The Living Force
Yes, I think the lotion is to be rubbed around the ear, and the 40% DMSO solution goes in the ear. My question was I guess that that the other 60% would be made up of water, or maybe some kind of carrier oil? I'm not much of an alchemist, so I doubt I will acquire and replicate what Gaby used.I'm not too keen on cayenne pepper in my ear! Or did you mean the lotion of cayenne is rubbed around the outside of the ear? I read awhile back that tinnitis is basically overactive nerves firing off unabated,
I listened to this podcast, key highlights below. It is mentioned that tinnitus can be caused by poor blood flow to the ears, neck trauma, excess adrenaline (such as from brain inflammation and stress), jaw misalignment, etc. She gives several methods and modalities as possible solutions. Although most people don't have ready access to low level laser therapy or audio-visual brain entrainment.
Solutions for Tinnitis
- 2:15 A definition & background of tinnitus
- 3:08 TCM types of tinnitus (excess & deficient types)
- 5:34 Treatment with acupuncture requires treating the ‘root’ (cause) and ‘branch’ (symptoms).
- 6:25 Two other causes of tinnitus include - physical damage from loud noise (accounts for 20 percent of cases) and lack of blood flow to neck & occipital areas (accounts for 80 percent).
- 7:15 Newer perspectives of tinnitus consider it to be casued from a traumatic injury to neck or brain area which causes ‘lymphodema’ (swelling of lymph tissue in head areas).
- 10:52 Stress can reduce blood flow to the brain and ears via excess adrenaline constricting blood vessels.
- 12:00 Tinnitus requires patience to treat.
- 13:10 Correcting jaw misalignment can correct tinnitus.
- 15:20 Massaging the jaw area under and around ear with magnesium topic creams relaxes tension to increase blood flow to ears.
- 16:48 Deeply relaxing therapies will improve tinnitus symptoms.
- 18:09 Audio-visual brain entrainment is effective in treating TMJ & tinnitus.
- 21:20 Cranio-electro-stimulation puts a micro-current through the occipital area increases relaxation, decrescres anxiety & tinnitus.
- 22:19 Low level laser therapy over neck, cranial & occipital points & also inside the ear improves tinnitus. Near infrared wavelengths work better as it penetrates deeper.
- 24:43 Specific acupuncture points useful for tinnitus include – GB 20, DU 16, SJ 17, GB points around the ear, 3 points straight infront of ear or distal points.
- 27:10 A mild flare-up of symptoms may occur temporarily, which is natural in the healing response. Use lower doses & persist longer term.
- 29:00 High adrenaline cuts down micro-circulation to ears, causing tinnitus. It can be counteracted by applying a 5% progesterone cream to occipital areas, several times in a day.
- 32:13 DMSO (Dimethyl sulfoxide) has been shown to cure tinnitus by using 40 % DMSO drops in the ear with a lotion of cayenne, DMSO & aloe vera applied around the ear 4 times per day, within one month.
- Book ‘The Pain Truth – Seven Simple Steps to Help Pain’ – By Dr. Mark Rogers
- Podcast with Dr. Dwight Jennings’ treating tinnitus with jaw work.
- Audio-visual brain entrainment – MindAlive research for tinnitus
- Low level laser device for tinnitus
- Book – ‘The DMSO Handbook for Doctors’ by Archie Scott.