Ear ringing / tinnitus posts and threads.

Hi Lost Spirit

Do you mean tinnitus, as in fairly constant ear ringing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus or Just the ringing you get in your ears some time.

Lost Spirit said:
The fairly constant ear-ringing (from which I suffer).
Me too, almost constantly and interesting about your theory of tinnitus being earths way of getting our attention, my ringing (it's all different tones and hums and mostly in one ear) is louder and more attention grabbing when I'm thinking about something insightful or like a confirmation I'm on the right track. If I'm really out of tune like I am now the hum/buzz doesn't show up as often actually barely at all since I fell off there wagon when my cat died 2 days before Christmas.

Sorry about your cat, Fluffy. It's hard to lose the sweet ones at any time, but especially troubling near the holidays.
I too have tinnitus and wondered about the cause, beyond ear degeneration, which I had checked out and all OK. I have super-sensitive hearing so I wonder if I'm just hooking in to some frequency. There's scads of folklore on what ear ringing means depending on which ear (someone's saying nice things/bad things about you, someone you love is thinking of you, etc.) I like the earth communique hypothesis and I do notice the ringing before significant phone calls/emails.

Some of the tinnitus is actually in the mind/brain, that "high pitched hum" I can hear, and my hearing isn't damaged (passed tests for work with above average hearing especially high frequencies).

What makes me wonder is something that came up at the last group meetup I was in. A member had issues with tinnitis, and I recalled reading that sometimes it can also be from serotonin: http://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/theres-a-link-between-serotonin-and-tinnitus.275/ It means that some of tinnitus could be the brain process filling in the blanks of lost hearing... which lead to remind me of another thing I read about this hum in the mind, the "existential hum", and how opiates stopped it. The existential hum also includes thoughts, but in meditation without a thought, that inner brain "sound" is still there... so it may be the "base" of thought/feeling processing??

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/cows-collards-and-heroin/Content?oid=2611744
Kurt Vonnegut called this "the existential hum" and once wrote about a friend who described the seductive power of heroin: "For the first time in his life, he was not annoyed by the existential hum."

Perhaps not having this is like tuning out the world in some symbolic way too?

That quote reminds me of why grains and other gluten containing foods are so addictive and keep people numb to reality, especially where I am, in the USA. The grains act like opiates, just like heroin.

Thank you for your sympathies NevadaCat, I have a lot to work through because I was not the most tentative kitty mumma and have loads of guilt that I could have may be made his last days easier, he was only 4 :( he died peacefully in my hands via euthanasia.

There is a load of info/ideas about what the ringing in the ears signifies. I had a partial eardrum reconstruction when I was 16 and the tinnitus could be caused by that but it doesn't explain why I get it in the other ear too.

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=Right+ear

This is interesting. Most of my tones are right ear ones and the left ear ones are pretty infrequent and seem to get my attention more, that might be because they are less common and I'm not so used to it.

At times, I get a really deep submarine frequency pitch that I once thought correlated to earthquakes. I did checks on a website on global earthquakes and there were many hits, but then there were more recorded earthquakes happening in the last two years. It's not like the normal "weeee" noise but more like a pop into nothingness, then a deep submarine/foghorn "wooooooaaahhh"

The foghorn deep pitch is usually in my right ear. I'll start paying attention to what happens before or after it from now on and keep a log.

I like the Vonnegut quote.

Lost Spirit, I also suffer from tinnitus, probably due to age, although I have a military background, so I could blame it on damage by Naval guns.
In my trade I could always discern the high pitched whistle coming from TV sets due to the high voltage in them, and I used to be able to check the bearings in motors just by holding a screwdriver against it with the other end against my ear. You could always pick up a faulty one.
I can even pick up the high frequency pings from bats flying in the vicinity.
I really can't say that I have associated the tinnitus with earth movement, perhaps there are those who can. I know my bones ache when there's a storm/low pressure event happening.

If you check out a lava lamp when it is operating, you can see the bubbles 'ringing like a bell'.
They actually wobble, and I imagine the Earth does the same thing as it moves through space.
I have heard that the crust of the Earth moves significantly as the moon passes overhead.
I imagine that the crust of the Earth is much like the skin on the top of a cup of milky coffee.

If you follow earthquakes, you will note that there are often shocks in parts of the world, which are on the opposite sides of the globe, or at specific angles of reflection.
Such as Aceh in Indonesia, and coastal Peru.

Lost Spirit said:
The fairly constant ear-ringing (from which I suffer).

I suffer this also, but it was an accident from when i was a younger, well i say accident more like doing a stupid thing when i was young, hit a firework with a hammer :huh: it's barley noticeable now but i can hear it if i listen for it, so I'm not sure if there's is anything to it other than ear damage,

I do sometime get high piched ringing in my ear from time to time, and funnily when i was reading your OP I got a high pinched ringing sound in my right ear, I'm not sure what to make of it though.

I think it was mentioned in one of the relatively recent C sessions I just tried to do a quick search for it but couldn't find it , I'll have another look now and i'll post back if i find it.

Hi Lost Spirit

I couldn't find the link to the session maybe of someone remember's it they can post it but I found another post that references your first question, see link below.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,17108.0.html

Cheers Sean

Thanks for the link to that other thread.

I noticed a left ear ring about a half hour ago. Significant event: Was taking a quick walk, heard and saw two Fighter Jets fly over, the second one staggered behind the first by about 1 minute or so. Hawk flew right in front of me passing to the right. Sat on a tree very close as the second fighter jet flew overhead and made an incredibly large blast, like a sonic boom. Not sure if it was cutting fuel or stalling in order to turn? (I know zip about aeronautics) Also, we have very dense air with an Alberta Clipper storm system roiling in upper atmosphere so it could have been weather related acoustics (I know zip about weather related acoustics)

Tried to see if the jet changed direction, but it had flown over a hilltop. I could still hear them during the entire 30 minute walk in the distance. Then the ear ring started.

One interesting thing, the hawk and I stared at each other for a good ten seconds mentally asking each other, what in the world before he flew off.

NevadaCat said:
Thanks for the link to that other thread.

I noticed a left ear ring about a half hour ago. Significant event: Was taking a quick walk, heard and saw two Fighter Jets fly over, the second one staggered behind the first by about 1 minute or so. Hawk flew right in front of me passing to the right. Sat on a tree very close as the second fighter jet flew overhead and made an incredibly large blast, like a sonic boom. Not sure if it was cutting fuel or stalling in order to turn? (I know zip about aeronautics) Also, we have very dense air with an Alberta Clipper storm system roiling in upper atmosphere so it could have been weather related acoustics (I know zip about weather related acoustics)

Tried to see if the jet changed direction, but it had flown over a hilltop. I could still hear them during the entire 30 minute walk in the distance. Then the ear ring started.

One interesting thing, the hawk and I stared at each other for a good ten seconds mentally asking each other, what in the world before he flew off.

This is what Ra has to say about left ear ringing.

[To Ra] I was wondering; in a previous session you had mentioned the left and right ear tones, if the left and the right brain were somehow related to the polarities of service to self and service to others. Could you comment on this?
Ra: I am Ra. We may comment on this.

45.8 Questioner: Can you explain the right and left ear tone and what I call touch contact that I continually get?
Ra: I am Ra. [Doorbell in background.] This has been covered previously. Please ask for specific further details. [Truck engine turned off.]

44.4 Questioner: Can you tell me how I would hear a positively oriented signal?
Ra: I am Ra. Two types there are of positive signal. First, in the right ear location the signal indicates a sign that you are being given some unworded message saying, “Listen. Take heed.” The other positive sign is the tone above the head which is a balanced confirmation of a thought.

45.10 Questioner: Why is the left ear of the service-to-self contact and the right service-to-others?
Ra: I am Ra. The nature of your physical vehicle is that there is a magnetic field positive and negative in complex patterns about the shells of your vehicle. The left portion of the head region of most entities is, upon the time/space continuum level, of a negative polarity.

Lost Spirit said:
I admit this one's a bit "out there."

Tesla once stated that the Earth was constantly "ringing like a bell", and some theorize that this was the energy he was attempting to tap into.

More and more research is showing the importance of sound, how it can be used to manipulate objects etc. (Heck, they've experimentally shown that sound can travel faster than light now!!!)

What if tinnitus is the Earth's way of getting our attention? Trying to drag us kicking and screaming into a more "connected" way of thinking?

Might be. Datis Kharrazian has suggested that it can be a symptom of brain degeneration, and I think that he might be on to something.

Fluffy,
I was thinking of that link you shared when I started paying attention to left/right ear for the ringing phenomenon. Fighter jets making odd sonic boom noises are definitely STS, even though the people flying them might have been young folk enjoying a trillion dollar joy ride. The hawk is a symbol of Ra too.

The hawk interaction was really cool, he definitely wanted me to see that he too was perplexed. They generally like to get all lofty but he flew right in front of me and landed low and nearby so I'd look at him.

Hopefully, my brain is degenerating in a meaningful way. ;)

Fluffy said:
Thank you for your sympathies NevadaCat, I have a lot to work through because I was not the most tentative kitty mumma and have loads of guilt that I could have may be made his last days easier, he was only 4 :( he died peacefully in my hands via euthanasia.

There is a load of info/ideas about what the ringing in the ears signifies. I had a partial eardrum reconstruction when I was 16 and the tinnitus could be caused by that but it doesn't explain why I get it in the other ear too.

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=Right+ear

This is interesting. Most of my tones are right ear ones and the left ear ones are pretty infrequent and seem to get my attention more, that might be because they are less common and I'm not so used to it.

Try to change your diet Fluffy. If you can make this tinnitus go away, its usually in what you eat. Write down, what spices you use, what you *like to eat in greater amounts and do a progressive exclusion of one food at a time as an experiment for a couple of days or weeks if you can manage.

Possible ear damage you can check by plugging both of your ears with your thumbs - so it should be totally quiet e.g. you should hear nothing - in a quiet room at night and listen what frequency of hum you hear. If there is an audible hum/ring, that's the frequency of the sound that damaged your ears - one occasion of an accident can be enough, where your ears were affected by a piercing sound blast - and you have become deaf to that frequency.. to an extent.

It could be a food/spice/additive allergy. For example, I frequently developed debilitating coughing fits on buses, while traveling home from work, when it got too warm inside and maybe I had too much synthetic clothes on. I discovered that I used an excessive amount of turmeric (Curcuma longa) when cooking my soups and I loved those thick soups, so gobbled down a lot of it almost exclusively. The idea was, if turmeric is healthy, why not use a lot? It had that debilitating effect. Probably people on the bus thought on occasions that I must have a highly contagious sickness, while I was stumbling down the steps to crouch besides the fence in the bus stop, completely taken over by the coughing, always effected by an intense "poking" sensation in my throat.

Back
Top Bottom