Do some French people see what's going on? Yellow Vest Protests

The latest of the Giletsjaunes, (Acte52).

1 year of #Giletsjaunes is also 1 year of coverage of the excellent director Julien Snape, who had the good idea to make a montage. An extraordinary film for an extraordinary movement! https://youtu.be/-FUiCfQwDcM#1andecolere#16novembre#17novembre#5decembre

[FLASH] - Government #Macron has closed several observatories in 2 ½ years: • The Observatory of Poverty • The Observatory of Delinquency • The mission against the sects • The National Council for the Protection of Childhood.

Edit add:

If only... and if his potential successor is not the same, or worst...

As for now, maybe we can bet that policemen are the ones who have a chance to see some of their claims fulfilled before that date, or at least to have some promises, promises...

Wait and see.

I tried to find out more information on the case below about a Jewish woman being murdered. I looked up one of the links and found the issue will only be settled in December. Still that is has come this far is remarkable.
Sarah Halimi, well known Jewish woman in the Paris Orthodox community, was brutally beaten and thrown to her death from her third-floor apartment by a ‘’radicalized’’ Muslim neighbor in April 2017.
TGP contributor Sebastian Wolfe reported on this story at the time.

It was the crime that should have shocked France – a quiet Jewish woman mercilessly beaten by young Muslim neighbor, Kobili Traoré, in the middle of the night before being thrown to her death from her Paris apartment. All this to recitations of the Koran and cries of ‘’Allahu Akbar’’ while police waited outside for the arrival of an anti-terrorist unit.​
Yet few outside of the Jewish community heard of the crime last year, with essential elements being omitted from mainstream press reports of the horrific attack. Six weeks after the violent death of 66-year-old Sarah Halimi, her family spoke out.​
Holding a press conference in May 2017, lawyers speaking on their behalf stated their belief that the crime was anti-Semitic in nature and condemned the ‘’silence of the media’’ in the aftermath of the crime.​

Nearly a year later French authorities finally admitted the brutal death of Sarah Halimi was an anti-Semitic murder.

In July a French judge ruled the Muslim killer Kobili Traoré was not responsible for his crime because he was high on pot at the time.

The Independent reported:

A Muslim man who killed a Jewish woman in an antisemitic attack was probably not criminally responsible because he was high on cannabis, a French judge has ruled.
Kobili Traore has been accused of murdering 65-year-old Sarah Halimi in her flat in Paris on 3 April, 2017.
Traore allegedly recited verses from the Quran as he beat Ms Halimi, before throwing her from a third-floor window.
And now this…

French prosecutors this week dropped charges against the killer Kobili Traoré because he was high on pot.
The JC World reported:

Witnesses said the 65-year-old was beaten and called a “demon” by her attacker, who recited Koranic verses as he threw her off her balcony.​
In an appeals court hearing on Wednesday Traoré admitted killing Ms Halimi, saying he was not aware of his actions on the night of the murder and did not recognise when he broke in.​
“I felt persecuted. When I saw the Torah and a chandelier in her home I felt oppressed. I saw her face transforming,” he said.​
I looked up the last article from JC World and found the continuation which ends: "The court will rule on December 19 on whether Traoré should face trial."

But in a rare turn of events, French prosecutors were divided on how to proceed.

Local prosecutors in Paris initially argued that Kobili Traoré should be put on trial for his actions. But they were opposed by the more senior procureur général, which argued Traoré should be hospitalised.

The different opinions come after separate panels of psychiatrists concluded Mr Traoré had suffered a psychotic episode after a massive use of cannabis, but disagreed over whether he was partially aware of his actions.

During an earlier hearing, Halimi family lawyer Gilles-William Goldnadel asked Traoré: “Do you think you should be tried? And get a sentence for what you have done?”

Traoré answered “yes”, but his lawyer Thomas Bidnic responded: “Since when does the accused decide if he should be tried?”

Witnesses told Wednesday’s hearing that shortly before Ms Halimi was thrown from the balcony Traoré shouted “a woman is trying to kill herself”.

Her family’s lawyers said it proved Traoré was already planning his defence.

Mr Bidnic said there were “no good solutions in the case”, adding: “This is Sarah Halimi’s tragedy, her family’s tragedy and this boy’s tragedy, although I’m not comparing the two. Sending him to hospital is not ideal nor sending him to prison.”

He said Traoré, who remains in a psychiatric hospital but is receiving limited amounts of medication, is “still a threat”.

Francis Szpiner, another Halimi family lawyer, said the case was setting a historic precedent: “You’re saying that people can walk free after carrying out criminal action just because they were allegedly not aware of the effects of drugs or other substances?

“Will this also apply to drunk drivers who kill children on the road?”

The court will rule on December 19 on whether Traoré should face trial.

Protests continue as France's Prime Minister Edouard Philippe said on Thursday, the government remained fully committed to end special pension regimes after a meeting with unions over pension reform plans.

French power grid operator RTE said on Thursday that an illegal act of sabotage that was likely to be linked to the protests over pensions reform had resulted in a new electricity cut affecting 12,000 households in Beauvais, near Paris.

Oil sector workers of France's CGT union could decide on Friday whether to halt production at oil refineries in France in order to scale up their protest at the government's planned overhaul of pensions, two union sources said.

French government remains committed to end special pension regimes: PM

French PM, unions fail to break pension strike deadlock as Christmas looms

French CGT union to decide on refinery shutdowns on Friday: sources

Pension protests cause new power cuts at French households: RTE

French labour union members and workers on strike attend a demonstration in Paris as France faces its 15th day of consecutive strikes against French government's pensions reform plans, December 19, 2019.  REUTERS/Charles Platiau

French unions refuse Christmas truce in pensions protests
French SNCF railway workers on strike attend a demonstration in Paris as France faces its 13th day of consecutive strikes against French government's pensions reform plans, December 17, 2019.  REUTERS/Jean-Michel Belot

French police fire tear gas at protesters in city of Nantes: TV

French power grid operator RTE said on Thursday that an illegal act of sabotage that was likely to be linked to the protests over pensions reform had resulted in a new electricity cut affecting 12,000 households in Beauvais, near Paris.

Information war ? I read in the local newspaper that indeed some strikers cut electricity willingly, but they said it was very targeted and concerned only some companies or governemental buildings, and absolutely not households. So, who is right ? An alibi to divide again the population or these workers doesn't know what they do in their daily job ? Humm ?

Information war ? I read in the local newspaper that indeed some strikers cut electricity willingly, but they said it was very targeted and concerned only some companies or governemental buildings, and absolutely not households. So, who is right ? An alibi to divide again the population or these workers doesn't know what they do in their daily job ? Humm ?

No trade union has claimed responsibility for this act. One would think they would not be so stupid as to turn the population against them and the strikers by cutting off power in people's households.
But then, some trade unionists are mad dogs and don't care about pissing people off… just look at the SNCF strike, and the fact that they refuse to make a truce for Christmas, leaving 1000's of people (including children) stranded and unable to visit their families for the holidays, or to go to work. Of course, one has to wonder why the government expressly chose to make its announcement about the new pension reform right before the holidays. :rolleyes:

No trade union has claimed responsibility for this act. One would think they would not be so stupid as to turn the population against them and the strikers by cutting off power in people's households.

No trade union but some strikers did. But again, with saying that absolutely no households were concerned, only official structures. (At least, that was what the local newspaper quoted)

A follow-up to this case:

I tried to find out more information on the case below about a Jewish woman being murdered. I looked up one of the links and found the issue will only be settled in December. Still that is has come this far is remarkable.
The court date was yesterday and the result is that the murderer will walk free:
Jewish kindergarten teacher’s killer to be released ‘within weeks’ after court confirms he cannot face trial
A Paris appeals court confirmed Kobili Traoré, who admits the killing, was not responsible for his actions

• A man who threw Jewish kindergarten teacher Sarah Halimi off her third-floor balcony after smoking cannabis will walk free within weeks after a court ruled he was not responsible for his actions.
    Kobili Traoré, 29, who has admitted breaking into the 64-year-old’s home and killing her in April 2017, will not face criminal charges, the Paris appeals chamber ruled on Thursday.
    Lawyers representing Ms Halimi’s family said it was a “scandalous decision” and confirmed they were preparing to appeal to France's Supreme Court.
    Witnesses said Traoré beat Ms Halimi while shouting “Allahu Akbar” and reciting Koranic verses. He then threw her off of her third-floor balcony and shouted “I have killed the sheitan” — Satan in Arabic.
    Experts assessing his psychiatric condition agreed he had suffered a psychotic episode but were divided over whether he was still responsible for his actions.
    “I am angered and ashamed of our justice system,” said Francis Szpiner, a lawyer representing Ms Halimi’s children.
    “It’s a scandalous decision. They have just created a Sarah Halimi jurisprudence. Starting today, anyone who has taken illegal substances will be able to walk free, exonerated from any criminal responsibility.
    “Tonight Mr Traoré is a free man as far as justice goes. He’s mentally sane and will soon be released from hospital”
    Mr Szpiner added: “Sarah Halimi’s family will try to take the case to the Supreme Court but it may not be able to do so.”
    Muriel Ouaknine Melki, a lawyer representing Ms Halimi’s brother, said she was “extremely worried about the implications of this decision. I’m worried about the future of Jews living in France.”
    The Union of Jewish Students of France tweeted that the decision marked “the advent of the reign of impunity in the face of deadly antisemitism” in the country.
Considering how powerful the Jewish lobby is in France, one wonders if this verdict is not perhaps part of this campaign by the lobby to say how antisemitism is on the rise and how Jews are threatened everywhere. Reminds of another story on Sott about the concerted desecration of Jewish graveyards in Alsace over a 2 year period and how nobody has been arrested but it has been blamed on rightwing groups and rising antisemitism.
The overall message perhaps being that Jews can never trust the goys, that Jews should remember to support and trust Israel (and their genocide of the Palestinians) and even to move to Israel to avoid the fate of the Holocaust which is being used again and again for political reasons. A psychological wound/trauma that is being used over and over, without actually never being allowed to heal.

No doubt Rodolphe should think about what will be the retirement of his little daughter, who may have to work until the age of 70 with a pension fund that will have gone bankrupt?
No doubt he should think about the fact that the media plays on emotions, which allows them to hide the real problems...
Perhaps he should take the time to look for other solutions to see his little girl...
But no, Rodolphe prefers to whine on the radio...

While others are adapting to the strikes while calling on the media to express themselves.

And others remind us that most social advances have been hard won.

I know, it's all a bit simplistic, but in spite of everything, I still ask myself: Should we continue to fight against inequalities when the world is clearly heading for its downfall, or should we remain a spectator and passively wait for the end without doing anything?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

It looks like it's the Union's behind the power cuts and using the Protesters, as a back drop? I don't know about France but in the Unites States "Union's" tend to be very powerful and don't hesitate to protect "their interests". I always tried to get a job that the employees were backed by a Union. Starting wages were always better and as you went up the pay scale, the benefits were decent. Unfortunately,
the majority of Union bosses tend to be involved in various "organized crime schemes" and weld a lot of political power. Italy has had a major problem with Union Boss's and their associates and recently did a major shake-up.

The headline in this article is misleading ... instead of "French strikers" it should read "Unions" are angry about pension reform ....

French strikers angry about pension reform cut power to homes, companies
French Health and Solidarity Minister Agnes Buzyn and French High Commissioner for Pension Reform Laurent Pietraszewski leave the Elysee Palace following the weekly cabinet meeting in Paris, France, December 18, 2019. REUTERS/Benoit Tessier

December 18, 2019 - France’s trade unions on Wednesday defended their decision to cut power to thousands of homes, companies and even the Bank of France to force the government to drop a wide-ranging pension reform.

The power cuts, illegal under French law,
deepened a sense of chaos in the second week of nationwide strikes that have crippled transport, shut schools and brought more than half a million people onto the street against President Emmanuel Macron’s reform.

Asked on French radio whether the power cuts weren’t a step too far, Philippe Martinez, the head of the hardline CGT union, said the cuts were necessary to force Macron to back down.

[...] “Cutting power to blue-chip companies, prefectures, shopping malls, that’s already rather questionable,” Elisabeth Borne said. “But clinics, metro stations, fire brigades and thousands of French people also saw power cuts. This is far from normal ways of striking.”

Power cuts are an old union tactic that started at the turn of the previous century and were used after World War Two but dropped later on because of fears of a public backlash, said Stephane Sirot, a historian at Cergy-Pontoise university.

“In the 90s, it was mostly set aside because some union members were worried it could turn public opinion against them,” Sirot told Reuters. “So they adopted other methods, like cuts targeting the homes of the elite.”

[...] Macron wants to turn the myriad of French pension systems into a single points-based one. That would force staff at state-owned firms such as railway SNCF or utility EDF, who enjoy more generous pension plans than private-sector workers, to work longer.

French RTE says strikers cut power to tens of thousands of homes
France's electric grid operator RTE said on Tuesday that some of its employees had deliberately cut power to tens of thousands of homes around France as part of nationwide protests over President Emmanuel Macron's plan to reform pensions.

French government remains committed to end special pension regimes: PM
France's Prime Minister Edouard Philippe said on Thursday the government remained fully committed to end special pension regimes after a meeting with unions over pension reform plans.

In blow to Macron, France pensions reform tsar resigns
FILE PHOTO: French High Commissioner for Pension Reform Jean-Paul Delevoye is pictured as France faces a second day of strike protests against the government's pension reform plans, in Paris, France December 6, 2019. REUTERS/Benoit Tessier
France's minister for pension reform resigned
on Monday over a potential conflict of interest, dealing a blow to President Emmanuel Macron as trade unions staged a 12th day of strikes and prepared for more street protests against the planned changes.

More than 300 people arrested in huge Italian mob swoop
Police have arrested 334 people in one of the largest anti-mob operations ever seen in Italy, highlighting the growing reach of the 'Ndrangheta mafia, prosecutors said on Thursday.

And others remind us that most social advances have been hard won.

I know, it's all a bit simplistic, but in spite of everything, I still ask myself: Should we continue to fight against inequalities when the world is clearly heading for its downfall, or should we remain a spectator and passively wait for the end without doing anything?

@isparnid ,

I suppose we could do both by observing and whatever is within our capability to improve to create a better world.

Q: So, I guess that means I will figure it out from clues yet to be found. Now, I want to go back to what you said about Whitley Strieber and Art Bell getting their information from "non-human" sources about world conquest and domination. Are Art and Whitley consciously aware of their connection to this source of information?

A: Amalgamation, we did not say "conquest."

Q: But, on previous occasions you have discussed the alien plan to manipulate humanity via time travel, creating an infrastructure for taking over the world. Are you saying that it will be done in such a way that there is no "outward" sign that it has happened?

A: Close.

Q: So, in other words, the world is being taken over gradually, right now, as we sit here and speak, and most people aren't even aware of it?

A: Sort of....

Q: Are people, at any point, going to become aware of it? Are they going to wake up... or is it just the way of nature?

A: Natural processes.

Q: So, aliens are never going to appear in the sky; there is never going to be a battle as you have previously stated; there is never going to be...

A: WHOA!

Q: Well, that's kind of what you are saying!

A: No. You are impatient for a quick, packaged definition.

Q: What I am trying to get at is; you are saying it is a natural process; you are saying we are being taken over; it is not a conquest; though you did not say that it was not domination, of course - clearly domination is part of it, is that correct?

A: One could call it evolution.

Q: Well, still those things make one tend to think of natural processes that do not involve a war in the sky, spaceships shooting lasers...

A: Who says such rules apply?

Q: I'm just saying that it how you are making it sound; that it is just a strictly natural process. We are talking about 4th density beings... I guess they could...

A: Natural processes are not restricted by your preconceived boundaries.

There is also some perversity in the system. For example, some years ago, bus drivers in my town decided to go on strike in a different way. That is, they were driving the buses but freely, no sales of tickets and the ticket punching machines were blocked. For a time, people were not bothered, isn't it ? But guess what ? They were condemned for something like misappropriation of social goods (? "détournement de biens sociaux") which is illegal. There are others instance where strikers try to act differently to hit where it hurts and not bother the population. But it's always considered illegal ! :headbash:

Back
Top Bottom