Eiriu Eolas in Spain - interested in helping and participating?

Don Genaro said:
Jordi, sorry to hear you've been unwell- It's also occurred to me that your illness may be caused by some resistance to that which you're reluctant to share. I too encourage you to try and aim towards opening up about whatever is on your mind and to not try and "go it alone".

This sounds spot on to me, jordifs. The fact that you got sick might mean that your body is trying to tell you something. It could be a bug too, of course. But you might want to look into this. Maybe something is "blocked", something you haven't released yet, and your body is telling you to "let go" or else it will "explode". Don't want to be too graphic here, but you get the gist. ;)

jordifs said:
Your comment about energy is indeed interesting. I do noticed a difference with me and the others, about feelings and perceptions. But there is a difference because I practice EE since it was published and some of their experiences happened to me some time ago (and do not arise again). I did practice EE full-program each day for some time (round breathing included). It seems to me I
evolved from a position where my ego puts before me obstacles I fear (to take responsibility). Now I continue to find similar obstacles, but my mind identify a solution or workaround for each problem, no more fear on my part, I face them with joy.

This could well be the case, but maybe you are not seeing the whole picture? Usually, a person who has gone through something like what you are describing can actually connect MORE to others who are starting the process, because he/she is able to put him/herself into other people's shoes. If you felt disconnected instead of more connected, perhaps there is something that a part of you was afraid of sharing or releasing, which you saw in others? Just a thought.

Nonetheless I recognize my failure to advance. The path lays before my eyes, no doubts, no fears.
I think on walking, but I'm stuck, my feet are immobilized (really I'm in front of a computer, but I'm unable to use the keyboard). I'm not sure if it is lack of strong will or energy.

This made me think of the fact that immobilization with fear is usually associated with diarrhea, for example. One goes into the primitive vagal system. So maybe there is another symbol, and the way to go beyond this is through SHARING.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Hi jhonny

jhonny said:
I felt a little dizzy after breakfast yesterday.
Today I had to work and this week I have lots to do, I am very anxious when I have many things to do, but I feel very calm.
Physically I felt very tired, very strange because I usually don't sleep much (6 or 7 hours). and this morning I felt my body very, very heavy and with a little cramp in my left leg, is this normal?.

I've had this happen in the past with EE, especially if it was a powerful session. Making sure you are not dehydrated, and have enough magnesium/potassium will help with the leg cramps.
What I think may be happening in cases like this is the body is detoxing, and being depleted of magnesium/salts/water, leading to fatigue and cramps. Electrolyte powder/supplements or some sea salt in water may also be another way to help balance this. Vitamin C should also help.

Just a reminder for all those of you who attended the course:

It would be really great if you could post about your experiences on the EE forum, like Sindy did:

http://eiriu-eolas.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=323&p=2841#p2841

That way, those who are not part of this forum can also participate, as well as other Spanish speakers doing EE around the world learning more about the courses.

THANKS!

Hi guys!

It was a terrific weekend, i'm very happy to meet all you in person. So thank you all.

Jordisf and Jhonny i hope both of you can be fine ASAP, sometimes i think i can do all things alone. But i guess it isn't an objective view. I hope you can discover the real reason behind your situation. I guess we experienced a lot of things in a few days and the bodies are showing all this in diferent ways.

Somehow i recognised the faces in the group too, a weird but great sensation.

I learned a lot in the meeting about EE, diet, myself, .....

I experienced a strange sensation at times during the course. I'm nervous by nature in the sense of internal hyperactivity, but along this time in Terrasa i felt very nervous in some moments, i had to breath to clam myself in a sort of different situations because this inner nervousness suddenly appeared and i can't relate it with internal or external stimuli. It always happened when we were in group as i remember. I don't know if it can be related with the group's energy but this thought has crossed my mind.

The EE program in group was something incredible, i saw images all times in meditation and it is very strange for me when i practice it alone. I could feel the energy in the group and it was really beautiful.

See you all soon!

Ailén said:
Just a reminder for all those of you who attended the course:

It would be really great if you could post about your experiences on the EE forum, like Sindy did:

http://eiriu-eolas.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=323&p=2841#p2841

That way, those who are not part of this forum can also participate, as well as other Spanish speakers doing EE around the world learning more about the courses.

THANKS!

Next stop EE forum ;D

RedFox said:
Hi jhonny

jhonny said:
Today I had to work and this week I have lots to do, I am very anxious when I have many things to do, but I feel very calm.
Physically I felt very tired, very strange because I usually don't sleep much (6 or 7 hours). and this morning I felt my body very, very heavy and with a little cramp in my left leg, is this normal?.

I've had this happen in the past with EE, especially if it was a powerful session. Making sure you are not dehydrated, and have enough magnesium/potassium will help with the leg cramps.
What I think may be happening in cases like this is the body is detoxing, and being depleted of magnesium/salts/water, leading to fatigue and cramps. Electrolyte powder/supplements or some sea salt in water may also be another way to help balance this. Vitamin C should also help.

I had leg cramps, which level up with time to a degree of pure pain. I shouted during night, the pain was persistent for several seconds. I did take a lot of salt, potassium, and without magnesium supplement but taking it through food. I was not able to stop the pain until I changed diet back to carbs. Leg cramps which were present every day (!) stopped completely. An important information I missed then, was commented when talking face to face to Psyche (during EE trainning). She warned me to take supplement L-Carnitine, which: Wikipedia
... it is required for the transport of fatty acids from the cytosol into the mitochondria ...

I inform you because when I was on paleodiet with ketosis (a maximum of 30g of carbs per day) ... the pain raised in just one month to a level I had to stop. So the readers of this post are aware now, supplements may be very important to compensate.

jordifs said:
I had leg cramps, which level up with time to a degree of pure pain. I shouted during night, the pain was persistent for several seconds. I did take a lot of salt, potassium, and without magnesium supplement but taking it through food.

Magnesium supplementation is essential due to the lack of magnesium currently in our food supply. You cannot get enough magnesium from food. The soil is depleted, so the produce does not have it. This has been discussed many times on the forum. I used to have leg cramps almost nightly until I started taking 600mg of magnesium citrate (or malate) daily.

anart said:
jordifs said:
I had leg cramps, which level up with time to a degree of pure pain. I shouted during night, the pain was persistent for several seconds. I did take a lot of salt, potassium, and without magnesium supplement but taking it through food.

Magnesium supplementation is essential due to the lack of magnesium currently in our food supply. You cannot get enough magnesium from food. The soil is depleted, so the produce does not have it. This has been discussed many times on the forum. I used to have leg cramps almost nightly until I started taking 600mg of magnesium citrate (or malate) daily.

Thanks anart!

I was not aware it was so important.

I had leg cramp or more like an intense localised spasm at the top of the leg for two days last week, which was very painful indeed. It seemed to be helped greatly by soaking in a hot bath for an hour with a LOT of Epsom Salts in the water. Next day and thereafter there's been no more trouble with it, just the occasional tiny twitch in the same place is all, so may have to repeat if it comes back. I did get some potassium in today so that may help, perhaps I'll leave taking that though until/if it happens again and see if/how quickly it alleviates it.

Elisa said:
Tristan said:
Another curious fact I'd like to share is that I can remember the faces of all of you very easily and very vivid,
I find it very interesting what you have said at the beginning of your post as well as your story, Don Genaro.

I can say the same. Indeed I remember all of you very vividly.
Sorry Don Genaro, for what you had to been through in your way back home. Clearly it must had been very distressingly.

Thank you Elisa it was distressing but it could have been worse. I look on it as a valuable lesson! Considering what we had been learning about polyvagal theory and stress as well as the "freeze response" I did feel helpless. But with the knowledge from the course and the breathing exercises I managed to get some objective distance from the situation. I was able to see the suffering of the guy who was charging me and try not to make him suffer too. I was also able to understand what was happening physically and most importantly, I was able to do something about it. It taught me the importance of the breathing!

RedFox said:
Hi jhonny

jhonny said:

Thank you RedFox, I'm going to get the magnesium today

anart said:

Does anybody know if/where we can buy this magnesium citrate (or malate) supplementation in Spain? Thank you very much in advance.

miguel said:
anart said:

Does anybody know if/where we can buy this magnesium citrate (or malate) supplementation in Spain? Thank you very much in advance.

Below are some links to buy magnesium citrate and malate that I found on the net ;)

http://www.dieteticaonline.es/b2c/index.php?page=pp_producto.php&md=0&ref=Citrato+de+Magnesio+-+Solgar+-+60+comprimidos

http://biovea.es/product_detail.aspx?NAME=MALATO-DE-MAGNESIO-1250mg-180-C%C3%A1psulas&PID=2641&OS=204

http://www.hsnstore.com/ES-citrato-de-magnesio-200mg-100-tabs.html

Tristan said:
miguel said:
anart said:

Below are some links to buy magnesium citrate and malate that I found on the net ;)

http://www.dieteticaonline.es/b2c/index.php?page=pp_producto.php&md=0&ref=Citrato+de+Magnesio+-+Solgar+-+60+comprimidos

http://biovea.es/product_detail.aspx?NAME=MALATO-DE-MAGNESIO-1250mg-180-C%C3%A1psulas&PID=2641&OS=204

Also, I haven't tried yet but when I asked for it in the herboristería yesterday I was told it can be bought in any pharmacy. Looks like they're good for something :lol:

Edit=fixed quote box.

I must say that for most of this week I have been catching myself holding my breath. I know I've done it in the past but it seems I'm doing it more. Maybe I'm just noticing more but I don't think so. Because it causes quite a lot of discomfort. I wouldn't say I'm suffocating or having panic attacks or anything. I actually feel quite calm. It's like I just constantly stop breathing and notice and then have to make myself start again. It's even happened several times whilst writing this post. I think it may be due to some of that resistance I was speaking about in my post to Jordi. I only hope it means I'm close to some sort of breakthrough.

Don Genaro said:
Tristan said:
miguel said:
anart said:

Also, I haven't tried yet but when I asked for it in the herboristería yesterday I was told it can be bought in any pharmacy. Looks like they're good for something :lol:

Tristan & Don Genaro: Thank you for your comments! ;)

I will check the links and the thread of "The magnesium miracle" and I will ask for it at my local pharmacy to see what they say about it.

Back
Top Bottom