DMSO - Dimethylsulphoxide

Psyche said:
I don't think we have shared this one here just yet.

http://healthnews.benabraham.com/html/fountain_of_youth_-_nature_s_h.html

Chapter-6
DMSO - The Persecuted Drug
Dr. Stanley Jacob

.... Snip

Dr. Jacob and Herschler devised numerous experiments, one showing that mice which had sustained burns were more comfortable after being daubed with DMSO. Herschler soon profited from this knowledge. After an accidental chemical burn on his hands, arms, and forehead, he called Jacob. "Apply DMSO on one side and see what happens", Jacob told him. Herschler called him back in 15 minutes, "The pain stopped. Now I'm going to do the other side". A few weeks later, one of Herschler's assistants sprained an ankle. In 15 minutes after DMSO was applied, the pain was gone and in 30 minutes the swelling as well. ...

Great read Psyche - Thanks. My Brother just sprained his ankle badly in a fall from a collapsed step ladder. He just took a dose orally and is painting some on the ankle where swelling and bruising are appearing. He is reading your post as I write. Very good timing - Thanks again.

Hi guys

I have a question regarding the DMSO and mixing it with distilled water(+salt)

I have a On tap from brita and it cleanses the water from all of kinds of stuff like metals, tastes etc.
tea0117_02_kartusche_03.jpg

and here is my question, I can't get a pure saline solution from my pharmacy, because they don't have it, they have it as a nasal solution for those with stuffed noses, and it has also more ingredients then only salt.

so I want to make my own saline solution like this:

A cup of water from the ontap , boil the water afterwards, let it cool down, add salt to it and then mix it with the amount of DMSO that I need.

Is this O.K? :/

Quote from Bo

A cup of water from the ontap , boil the water afterwards, let it cool down, add salt to it and then mix it with the amount of DMSO that I need.

I've never tried to make sterile saline solution - but you would want to use distilled water - not filtered tap water. And then, you'd have to consider if the salt (sodium chloride) is pure/lab grade. You would need 9 grams of salt per liter of water for a 0.9% solution.

I would think your local pharmacy would order it for you, if it weren't stocked. Another thought is buying it from your local hospital or just buy it online?

For use with DMSO, sterile is a key point, as any impurities in the saline will quickly be absorbed into the body.

You only use the saline solution if you are making a 25% solution for eyes and ears. For drinking, use distilled water.

Lilou said:
Quote from Bo

I've never tried to make sterile saline solution - but you would want to use distilled water - not filtered tap water. And then, you'd have to consider if the salt (sodium chloride) is pure/lab grade. You would need 9 grams of salt per liter of water for a 0.9% solution.

I would think your local pharmacy would order it for you, if it weren't stocked. Another thought is buying it from your local hospital or just buy it online?

For use with DMSO, sterile is a key point, as any impurities in the saline will quickly be absorbed into the body.

You only use the saline solution if you are making a 25% solution for eyes and ears. For drinking, use distilled water.

Thanks, I guess I will have to find it online and my pharmacy just doesn't have it, they sell the 0,9% solution only as a nasal spray.

Bo said:
Thanks, I guess I will have to find it online and my pharmacy just doesn't have it, they sell the 0,9% solution only as a nasal spray.

Hmm here's a saline solution from Ebay: _http://cgi.ebay.com/Sodium-Chloride-Normal-Saline-Aqueous-solution-10-ml_W0QQitemZ200502482529QQihZ010QQcategoryZ11776QQcmdZViewItem

Oxajil said:
Bo said:

Hmm here's a saline solution from Ebay: _http://cgi.ebay.com/Sodium-Chloride-Normal-Saline-Aqueous-solution-10-ml_W0QQitemZ200502482529QQihZ010QQcategoryZ11776QQcmdZViewItem

I don't trust ebay, have to find it somewhere else.

EDIT: it has to be in glass bottles and not in plastic bottles.

Bo said:

If the nasal spray is simply 0.9% sterile saline, I don't see why you couldn't just use that. I mean, saline is saline, regardless if it's being sold as a nasal spray or an eye wash. And to use with 25% DMSO as an eye drop, you really don't need a very large quantity.

Lilou said:
Bo said:

If the nasal spray is simply 0.9% sterile saline, I don't see why you couldn't just use that. I mean, saline is saline, regardless if it's being sold as a nasal spray or an eye wash. And to use with 25% DMSO as an eye drop, you really don't need a very large quantity.

This is what it says on the back of this saline nasal spray.

Ingredients:

1 ml has 7,4mg of sodium chloride

Other ingredients:

Benzalkonium chloride
(0,1 mg/ml), Disodium
(0,5mg/ml), Disodium phosphate, sodium, cremophor RH40, water.

I will be asking tomorrow at another pharmacy...because I am kind of baffled that this isn't sold

Laura said:

I've been drinking DMSO with filtered tap water (which is neither distilled nor filtered to a high degree). I wonder if I am running the risk of forcing impurities deeper into my body by taking DMSO with anything less than distilled water?

I recently learned that chlorine dioxide is added to my city's water supply, which the filtered water that I'm currently using does not remove.

Kniall said:
I recently learned that chlorine dioxide is added to my city's water supply, which the filtered water that I'm currently using does not remove.

They're mixing Mineral Miracle Solution into the tap water? I would say that even the tiniest amount of this is too much, since it can accumulate in the body. Why not buy a decent water distiller?

dmso is something that we were looking at over at this small biotech a couple of years ago to prevent inflammation. the thinking went that it interrupted the migration of white blood cells (neutrophils) thus preventing the normal cytokine cascade which is put in motion as those cells arrive on the scene. this was something i noted in some cell based assays.

now, is this why it may have these medicinal effects? perhaps...but it probably does a whole lot more that we don't know.

it's also used regularly as a solvent to freeze cell lines. we use about 10% with the rest consisting of cell media. dmso prevents ice crystals from forming during the freezing process, which kill the cell by puncturing their cell membrane.

dmso is also used as a vehicle for delivering drugs or experimental compounds to cells...so it's safe enough at low doses, i suppose.

it's funny, i've used the stuff for so long with gloves on that i assumed it was toxic. i can't imagine swallowing it...but if it's good for you, bottoms up!

Laura said:
I have some pharmaceutical grade DMSO and I pour about two teaspoons in a glass in the evening, put my 20 mg of doxycycline in it, add about 2 teaspoons of distilled water, and then take it in my mouth and swish it around for about 2 or 3 minutes and then swallow it. So I guess it is about 50% solution. It's REALLY working on my mouth. That inflamed area of my jaw has calmed down about 70% in just a couple of days. Or more, actually. I expect it to be completely soothed by tomorrow after tonight's dose of DMSO.

That's remarkable, I'm getting some for all my family :) . I'm also starting to use bicarbonate soda every day as a digestive and cancer prevention! Have you tried??

EDU

EGVG said:
Laura said:
I have some pharmaceutical grade DMSO and I pour about two teaspoons in a glass in the evening, put my 20 mg of doxycycline in it, add about 2 teaspoons of distilled water, and then take it in my mouth and swish it around for about 2 or 3 minutes and then swallow it. So I guess it is about 50% solution. It's REALLY working on my mouth. That inflamed area of my jaw has calmed down about 70% in just a couple of days. Or more, actually. I expect it to be completely soothed by tomorrow after tonight's dose of DMSO.

That's remarkable, I'm getting some for all my family :) . I'm also starting to use bicarbonate soda every day as a digestive and cancer prevention! Have you tried??

EDU

If you follow the thread, you will see that they experimented at Sott HQ:

Laura said:
Psyche has done some research on the topic, and we've done a little experimenting, and we have the idea that, considering the time that DMSO stays in the system, what it does, etc, unless you have had a stroke and heart attack and need it to ream out your blood vessels and stuff, the best dose amount and schedule is one teaspoonful in a glass of distilled water once a week.

So that's what we are doing.

It seems to be a very strong detoxifying agent and to take too much can really make you feel the effects of dumping a load of toxins all at once. So this is the preferred dosage.

Back
Top Bottom