Éiriú-Eolas Online Workshops and Practice - Public

Thanks for the session today everyone, and thanks @Martina for volunteering despite your tiredness. I'll be happy to volunteer to sing next week. Had practiced 'What a Wonderful World' a little bit today, something uplifting which we could all do with. Who knows, I might be channelling Louis Armstrong by next week :lol:

Thanks for the session today everyone, and thanks @Martina for volunteering despite your tiredness. I'll be happy to volunteer to sing next week. Had practiced 'What a Wonderful World' a little bit today, something uplifting which we could all do with. Who knows, I might be channelling Louis Armstrong by next week :lol:
Oh that is a wonderful idea!!!!! Some weeks ago I was also thinking of that song! It really is very very heartwarming! Especially when I hear it from Lous Armstrong! Looking forward to your singing!!! 🌺 🥰 🥰 🥰

I’m an apology today. I’m trying to sort my schedule out to get back to you all next week. Happy EE

Reactions: Yas
Hello. I'm going to attempt to join the practice today, if it is today. It'll be my first but I'm wondering if a webcam is required? I don't have one but was able to turn my DSLR into one (video only) with a separate mic. It's problematic though since it has a sleep timer that can only be delayed for 30 mins max (which is a dumb limit) without keeping the camera awake by pressing a button. If it goes to sleep I will lose connection and the only way for me to reconnect is to close Zoom and relaunch. It's a problem with my usb pathway since my computer is a hackintosh and can't find the problem. The other problem is battery life. I don't know how long it will last being used as a webcam. I can do audio, I think, without issues.

Hello. I'm going to attempt to join the practice today, if it is today. It'll be my first but I'm wondering if a webcam is required? I don't have one but was able to turn my DSLR into one (video only) with a separate mic. It's problematic though since it has a sleep timer that can only be delayed for 30 mins max (which is a dumb limit) without keeping the camera awake by pressing a button. If it goes to sleep I will lose connection and the only way for me to reconnect is to close Zoom and relaunch. It's a problem with my usb pathway since my computer is a hackintosh and can't find the problem. The other problem is battery life. I don't know how long it will last being used as a webcam. I can do audio, I think, without issues.
Hello Benjamin, although it's ideal to meet face to face, you can connect to the meetings without a webcam. And your name is already on the spreadsheet so you are welcome to join.

See you!

Oh darn. I missed it. Looks like it started at what would be noon for me. That's going to be difficult for me to attend. I'll try to practice on the same day but just at a different time.

Hi Benjamin,

There's another meeting on Friday at 1:00 am UTC.

You can use a time converter, to see what time that is where you are. For reference, that would be Thursday at 9:00 pm in Toronto and, according to the same time converter, on Thursday at 7:00 pm in Alberta, Canada.

I hope you can join us!

Hi Benjamin,

There's another meeting on Friday at 1:00 am UTC.

You can use a time converter, to see what time that is where you are. For reference, that would be Thursday at 9:00 pm in Toronto and, according to the same time converter, on Thursday at 7:00 pm in Alberta, Canada.

I hope you can join us!

That is much more possible to do. Excellent. Hopefully I'll have a webcam by then too. Is there a set schedule for these practices or does it change?

Thanks for mentioning "to be grateful". When I was smoking outside right now I was thinking of 3 things I could be grateful of and I felt immediately that something changed to the better in my brain. And when I come to think of it again there are really a lot of things I can be grateful for.

I want to concure here, naorma - that was a lovely discussion. It left a cheerful, serene feeling with me. The noise of real life and our tendency to focus on the negative (like it was mentioned) too often makes us forget about the things we can be grateful for.

So I think it's important to remember these things as often as possible - like when having a smoke and / or before going to sleep. Especially as during sleep, for example, new brain patterns can be entrenched more deeply. Like it can be done with learning new vocabulary of a foreign language. This SOTT article comes to mind:

And this part in particular:
And in fact, you actually have some control over what your brain decides to delete while you sleep. It's the synaptic connections you don't use that get marked for recycling. The ones you do use are the ones that get watered and oxygenated. So be mindful of what you're thinking about.

If you spend too much time reading theories about the end of Game of Thrones and very little on your job, guess which synapses are going to get marked for recycling?

If you're in a fight with someone at work and devote your time to thinking about how to get even with them, and not about that big project, you're going to wind up a synaptic superstar at revenge plots but a poor innovator.

To take advantage of your brain's natural gardening system, simply think about the things that are important to you. Your gardeners will strengthen those connections and prune the ones that you care about less. It's how you help the garden of your brain flower.

We can even do some little meditation about it with our dream crystal in our hands, or do some journalling before bed. And who knows what our brain will create during the night(s) which might help us the next day. :wizard:

That is much more possible to do. Excellent. Hopefully I'll have a webcam by then too. Is there a set schedule for these practices or does it change?

Great, see you there then!

Yes, the schedule is set for those two days.

Back
Top Bottom