Earthquakes around the world

Well, i'm not sure whether i'm misunderstanding things here, but Ditrianum's prediction posted on Twitter on July 30th said:
"Two planetary alignments on the 30th are likely to trigger larger seismic activity in the following days, possibly reaching higher 6 to 7 magnitude."
and what followed ~2 days later were 2 quakes on August 1st of M6 or above, as recorded on USGS:
198 km SE of Lorengau, Papua New Guinea
2020-08-01 21:22:07 (UTC+02:00)10.0 km

11 km SE of Litayan, Philippines
2020-08-01 19:09:01 (UTC+02:00)480.6 km
So that's 2 x M6+ quakes 2-3 days after the alignment.
Just seeing your post now and you could well say that I was splitting hairs. The reason for me saying 'no cigar', was that he had said high M6 to M7 and I qualified them both as being low M6. So far, I think he is worth keeping an eye on as his predictive model is interesting.

The week saw 2 M6, with the highest being a 6.4 in Vanuatu.
For the usual map area, there were 6 earthquakes out of 101 worldwide equal or greater to 4.5 and 2102 out of 2413 earthquakes of all sizes.
Percentage: 87.1%
Last week saw less activity worldwide in terms of numbers, with the biggest being a 6.0 in Tanzania, but that earthquake as well as the 5.4 in North Carolina were interesting as they don't occur very often in those places.
In the usual map area, there were 7 out of 84 earthquakes equal or greater to 4.5 and 2388 out of 2735 earthquakes worldwide of all sizes.
Percentage: 87.3%
Earthquakes 7 days to August 16th 2020.gif

5.7-magnitude quake hits Atka of U.S. Alaska: USGS
August 17, 2020
NEW YORK, Aug. 16 (Xinhua) -- An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.7 jolted 245 km ESE of Atka in the U.S. state of Alaska at 20:05:48 GMT on Sunday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The epicenter, with a depth of 10.0 km, was initially determined to be at 51.1005 degrees north latitude and 171.1262 degrees west longitude.

Published 43 mins ago
Baja California, Mexico was struck by a series of earthquakes early Monday that were felt throughout San Diego County, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.

The three quakes were all reported within a span of 20 minutes in the area near Maneadero, Baja California, about 75 miles south of the U.S.-Mexico Border.

The first temblor, a preliminary magnitude 4.4 quake, was reported at 8:09 a.m. and was the southernmost quake to hit the region. It was followed about 20 minutes later by three earthquakes in a matter of minutes -- two preliminary magnitude 5.1 quakes and a preliminary magnitude 4.5 quake.

There were no immediate reports of damage.

Some shaking was reportedly felt throughout San Diego County, including as far north as Oceanside, according to the USGS. At least one person reported to USGS they felt shaking in Los Angeles.
This is a developing story and will be updated.

Wasn't some guy predicting a big one on the 15th-17th???

I think you're referring to my earlier post?

Ditrianum is predicting the potential for an M7-M8 on the 15th or 16th of August. Now, i don't plan on logging all of his predictions, but since this one is a biggie and within a defined time period, i figure it's worthwhile to note here and we'll see what happens.
[...]

Since that was posted there's been no M7-8 to my knowledge. Recently i checked his Twitter account to see if there was any comment on what seems to be a miss (giving him a bit wiggle room for the timing) but he hasn't commented on it directly, nor has he, as of right now, made any further predictions.

He did note on the morning of the 15th that 'atmospheric electricity is still in a 5 millivolt band. Be on watch for possible large #seismic activity. http://ditrianum.org/atmosphere.htm'' (see tweet below), but i imagine that's changed since then.

Wasn't some guy predicting a big one on the 15th-17th???
I think you're referring to my earlier post?

Since that was posted there's been no M7-8 to my knowledge. Recently i checked his Twitter account to see if there was any comment on what seems to be a miss (giving him a bit wiggle room for the timing) but he hasn't commented on it directly, nor has he, as of right now, made any further predictions.

He did note on the morning of the 15th that 'atmospheric electricity is still in a 5 millivolt band. Be on watch for possible large #seismic activity. http://ditrianum.org/atmosphere.htm'' (see tweet below), but i imagine that's changed since then.

A powerful quake did hit very early on the 18th: UTC time: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 00:03 AM -

Two large quakes hit Indonesia within 10 minutes of each other; an M6.8, followed by an M6.9

USGS details:
126 km WSW of Bengkulu, Indonesia
2020-08-19 00:29:24 (UTC+02:00)26.0 km

139 km WSW of Bengkulu, Indonesia
2020-08-19 00:23:59 (UTC+02:00)22.0 km

Only two days ago on Wed. 19 Aug. twin shallow 6.8 & 6.9 magnitude earthquakes hit Indonesia within 10 minutes of each other.

As reported by Dr. Tony Philips recently in Space Weather Archive:

"During the next solar cycle, we could see cosmic ray dose rates increase by as much as 75%," says lead author Fatemeh Rahmanifard of the University of New Hampshire's Space Science Center.

Is there a connection between cosmic rays, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions?

Back
Top Bottom