Do-it-yourself liposomal nutrients

Re: Re: Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)

Psyche said:
Vitamin C
3 level tablespoons of soy lecithin (45cc). Make sure it is GMO free and organic if possible.
1 level tablespoon ascorbic acid powder (15cc)

Dissolve the lecithin in 1 cup (240cc) warm, NOT HOT, water, preferably distilled. You can use cold water but it dissolves much faster if slightly warmed. If the water is hot, it will clump rather than dissolve.

Dissolve the ascorbic acid in 1/2 cup warm water, preferably distilled.

Pour both solutions together into a wide mouth mason jar or other container that can accommodate the stick blender.

Blend until it forms a cloudy, homogeneous mixture in about 2 minutes.
Refrigerate and you're done. You will have to calculate the dose you are taking by the amount of Vitamin C in the product you use. For example, I bought a buffered powder that will give me 12 grams of Vitamin C in 14 oz of solution. When I make this I am going to add enough extra Vitamin C to make 1g/oz.

That sounds very easy! Liposomal vitamin C can be very pricey too, so this home version one is brilliant!

So it is the fat that makes the whole difference. Soy lecithin can be replaced with sunflower lecithin which is getting used more often as a replacement for the soy extract. This should be available in health stores.

I have done that recipe yesterday night and here a pic of the result this morning:

001.jpg

Well it is not homogeneous at all. :huh:

Hi,
I have mixed ascorbic acid with emser salz or ems salt and the result was bubbling mixture like the one you buy in a shop in tablntets also similar in taste. It was no longer sour.

Do You know what is the result of this reaction? What is the product of it?

Any hints?

Gandalf,

Blending is not enough, you need an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to help the liposomes encapsulate the vitamin C.

Blending is not the same as ultrasonic effect.

Ytain

Psyche said:
Vitamin C
3 level tablespoons of soy lecithin (45cc). Make sure it is GMO free and organic if possible.

Dissolve the lecithin in 1 cup (240cc) warm, NOT HOT, water, preferably distilled. You can use cold water but it dissolves much faster if slightly warmed. If the water is hot, it will clump rather than dissolve.

Pour both solutions together into a wide mouth mason jar or other container that can accommodate the stick blender.

Refrigerate and you're done. You will have to calculate the dose you are taking by the amount of Vitamin C in the product you use. For example, I bought a buffered powder that will give me 12 grams of Vitamin C in 14 oz of solution. When I make this I am going to add enough extra Vitamin C to make 1g/oz.

That sounds very easy! Liposomal vitamin C can be very pricey too, so this home version one is brilliant!

So it is the fat that makes the whole difference. Soy lecithin can be replaced with sunflower lecithin which is getting used more often as a replacement for the soy extract. This should be available in health stores.

Gandalf said:
Psyche said:
Vitamin C

I have done that recipe yesterday night and here a pic of the result this morning:

001.jpg

Oops. Big mistake on my part. I had several tabs open and pasted in the info from the WRONG one. You cannot make liposomal vitamin C or anything else without the ultrasound part of the process which "nano-izes" it somehow.

I've edited my original post with the instructions to include that most important part and corrected the link.

As it happens, we have an ultrasonic cleaner because Ark uses it for his hobby which is searching for buried stuff with a metal detector. He's found quite a few very old coins and that is about the only way to clean them without damaging them.

Laura said:
Gandalf said:
Psyche said:
Vitamin C

001.jpg

Oops. Big mistake on my part. I had several tabs open and pasted in the info from the WRONG one. You cannot make liposomal vitamin C or anything else without the ultrasound part of the process which "nano-izes" it somehow.

I've edited my original post with the instructions to include that most important part and corrected the link.

As it happens, we have an ultrasonic cleaner because Ark uses it for his hobby which is searching for buried stuff with a metal detector. He's found quite a few very old coins and that is about the only way to clean them without damaging them.

Thank you Laura. It was fun experimenting. ;)

I will buy an ultrasonic cleaner to be able to do it the right way.

LQB said:
This may be more hype than anything else but it does make you want to check carefully your source for lecithin and the source materials they use.

It is probably a mix of hype and truth. But I notice that this person didn't go into details about processing so we would really need to know something about that.

On Wikipedia:

Genetic Modification

As described above, lecithin is highly processed. Therefore, GM protein or DNA from the original GM crop from which it is derived is often undetectable - in other words, it is not substantially different from lecithin derived from non-GM crops.[17] Nonetheless, consumer concerns about genetically modified food have extended to highly purified derivatives from GM food, like lecithin.[18] This concern led to policy and regulatory changes in Europe in 2000, when Regulation (EC) 50/2000 was passed[19] which required labelling of food containing additives derived from GMOs, including lecithin. Because it is nearly impossible to detect the origin of derivatives like lecithin, the European regulations require those who wish to sell lecithin in Europe to use a meticulous system of Identity preservation (IP). [17][20]

^ a b Gertruida M Marx, Dissertation submitted in fulfilment of requirements for the degree Doctor of Philosophy in the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Free State, South Africa. December 2010. MONITORING OF GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOOD PRODUCTS IN SOUTH AFRICA
http://etd.uovs.ac.za/ETD-db/theses/available/etd-10042011-094627/unrestricted/MarxGM.pdf

^ Staff, FoodNavigator.com, July 1 2005. Danisco emulsifier to subsitute non-GM soy lecithin as demand outstrips supply
http://www.foodnavigator.com/Science-Nutrition/Danisco-emulsifier-to-subsitute-non-GM-soy-lecithin-as-demand-outstrips-supply

^ Regulation (EC) 50/2000
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/smartapi/cgi/sga_doc?smartapi!celexapi!prod!CELEXnumdoc&lg=EN&numdoc=32000R0050&model=guichett

^ John Davison, Yves Bertheau (2007) EU regulations on the traceability and detection of GMOs: difficulties in interpretation, implementation and compliance CAB Reviews: Perspectives in Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Nutrition and Natural Resources 2(77)
http://www.researchgate.net/publication/228628711_EU_regulations_on_the_traceability_and_detection_of_GMOs_difficulties_in_interpretation_implementation_and_compliance

I think I'm going to just go with what I can find on amazon and see how it shakes out.

This is the one I'm looking at: http://www.amazon.com/Absorbot-Liposomal-Vitamin-C/dp/B007DZLZVS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3CXFVCVNK07SQ&coliid=I2NAROTOPUEGGK

Laura, was this close to what you found?

Got news about ten minutes ago that my Mom's colitis has gotten bad again. She ate a pot pie at Bob Evans and relapsed.

She knows she can't eat wheat and expect to get better, but she's stubborn that way. :( (She's eating cream of wheat every day, and insists it makes her feel better. Not much I can do for her.)

Gives me the shivers....that is a lot of pain. Part of me wants to send her a bottle of this, but as inflamed as she is, it wouldn't do anything.

Gimpy said:
I think I'm going to just go with what I can find on amazon and see how it shakes out.

This is the one I'm looking at: http://www.amazon.com/Absorbot-Liposomal-Vitamin-C/dp/B007DZLZVS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3CXFVCVNK07SQ&coliid=I2NAROTOPUEGGK

Yes. This was one I was looking at also. http://www.amazon.com/Lypo-Spheric-Vitamin-Box-30-packets/dp/B000CD9XGC/ref=pd_bxgy_hpc_text_z Got one of each to try.

Gimpy said:
Got news about ten minutes ago that my Mom's colitis has gotten bad again. She ate a pot pie at Bob Evans and relapsed.

She knows she can't eat wheat and expect to get better, but she's stubborn that way. :( (She's eating cream of wheat every day, and insists it makes her feel better. Not much I can do for her.)

Gives me the shivers....that is a lot of pain. Part of me wants to send her a bottle of this, but as inflamed as she is, it wouldn't do anything.

I think that people who keep doing things like that to themselves just don't have very good memories, OR, they love their suffering, in which case, I abstain from supporting them.

I just wanted to ask if I am wrong about what I have read from this thread. It is/was my understanding that the uric acids from meat do the same functions as vit. C. We still do supplement with vit C. only becuase I have not fully understood if KD/uric acid is all that is needed. We take vit. pills but I ordered some ascorbic acid 1lb from amazon to try and experiment with high vit C mayo. Might work/might not.

It sounds to me that using any kind of fat from animal or egg yolk would work also for making the liposomal form, instead of using soy, sunflower, or other veggies. The lecithins are not in pure form only but still would be absorbed through the procces?

Our power poofed...gotta love country living! (and I do)

I'll go ahead and get these then. Hubby noted that the diet is working great, but it may not be enough on its own, when I started having recurring liver trouble.

Re: My Mom....yeah. :( :cry:

Laura said:
Gimpy said:

Yes. This was one I was looking at also. http://www.amazon.com/Lypo-Spheric-Vitamin-Box-30-packets/dp/B000CD9XGC/ref=pd_bxgy_hpc_text_z Got one of each to try.

Gimpy said:

I think that people who keep doing things like that to themselves just don't have very good memories, OR, they love their suffering, in which case, I abstain from supporting them.

Horseofadifferentcolor said:
I just wanted to ask if I am wrong about what I have read from this thread. It is/was my understanding that the uric acids from meat do the same functions as vit. C. We still do supplement with vit C. only becuase I have not fully understood if KD/uric acid is all that is needed. We take vit. pills but I ordered some ascorbic acid 1lb from amazon to try and experiment with high vit C mayo. Might work/might not.

It sounds to me that using any kind of fat from animal or egg yolk would work also for making the liposomal form, instead of using soy, sunflower, or other veggies. The lecithins are not in pure form only but still would be absorbed through the procces?

The peeps that need to supplement are those with "conditions". If you aren't suffering, don't worry about it, but save the info for in case you are sick or someone in your family is.

Gimpy said:
Our power poofed...gotta love country living! (and I do)

I'll go ahead and get these then. Hubby noted that the diet is working great, but it may not be enough on its own, when I started having recurring liver trouble.

I agree. Reading through the list of things that the high dose Vitamin C can correct is promising. But the idea of doing it intravenous was daunting. Then, you can't get enough in your system to do the trick orally without hitting the threshold and your bowels going all crazy. So this seems pretty useful to know about and to try for some folks that have conditions.

I'm happy that Hubby is noting improvement. It takes time and it does need to be adhered to pretty strictly for quite awhile, maybe forever. But I can sure tell you that I am one happy person to be out of the endless, dragging, draining, debilitating pain that crippled me for years. I'm almost 61 now, and when I go down the stairs, I feel like I'm in my 30s these days. It's amazing. Not having my legs feel like they are filled with lead is a revelation. It's worth it.

For those of you in Canada who are looking to get already-made liposomal vit C, you can get it from here:

http://nanovitaminc.ca/products.htm

Laura said:
Horseofadifferentcolor said:

The peeps that need to supplement are those with "conditions". If you aren't suffering, don't worry about it, but save the info for in case you are sick or someone in your family is.

Ok, thanks. I thought this was the case but wanted to make sure. When I saw I could get a whole pound of this stuff for 20 bucks, I thought it be a good idea to have it around.
Every health issue I had has gone away or greatly improved with KD. Thanks soooo much for everyone who puts time into all this info. Priceless!
Everytime someone new hears about this diet from me, the two first things they ask about is scurvy and gout, so I guess thats why I have still been taking the vit. c tabs. aargh darn programing in me. It never seems to fail how much I read and think I know, how someone can come along and put doubt into my mind.

Back
Top Bottom