Elderberries Block Flu Virus From Attaching To and Entering Human Cells

I just found this comment on you tube. On one of Suspicios 0bservers videos (the same one I posted in Corona thread). A user commented about elderberries on a thread: I will copy paste it so you get all the important info regarding cv and elderberry.

Im not claiming anything about elderberry and I dont know if this is truth, or even if it matters if it is but I thought its better I post it since I knew there was a thread here recommending it.

Regards

Agron

I'm not sure where they are getting that elderberry increases cytokines, but if you read my previous post HERE you'll see that elderberry in any case has other important inhibitory effects on SARS and Corona-viruses. There's also this:

Upon infection by the SARS virus, similarly to influenza, inflammatory cytokines are strongly upregulated. […] In short, the excessive angiotensin II levels (due to the destruction of ACE-2 cells by the virus) cause massive damage to the lung, lymph, and spleen tissue. Protecting the cells from the induced hypoxia significantly reduces the damage in the lungs. (Rhodiola is specific for this. It prevents hypoxia-induced oxidative damage, increases intracellular oxygen diffusion, and increases the efficiency of oxygen utilization.)
(H. Buhner: Herbal Antivirals, p. 53).

I'm not sure where they are getting that elderberry increases cytokines, but if you read my previous post HERE you'll see that elderberry in any case has other important inhibitory effects on SARS and Corona-viruses. There's also this:
Thanks.
Im no expert or a doctor but I saw that info so I thought it would be good to post it so it can be confirmed or debunked.
And Im not using elderberry since it is a syrup that was pushed on me since I was a kid and I started to dislike it at one point. Here it is done with lots of refined sugar and I almost died from my sugar-addiction so no wonder. To clean my digestive system and for iron I use blackberry wine (5% alc).

It´s elderberry flower time! :-)
My partner went out to the woods and brought us first round.

In my country, "the rule" for picking flowers is that you pick them after 2-3 sunny days in the afternoon when they are in full flower and dry.

For making syrup/juice (as I posted here), the size of the flower should be as big as an opened palm (or a couple of smaller ones that count as one palm-size flower).
35-40 big freshly picked fully opened flowers

For tea, one dries the flowers on a covered sheet in the shade.....

In any case, cut off the dick flower stalks first.

Happy hunting! ;-)

I'm not sure where they are getting that elderberry increases cytokines, but if you read my previous post HERE you'll see that elderberry in any case has other important inhibitory effects on SARS and Corona-viruses

I found this detailed explanation about Elderberry and the concept of a cytokine storm

I´ve upgraded my syrup a bit....
My kids started to cough a little and I´ve remembered granny´s bay leaf (laurel) cough syrup that would really help, so I´ve added bay leaves to the mix.

Bay leaf as a medicine

As we said in the introduction, the bay leaf from ancient times has been used as a spice and as a medicine, mainly because of its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is rich in the B group vitamins (riboflavin, pyridoxine, niacin and pantonic acid) that help better functioning of nerves and muscles system, positively influences the metabolism, hormonal status and bay leaf contains many minerals: potassium, copper, manganese, calcium, selenium, iron, magnesium and zinc. Bay leaf tea is used in the treatment of diseases of the digestive system, anorexia, loss of appetite, diabetes, cardiovascular disorders. It is also used to disinfect places containing influenza viruses, colds and various other microbes. It is also used as a sedative in case of nervousness, tension and insomnia, but if you overdo it with the amount it can cause hallucinations. Also, bay leaf can be of a great help in the treatment of gout and rheumatism, and the essential oil is used successfully in the treatment of diseases of the lymph nodes because it raises the immunity, and if only a few drops are rubbed on the area of the lymph nodes you alleviate the symptoms. Bay leaf-oil is used for inhalation in case of problems with the respiratory tract, it reduces unpleasant frequent cough and encourages us to cough up the mucus from the lungs. In the phytotherapy leaves are picked when they are already fully developed, not the young ones. In cosmetics bay leaf as an anti-dandruff showed excellent results and is an integral part of many creams and lotions for oily skin and hair in the form of shampoo.

Bay leaf for cough

Here are some interesting recipes against a strong and persistent cough:
  • Finely chop three bay leaves, pour over 2.5 dl of water and cook for about ten minutes.
  • Remove from the heat and keep the lid on for another ten minutes, then you need to drain it.
  • In the filtered tea, add a tablespoon of lemon juice and two tablespoons of local honey.
  • The beverage is drunk two to three times daily in an amount up to 3 dl.

Thus prepared bay leaf tea for cough is recommended for strengthening the immune system influenced with the flu, and is most effective with bronchitis and respiratory problems. One old folk recipe also goes like this: Put in a bowl half a litre of water and 150 grams of sugar, let it boil and add ten sheets of bay leaves and cook for another 30 minutes. After that it needs to be removed from the container and pour the mixture into a suitable cup or jar. Use it freely if necessary!
That´s pretty much how grandma did the syrup; she cooked several bay leaves in a 1/5l or less water, after it cool down a bit, she added honey and she put in a juice of 1-2 whole lemons. Store it in the fridge and take one spoon of the syrup couple of times during the day (3-4).

So, what I did was:
  • boil 1/5 l water
  • added 4 bay leaves
  • added 6 spoons of elderberries
  • one cinnamon stick
Boiled all for 20-25mins. Removed the leaves and cinnamon, blended the berries with one whole pealed lemon.
As I´ve got a thick paste and not a syrup :whistle: I added a bit of water and put the whole thing trough colander.
I could skip the blending part and squeeze the berries, but now I have higher berries concentration in the syrup.
I also added home made honey to sweet it.
Overall I´ve got round 3,5dl of really rich syrup.

I will start with one small spoon in the morning for kids and test it further on myself - if I take more will there be some aftereffects (since elderberries have laxative effect).

I thought I would share my experience with taking elderberry since March or so of last year. Originally I was taking it as a precaution against Covid when that all started, from reading about it here. I have been taking an extract made from the fruit that is in capsule form instead of a tea or syrup (it was easier to obtain and more convenient to take, and seems to be as effective as far as I can tell).

Unexpectedly, the elderberry made a huge difference in seasonal allergies. I didn't have them at all while taking elderberry, so I continued to take it. I have not any allergies this year either.

I don't want to take pharmaceuticals (preferring to treat any symptoms or issues with natural substances), but do enjoy not having a runny nose and sneezing from May to October. I was surprised it worked this well for me, especially because that wasn't the reason I was taking it. No noticeable side effects either.

I did a bit of research as to why this may help with allergies, and found elderberry can calm inflammation and that can alleviate hay fever/allergies (didn't find any lengthy reliable sources to quote though). FWIW, it may help someone else who may experience allergies.

I thought I would share my experience with taking elderberry since March or so of last year. Originally I was taking it as a precaution against Covid when that all started, from reading about it here. I have been taking an extract made from the fruit that is in capsule form instead of a tea or syrup (it was easier to obtain and more convenient to take, and seems to be as effective as far as I can tell).

Unexpectedly, the elderberry made a huge difference in seasonal allergies. I didn't have them at all while taking elderberry, so I continued to take it. I have not any allergies this year either.

I don't want to take pharmaceuticals (preferring to treat any symptoms or issues with natural substances), but do enjoy not having a runny nose and sneezing from May to October. I was surprised it worked this well for me, especially because that wasn't the reason I was taking it. No noticeable side effects either.

I did a bit of research as to why this may help with allergies, and found elderberry can calm inflammation and that can alleviate hay fever/allergies (didn't find any lengthy reliable sources to quote though). FWIW, it may help someone else who may experience allergies.
I started taking the Black Elderberry capsules when all this started up and I've also noticed a drop off of my seasonal allergies which are usually a lot worse this time of year.

Interesting. Do you mind sharing which brand of capsules you've been taking?

Sheesh, I wish I had the opportunity to read this post before I got so ill last couple of weeks... I felt like I was drowning in my lungs and have a fractured rib from coughing non stop day/night for 5-6 days, am incredibly weak and drained. Improving now thankfully. So wonderful to be able to breathe and walk! 🍃🌸 will be buying that this week. 🙏

Question: why has elderberries been dropped from all current recos regarding COVID prevention, treatment

or

not mentioned in protection of the unvaxxed from the vaxxed??

Is there something I am missing here? Cytokine storm potentials?

Sheesh, I wish I had the opportunity to read this post before I got so ill last couple of weeks... I felt like I was drowning in my lungs and have a fractured rib from coughing non stop day/night for 5-6 days, am incredibly weak and drained. Improving now thankfully. So wonderful to be able to breathe and walk! 🍃🌸 will be buying that this week. 🙏
So sorry to hear that forest_light. I hope you will continue to improve and get your health back to normal. What was wrong with you? Drowning in the lungs sounds like the worst of covid symptoms. :hug2:

Thank you for sharing your experience with it. I have a lot of this at home and I will take it again.

So sorry to hear that forest_light. I hope you will continue to improve and get your health back to normal. What was wrong with you? Drowning in the lungs sounds like the worst of covid symptoms. :hug2:
Thank you for you kind, sweet words @Tuulikki... sending a non infectious hug back to you! :hug2:

It seems I have had ‘the flu’... the whole town where I live seems to have it (with lots of people covertly snuffling into tissues or coughing their lungs out when they get outside a building or into their car) but my goodness I haven’t had a flu like this in years. It’s definitely not Covid as far as I know... thousands of people are getting tested and there is no Covid in the area (if the tests have any accuracy!) and the sewerage is tested daily... I also live remotely in the bush and have little contact with anyone so my doctor agreed it is highly unlikely. She is aware everyone has a seasonal flu at the moment.

I was super sick in Nov 2019 and thought then I might have had Covid as I had never had a flu so vicious (except when I had pneumonia years ago), but this 2021 flu has been much worse for me personally. It may be because I have been diagnosed with multiple chronic conditions (immune) and have been struggling with my health for a long time. I’ve never been sick like this for so long and have found it incredibly debilitating. Today I am so grateful to find that I seem to be improving (thought I was last week but got worse again) so have come into town for supplies. I wonder if I had pneumonia... I was concerned it would develop into pleurisy, so was diligent in taking all the nutritional support I could and resting. This is my third week of recovery.

I am taking a huge number of supplements, Chinese medicine (utterly revolting tasting but very effective) pain relief (which I never take) and have been doing the keto diet for 6 months so I hoped this would ensure a more graceful ‘flu’ experience. Sadly it was not so.

I wonder if there are some new flu strains around...?

Prayers of sparkling health for you all ✨🌈

Back
Top Bottom