Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Aragorn said:
the throat and the human
voice is the source/center of expressing. So when the
therapist notices, during the session, that the patient
starts to swallow a lot, he knows it is a strong defence
mechanism of not "letting the emotion/memory/trauma"
surface. Because if it did, they would probably scream or
weap. And you can't do that if the throat is "occupied"!

Following the not-swallow advice, i tried to implement it today. I was in my sauna and started doing the pipe breathing. I noticed that everytime i exhaled, at the "hold" point, my throat would mechanically contract or swallow. So i started trying to control it that it doesn't happen. Well, it was one of the most difficult things i ever tried! I had no control over it at first which frustrated me and i started to cry out of frustration. Then i was able to "hold" once and not exhale. Then two times in a row. I never made over 3. But the thing is that at one point i was feeling these ticklish energies in my throat that made me cough, and then at one point my mouth opened wide as if in a huge but silent scream, and my chest started to go in and out as if i was sobbing. I couldn't help but cry, though i had no clue what i was crying for.

But thanks Aragon, this has been an interesting tip to follow. I do have expression issues, so it's no surprise that i got all this activity in the throat area :whistle:

Ben said:
Also just to clarify, is each of these lines supposed to correspond with an inhalation/exhalation?:

Oh Divine Cosmic Mind
Holy Awareness in All Creation
Carried in the heart
Ruler of the mind
Savior of the Soul
Live in me today
Be my Daily Bread
As I give bread to others
Help me grow in knowledge
Of All Creation
Clear my eyes
That I may See
Clear my ears
That I may hear
Cleanse my heart
That I may know and love
The Holiness of True Existence
Divine Cosmic Mind

Yes. The first line is inhalation, next one exhalation, next one inhalation and on and on.

Been doing the breathing/meditation for the past 6 nights. I have extreme difficulty in not swallowing occasionally towards the end of the bioenergetic exercise because my mouth produces lots of saliva. My dentist noted this and said it was a good thing for a middle-aged woman. Something about keeping my teeth and gums healthy. Always found it annoying.

Last night I tried not to swallow till the end, but wound up spraying out some moisture when I did the next to final "ha" exhalation. Felt very silly. Also, I do have the need to itch my face now and then. Hopefully, I'll gain more control over these things in the future. At present, I find myself concentrating on avoiding the swallowing/itching and worrying that I'm not doing the exercises properly because of it.

I'm finding that each time I do it the experience is more and more intense. When I did it today, my whole body was shaking at times, and I also felt at one point like there was a heavy weight on my chest - not painful, but very noticable.

Smaragarde said:
thanks Aragon, this has been an interesting tip to follow. I do have expression issues, so it's no surprise that i got all this activity in the throat area

I am still swallowing involuntarily as well, it's getting a bit better, but I'm sure that I too have expression issues. But I think persevering with the breathing is really gonna help us break through this!

Laura said:
Lorraine said:
My question is did anyone have any trouble with the Beatha as I found it quite heavy going? I suppose as I do it more often I’ll get better. I found it tiring and made me feel quite cold. Admittedly its winter where I live :D.

It is supposed to be tiring, trying and taxing. It is a very simple thing, and it only takes a little bit of discipline to do it, but that little bit of discipline really adds up and "taxes the flyer's mind," so to say. And when those programs are taxed and tired, then the essence has a chance to express itself.

I find the Beatha part as a heavy duty as well. I did the whole process (three stage breathing+meditation) only three times so far. And while even if it is very intense, it is also relaxing, Beatha stage takes me out of my comfort zone to such extend that part of me really wants to stop doing it and curl up in the corner no less. So I guess it is worth exercising some discipline and see where it'll take me.

Keit said:
I find the Beatha part as a heavy duty as well. I did the whole process (three stage breathing+meditation) only three times so far. And while even if it is very intense, it is also relaxing, Beatha stage takes me out of my comfort zone to such extend that part of me really wants to stop doing it and curl up in the corner no less. So I guess it is worth exercising some discipline and see where it'll take me.

Actually I thought I was ready for the Beatha part, but I was wrong.

Perhaps yesterday's night was my very first attempt in performing pipe breathing correctly, and it was only after I bought an mp3 player with me at bed. The working day was fine and full of energy today, but now I'm feeling sleepy and I'll probably go to bed before midnight.. and that's quite a surprise for my standards!

That's good to know it's supposed to be like that. I also have done it three times all the way through. Very powerful, yet I do get a little impatient during the Beatha part and have felt like Keit did. Less so, each time, though.

Keit said:
Laura said:
Lorraine said:
My question is did anyone have any trouble with the Beatha as I found it quite heavy going? I suppose as I do it more often I’ll get better. I found it tiring and made me feel quite cold. Admittedly its winter where I live :D.

It is supposed to be tiring, trying and taxing. It is a very simple thing, and it only takes a little bit of discipline to do it, but that little bit of discipline really adds up and "taxes the flyer's mind," so to say. And when those programs are taxed and tired, then the essence has a chance to express itself.

Laura said:
Just want to announce that the video is done and available here from the same page:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/Eiriu-Eolas/

Please note! This is NOT a "meditation" video! It is instructional. You will see how to use pipe breathing in the "three stage breathing" otherwise known as pranayama and also what is called "bhastrika" but we call it "warrior's breath." This latter is NOT done with pipe breath! I think I'm pretty clear in narrating what you will be viewing, but if not, ask away right here.

As soon as we can get it uploaded, you will have the whole guided process on audio. That will be 1) 3 Stage breathing with pipe breath; 2) Warrior's breath; 3) the round breathing/bioenergetic breathing/Beatha; 4) guided meditation.

Feedback is always welcome!

Thank you SO much Laura, Cs, Team all the forum...it really change my life... thank you so much again!! ;D

I'd just like to add to the discussion about the swallowing, that as I've come to understand it the swallowing per se isn't what should be avoided, but the swallowing functioning as a defence mechanism.

I would suggest, that if you guys feel very dry in the mouth or throat please DO swallow - don't try to concentrate all your will power to stop every swallowing reflex that emerges - waste of good energy! This Bioenergetic therapist said on the phone that when these defence mechanisms come and if they are very strong, it is sometimes just better to let them do their business. The main point is to KNOW and IDENTIFY this mechanism. Later it will diminish, with every little "battle" you've won.

I'm currently struggling to stay awake during these sessions; a few days ago this "sleeping-defence mechanism" started to kick in really strong. "Something" in me doesn't obviously want something to reach my awareness... :evil:

Aragorn said:
I'm currently struggling to stay awake during these sessions; a few days ago this "sleeping-defence mechanism" started to kick in really strong. "Something" in me doesn't obviously want something to reach my awareness... :evil:

I have the same problem. I am really struggling to stay awake. Up to the Beatha, it is ok. But the last part of the Beatha, i must do quite a lot of effort to stay awake. And during the meditation, most of the time, i fall asleep.

Yesterday, and the end of the Beatha exercice, the area (may i use a new age word) of the heart chakra was very hot and it was like something was moving/working there. First time since i have begun the exercices.

Yes these defence mechanisms can be very powerful!

I remember, prior of going to this BE-therapist ca two years ago, I read this book by Michael Brown called "The Presence Process". Quite good book, a little "New Ageish" but not annoyingly so - at least that was what I thought then, maybe I should check it out again. Maybe I'll post some info later on the book, fwiw.

Anyways, so this book basically talks about the healing power of breathing and how one should do a sort of BE-breathing every day, mornings and evenings. So I started doing it. Whoa! I couldn't do more than maybe 7(!) breaths in and out (continuous breathing that is, which I'd never tried earlier) before I had to stop, because the resistance was so strong! I just couldn't concentrate and I could come up with millions of reasons why this was stupid and not worth the time.

I did eventually get up to 20 breaths or so (yeah I know, sucks) but I really didn't "get it". Later, after getting "treatments" from the BE-therapist the whole thing got sooo much easier! So, for those of you who are doing this for the first time and ALONE: hang in there - it's monstrous work!!!

One other example was this friend of mine who ca one years back was really depressed and had trouble sleeping. I recommended doing some BE-breathing before trying to sleep, I was sure it could help him! ("pushed" him help, even if he really didn't ask for it.. :-[ ) So, after some days I asked if he had tried it and if it had helped. "Well", he said, "yeah, sure I tried it on many evenings, but it didn't really help. So I'm not going to do that anymore." So I asked sort of how he had done it, and then he really amazed me by saying: "Well, it is sort of difficult to fall asleep, because you know, I have to READ something while I'm doing the breathing thing. If I don't read or do something "distracting" while breathing it just gets too scary and overwhelming!"

Phew! I guess he wasn't ready to do that stuff, and I shouldn't have tried to "help" him, selfish me!

Namaste said:
I am really struggling to stay awake. Up to the Beatha, it is ok. But the last part of the Beatha, i must do quite a lot of effort to stay awake. And during the meditation, most of the time, i fall asleep.
As a solution for the Beatha (and could possibly make you a bit more alert and so give you a better chance during the meditation, too - though I guess you'll have to try to see if it works), you could perhaps (as I do, though for a different reason) do the breathing parts before the meditation standing up. (keep in mind the following though should it apply to you, in which case this would likely be a bad idea: "[...] in part 2, the 3-stage breathing you will need to it pretty much exactly as it is depicted, we do it sitting down. Some people like to do it standing up, I would advice doing it sitting down, because if you get a little bit dizzy you want to be sitting." - Bo's video transcript)

Aragorn said:
I would suggest, that if you guys feel very dry in the mouth or throat please DO swallow - don't try to concentrate all your will power to stop every swallowing reflex that emerges - waste of good energy! This Bioenergetic therapist said on the phone that when these defence mechanisms come and if they are very strong, it is sometimes just better to let them do their business. The main point is to KNOW and IDENTIFY this mechanism. Later it will diminish, with every little "battle" you've won

Thanks Aragorn for all the swallowing info. It seems like the way to go is to just swallow when necessary and don't get too attached to whether or not it's happened. I did notice that I am swallowing less each time.

What occurred to me while doing the Beatha-Breathing, could it be that the exhaling-part has something to do with sighing? It helps me letting things go more easy.

Namaste said:
Aragorn said:

I have the same problem. I am really struggling to stay awake. Up to the Beatha, it is ok. But the last part of the Beatha, i must do quite a lot of effort to stay awake. And during the meditation, most of the time, i fall asleep.

Yesterday, and the end of the Beatha exercice, the area (may i use a new age word) of the heart chakra was very hot and it was like something was moving/working there. First time since i have begun the exercices.

I did the relaxing/meditation part yesterday earlier, so I had more energy.
But during the meditation I have a lot of problems to focus on my breathing, thoughts running off and off, which makes me then a little bit angry against myself. But I keep trying concentrating on it!

I've been practicing the entire program for the past few nights and there is something happening that is bothering me. For the second time in a row, when I reach the second round of slow beathas, at some point i snap into a dream state where i don't even here the audio at which point I realize I'm dreaming and snap out again. This has happened twice at the same place in the program which i find to be very odd. It's not like I'm tired and falling asleep, it just comes completely out of nowhere and I only notice after it has already happened. It almost feels like a "skip in the record" with me being the record. If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated as i find it a bit disturbing especially since after it happened the first time i payed extra attention in following the audio the next time so it wouldn't happen again and it did. Another interesting side note; I started laughing uncontrollably during the first round of slow beathas and couldn't stop until the faster ones started which took me by surprise since I was expecting something along the lines of the impending doom i had felt the night before. Very funny!

would love to hear some thoughts on the skip in my record...

Back
Top Bottom