EgyptAir flight MS804 disappears from radar between Paris and Cairo

Menrva said:
I found one article that mentions a fireball

Reports of fireball amid search for missing EgyptAir flight

Greek authorities said they found pieces of wreckage from the plane in Egyptian territorial waters, near the Greek islands of Crete and Karpathos respectively.

Speaking at a press conference in Paris, French President Francoise Holland said the plane went down at sea.
He added that he planned to co-operate closely with his Greek and Egyptian counterparts, saying that "no hypothesis is being ruled out and none is being favoured" on the cause of the crash.

The Greek defense minister, Panos Kammenos, said the plane swerved suddenly just after it entered Egyptian airspace and plunged into the Mediterranean.

EgyptAir tweeted that the Airbus A320-232 was at an altitude of 37,000 feet when contact was lost about 16km inside of Egyptian airspace while it was over the Mediterranean Sea about 450km from the coast.

It had departed Charles Du Gaulle airport in Paris, France at 23:09 GMT (11.09AM NZT) and it was expected to land in Cairo about 3:15am Cairo time.

The Egyptian Army is now denying receiving a distress call from a missing A320, telling Egyptian media that earlier EgyptAir reports were wrong.

Greek authorities are investigating claims that residents of a Greek island saw a ball of fire, or flame in the sky around the time the flight lost contact with radar.

Egyptian Prime Minister Sherif Ismail has arrived at the crisis centre at Cairo Airport, and is said to be issuing guidance to concerned authorities.

He said it was too early to say whether a technical problem or a terror attack caused the plane to crash. "We cannot rule anything out," he told reporters at Cairo airport.

The nationalities of the passengers on board the aircraft were revealed by the airline this evening, and are: 15 French, 30 Egyptian, one Briton, one Belgian, two Iraqis, one Kuwaiti, one Saudi, one Sudanese, one Chadian, one Portuguese and one Algerian.

Among those on board were a child and two infants, the airline said, and the 10 crew members included 3 security staff.

The aircraft was built in 2003 and the airline tweeted that it was worth mentioning that the aircraft's pilot had logged 6275 flight hours, including 2101 hours flying the same model of plane, while the co-pilot had logged 2766 hours.

"Egypt air is following the situation closely with the competent authorities through the integrated operations centre," it tweeted in Arabic.

Search and rescue teams, including Egyptian armed forces, are currently searching for the aircraft, and include teams from both Egypt and Greece.

A number of private vessels had also been enlisted to search for the aircraft in the Mediterranean Sea.
EgyptAir tweeted that was trying to arrange to fly passenger's families closer to the airport, and said it had been providing doctors, translators and all necessary services to the families.

The airline has set up a phone number for relatives of those on board looking for information - +202 259 89320 outside Egypt or from mobiles in Egypt, or 0800 7777 0000 from any landline within Egypt.

An EgyptAir plane was hijacked and diverted to Cyprus in March. A man who admitted to the hijacking and is described by Cypriot authorities as "psychologically unstable" is in custody in Cyprus.

The incident renewed security concerns months after a Russian passenger plane was blown out of the sky over the Sinai Peninsula.

The Russian plane crashed in Sinai on October 31, killing all 224 people on board.

Moscow said it was brought down by an explosive device, and a local branch of the extremist Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for planting it.

In 1999, EgyptAir Flight 1990 crashed into the Atlantic Ocean near the Massachusetts island of Nantucket, killing all 217 people aboard.

US investigators filed a final report that concluded its co-pilot switched off the autopilot and pointed the Boeing 767 downward, but Egyptian officials rejected the notion of suicide altogether, insisting some mechanical reason caused the crash.

EgyptAir flight MS804 Goes Missing At Same Time Of Mysterious Fireball (or Missile?)
_http://themillenniumreport.com/2016/05/egyptair-flight-ms804-goes-missing-at-same-time-of-mysterious-fireball-or-missile/
Screen-Shot-2016-05-19-at-7.39.12-AM.png

Were still going though the lingering effects of Halley comet debris field, plus NEO Earth Close Approaches (2016 GS2) -http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2016%20GS2;orb=1
(2016 GS2) 2016-May-18 0.0087 3.4 66 m - 150 m 23.0 8.01

Would also bet given the spiral decent that some part of the fuselage that was hit (perhaps) still allowed the crew to attempt a possible recovery. :whistle:

Menrva said:
A video, which is believed to show the crashing A320 aircraft, has appeared on the Internet in the afternoon of May 19.

[...]

Video of EgyptAir A320 crash appears

Seems like the video was debunked here, not sure, fwiw: _http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/debunked-missing-egyptair-flight-ms804-8005744

Several journalists and news outlets were even fooled into believing this was new footage of the missing EgyptAir Flight MS804 before it crashed.

But the Mirror Online can reveal it was a copy of footage shot of Russian space debris spotted over Palm Desert in Southern California and Nevada in the USA back in December.

Siberia said:
Menrva said:
A video, which is believed to show the crashing A320 aircraft, has appeared on the Internet in the afternoon of May 19.

[...]

Video of EgyptAir A320 crash appears

Seems like the video was debunked here, not sure, fwiw: _http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/debunked-missing-egyptair-flight-ms804-8005744

Several journalists and news outlets were even fooled into believing this was new footage of the missing EgyptAir Flight MS804 before it crashed.

But the Mirror Online can reveal it was a copy of footage shot of Russian space debris spotted over Palm Desert in Southern California and Nevada in the USA back in December.

Looks debunked to me too. It's hard to believe a real video would surface that quickly after the incident.

Current Live meteor echoes at LIVEMETEORS.com shows very active of late and now.
UTC: 17:07:35
http://www.livemeteors.com/
original.jpg

Published on May 17, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvxhhZuIcT4

https://youtu.be/q5VBKudthII

Egypt 'confirms finding the wreckage'

EgyptAir has said that Cairo’s foreign ministry has “confirmed finding the wreckage” in an English statement on Facebook.

"EgyptAir resource stated that the Egyptian Ministry of Civil Aviation has just received an official letter from the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs that confirms the finding of wreckage of the missing aircraft No. MS 804 near Karpathos Island.

EgyptAir sincerely conveys its deepest sorrow to the families and friends of the passengers onboard Flight MS804. Family members of passengers and crew have been already informed and we extend our deepest sympathies to those affected.

Meanwhile, the Egyptian Investigation Team in co-operation with the Greek counterpart are still searching for other remains of the missing plane."

In a series of tweets the airline said that investigators found floating materials likely to be wreckage, life jackets and plastic debris.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/may/19/egyptair-plane-cairo-paris-live-updates?page=with:block-573dc2dbe4b0451a6f4828fb#block-573dc2dbe4b0451a6f4828fb

Also.............................from the Sott team.
Meteor fireball explosion generates strong tremor in Pinamar, Argentina
sott.net
Strange Sounds
Thu, 19 May 2016 13:55 UTC
https://www.sott.net/article/318575-Meteor-fireball-explosion-generates-strong-tremor-in-Pinamar-Argentina
giant_fireball_causes_earthqua.jpg

Laura said:
Funny, just today I'm annotating the session from 1996 when the EgyptAir flight 800 was first mentioned.

Trans World Airlines Flight 800 (TWA 800), was a Boeing 747-100 which exploded and crashed into the Atlantic Ocean near East Moriches, New York, on July 17, 1996, at about 8:31 p.m. EDT, 12 minutes after takeoff from John F. Kennedy International Airport on a scheduled international passenger flight to Rome, with a stopover in Paris.[1]:1 All 230 people on board were killed in the third-deadliest aviation accident in U.S. territory. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWA_Flight_800

So, the last crash actually happened 19 years, 10 months, and 1 day ago? That would be 19101 or 11019 and the plane from yesterday took off at 11:09. Another funny thing is that I saw 9:11 on the clock after waking up the day before yesterday and had a weird feeling about it like I had right before another plane disappeared. Might not be related but straaaange enough.

Andromeda said:
Laura said:
Funny, just today I'm annotating the session from 1996 when the EgyptAir flight 800 was first mentioned.

Trans World Airlines Flight 800 (TWA 800), was a Boeing 747-100 which exploded and crashed into the Atlantic Ocean near East Moriches, New York, on July 17, 1996, at about 8:31 p.m. EDT, 12 minutes after takeoff from John F. Kennedy International Airport on a scheduled international passenger flight to Rome, with a stopover in Paris.[1]:1 All 230 people on board were killed in the third-deadliest aviation accident in U.S. territory. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWA_Flight_800

So, the last crash actually happened 19 years, 10 months, and 1 day ago? That would be 19101 or 11019 and the plane from yesterday took off at 11:09. Another funny thing is that I saw 9:11 on the clock after waking up the day before yesterday and had a weird feeling about it like I had right before another plane disappeared. Might not be related but straaaange enough.

Yeah. I knew something was coming and said so to AI a couple days ago; it was the way the news items were running ... like a build-up of some sort. And not sure that this event is the culmination either.

Andromeda said:

It might or not be related, but I've been catching that number a lot for the last week or so: 9:11, including the last 3 days or so. I had a dream last night with several black tornadoes, they were more like black smoke. I told people about it, that it meant something and everyone was like, no, that is nothing.

Andromeda said:
Could be just a coincidence but the night before I had a strange dream (of course, it's a dream) which involved an episode of taking a flight by plane, then during the day my boss informed me that he finally could fund a flight I wanted for a couple of months (but it's too late now). My first flash thought when he said that was about plane crashes and I basically declined. A strange feeling accompanied me the whole evening until the first post on the EgyptAir flight was posted in the forum while I was reading about ancient Egyptian, Greek and Anatolian history in parallel. Strange coincidence.

Anam Cara said:
Egypt 'confirms finding the wreckage'

"EgyptAir resource stated that the Egyptian Ministry of Civil Aviation has just received an official letter from the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs that confirms the finding of wreckage of the missing aircraft No. MS 804 near Karpathos Island.

In a series of tweets the airline said that investigators found floating materials likely to be wreckage, life jackets and plastic debris.

Er, Karpathos is about 250km northwest of the 'last confirmed location'. I don't think debris could drift that far in 12 hours.

Also, there's no way you could 'confirm', without extracting and examining it, that spotted wreckage belongs to this or that.

As far as I can make out at this point, the Greeks say the Egyptians told them they found debris, and the Egyptians say the Greeks told them they found debris.

So no one has actually found any debris.

Assuming this report is true:

Greek officials disputed Egypt's claim that Greek authorities found floating wreckage, including two life vests, from an EgyptAir flight carrying 66 people that crashed into the Mediterranean early Thursday en route from Paris to Cairo.

EgyptAir said the Egyptian foreign ministry confirmed in a letter to the Cairo government that Greek searchers found the debris near the Greek island of Karpathos. But within an hour of that report, Athanassios Binis, head of Greece’s Air Accident Investigation and Aviation Safety Board, told state ERT TV that “an assessment of the finds showed that they do not belong to an aircraft.”

While boat life vests and plane life vests differ somewhat, I wonder if some of the debris they found actually belonged to any of the many refugees who drowned in the Mediterranean trying to reach Greece...

CNN breaking news:

EgyptAir Vice Chairman Ahmed Adel told CNN that the debris found Thursday in the Mediterranean Sea is not from Flight 804, which disappeared while flying from Paris to Cairo.

"We stand corrected on finding the wreckage because what we identified is not a part of our plane," Adel told CNN's Jake Tapper. "So the search and rescue is still going on."

Earlier, Adel told CNN's Christiane Amanpour that "we have found the wreckage."

Andromeda said:

Yesterday, I was at home with my wife and mum & dad, and my wife and I did a short morning walk to park nearby - its a walk we have done many times, and I am quite familiar with the birdlife around the area. However yesterday was different, there were lots of different birds, even woodpeckers and raptors (which never occur in this area). It felt like a "relief" as though the build up of energies over the last few days were being released. I wondered why this was the case and felt a bit strange - and when we were back home, a couple of hours later we heard the news about the flight. Today we did the same walk (deliberately to see if yesterday was an anomaly), and the different birds we saw yesterday were nowhere to be seen.....again it may not be related, but strange enough...

Back
Top Bottom