Detoxification: Heavy Metals, Mercury and how to get rid of them

Hi!
Just out on Monday is a great youtube video from Dr Mercola and Chris Shade about detoxing safely. Mr Shade goes into inorganic and methyl mercury, detox herbs, chemicals, diet (he recommends FAT! :-) lots of info here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPKQ5JLINTA
also, as per Joes post above, EDTA is a great biofilm disruptor which is important as we know for dealing withbacteria virii fungi...
Mr Shade also talks about his product "imd" (sp?) which does a good job of taking out heavy metals and supporting the liver/detox process.

Joe said:
Just wanted to post this here for others who are interested. Detoxing HMs is best done with DMSA and/or EDTA (DMSA for mercury mainly, EDTA for lead, mainly). DMSA can be quite harsh, depending on the amount you take, so an alternative and easier process can be followed with the following list, the main detoxer being the cilantro/chlorella mix, the rest being assistant detox supplements and co-factors. These supps/co factors are not essential and not totally necessary. All, or a selection of them can be taken if possible.

EZ Heavy Metal Detox Protocol

Cilantro/Chlorella dropper mix (for example "Planetary Herbals, Cilantro Heavy Metal Detox"- 2 drops once a day then increase by 1 drop every 3-4 days as tolerated up to two full droppers per day.

Chlorella – 3- 4 grams once or twice a day (powder or pills)

Pantothenic Acid (vit B5) – 1 capsule per day

Can this be done in morning during the salt water/iodine time?

mugatea said:

FWIW, in some days I do precisely that. I tend to separate a second batch of supplements for mid-morning, when I need the extra help, so that is when I include the chlorella.

Joe said:
Just wanted to post this here for others who are interested. Detoxing HMs is best done with DMSA and/or EDTA (DMSA for mercury mainly, EDTA for lead, mainly). DMSA can be quite harsh, depending on the amount you take, so an alternative and easier process can be followed with the following list, the main detoxer being the cilantro/chlorella mix, the rest being assistant detox supplements and co-factors. These supps/co factors are not essential and not totally necessary. All, or a selection of them can be taken if possible.

EZ Heavy Metal Detox Protocol

Cilantro/Chlorella dropper mix (for example "Planetary Herbals, Cilantro Heavy Metal Detox"- 2 drops once a day then increase by 1 drop every 3-4 days as tolerated up to two full droppers per day.

Chlorella – 3- 4 grams once or twice a day (powder or pills)

Pantothenic Acid (vit B5) – 1 capsule per day

L-Methionine - 1 cap per day

Taurine - 1 cap per day

NAC - 1-2 caps per day

R-Fraction ALA – 1 cap per day

Milk Thistle – 2 caps per day

Selenium – 200mcg per day

Zinc – 1 pill per day or every other day

Modified Citrus Pectin – 6 caps per day

Molybdenum - 1 cap per day

Folic Acid - 1 cap per day

Humic Acid - 1 cap per day

Astralagus Root - 1 cap per day

Garlic clove (or oil gels) - 1 clove per day or 4 gels

There's been a lot of SOTT posts lately about activated charcoal cleansing HM from the gut... never use that Joe?

Gaby said:
mugatea said:

FWIW, in some days I do precisely that. I tend to separate a second batch of supplements for mid-morning, when I need the extra help, so that is when I include the chlorella.

It seems there is a little Vit C in chlorella. Gaby, o you take it an hour after iodine or safe to do so at same time?

mugatea said:
There's been a lot of SOTT posts lately about activated charcoal cleansing HM from the gut... never use that Joe?

I'm not sure about charcoal with food in case it just grabs everything including nutrients etc. In fact it seems to do precisely this, because it's very effective for nausea after eating too much.

yeah I know a lot of people worry about that, but a post on SOTT has this quote

"Charcoal added to the diet of sheep for six months did not cause a loss of nutrients, as compared with sheep not receiving charcoal. ... 5 % of the total diet was charcoal. It did not affect the blood or urinary levels of calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, inorganic phosphorus, potassium, sodium, zinc, creatinine, uric acid, urea nitrogen, alkaline phosphatase, total protein or urine pH."

http://www.sott.net/article/313394-Activated-charcoal-Improve-liver-adrenal-gland-kidney-functions

I take it at bedtime on an empty stomach at the mo.

mugatea said:

Tried it a few times, stools were black for several days afterwards. I think charcoal absorbs randomly. It's good for poisoning for example, but maybe not specific enough for HMs, although it probably helps to some extent.

Joe said:
mugatea said:

Tried it a few times, stools were black for several days afterwards. I think charcoal absorbs randomly. It's good for poisoning for example, but maybe not specific enough for HMs, although it probably helps to some extent.

That's my understanding too. If you want to include it, perhaps take it last thing before bed to mop up things from the bile released during sleep.

Joe said:
mugatea said:

Yeah I think I prob agree Black poo was intersting though, but I guess it's just a general absorbant.

mugatea said:
It seems there is a little Vit C in chlorella. Gaby, o you take it an hour after iodine or safe to do so at same time?

In that case, I would wait an hour. Best to take your C separately from your iodine.

I made a post in another thread that may have a bearing on heavy metals detox so is worth reading on that score:
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,12314.msg639858.html#msg639858

The paragraph is as follows:

Lithium also provides robust protection from heavy metal toxicity. Lithium has been shown to protect cells from aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury toxicity. Animal studies has positioned lithium as having a protective effect against toxic metals.

Just an interesting experience to note down. I did a round of heavy metal fighting this week using iodine, ALA, selenium and cilantro to mobilize, and DMSA to chelate. This morning I've woke up with pretty strong fungus symptoms: bad breath, itchy places on the body, and loose stools that smell like alcohol (literally as if I'd drank a whole lot of whiskey the night before).

This would be very confusing were it not for the theory out there that heavy metal detox can actually trigger mold to proliferate in the body. Of course it could be something else too, but it looks like this does actually happen.

Will be taking nystatin and lots of chlorella for a few days to see how it pans out.

Carl said:
Will be taking nystatin and lots of chlorella for a few days to see how it pans out.

Fungi is often released when you do heavy metal chelation. When trying nystatin, ideally it should be at least one week in order to decrease the chance of creating resistant fungi. Pretty much like with any anti-microbial.

Pau D'Arco is also good to fight fungi.

Back
Top Bottom