Dr. Jack Kruse - Neurosurgeon

Dr. Kruse just posted this on fb -

Dr. Jack Kruse
Appears my account on FB has been hacked. I have notified FB and sent activity page to them for May 9th-11th. I was just made aware of this!

fwiw

Laura said:
Hildegarda said:
fwiw, I had my suspicions since he told that story about going to a high-end department store to buy a multi-thousand dollar jacket in a small size, and then coming back a year later to triumphantly put it on. It just had the over-the-top flashy display flavor that is linked to either megalomania or lying, or both.

Yup. I had the same impression. But, as usual, we give people the benefit of the doubt. Now I wonder if he's not just set up to give the whole thing a bad name? Kind of like David Icke vis a vis hyperdimensional realities?

I also got the feeling that he's running some "I'm the savior of the world program" but his theories on the workings of cold do seem to pan out from the reading I've done -- and been able to understand. Don't know what to think of this so-called facebook hack.

Is the Facebook hack technically plausible? Is this something that has happened to others?

There is definitely a "savior of the world" quality about Kruse. But that in and of itself doesn't necessarily mean anything. When the "Low Carb Cruise" incident happened, I was also trying to keep all possibilities open. I actually told my brother about it and said there's always a chance that he is set up to cause splintering / factionalization / in-fighting, etc. in the Paleo / Primal community. The reason I thought that is because he kind of came out of nowhere. Shortly after his podcast interview on Jimmy Moore's Living La Vida Low Carb show, he launched his website and blog. And in less than a year, he's picked up a huge following.

Now, we know how important diet and health are -- and the PTB know how to use breaking down health so as to be easier to control the "herds." This has been know since at least Pavlov, probably earlier. So the whole Paleo / Primal / Ancestral movements would be infiltrated as early as possible like everything else. I'm not saying this is what Kruse is / has been placed for. But there IS the fact that he came out of nowhere and made a big splash in a very short time, combined with his personal stories that are kind of hard to follow (whether they are embellished or not).

So a type of COINTELPRO operation would be expected to handle the threats of real information about good health spreading too much. Whether Kruse is a type of (conscious or unconscious) agent of it or a victim of it, we'll have to see.

I've been following a few different threads on this whole controversy, and I have to say, Kruse does not come out looking good.

There's this thread on Paleohacks regarding the Cruise Incident. _http://paleohacks.com/questions/118128/meta-whats-the-deal-with-paleohacks-dr-kruse-and-the-fbi/118457#118457 It seems that Kruse has used this "opportunity" to really brow-beat and threaten his "enemies" (apparently anyone who disagrees with him) with FBI investigation. Pretty low.

There's also a thread on the IPMG FB group about this fake picture controversy, but you have to be a member of the group to see it. There's also this post by Richard Nikoley from Free the Animal (mind the colourful language) _http://freetheanimal.com/2012/05/dr-jack-kruse-neurosurgeon-is-a-big--flicking-g-liar.html [note, the language filters are picking up the f-word in this url. you need to replace 'flicking' with the expletive to get it to work]

A poster on that IPMG thread has done some digging and found that Dr. Kruse used to post on NFL and Disney World forums under the name "bongo59". Here's a bit of evidence to show it likely is him (note the email address). _http://abstracts.neurosurgeon.org/view.php?id=1638

Here's a cut and paste of the FB post:
[quote author=FB poster Jerry Lebowski]
Jerry Lebowski - A friend forwarded me this, a post she wrote for FTA [Free the Animal] (which may be stuck in Richard's spam folder because of all the links). I think it's an interesting look at Jack's character . . .
"Funny you should mention that, Woodey. Jack was, in fact, part of another online community years ago. A few weeks ago a little birdy emailed me a link to a forum post on _http://www.titansreport.com/ (strangely, it disappeared in the wake of Kruse-gate, but I managed to get a screen shot of the cached version . . . _http://i.imgur.com/vqi0F.png, but not of the 100+ responses).

It turns out that Jack used to frequently post on football forums as “Bongo59″ (he was also a big poster on Disney timeshare forums, but that’s another story). The really amazing part (to me, anyway) is that he seemed to serve exactly the same function on those football forums as he does in the paleosphere. Some people hung on his every word. Others thought he was a total fraud. He portrayed himself as a football insider with top-secret knowledge of upcoming trades, derived from being a medical consultant for NFL teams and knowing insider information about player health. He was often inaccurate and would become defensive and insulting when people called him out. He’s definitely the same Jack that we’re used to–tons of hyperbole, ellipses, misspellings, and narcissism. Here are some the best quotes I’ve found . . .

Bong59 warning another forum member of the dangers of MRSA (_http://bit.ly/JhLSx6):

Other forum member: “I felt obligated to visit my mom when she contracted MRSA, but I have to tell you I felt very uneasy being there.”
Bongo59: “you need to wear masks and gowns then……………but the best thing is to stay away………….use a cell phone…………..and i hate to tell you this…………once you get it…………you usually become a carrier…………so if you touch or kiss your momma you may get colonized…………..not kidding.”
Bongo59: “get tested with a nasal swab especially before any surgery………………
Bongo59: “if the nurses and docs did not use precautions then you went to a bad facility…………..that is terrible infection control and likely why I would never ever go back there.”

Bongo59 insulting people:

“Dr. Z has 6 ****in brain cell 5 of which are infected with a spirochete and one that is shortcircuited…..he should just go to bourbon street in a -jezebel- house and get ass raped by the dominator on decatur house!!!!!!that is how i feel about the asswipe” (_http://bit.ly/JLps3o)

“remember getting into Med School with all the Ivy leaguer elitists…………and they frowned down on anyone from a lesser school……………..funny thing is by yr two of med school when i was the top ranked student they all sure changed their tune and fast” (_http://bit.ly/JfYRyw)

“Now you cant even comprehend your own post or maybe you can not construct a written thought and tranlate it via a lexicon…………….youre a marroon on this one……………Givens may bust or may not…………no one knows because he has not had the ability to play at all due to injury…………..but you have Givens all figured out…………………………..unfreakingbelie vable”
(_http://bit.ly/J0pyDi)"[/quote]

Apparently googling "bongo59" brings up some more doozies...

So it seems Dr. Kruse has a M.O. of being on forums and acting like an authority and getting people to hang on his every word, whether it be about NFL football drafts, Disney World timeshares (:huh:) or Cold Thermogenesis. Seems he's a rather polarizing figure wherever he goes.

The fact is, Dr. Kruse has never rubbed me right. With his long, incomprehensible blog posts, written in a completely disorganized style unworthy of a neurosurgeon, to his over-the-top showmanship and drama (surgery with no anaesthetic?! injecting himself with MRSA?!), and stringing everyone along with his promises of a big "Factor X" reveal, I always had the vague notion that he's playing a con. I stated earlier in this thread that the fact that he has such a cult-like following left me a little uneasy. At this point I'm thinking the guy might just be a huge narcissistic liar.

No one seems to be buying the "I've been hacked" excuse either. He's posted his FB logs (_https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3595966576591&set=a.3595966416587.52158312.1196274376&type=3) and people who seem to know more about this sort of thing than I do say there's nothing suspicious in them. Also, who would hack into someone's account and then post flattering pictures in a private FB group? It just doesn't make sense.

I'm trying to remain open, but it all looks really bad.

Also just found this posted on PaleoHacks, evidence of Dr. Kruse being disciplined for unprofessional conduct by the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) for giving false testimony in a deposition.
_http://www.aansneurosurgeon.org/210112/8/1210

Further evidence that the guy is a liar.

He's starting to sound more and more like the David Icke of alternative medicine. :rolleyes:

One of the things that always bothered me a little about him is the "preachy" flavor, or rather, the way he seems so sure about things that, in reality, have hardly been tested. Sure, a lot of it can make sense, but to claim that just because it showed to be helpful in a population of 10-20 people, it is a miracle cure, well... It's like he never takes into account people who might be totally different from each other genetically. Not everyone might benefit from cold adaptation, IMO. And, if he's not careful, he might get into big trouble one day.

Ailén said:
He's starting to sound more and more like the David Icke of alternative medicine. :rolleyes:

One of the things that always bothered me a little about him is the "preachy" flavor, or rather, the way he seems so sure about things that, in reality, have hardly been tested. Sure, a lot of it can make sense, but to claim that just because it showed to be helpful in a population of 10-20 people, it is a miracle cure, well... It's like he never takes into account people who might be totally different from each other genetically. Not everyone might benefit from cold adaptation, IMO. And, if he's not careful, he might get into big trouble one day.

Agreed. I've had a stink eye on him from the start, but I'm not in a good place to be critical of anyone at the moment. :-[ :rolleyes:

I've known a few neurologists who have the same tendencies towards being Prima Donnas....they are used to being fawned over for being 'smart'. I think in the case of this guy, the proof is in the work he's set forward...does it work or not? Did he lift his work from someone else, as pathologicals do? Is there another researcher doing this kind of thing?

Overall, from what the group has found at this point, I don't see a reason to quit experimenting with the cold therapy, if that is a concern for other folks from what's been discovered about Dr. Kruse.

Make sense?

Gimpy said:
Ailén said:

Agreed. I've had a stink eye on him from the start, but I'm not in a good place to be critical of anyone at the moment. :-[ :rolleyes:

I've known a few neurologists who have the same tendencies towards being Prima Donnas....they are used to being fawned over for being 'smart'. I think in the case of this guy, the proof is in the work he's set forward...does it work or not? Did he lift his work from someone else, as pathologicals do? Is there another researcher doing this kind of thing?

Overall, from what the group has found at this point, I don't see a reason to quit experimenting with the cold therapy, if that is a concern for other folks from what's been discovered about Dr. Kruse.

Make sense?

Well there's plenty of other sources / papers about full body cryogenic chamber therapy. Kruse's protocol is using cold water / ice water. The benefits of cold therapy can definitely continue to be explored, in my opinion, whatever turns out to be the case about Kruse's problems. I have no idea if he plagiarized others' work, but I haven't run into anything he's mentioned about cryocgenic chamber therapy (though I could have missed it since I haven't been reading his site in the last several weeks). So he may have read other studies / results and not mentioned them, I don't know.

Again, at this point, it's unclear what he's up to. With some more time and data, we'll have a clearer picture. But he certainly doesn't "own" cold therapy as an option. One more thing, I don't know if it's related to Kruse's writing style combined with my haphazard perusal of his site (and the way it's organized), but I've had a hard time following the narrative about how he got here today. I've couple of times felt that there seems to be some fabrication / omission about the time lines. FWIW.

SeekinTruth said:
But he certainly doesn't "own" cold therapy as an option.

Key concepts he has explained are found on cryotherapy papers written by Polish researchers among others. It is a science that he certainly doesn't own.

If he is a nutter and a narcissist, authoritarians might use that to their advantage to put off people from going paleo. Maybe that is why he got so much attention to begin with? He has given a TED talk and has a strong public presence. I was surprised that he got away with so much popularity and "producing" so much research while still being a neurosurgeon. It just sounds unlikely to me for practical reasons.

Psyche said:
SeekinTruth said:

Key concepts he has explained are found on cryotherapy papers written by Polish researchers among others. It is a science that he certainly doesn't own.

If he is a nutter and a narcissist, authoritarians might use that to their advantage to put off people from going paleo. Maybe that is why he got so much attention to begin with? He has given a TED talk and has a strong public presence. I was surprised that he got away with so much popularity and "producing" so much research while still being a neurosurgeon. It just sounds unlikely to me for practical reasons.

That was the big red flag on my end....how can a practicing surgeon run around like he does? And all the attention he's gotten so far is cosmetic....just 'surface' stuff. That's as far as I can explain the 'gut hunch'. :flowers:

Yeah, there's that -- having a full time neurosurgery practice -- and the amount of material that accumulated on his site in such a short time somehow doesn't add up as he's the only one writing the material. He also answers almost all comments, goes on social networking sites, presents at conferences, does interviews, etc. How does he manage all this by himself? And one other thing that made me suspicious was that whole Homeland Security / FBI nonsense with the cruise.

Reminded me of the "911 Truth Movement" and others. When disinfo agents would get into situations of confrontation with law enforcement. Was THAT a setup to give him sympathy and credibility as people might have started digging into his background? We'll see eventually what develops, I guess.

Psyche said:
SeekinTruth said:

Yes, the benefits of cryotherapy definitely stand on their own, but he has managed to make it "his thing" within the paleo-sphere. These last two incidents may be enough to turn a lot of people off of even considering it (heck, just his presence in paleo circles has already turned a lot of people right off of trying anything he's talking about - it's that polarizing effect he seems to have).

In the Robb Wolfe post on PaleoHacks (first link in my second-last post) he talks about cold therapy working via hormesis. This is when something you do is a little bit bad for you and mobilizes your body's own defenses, which is what actually has the beneficial effect. A lot of the wonder antioxidants that many people are crazy about at the moment work in the same fashion - they're a little bit toxic and thus the body mobilizes its own antioxidant systems to take care of it, which is what produces benefits like anti-inflammation. It has nothing to do with the antioxidant power of the substance itself (which often only has an effect in the digestive process, until the substance is broken down). This doesn't mean it's bad. Hormesis is a perfectly valid means of therapy as some body systems may not mobilize on their own, requiring a "trigger", as it were.

BUT, this really draws into question the whole idea of "cold thermogenesis", "ancient pathways" and "cold adaptation". If cold therapy is working via hormesis, none of this stuff really applies. This ancient pathway stuff might just be theatrics dreamed up by Kruse.

It'll be interesting to see what his "Factor X" is all about, which he's apparently revealing this weekend (more theatrics). It could be quite telling of what his deal is.

I tried listening to an interview with this guy and I had to stop because he was so obnoxious, he seemed pathological to me. I was actually expecting some things like these to come out about him. :/

dugdeep said:
BUT, this really draws into question the whole idea of "cold thermogenesis", "ancient pathways" and "cold adaptation". If cold therapy is working via hormesis, none of this stuff really applies. This ancient pathway stuff might just be theatrics dreamed up by Kruse.

That could be dugdeep. There are some in the "alternative healing" community that swear by long, deep cold showers/baths without any reference to CT/ancient pathways/etc.

dugdeep said:
Psyche said:
SeekinTruth said:

Yes, the benefits of cryotherapy definitely stand on their own, but he has managed to make it "his thing" within the paleo-sphere. These last two incidents may be enough to turn a lot of people off of even considering it (heck, just his presence in paleo circles has already turned a lot of people right off of trying anything he's talking about - it's that polarizing effect he seems to have).

In the Robb Wolfe post on PaleoHacks (first link in my second-last post) he talks about cold therapy working via hormesis. ...

It'll be interesting to see what his "Factor X" is all about, which he's apparently revealing this weekend (more theatrics). It could be quite telling of what his deal is.
I recall that earlier he said that 'Factor X' would be revealed in his forthcoming e-book, so it looks like it may be a string-along, to keep interest, to build and maintain a following - before ...

I recall that he said that he got the original ideas from a book and some papers he was given by a 'government (military)' worker - to do with Navy 'SEAL' training which was based on cold water immersion, maybe this is true that he was 'given it' (the Truth/Lie in plain sight) - or that 'it'/'he' was planted as a 'cointelpro' operator to get a following, integrate into the paleo movement, and gradually subsume it's credibility by his outrageous (beyond belief) 'acts' - whether 'self-imposed' or supposedly 'planted on him'. Also, it looks to me that his blog is running a little out of steam with new information, he may have come to the end of his line/time, hence the bizarre acts. It's open at the moment until more objective information arises.

There is no doubt that cold immersion works from the research available, and we know that that the Primal/Paleo diet works from our own research and readings, without any of his 'ancient pathways, etc gloss. And so far,that's all he has given.

Back
Top Bottom