DMSO - Dimethylsulphoxide

25cc is too much for intramuscular use, there's risk of a sterile abscess. You could do 25cc subcutaneously though.

Subcutaneously, you can put up to 1000ml in practices like percutaneous hydrotomy and depending on the anatomical area covered (i.e. 1L subcutaneously for the entire vertebral column area through 24 subcutaneous needles). But intramuscular, I would not go beyond 12cc.

There is space for 12cc in all 10cc syringes. So 0.5cc up to 1 cc of DMSO and the rest physiological solution: total of 12cc of liquid.

Quinton is not a solution that is ideal for parenteral (intramuscular or subcutaneous) use because it has marine endotoxins. There are reported cases of sepsis. Even though these cases might have been immunocompromised patients, the warning is still valid.

If you are not sure about the differences between subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, I would get help from a health care provider.

I'll order the 10cc syringes and combine the DMSO with sterile water and start with 0.5cc of DMSO. Thanks Gaby!

Here's a very good review from Brayton (Cornell University), written in 1986:

It's very complete and gives a good idea of what to expect in terms of side effects. DMSO's properties are reviewed and it's important to remember any potential toxic elements you might have been exposed shortly before (or after) using DMSO. There are reported cases of death because mercury was applied shortly before a topical DMSO in a horse.

DMSO has a sedative effect and it's also a good anticholinesterase chemical. That is, acetylcholine circulates better in the body after DMSO use:

DMSO's properties are reversible, including its ability to alter protein folding and/or configuration:

View attachment 31633

The chapter is too long to quote entirely, but it is highly recommended reading.

On a separate note, DMSO is compatible with stent materials except for those experimental stents that get purposely reabsorbed in the short-term. There is preliminary research to suggest that DMSO might prolong the life of the stents:

So this is cholinergic, not anticholinergic?

DMSO is a powerful solvent and for this reason is used a lot in industry. Therefore it can potentially leach chemicals out of anything you put it in. There are stories of factory workers being splashed with it, and it carrying the dye in their jeans into their bloodstream, and there is a specific treatment for this.

So I would definitely prefer glass for storage.

I bought mine from dmso.net, and it came in plastic bottles. The operator is a chemist, so it appears that DMSO is fine in the plastic bottles he provided. There was some discussion earlier in this thread about plastic versus glass storage. I don't know so I'm on the fence.

But I see how one might want to wrap it up overnight to get a long exposure time.
Morton Walker in the book talks about applying DMSO, then wrapping cotton gauze, and then wrapping plastic wrap around the gauze, but only in areas of body below the waist and only if there is no skin irritation reaction. So wrapping may be an option if your skin tolerates it well, though I'm not convinced of using plastic.

He also talks about applying DMSO with cotton balls. I'm going to try to find organic cotton balls or q tips.

Overcoming antibiotic resistance was a fascinating section. Basically DMSO somehow makes microorganisms vulnerable to antibiotics again after they developed antibiotic resistance. This is a potentially monumental effect, like FOTCM winning the Nobel Prize for combining quinine (low cost) and DMSO (low cost) to eradicate malaria. Maybe we should start an NGO for this.

Here's a protocol shared by Thomas Levy:

Optimizing Health and Preventing Infectious Disease

Pathogen presences and aggregations in the body generally come in three basic forms:
  • Body-wide, as exemplified when one is sick with the flu
  • Focal and concentrated, best exemplified by infected teeth, gums, or tonsils, generally associated with, or capable of readily generating, identifiable accumulations (abscesses)
  • Chronic pathogen colonization (CPC). This pathogen presence is less focal, with a chronic area of overgrowth but with overall lesser concentrations (compared to focal infections). These pathogen accumulations are capable of ongoing but limited growth and the regular generation of exudates, but not generally frank abscesses. The chronicity of the colonization is largely assured by the formation and persistence of "protective" biofilms, largely composed of an organized matrix of extracellular polysaccharides. [54,55] Such a biofilm permits the pathogens to have a sustained presence. Furthermore, a biofilm can increase the resistance to various antibiotics by up to 1,000-fold. [56] Not surprisingly, no antibiotic can kill pathogens that it cannot physically access.
The presence of focal infections and abscesses throughout the body is a well-known pathology, as is the ability of the body to be systemically infected, as with the flu or sepsis. However, CPC, commonly found on the mucosal linings in the oral cavity, the lungs, and throughout the alimentary tract, has not yet been recognized as a condition of great clinical importance, even though it is very common. To the contrary, however, CPC, with its intimate relationship to general gut health, is of enormous clinical consequence in many different medical conditions.

Two substances that are especially effective in stripping away biofilms to permit the effective application of anti-pathogen measures are hydrogen peroxide and dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO). [66-69] When dealing with chronic conditions in the sinuses and pharynx, it is probably best to first nebulize with hydrogen peroxide (1 to 5 cc of 3% peroxide with volume brought up to 10 to 12 cc with filtered water) for about 15 minutes or so, and then follow with nebulization of any of a number of other agents.

Alternatively, DMSO can be readily combined with other anti-pathogen agents, such as sodium ascorbate (vitamin C) and magnesium chloride. Anecdotally, this DMSO-vitamin C-magnesium chloride combination has proven to be very effective in clearing biofilms and their underlying pathogen colonies. This can be done with 1 to 5 cc of 99.9% DMSO brought up to 10 to 12 cc with a combination solution of vitamin C and magnesium chloride. Precise concentrations are not critical, and the combination solution can be quickly and easily made by adding about 2 teaspoons of sodium ascorbate powder and 2 teaspoons of magnesium chloride powder to about a half cup of water. Since the sodium ascorbate will oxidize over several hours as it turns yellow, it can be made separately from the magnesium chloride solution, which remains very stable and does not significantly deteriorate over time.

Recommended protocol:
  1. For restoration/maintenance of normal gut microbial flora and normal gut function, take a probiotic supplement daily, follow the tongue hygiene protocol as described above, and nebulize the DMSO-vitamin C-magnesium combination as described above at least once daily.
  2. For an acute cold or early onset of influenza or other suspected viral syndrome, nebulize the DMSO/VC/magnesium combination for 15 to 30 minutes several times the first day. Anecdotal evidence suggests that almost complete resolution can often be seen by the next day. Continue daily as frequently as desired until there are no longer any symptoms.
  3. For an established cold or other infection where there is likely a significant biofilm present, the same protocol as above can be followed, or an initial nebulization with hydrogen peroxide can be done to help assure a more complete access to the pathogens with subsequent nebulizations.
  4. Nebulization can be done with babies as well. Just be sure to have the ability to suction out secretions promptly as the treatment will result in a temporary increased flow of mucus and mobilization of infected secretions.
  5. As long as a nebulization is well-tolerated a wide variety of non-prescription agents can be nebulized, alone or in various combinations. You can determine over time if something works better for you than the recommended DMSO/vitamin C/magnesium combination. A partial list of such agents includes: N-acetyl cysteine, sodium bicarbonate, nascent iodine, colloidal silver, zinc, and glutathione. However, in general, avoid nebulizing and inhaling any agent that is fat-soluble or oil-based.
To my knowledge, there is no direct research available on the protocol I am recommending, since I assembled it to deal with my own problems. I can only say that I have seen the protocol promptly eradicate acute viral infections. It also promptly relieved non-specific dry coughing spells. Most significantly for me, it has largely resolved (gradually over a four- to six-week treatment period) a chronic sinusitis and nagging cough of roughly 60 years duration. For me it has been nothing short of a minor miracle.

Since it is highly doubtful that I will ever be able to document the effects of this protocol with a prospective, randomized, double-blinded and placebo-controlled clinical trial, I decide to share it will all who might be interested. It is now the focus of my next new book since the magnesium book has now been completed. I would strongly recommend adding this Gut Reboot Protocol to any treatment protocol for any condition. Also, I would welcome feedback from anyone who uses this protocol. Email: televymd@yahoo.com

Diseases Associated with Unhealthy Gastrointestinal Microbiomes
  • Leaky gut (basic foundation for everything else listed below) [4,5]
  • General impairment/negative modulation of immune function [6]
  • Breast cancer [7]
  • Pancreatic cancer [8,9]
  • Colorectal cancer [10]
  • Metabolic syndrome [11]
  • Heart disease and heart failure [12]
  • High blood pressure [13]
  • Gestational diabetes [14]
  • Multiple complications of pregnancy [15]
  • Allergic diseases and food allergies [16,17]
  • Autoimmune thyroid disease [18]
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome [19]
  • Migraine [20]
  • Depression [21]
  • Autism and autism spectrum disorder [22]
  • Abnormal mental health in adolescents [23]
  • Decreased cognitive function and memory [24]
  • Parkinson's disease and neurodegenerative diseases in general [25]
  • Stroke and other central nervous system diseases [26]
  • Irritable bowel syndrome [27]
  • Inflammatory bowel disease and intestinal fibrosis [28]
  • Abnormal bile acid profiles [29]
  • Liver disease [30,31]
  • Bacterial vaginosis [32]
  • Mucositis from chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy [33]
  • Diabetes mellitus and abnormal lipid profiles [34,35]
  • Juvenile idiopathic arthritis [36]
  • General arthritic conditions3 [37]
  • Rheumatic diseases [38]
  • Gastrointestinal conditions in genera [39]
  • Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and other interstitial lung diseases [40]
  • Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) [41]
  • Asthma and cystic fibrosis [42]
  • Eye diseases [43,44]
  • Ongoing support of periodontitis and gingivitis [45-47]
  • Gastrointestinal chronic pathogen colonization (CPC) in asymptomatic kidney transplant patients [48]
  • Abnormal gut microbiome secondary to antibiotic exposure [49]
  • Obesity and weight gain [50-53]
For more info, see: Reboot Your Gut: Optimizing Health and Preventing Infectious Disease

So, basically he is saying that the following solution cured a chronic cough of 60 years duration?

So, you make a solution of 2 teaspoons of sodium ascorbate powder and 2 teaspoons of magnesium chloride powder to about a half cup of water

Then, you take 1 to 5 cc of 99.9% DMSO and add enough of the socium ascorbate and magnesium solution to make your final mixture 10 to 12 CC.

Then you nebulize this for 10 to 15 minutes?

After this mixture is made, do you then dilute it in filtered water for the nebulizer, or nebulize it straight?

So, basically he is saying that the following solution cured a chronic cough of 60 years duration?

Yes and he's sharing it because he has had excellent results and welcomes feedback at televymd@yahoo.com

So, you make a solution of 2 teaspoons of sodium ascorbate powder and 2 teaspoons of magnesium chloride powder to about a half cup of water

Then, you take 1 to 5 cc of 99.9% DMSO and add enough of the socium ascorbate and magnesium solution to make your final mixture 10 to 12 CC.

Then you nebulize this for 10 to 15 minutes?

That is correct, although if there is an important biofilm component, i.e. chronic sinus problems or pharyngitis, or a flu or significant infection, he suggests doing at least an initial hydrogen peroxide nebulization with 1 to 5 cc of 3% peroxide with volume brought up to 10 to 12 cc with filtered water) for about 15 minutes. Then follow up with the DMSO/sodium ascorbte/MgCl nebulizations.

After this mixture is made, do you then dilute it in filtered water for the nebulizer, or nebulize it straight?

Nebulize it straight.

Depending on the nebulizer, even 5cc can take a while, unless it's done with an oxygen tank in which case it's super fast. That is why I prefer to nebulize things straight when I don't have oxygen: to reduce the time of the nebulization.

So if the nebulizing machine is not that good, aim for the less quantity to nebulize on the protocol, otherwise you'll be there for quite a while.

Sorry if I have missed this and the question has already been answered - is it more effective to nebulize the solution instead of ingesting the liquid?

Sorry if I have missed this and the question has already been answered - is it more effective to nebulize the solution instead of ingesting the liquid?

Depends on what you're using it for. Pain relief has been achieved with oral, topical and parenteral (intravenous, subcutaneous, etc) DMSO. Oral DMSO can dehydrate a bit. Nebulizing it can be more effective for problems in sinuses, throat or lungs.

I think that nebulizing is a good delivery method even for your brain since there's no blood brain barrier between the brain and the end of your nose (at the ethmoidal "lamina cribosa"). That's why there are NIR lights that go in your nose.

I want to share another positive experience with DMSO.

A few days ago I went to work and I felt a sharp pain in my front teeth. I thought it was a reaction to the hot tea that I was drinking.
I left the tea, but a few minutes later the pain came again even stronger.
I found that just a little cold water is making the pain go away. So I managed the pain until later afternoon and when I finished with the working time I went to my dentist.

They could not figure out which tooth is the problem. There were periods when I felt the pain in one tooth, and after some time I would feel it in another. He ordered an X-ray.

I did it and even with that he wan not sure what is the problem, but he was suspecting that it is some kind of infection or inflammation.
So, he recommended making root canal filling or to extract the tooth. Since it was about front 2-3 teeth I didn't accept it and I told him that I have a very bad experience with root canal fillings from the past.

I decided to wait and see how will the situation develop.
That night before sleep I remembered about this thread about DMSO and I decided to mix a DMSO, little purified water and a few drops of Lugols.

I put it topically on the gums above the teeth where I felt the pain. There was a little pain felt but nothing big. I went to sleep and in the morning I felt that I don't have that pain in my teeth anymore.

The next day I took that mixture with me at work and I was applying it every 2-3 hours.

By the end of the day, the pain stopped completely. A red swollen area showed on the gums above the teeth. that was painful when touched or when applied to the DMSO mixture.

The next morning little white spot appeared. Probably an abscess, but it was tiny and it didn't hurt in touch.
It is still like that I am still applying DMSO for a few times a day. Also, I took some antibiotics orally
( Ospen 1500mg - Phenoxymethylpenicillin)-every 12 hours.
I hope that this infection will go away soon.

It is interesting that now there is some kind of very weak dull deep pain that is going to almost all teeth on my left side. Jumping from the front jaw to the lower.

I will continue with this protocol until I felt that there is no pain at all and the infection is cleared.
I hope this will work and will save my teeth from an invasive root canal procedure.

I just wonder if it will be smart to put antibiotics in that DMSO / Lugols mixture so I could deliver it directly to the infected spot.

Back
Top Bottom