EMF Exposure

I've always been somewhat sensitive to EMF, but also kind of use to it at the same time.
I do however notice a difference in fatigue when exposed to wifi for long periods (work).

I've had a few observations I'd like to add to this discussion.
The most important ones being that my sensitivity changed to EMF changed in responce to the MTHFR protocol, raising glutathione levels and trying out things to balance blood sugar levels (berberine/olive leaf extract - see Cortisol and Chronic Stress - Cortisol Resistance).
My thinking is that EMF sensitivity (especially crippling sensitivity) may actually be a signal of damage that needs fixing rather than 'just' EMF sensitivity.

_http://www.electricalpollution.com/Health_Issues.html
Are there any other treatments?

There are no treatments that can substitute for reducing or eliminating exposure to high frequencies. However, there are some nutritional approaches that may be helpful in rebuilding the body's damaged systems after exposure high frequencies is substantially reduced or eliminated. The literature indicate that the nervous system, the cardiovascular system, and the immune system are impaired or damaged by over-exposure to radio frequencies. Many references cite oxidative damage as a problem. Increased inflammation is also frequently mentioned. Dehydration also seems to be a problem. Consult with your physician or a qualified health care professional to determine what might be appropriate to help with recovery from the damage done by radio frequency sickness.

It is important for physicians to be aware that exposure to radiation from wireless devices can increase membrane permeability for a substantial period of time. According to Disconnect by Devra Davis, one 5-minute phone call can increase the permeability of the blood-brain barrier for 50 days. This can allow pollutants across the blood-brain barrier and cause leaky gut syndrome, allowing food components to enter the bloodstream that would not normally be there and also causing enough intestinal damage to impair nutrient uptake.

Radiofrequencies are well documented to interfere with normal melatonin secretion, as well as the activity of melatonin already present in the blood. The brain cannot properly process and recharge without melatonin. Lack of melatonin may result in an excess of serotonin in the brain which may be linked to various mental disorders see _http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/pinealstory.htm for more information about serotonin and melatonin in the brain. This is important information for all doctors prescribing antidepressants, particularly SSRIs, to read. Sleep deprivation can have serious consequences for mental and physical health. Supplementation of melatonin may be helpful if good, restful sleep does not resume in spite minimizing RF exposures as much as possible using the steps found on the Solutions page.

Some cognitive difficulties related to radiofrequency sickness seem to be caused by irregularities in glucose metabolism caused by radiofrequency exposure. One way to get around this was discovered by a doctor trying to help her husband recover from Alzheimer's disease (_http://www.tampabay.com/news/aging/article879333.ece#email). She found that one of the most effective treatments was an oil composed of medium chain triglycerides known as MCT oil. Medium chain triglycerides can be found in high concentration in coconut oil.

There are multiple metabolic processes that are upset by radiofrequency exposure. However, the methylation cycle has received individual attention. It can to be severely upset and seems to have trouble righting itself without a little help. According to a paper by Rich Van Konynenburg, Ph.D. and Neil Nathan, M.D. titled “Application of the Yasko Protocol to the Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome”, chronic partial block of the methylation cycle leads to significant draining of folate from the cells, and a chronic depletion of glutathione which they hypothesize results in chronic fatigue type symptoms. Experience has shown us that many people with chronic fatigue syndrome are, in fact, suffering from radiofrequency sickness, thus it is likely that treatment of blocked methylation cycle either using their modified Yasko protocol or the original (vitamin protocols that have been developed to help get the methylation cycle going again) would be helpful to people with radiofrequency sickness. The methylation cycle is also involved in clearing some metals and toxins from the body. Anecdotally, the protocol has improved depression and cognitive function. It is very important to note that this research protocol recommends starting the vitamin regimen very, very, slowly - a quarter dose or less and slowly increasing. They have found that people can feel transiently worse if the cycle re-starts too quickly. They recommend only using the protocol under a doctor's supervision.

According to Anne Louise Gittleman's book Zapped, radiofrequency exposure depletes zinc, selenium, magnesium, vitamin D, CoQ10, and a few others so supplementation of these vitamins may be considered in addition to the above, also with a doctor's supervision.

Additionally, exposure to radiofrequencies has been documented to change hormone and neurotransmitter levels.

_http://www.emfanalysis.com/rats-wifi-olive-leaf-extract
Olive Leaf Extract Helps Protect Rats from Wi-Fi

It turns out that when rats are exposed to Wi-Fi just one hour per day, they experience a diabetes-like status. This new study looked at how olive leaf extract might help the rats.

The rats that received the extract did not exhibit the oxidative stress response and liver damage that the control group experienced.

It is good to know that humans are not the only lab rats when it comes to the health effects of EMF pollution. It is also encouraging that there may be ways to help protect our health.

“We investigated the effect of olive leaves extract administration on glucose metabolism and oxidative response in liver and kidneys of rats exposed to radio frequency (RF). The exposure of rats to RF (2.45 GHz, 1 h/day during 21 consecutive days) induced a diabetes-like status….

Moreover, RF decreased the activities of glutathione peroxidase (GPx, −33.33% and −49.40%) catalase (CAT, −43.39% and −39.62%) and the superoxide dismutase (SOD, −59.29% and −68.53%) and groups thiol amount (−62.68% and −34.85%), respectively in liver and kidneys. Indeed, exposure to RF increased the malondialdehyde (MDA, 29.69% and 51.35%) concentration respectively in liver and kidneys. Olive leaves extract administration (100 mg/kg, ip) in RF-exposed rats prevented glucose metabolism disruption and restored the activities of GPx, CAT and SOD and thiol group amount in liver and kidneys. Moreover, olive leave extract administration was able to bring down the elevated levels of MDA in liver but not in kidneys. Our investigations suggested that RF exposure induced a diabetes-like status through alteration of oxidative response. Olive leaves extract was able to correct glucose metabolism disorder by minimizing oxidative stress induced by RF in rat tissues.”

RedFox said:
My thinking is that EMF sensitivity (especially crippling sensitivity) may actually be a signal of damage that needs fixing rather than 'just' EMF sensitivity.

Yes RF, I think this is a significant factor that reaches into diet, chronic infection, and toxic exposure/load. There are studies that show blood sugar excursion in humans with EMF exposure. So, for example, EMF exposure may be particular aggravating to some diabetics.

New from Powerwatch:

This is well worth watching - lots of well-presented up-to-date information. On 30th November 2015, the Dean's Lecture at the University of Melbourne was given by Professor Devra Davis based around the question "What are the health effects of mobile phones and wireless radiation?". Epidemiologist and electromagnetic radiation health-effects expert, Dr Davis, outlines the evolution of the mobile phone and smartphone and provides a background to the current 19 year old radiation safety standards (SAR), policy developments and international legislation.

http://www.sott.net/article/308522-Dangers-of-wireless-radiation-Dr-Devra-Davis-VIDEO

LQB said:
New from Powerwatch:

This is well worth watching - lots of well-presented up-to-date information. On 30th November 2015, the Dean's Lecture at the University of Melbourne was given by Professor Devra Davis based around the question "What are the health effects of mobile phones and wireless radiation?". Epidemiologist and electromagnetic radiation health-effects expert, Dr Davis, outlines the evolution of the mobile phone and smartphone and provides a background to the current 19 year old radiation safety standards (SAR), policy developments and international legislation.

http://www.sott.net/article/308522-Dangers-of-wireless-radiation-Dr-Devra-Davis-VIDEO

LQB, do you know if it's true that smartphones in airplane mode do NOT emit any radiation? Everyone on the net seems to be convince so, but I've never seen studies confirming it.

I also wanted to ask you, LQB, do these smart meter shields really work? My smart meter is right outside the north wall of my bedroom. I took to sleeping in the living while my husband was traveling, as I had been waking up every morning with a headache! Didn't have that issue in the living room - far away from the smart meter. I do need to address this issue and was hoping for a quick, easy fix. Thanks in advance! And my apologies if this has already been discussed someone here on the forum and I missed it. :)

Heimdallr said:
LQB said:
New from Powerwatch:

LQB, do you know if it's true that smartphones in airplane mode do NOT emit any radiation? Everyone on the net seems to be convince so, but I've never seen studies confirming it.

I haven't seen any studies either, but when I use my RF meter, it doesn't pick up any emissions from the phone when in airplane mode. When it's not in airplane mode, it spikes every few minutes when it tries to contact the cellphone tower.

[quote author= fabric]
I haven't seen any studies either, but when I use my RF meter, it doesn't pick up any emissions from the phone when in airplane mode. When it's not in airplane mode, it spikes every few minutes when it tries to contact the cellphone tower. [/quote]

I didn't know that about 'airplane mode'. What I do know, is just simply wrapping your cell phone in aluminum foil blocks the signal. :P People didn't believe me - until they tried it. So tinfoil hat people are not so crazy after all. ;D

Heimdallr said:
LQB said:
New from Powerwatch:

Yes, by law (originally), airplane mode (APM) turns off any attempt by the phone to contact a base station - no radiation. On my cheap tracphone it must actually disconnect battery power from the transmitter/receiver since the battery does not drain much over months in airplane mode.

I haven't tried to measure this but I think everyone can be assured that airplane mode disables the phone transmitter.

There has been talk of dropping that law - but I hope airplane mode is here to stay (in all phones).

I've talked with a local EMF-sensitive (living off-grid), and helped her to proceed almost full time in APM - then check messages/return calls several times per day. So she puts a hard limit on her radiation exposure.

Added: And always use the speakerphone at (relaxed) arm's length if possible.

Lilou said:
I also wanted to ask you, LQB, do these smart meter shields really work? My smart meter is right outside the north wall of my bedroom. I took to sleeping in the living while my husband was traveling, as I had been waking up every morning with a headache! Didn't have that issue in the living room - far away from the smart meter. I do need to address this issue and was hoping for a quick, easy fix. Thanks in advance! And my apologies if this has already been discussed someone here on the forum and I missed it. :)

I looked at link - Bad Idea. This will certainly block (attenuate) the forward radiation, but will likely increase the back radiation into the home - not good. It will also increase reflected RF power back to the transmitter increasing the risk of fire (it appears that there are many cases of fire from smartmeters).

Earlier in this thread we discussed possible solutions:

1) Move the meter unit off the house (requires electrician) and put a simple screen/metal shield directly behind it to shield the house
2) Install a screen/metal shield behind the meter (house side) as far behind the meter as you can manage (about 3 ft square) - no electrician required.
3) Install a large foil-backed picture frame (3ft square) on the interior wall centered on the meter - this will direct most of the RF away from the house. [And concentrate your living space away from that wall.]

Solutions 2/3 are easiest and a combination of 2/3 will yield the most RF blockage. The first two orders of magnitude RF reduction (100 times less RF power density) is easy to get.

fabric said:
Heimdallr said:
LQB said:
New from Powerwatch:

I haven't seen any studies either, but when I use my RF meter, it doesn't pick up any emissions from the phone when in airplane mode. When it's not in airplane mode, it spikes every few minutes when it tries to contact the cellphone tower.

Indeed - that's what airplane mode should do - disable the transmitter.

LQB said:
Heimdallr said:
LQB said:
New from Powerwatch:

Yes, by law (originally), airplane mode (APM) turns off any attempt by the phone to contact a base station - no radiation. On my cheap tracphone it must actually disconnect battery power from the transmitter/receiver since the battery does not drain much over months in airplane mode.

I haven't tried to measure this but I think everyone can be assured that airplane mode disables the phone transmitter.

There has been talk of dropping that law - but I hope airplane mode is here to stay (in all phones).

I've talked with a local EMF-sensitive (living off-grid), and helped her to proceed almost full time in APM - then check messages/return calls several times per day. So she puts a hard limit on her radiation exposure.

Added: And always use the speakerphone at (relaxed) arm's length if possible.

Smartphones in airplane mode don't (we hope) emit narrow band, high-level radiation in their operating bands (cellular, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth) unless Wi-Fi or Bluetooth is turned on after entering airplane mode. They certainly do emit low-level wideband radiation whenever they are clocked at high frequency. This applies to other similar devices as well, such as music players and tablets.

This energy should be measurable if the phone is awake and running an app (offline) such as a music or audio player, or a game. CPU clock frequencies are high enough to produce ragged noise well into the microwave spectrum. As I recall (it's been a couple of years since I tried this), I was able to detect audio-range frequencies easily using an audio pickup coil and amplifier, although I did my testing mainly on my notebook computer which puts out high-level broadband noise with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned off.

Whether the signal strength of this noise is high enough to be of concern, I don't know. It is ragged digital noise, however, and it might not take much of it to cause some degree of cellular disruption at close range. But then cells have defenses and repair mechanisms. Who knows.

Without the transmitter there will still be noise from the screen and it's backlight, from SMPS voltage converters, various clock signals for different chips and so on. A neatly hemmed pouch made of several layers of aluminum foil would probably help with most of the UHF emissions.

monotonic said:
Without the transmitter there will still be noise from the screen and it's backlight, from SMPS voltage converters, various clock signals for different chips and so on. A neatly hemmed pouch made of several layers of aluminum foil would probably help with most of the UHF emissions.

Also, if you can find the old-style lead 35 mm film bags that were used to protect against x-ray machines, this might help reduce emissions. Yet then again, obviously just keep the phone turned off unless needed.

Another thing that I think that LQB said in a prior post was understanding where you phones antenna system is exactly located and keeping away from this, and also, keeping the phone well charged so it is not struggling (radio emitting) to reach cell towers, osit.

voyageur said:
Another thing that I think that LQB said in a prior post was understanding where you phones antenna system is exactly located and keeping away from this, and also, keeping the phone well charged so it is not struggling (radio emitting) to reach cell towers, osit.

Actually, the phone chooses its TX power based on the strength of the cell tower signal - if reception is poor, then the phone TX power goes up (independent of battery state). The phone will radiate at minimum power if you see full bars on the cell tower signal.

LQB said:
New from Powerwatch:

Thanks for letting us know LQB, this is an excellent talk, and from a very reputable person - ideal for sharing with people imho.

Back
Top Bottom