DMSO - Dimethylsulphoxide

Here's the other paper by Hoang et al.

Dimethyl Sulfoxide–Sodium Bicarbonate Infusion for Palliative Care and Pain Relief in Patients With Metastatic Prostate Cancer
ABSTRACT
Prostate cancer (adenocarcinoma of the prostate) is the most widespread cancer in men. It causes significant suffering and mortality due to metastatic disease. The main therapy for metastatic prostate cancer (MPC) includes androgen manipulation, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy and/or radioisotopes. However, these therapeutic approaches are considered palliative at this stage, and their significant side effects can cause further decline in patients’ quality of life and increase non–cancer-related morbidity/mortality. In this study, the authors have used the infusion of dimethyl sulfoxide–sodium bicarbonate (DMSO-SB) to treat 18 patients with MPC. The 90-day follow-up of the patients having undergone the proposed therapeutic regimen showed significant improvement in clinical symptoms, blood and biochemistry tests, and quality of life. There were no major side effects from the treatment. In searching for new and better methods for palliative treatment and pain relief, this study strongly suggested therapy with DMSO-SB infusions could provide a rational alternative to conventional treatment for patients with MPC.

Patients with pain score <3 points (VDS) were treated with infusion of 25 mL of 99.9% DMSO
solution mixed with 250 mL of SB 1.4% solution and 10 mL of magnesium sulfate 1.5% (7 patients).
Patients with pain score ≥3 points were treated with infusion of 40 mL DMSO mixed with 500 mL of
SB 1.4% solution and 10 mL of magnesium sulfate 1.5%
(11 patients).

Patients with pain score that did not decrease in 3 days of treatment with infusion of 40 mL DMSO were recommended to receive a dose of 60 mL of DMSO mixed with 500 mL of SB 1.4% solution
(2 patients). When the pain was completely under control, the dose of DMSO returned to 40 mL.
The patients who were treated with 40 DMSO and achieved complete pain control had their dose of
DMSO reduced by 5 mL after each cycle of infusion reaching a maintenance dose of 25 mL DMSO per
day for the remaining cycles. The speed of drip was 40 to 60 drops per minute (mean: 50 drops per minute)

There were nine episodes of transient mild headache and five episodes of moderate chilling during
and after treatmen
t. These side effects subsided and were resolved in 1 to 2 hours and all patients were
able to continue with the next set of infusions.
For these patients who experienced transient headache
and episodes of chilling spell, we recommended slowing the drip rate to 30 drops per minute in the next
infusion session.

Attachments

• Dimethyl Sulfoxide–Sodium Bicarbonate.pdf
    189.3 KB · Views: 15
I posted in this thread earlier this year about issues with my wisdom tooth that stopped after I applied DMSO and iodine on the tooth. Over the last month the wisdom tooth was causing me discomfort again, and last week it became very swollen, painful, and the area was bleeding. Like last time, I applied DMSO and iodine on it 2-3 times a day for 4 days and the wisdom tooth gradually went 'back to sleep'. I do wonder if I get some kind of periodic infection in that tooth if the DMSO + iodine combo works. But I noticed the tooth had emerged from the gum a little more so it does look like it was the tooth growth that caused the pain, rather than an infection. Well, either way, I'm super glad it worked :-)

on a different note, I used to have bunions developing on my feet, and iodine supplementation combined with occasional topical application have contributed to their healing, to the point that one is almost completely gone, the other one is smaller but quite persistent. I've now started applying iodine and DMSO on the affected area to see if it helps.

I posted in this thread earlier this year about issues with my wisdom tooth that stopped after I applied DMSO and iodine on the tooth. Over the last month the wisdom tooth was causing me discomfort again, and last week it became very swollen, painful, and the area was bleeding. Like last time, I applied DMSO and iodine on it 2-3 times a day for 4 days and the wisdom tooth gradually went 'back to sleep'. I do wonder if I get some kind of periodic infection in that tooth if the DMSO + iodine combo works. But I noticed the tooth had emerged from the gum a little more so it does look like it was the tooth growth that caused the pain, rather than an infection. Well, either way, I'm super glad it worked :-)

on a different note, I used to have bunions developing on my feet, and iodine supplementation combined with occasional topical application have contributed to their healing, to the point that one is almost completely gone, the other one is smaller but quite persistent. I've now started applying iodine and DMSO on the affected area to see if it helps.

You may ultimately need to have your wisdom teeth removed. I had to have all 4 removed because of exactly what you describe. There was no room in my mouth for them to come out, so they kept up this partial emergence, retreat routine for years.

You may ultimately need to have your wisdom teeth removed. I had to have all 4 removed because of exactly what you describe. There was no room in my mouth for them to come out, so they kept up this partial emergence, retreat routine for years.

Thank you Laura. At the moment I only have one wisdom tooth emerging but yeah, I think eventually it will have to go. The scan showed that the tooth is growing at a weird, almost horizontal angle and the roots have a really messed up shape. I was told that the risk of damaging a nerve is quite large so I'm trying to postpone it for as long as I can. The perspective of facial muscle damage is quite scary but I do realise that a day will probably come when taking that risk will be the less painful option.

Thank you Laura. At the moment I only have one wisdom tooth emerging but yeah, I think eventually it will have to go. The scan showed that the tooth is growing at a weird, almost horizontal angle and the roots have a really messed up shape. I was told that the risk of damaging a nerve is quite large so I'm trying to postpone it for as long as I can. The perspective of facial muscle damage is quite scary but I do realise that a day will probably come when taking that risk will be the less painful option.

It's not so bad if you go to an oral surgeon who will put you to sleep. I did and I'm glad!!!

I just had my two left ones taken out a two weeks ago. One of them was easy and straight-forward to remove, but the bottom one was growing at a 45-degree tilt towards the front of my mouth, and this one they had to cut in half to remove. I definitely suggest considering being put to sleep if it's going to be a complicated extraction like the one you are describing. Hearing the dentist go through difficulties in cutting and removing wasn't fun at all. :shock:

I applied DMSO and iodine on it 2-3 times a day for 4 days and the wisdom tooth gradually went 'back to sleep'. I do wonder if I get some kind of periodic infection in that tooth if the DMSO + iodine combo works.
Did you apply it directly to the gum area around/on the tooth or to the outside of the cheek near the tooth?

I just had my two left ones taken out a two weeks ago. One of them was easy and straight-forward to remove, but the bottom one was growing at a 45-degree tilt towards the front of my mouth, and this one they had to cut in half to remove. I definitely suggest considering being put to sleep if it's going to be a complicated extraction like the one you are describing. Hearing the dentist go through difficulties in cutting and removing wasn't fun at all. :shock:

Thank you Temperance, I agree with Laura's and your suggestion to be put to sleep. When the day comes, I'm going to ask for double dose of anaesthesia for horses or something, just to be on the safe side. I absolutely want to sleep through it, that's for sure :scared:

A large part of my panicking was probably caused by the dentist who took and assessed the scan. She made it sound like it was a really tough case and that I needed a surgeon to deal with this, not a dentist. But now that I think about it, she probably meant that it would be a tough job for a dentist but daily bread for an oral surgeon. From what you're saying your surgery wasn't an easy one either and you are OK now. I guess I'll live too :-)

Did you apply it directly to the gum area around/on the tooth or to the outside of the cheek near the tooth?

I applied it inside, on the gum and the tooth. I put a drop of iodine directly on the tooth and smeared it around. I then painted it with DMSO on a cotton bud around the entire area a couple of times. I noticed improvement after the first treatment, which I did in the evening. The next morning the discomfort and swelling were better and the shooting pain that I felt around my throat was gone. It was only painful if I applied pressure directly on the tooth, although the tooth was still bleeding. At the moment it's completely back to normal, like there's never been any issue.

I realise this little remedy is not a permanent solution but when I do decide to have it removed the operation will probably be a couple of days (if not weeks) away. It's comforting to know that there's something that can ease the symptoms while I wait for the operation.

Also, when I apply the DMSO + iodine combo on my feet (leftover bunions) I start with iodine and then immediately apply DMSO while iodine is still wet. I noticed that if I start with DMSO, iodine doesn't stick well. So if you ever happen to try that, I guess starting with iodine may be more effective.

Last edited:
A large part of my panicking was probably caused by the dentist who took and assessed the scan. She made it sound like it was a really tough case and that I needed a surgeon to deal with this, not a dentist. But now that I think about it, she probably meant that it would be a tough job for a dentist but daily bread for an oral surgeon. From what you're saying your surgery wasn't an easy one either and you are OK now. I guess I'll live too :-)
I asked my surgeon right before he started how often he did this and how many, and he said every friday, and so many that he lost count, so that was very reassuring before he began!
I don't have any residual pain, and there weren't any complications after the surgery, so I'm very happy about that.
I made a lot of bone broth and soup the week before and froze it, so that was helpful too.
:-D
Just have to get the stitches out tomorrow.

I applied it inside, on the gum and the tooth. I put a drop of iodine directly on the tooth and smeared it around. I then painted it with DMSO on a cotton bud around the entire area a couple of times. I noticed improvement after the first treatment, which I did in the evening. The next morning the discomfort and swelling were better and the shooting pain that I felt around my throat was gone. It was only painful if I applied pressure directly on the tooth, although the tooth was still bleeding. At the moment it's completely back to normal, like there's never been any issue.

I realise this little remedy is not a permanent solution but when I do decide to have it removed the operation will probably be a couple of days (if not weeks) away. It's comforting to know that there's something that can ease the symptoms while I wait for the operation.

Also, when I apply the DMSO + iodine combo on my feet (leftover bunions) I start with iodine and then immediately apply DMSO while iodine is still wet. I noticed that if I start with DMSO, iodine doesn't stick well. So if you ever happen to try that, I guess starting with iodine may be more effective.
Thank you for your description, I will keep this in mind if the two on the right ever get infected. It's not a fun thought, but we should definitely think about removing them before an infection happens to be proactive, since then recovery may be more complicated and slow. Being proactive also let's us plan ahead with time off from work, for example I had planned to do it during my vacation period. Not sure how your situation is in this regard, but something to think about fwiw.

I recently had my mercury fillings extracted as well (the legit procedure with the dental dam and respiratory protection), so I'm going through the iodine and dmso threads again to review before I attempt more heavy-duty detoxing.

Meanwhile, we were reading a book about DMSO here - forgot the title and author but someone will remember - and it talked about a method for curing tinnitis. The method there was a little intense and included injections, but the other part was simply application to the ear. The object was to reduce inflammation, increase circulation, and use DMSO for its own properties as well as carrying the other elements into the ear.

Well, we didn't have the specific ingredients named, but we had some similar things. So, we made a sterile mixture of DMSO, Metamizol (injectible), pentox (injectible) and Quinton water. Don't recall the exact proportions, but it is a conservative solution.

So, for about 5 days now, I've been putting two or three drops in each ear every night before going to sleep. I put it in one ear, read awhile with that ear up, and then, when I turn over to go to sleep, I put the drops in the other ear that is now "up".

Well, almost right away, I could notice changes, though they were subtle. Instead of a constant ringing, it began to fluctuate and even lessen. Last night, I got up to visit the WC and I noticed that it had completely stopped. First time in years. It was back when I woke up this morning, but it is certainly lessened. Instead of Gabriel blowing his horn, it's a couple of cherubs with flutes. And it was pretty astonishing for those few minutes I was awake last night to have silence.

The book says that their method takes about a month to cure the condition, so I don't know how to compare since I am using only something similar and then, without any injections - just drops. So, I don't know what it will do or how long it will take, just reporting preliminary results here.

Well, almost right away, I could notice changes, though they were subtle. Instead of a constant ringing, it began to fluctuate and even lessen. Last night, I got up to visit the WC and I noticed that it had completely stopped. First time in years. It was back when I woke up this morning, but it is certainly lessened. Instead of Gabriel blowing his horn, it's a couple of cherubs with flutes. And it was pretty astonishing for those few minutes I was awake last night to have silence.

What an impressive result! I'm glad it helped already, "Gabriel blowing his horn" sounds awful. Apart from occasional ringing in my ears I've never experienced tinnitus but it must be such a drain on the quality of everyday life.

Well, we didn't have the specific ingredients named, but we had some similar things. So, we made a sterile mixture of DMSO, Metamizol (injectible), pentox (injectible) and Quinton water. Don't recall the exact proportions, but it is a conservative solution.

I have a question regarding the injectable solution. I've been doing Quinton injections for about a month now and I'd like to start adding other ingredients to the solution. Do you use regular DMSO purchased form for example Amazon? Or does it have to be a sterile pharmaceutical grade solution? I've been dipping cotton swabs in my botte so I'm not sure if it's still pure enough for percutaneous injections?

I've been applying DMSO + iodine externally on my feet due to some leftover bunions, but I'd be interested to try out injecting it too. I just don't know what level of sterility is required and I'm a bit concern about causing issues or an infection.

Last edited:
DMSO is also very effective against fungus. I once had one on my toenail during years. After applying DMSO 2-3 times per day during a week, it completely disappeared, in spite of the doctor prognostic saying I would have to live with it the rest of my life. It has meant such a relief buying my usual shoes again.

I have a question regarding the injectable solution. I've been doing Quinton injections for about a month now and I'd like to start adding other ingredients to the solution. Do you use regular DMSO purchased form for example Amazon? Or does it have to be a sterile pharmaceutical grade solution? I've been dipping cotton swabs in my botte so I'm not sure if it's still pure enough for percutaneous injections?

I've been applying DMSO + iodine externally on my feet due to some leftover bunions, but I'd be interested to try out injecting it too. I just don't know what level of sterility is required and I'm a bit concern about causing issues or an infection.

DMSO is not appropriate for percutaneous injections. Fuggedaboutit!

A couple of cherubs with flutes sounds much better!

The book is "Walker Morton. DMSO Nature's Healer. New York: Avery, 1993." Excerpts here:

The solution for tinnitus called for an old school anti-inflammatory, a vasoactive and DMSO. So we opted for metamizol, pentox and DMSO.

Pentox 300mg/15ml: 1ml
Metamizol 2g/5ml (brand name Nolotil, contains magnesium): 4ml
Quinton isotonic: 20ml
DMSO 99.9%: 4ml.

Voilà.

A couple of cherubs with flutes sounds much better!

The book is "Walker Morton. DMSO Nature's Healer. New York: Avery, 1993." Excerpts here:

The solution for tinnitus called for an old school anti-inflammatory, a vasoactive and DMSO. So we opted for metamizol, pentox and DMSO.

Pentox 300mg/15ml: 1ml
Metamizol 2g/5ml (brand name Nolotil, contains magnesium): 4ml
Quinton isotonic: 20ml
DMSO 99.9%: 4ml.

Voilà.

Thank you Gaby
When I was about 12 years old, hearingin in my right ear started to get worse as a result of ear infections and now sometimes tinnitus they are so intensive that it is hard to focus on anything.
I will give a try to this mixture.

Back
Top Bottom