Eric Pepin - Higher Balance Institute - Discussion

SeekingtheTruth said:
The idea to oppose the actions of people like Vincent in a “tossing of the first stone” way seems to contradict my perception of what Gurdjieff, Mouravieff, and the C’s are attempting to convey. In my heart, I think that maybe it might be best to maintain a state of impartiality unless one is cornered (as in the case of Eric Pepin). Is not attacking another via suing only a subtle means of manipulative control? I realize SOTT has nothing but the best interest of the world at heart, but I can’t seem to find a plausible motive to take action that doesn’t have a hint of revenge at its core. Perhaps someone here has found one that I can not currently see?

I just wanted to offer my perspective in the light of the teachings of Mouravieff, Gurdjieff, and the C’s (how I currently understand them anyway). Please feel free to hold up the mirror so I can work on correcting my reading instrument!

[edit: Well, to be fair the majority of my assessment is in the light of Mouravieff's teachings.]

Had to stop reading VB's quark's dance theology, god this stuff is draining!

After reading a few paragraphs maybe my thinking is not straight here, anyway I agree at that 'hint of revenge at its core'. You can have your 'revenge for consciousness' if attacked, like in Pepin's case though -- well, there was no other option than to scream to the four winds against a pack of lies and historical attack on freedom principles. Some stepping stones are really unavoidable in a world that seeks to promote lies.

Suing it's a draining process by itself. ...just thinking about that blue text above entering a Court :scared:

Erna said:
But there’s so much other information on the Cassiopaea forum and on SOTT that people need to see. The psychopathology topic alone needs as large an audience as possible.

This is very true. Can you imagine the type of world we would live in if the knowledge about psychopaths and how they destroy societies from the inside were taught from grade school on up to every person on the planet? What psychopaths fear most is exposure - once exposed; once all those who interact with them know what they are, they cannot predate - it's over.

I think this is another reason why exposing these deviants is so important - as long as we stay quiet and don't rock the boat, they get to continue to feed. Of course, 'we' in this sentence is also humanity, because ultimately only an informed humanity can stop them.

[quote author=anart]
once all those who interact with them know what they are, they cannot predate - it's over.
[/quote]

[quote author=anart]
I think this is another reason why exposing these deviants is so important - as long as we stay quiet and don't rock the boat, they get to continue to feed. Of course, 'we' in this sentence is also humanity, because ultimately only an informed humanity can stop them.
[/quote]

Anart, how do you view the whole business of psychopaths and their free will with respect to the law of free will and consciously or unconsciously choosing STS. There are no mistakes, right? Or do you separate the topic of psychopaths from STS/STO and freewill because we consider them to be a different species from ourselves, us being mind/body/spirit complexes (to use Ra terminology) and them not of the same make-up, so to speak?

_http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?session_id=19

[quote author=Ra]

Then the newest third-density beings who have just made the transition from second are still strongly biased towards self-service. There must be many other mechanisms to create an awareness of the possibility of service to others.

I am wondering, first about the mechanism and I am wondering when the split takes place where the entity is able to continue on the road to service to self that will eventually take him on to fourth density.

I’m assuming that an entity can start, say, in second density with service to self and continue right on through and just stay on what we would call the path of service to self and never be pulled over. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect. The second-density concept of serving self includes the serving of those associated with tribe or pack. This is not seen in second density as separation of self and other-self. All is seen as self since in some forms of second-density entities, if the tribe or pack becomes weakened, so does the entity within the tribe or pack.

The new or initial third density has this innocent, shall we say, bias or distortion towards viewing those in the family, the society, as you would call, perhaps, country, as self. Thus though a distortion not helpful for progress in third density, it is without polarity.

The break becomes apparent when the entity perceives otherselves as other-selves and consciously determines to manipulate other-selves for the benefit of the self. This is the beginning of the road of which you speak.

My words: So, essentially, progress has taken place.

Questioner: Then, through free will, some time within the third density experience, the path splits and the entity consciously chooses—or he probably doesn’t consciously choose. Does the entity consciously choose this path of the initial splitting point?

Ra: I am Ra. We speak in generalities which is dangerous for always inaccurate. However, we realize you look for the overview; so we will eliminate anomalies and speak of majorities.

The majority of third density beings is far along the chosen path before realization of that path is conscious.

Questioner: Can you tell me what bias creates the momentum towards the chosen path of service to self?

Ra: I am Ra. We can speak only in metaphor. Some love the light. Some love the darkness. It is a matter of the unique and infinitely various Creator choosing and playing among its experiences as a child upon a picnic. Some enjoy the picnic and find the sun beautiful, the food delicious, the games refreshing, and glow with the joy of creation. Some find the night delicious, their picnic being pain, difficulty, sufferings of others, and the examination of the perversities of nature. These enjoy a different picnic.

All these experiences are available. It is the free will of each entity which chooses the form of play, the form of pleasure.

Questioner: I assume that an entity on either path can decide to change paths at any time and possibly retrace steps, the path changing being more difficult the farther along the path the change is made. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect. The further an entity has, what you would call, polarized, the more easily this entity may change polarity, for the more power and awareness the entity will have.

Those truly helpless are those who have not consciously chosen but who repeat patterns without knowledge of the repetition or the meaning of the pattern.

[/quote]

I’ve have in the past over identified with the ills of the world, allowing it to trouble me tremendously. I’m dealing with it better nowadays, in light of the bigger picture.

_http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?search_string=enslavement&search_type=any

[quote author=Ra]

Ra: I am Ra. The purpose of the Orion group, as mentioned before, is conquest and enslavement. This is done by finding and establishing an elite and causing others to serve the elite through various devices such as the laws you mentioned and others given by this entity.

[/quote]

[quote author=Ra]

Ra: I am Ra. As all, they follow the Law of One observing free will. Contact is made with those who call. Those then upon the planetary sphere act much as do you to disseminate the attitudes and philosophy of their particular understanding of the Law of One which is service to self. These become the elite. Through these, the attempt begins to create a condition whereby the remainder of the planetary entities are enslaved by their free will.

[/quote]

This is more in tune with your take on things.

[quote author=Ra]

It is thus that those who deal with this thought-war must be defensive rather than accepting in order to preserve their usefulness in service to others. Thusly, they cannot accept fully what the Orion Confederation wishes to give, that being enslavement. Thusly, some polarity is lost due to this friction and both sides, if you will, must then regroup.
[/quote]

And then lastly, you always say "we are all STS", which is in contrast to the Ra material. Is it just a matter of the C's material vs the Ra material, and you deciding to go with the Cs? I'm not playing them off against one another, I was just wondering.

E said:
Anart, how do you view the whole business of psychopaths and their free will with respect to the law of free will and consciously or unconsciously choosing STS. There are no mistakes, right? Or do you separate the topic of psychopaths from STS/STO and freewill because we consider them to be a different species from ourselves, us being mind/body/spirit complexes (to use Ra terminology) and them not of the same make-up, so to speak?

I think that's an interesting question. I certainly do not have all of the answers, but it is my current understanding that psychopaths are basically the representation of (tools of/manifestation of) 4D STS on 3D planet earth. As far as there being 'no mistakes', I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that, but perhaps you mean some variant of 'all there is is lessons' - in which case, part of the lesson for a 3D entity who is striving to become an STO candidate might be to understand the existence of psychopaths as an intra-species predator, their role in manifesting 4D STS designs on 3D planet Earth, that they are lacking the capacity for empathy and compassion that defines humanity, thus are not 'human', and how to get away from and out of their control and influence.

If this is a 'battle' - then honoring a psychopath's 'free will' by being prey assures that one is no longer in the battle. I think remembering the level of reality in which we currently reside also comes into play - we are not at the level where all is in balance - we are at a level where we must learn the lessons in order to graduate - and one of the over-riding (if not all-encompassing) lessons of this reality is psychopathology and how it affects human beings individually and societally and how that effect stunts human development en mass (and likely by design).

In short, honoring a psychopaths 'free will' ensures that one is food and can be nothing more.

Learning these lessons - and educating others; sharing that knowledge in disbursement versus contraction - seems part of the 'no mistakes' idea - it is a lesson that must be learned if we are to develop an objective understanding of this reality in order to move on to the next.

If, along the way, we can also free others from the psychopath's control and influence through education and disbursement of knowledge, then the entire future of this sector of space/time and the humanity in it might be affected - as an inherent part of the grand lesson for all of us - or not. Again - back to learning.

As far as whether psychopaths, by definition, even have Free Will - I don't have that answer. There is some merit (I think) to the idea that a machine cannot have Free Will -so whether an individual is a psychopath or not, as long as they are asleep and a machine, there can be no Free Will to come into play in that situation at all anyway (not on this level of reality at least) - so it is a moot point. That might be a discussion for another day, since it's obviously a complicated one.

E said:
I’ve have in the past over identified with the ills of the world, allowing it to trouble me tremendously. I’m dealing with it better nowadays, in light of the bigger picture.

That's good - identification blocks objectivity and learning.

E said:
And then lastly, you always say "we are all STS", which is in contrast to the Ra material. Is it just a matter of the C's material vs the Ra material, and you deciding to go with the Cs? I'm not playing them off against one another, I was just wondering.

Well, as Ra said:

Ra said:
Ra: I am Ra. We speak in generalities which is dangerous for always inaccurate.

I don't think that saying that we as human beings on 3D Planet Earth are STS is necessarily contradicting the Ra material. I also think it's important to remember that the channel was restricted during the transmissions of the Ra material due to preconceptions and imposed limits, not wanting to discuss the 'dark' or 'negative' side of things (according to the channel's definition of negative and dark). By restricting the inflow of communication this way, the transmissions are also necessarily limited. Laura has discussed this at length.

Even with this limitation, there is (I think) quite a lot of truth in the Ra material, but if one considers the specific limitations put in place by the channel, then it is not surprising at all that the things you pointed out here as being contradictory between the two sources come across that way. If a channel will only look at the 'positive side' of reality, then that is what will come through.

I hope that makes some sense and clarifies my own current understanding a bit more.

E said:
Anart, how do you view the whole business of psychopaths and their free will with respect to the law of free will and consciously or unconsciously choosing STS. There are no mistakes, right?

Do not freedom depends on our understanding of the choices and their likely consequences?
That is why everything is nothing more than lessons, isn't it?

Whether the degree of freedom obtained by a being depends on their knowledge about everything and its consequences; thinking in the freedom of a psychopath as opposed to our knowledge of their obvious existence to drain naturally has nothing to do with be capable to see the big picture.

Indeed it is precisely the ability of seeing the big picture wich made some beings see the differences and choose his path.
As I see it, there is no need to treat psychopaths as people expressing their freedom, as in this reallity, in our current world they are HIGHER PREDATORS.

E said:
Or do you separate the topic of psychopaths from STS/STO and freewill because we consider them to be a different species from ourselves, us being mind/body/spirit complexes (to use Ra terminology) and them not of the same make-up, so to speak?

E said:

I think yes, we have to separate STS/STO from our current situation here, although there are undeniable differences between all beings who are in this world if you try to see the big picture and compare what you perceive as true STO being with the beings on this reallity you'll find countless evidence that this world is a varying degrees STS world.

Allthough a being tend to give, it is still limited because of:
The need to consume other beings from lower densities "without their approval", (animals/plants)
The consume of other beings from the same density, due to ignorance we drained among ourselves,
between parents and children, brothers, friends, or any other.

So no need to try to force us to become what we want to be, only knowledge activates the natural evolution of consciousness to be what it want to be.
It is entirely legitimate to try to know what things bind us to others and those that separate us.

E said:

Well, I think its not really about “going with the C’s” or “going with Ra” but its about tuning your own instruments of perception (cleaning your machine) and then learning how to accurately read what your instrument is telling you. What you may have left out here is your own subjective reading instrument and how it is the most important factor in determining just how you understand and interpret what the C’s or Ra might say (or anything else). Otherwise you will only understand these concepts, such as, for example, STS and STO in broad generalities and not within the specific context of your own subjectivity and how these ideas that you basically perceive thru a ‘glass darkly’ might relate to the specific situations of your everyday life.

For example I see that “we are all STS” as being very true within the context of the admixture of the 'self element' within our emotional nature and each specific choice that is made at any moment can go in one direction or the other (selfishness or selflessness). I see and verify this truth in myself every day and I can see how it can apply to others as well. So that’s how I understand it, from within the specific context of the choices we make at any given moment.

Ouspensky talks about pure and impure emotions in his book Tertium Organum:
He says:

Examples of such a division of outwardly similar emotions may be constantly seen in artistic, literary, scientific, social and even in spiritual and religious activities of men. In all domains, only complete victory over the self-element leads man to a right knowledge of the world and himself. All emotions coloured by the self-element are like concave, convex or distorting glasses which refract the rays incorrectly and so distort the image of the world.
Here’s the longer excerpt taken from (words in bold included)
http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/wave13j.htm
Ouspensky writes:

In reality love is a cosmic phenomenon, in which people... are merely accidental; a cosmic phenomenon as little concerned with either the lives or the souls of men as the sun is concerned in shining so that, by its light, men may go about their trivial affairs and use it for their own ends. If men could understand this, be it only with one part of their consciousness, a new world would open up before them and it would become very strange for them to look at life from all the usual angles. They would understand then that love is something quite different, and of a different order from the small events of earthly life.

Perhaps it is a world of special spirits which at times take possession of men, subjugating them, making tools of them for the accomplishment of their own incomprehensible aims. ...Perhaps it is the alchemical work of the Great Master, in which the souls and bodies of men play the part of the elements out of which is evolved the philosopher's stone or the elixir of life, or some special electricity, necessary to someone for some mysterious purpose.

...Men strive to subjugate love to themselves, to force it to serve their aims, both spiritual and material. But love cannot be subjugated to anything and it wreaks merciless vengeance on the puny mortals who strive to subjugate God to serve their own ends.

...Mistaken about the origin of love, men are mistaken about its result. ...The propagation of species. But this objective result, which may or may not happen, is in any case only the result of the external, objective side of love, or the material fact of impregnation.

...But if we regard love from this standpoint, we shall have to admit that there is more of this force than is necessary, infinitely more! In reality, for the purposes of the propagation of species only a small fraction of one per cent of this force of love inherent in humanity is utilized.

Where then, does the main part of the force go?

Let us take an ordinary candle. It should give light. But it gives much more heat than light. Light is the direct function of the candle, heat is the indirect function, but there is more heat than light. In order to give light, the candle must burn. Burning is the necessary condition for obtaining light from a candle; burning cannot be done away with. But this same burning produces heat. It seems, at the first glance, that the heat produced by a candle is wasted unproductively and is, at times, even superfluous, unpleasant and hindering: if a room is lighted by candles, it becomes too hot. But the fact of the matter is that light is obtained from a candle only owing to its burning - the evolution of heat and the incandescence of the gases evolved.

The same applies to love. We say that only an insignificant part of the energy of love goes to create progeny; the greater part seems to be spent by fathers and mothers on their personal emotions.

In springtime, with the first awakening of the emotions of love, birds begin to sing and to build nests. Naturally, a materialist will say that the singing is to attract the females or the males and so on. But even a materialist will not be able to deny that there is much more of this singing than is necessary for the propagation of the species. For the materialist, the 'singing' is only 'accidental,' only a 'byproduct.' But, in reality, the singing may be the main function of the given species, the meaning of its existence, the purpose which nature had in view in creating this species. And this singing is needed not to attract the females, but for some general harmony of nature we only sometimes vaguely feel.
Thus we see that what appears to be a collateral function of love, from the point of view of the individual, may serve as a principal function of the species.

... Love has evoked a thirst for activity. Instinct governs this thirst for activity... at the first awakening of love - work starts.

We see the same thing in men. Love is a creative force. And the creative force of love manifests itself not in one but in many varied directions. Perhaps it is precisely by this force of love, Eros, that mankind is incited to fulfill its main function... all the creative activity of mankind is the outcome of love.

...If creation, the birth of ideas, is the light which comes from love, then this light comes from a great flame. In this everlasting flame, in which all mankind and the whole of the world are burning, all the forces of the human spirit and genius are developed and refined; and perhaps it is precisely from this flame, or with the help of it, that a new force will spring into being which will lead those who follow it away from the shackles of matter.

I have dwelt so long on the question of the understanding of love because it is of the most vital importance; for the the majority of people approaching the threshold of the mystery, it is precisely from this side that much becomes opened or closed and because for many precisely this question constitutes the greatest obstacle.

The most important thing in love is that which is not, which is completely nonexistent from an ordinary, everyday, materialistic point of view. In this sensing of that which is not, in the contact thus reached with the world of the miraculous, i.e. the truly real, lies the principal meaning of love in human life.

...All life by all its facts, events and accidents, agitations and attractions always leads us to the knowledge of something. The strongest emotion in man is a yearning for the unknown. Even in love, the strongest attraction to which everything else is sacrificed, is the attraction of the unknown, the NEW - curiosity.

...Man realizes his existence and the existence of the world of which he is a part. His relation to himself and to the world is called knowledge. The broadening and deepening of the relation to oneself and the world is a broadening of knowledge.

All the mental faculties of man, all the elements of his inner life - sensations, representations, concepts, ideas, judgments, conclusions, feelings, emotions, even creation - all these are the instruments of knowledge which we possess.

....Evolutionists will say that the struggle for existence and the selection of the fittest have created the mind and feeling of the modern man - that mind and feeling serve life, protect the species, and apart from this, can have no meaning.
The opposing argument is that, if intelligence exists, then nothing exists except for intelligence. The struggle for existence, and the survival of the fittest, if they in truth play such a role in the creation of life, are also not accidents, but products of an intelligence which we do not know. And, like everything else, they serve KNOWLEDGE.

But we do not, as a rule, see the presence of intelligence in the phenomena and laws of nature. This happens because we always study the parts and not the whole. By studying the little finger of a man we cannot know the intelligence of the man. We always study the little finger of nature. If we realize this and understand that every life is the manifestation of a part of some whole, only then a possibility opens of knowing that whole.

...Every separate human life is a moment of the life of the great being which lives in us. The intelligences of these higher beings do not exist independently of the lower lives. They are two sides of one and the same thing. Each single human mind, in some other section of the world may produce the illusion of many lives.

Life and mind seem to us different and separate from one another because we do not know how to look, how to see. And this in its turn is due to the fact that it is very hard for us to get out of the framework of our divisions. We see the life of a tree, this tree. And if we are told that the life of the tree is a manifestation of some mind, we understand it to mean that the life of this tree is a manifestation of the mind of this tree.

This, of course, is an absurdity resulting from our three-dimensional thinking, the 'Euclidean mind.' The life of this tree is a manifestation of the mind of the species or the variety, or perhaps, of the intelligence of the whole vegetable kingdom.
In the same way our individual lives are the manifestations of some great intelligence. Proof of this is found in the fact that our lives have no meaning whatever apart from the process of acquiring knowledge. And a thoughtful man ceases to feel painfully the absence of meaning in life only when he realizes this and begins to strive consciously in that direction which he was unconsciously following before.

Moreover, this acquisition of knowledge, which constitutes our function in the world, is achieved not only by our intellect, but by our whole organism, all our body, all our life and the whole life of the human society, by its organizations, institutions, the whole culture and the whole civilization, by all we know in mankind and even more so by what we do not know. And we get to know that which we deserve to know.

If we say about the intellectual side of man that its purpose is the acquisition of knowledge, this will not evoke any doubt. All are agreed that man's intellect, with all its subordinate functions, exists for the purpose of acquiring knowledge, although very often the faculty of knowledge is regarded as subordinate. But as regards the emotions: joy, sorrow, anger, fear, love, hate, pride, compassion, jealousy; as regards the sense of beauty, aesthetic sense and artistic creation; as regards moral sense; as regards all religious emotions; faith, hope, veneration and so on, as regards all human activity, thing are not so clear. As a rule, we do not see that all emotions and all human activity serve knowledge.
Usually the emotional is opposed to the intellectual: 'heart' is opposed to 'reason.' 'Cold reason' or intellect is placed on one side, and on the other side: feelings, emotions, artistic sense; then, again quite separately, moral sense, religious feeling, 'spirituality.'

The misunderstanding here lies in the interpretation of the words intellect and emotion.

...Spirituality is not something opposed to 'intellectuality' or 'emotionality.' It is only their higher flight. Reason has no bounds.

...In a man the growth of reason consists in the growth of the intellect and in the accompanying growth of higher emotions: aesthetic, religious, moral - which, as they grow, become more and more intellectualized; moreover, simultaneously with this the intellect becomes impregnated with emotionality and ceases to be 'cold. Thus, 'spirituality' is the merging together of the intellect and the higher emotions; the emotions are spiritualized from the intellect.

...Theoretically all emotions serve knowledge; all emotions arise as a consequence of the cognition of one or another thing. ...Undoubtedly there are relations which can be known only through fear. A man who has never experienced fear will never understand many things in life and in nature. ...

The sign of the growth of the emotions is their liberation from the personal element and their transition to higher planes. The liberation from personal elements enhances the cognitive power of emotions, because the more personal elements there are in an emotion, the more capable it is of leading into delusion. A personal emotion is always biased, always unfair, if only for the reason that it opposes itself to everything else.

...Thus the problem of right emotional knowledge is to feel in relation to people and the world from a point of view other than the personal. And the wider the circle for which a given person feels, the deeper the knowledge which his emotions give.

Christ driving the moneychangers out of the temple or expressing his opinion of the Pharisees was not at all meek or mild. And there are cases where meekness and mildness are not a virtue at all. Emotions of love, sympathy, pity are very easily transformed into sentimentality, into weakness. And in this form they naturally serve only absence of knowledge, i.e. matter.

There exists a division of emotions into pure and impure. We all know this, we all use these words, but we understand very little what this means.

Ordinary morality divides emotions, a priori, into pure and impure according to external traits. All 'carnal' desires are relegated into the category of the impure. However, carnal desires are as pure as everything else in nature.

...An impure emotion is exactly the same as a dirty glass, dirty water or an impure sound. An emotion which is not pure contains foreign matter or echoes of other emotions. It is mixed. A pure emotion gives a clear, pure image of the knowledge which it is intended to transmit.

If we discard the usual moral framework, we shall see that the matter is much more simple, that there are no emotions impure in their nature.

There may be pure sensuality, the sensuality of the 'Song of Songs,' which passes into the sensation of cosmic life and enables one to hear the beating pulse of nature. And there may be impure sensuality, mixed with other emotions, good or bad from the moral point of view, but equally making sensuality turbid. There is sensuality with anger that causes pain; there is sensuality with guilt that seeks pain.

There may be pure sympathy - and there may be sympathy mixed with calculation to receive something for one's sympathy. There may be pure desire to know, a thirst for knowledge for the sake of knowledge, and there may be a pursuit of knowledge led by considerations of profit and gain.

In their external manifestations pure and impure emotions may differ very little. Two men may play chess and be quite alike in their outward behaviour, but one may be driven by ambition, desire of victory, and he will be full of unpleasant feelings towards his opponent - apprehension, envy of a clever move, vexation, jealousy, animosity, or anticipation of his winnings; but another may simply try to solve the complicated mathematical problems before him, without giving a thought to his opponent.

Examples of such a division of outwardly similar emotions may be constantly seen in artistic, literary, scientific, social and even in spiritual and religious activities of men. In all domains, only complete victory over the self-element leads man to a right knowledge of the world and himself. All emotions coloured by the self-element are like concave, convex or distorting glasses which refract the rays incorrectly and so distort the image of the world.

Thus the problem of emotional knowledge consists in a corresponding preparation of the emotions which serve as instruments of knowledge.

From what I've picked up here, whether one is a highly STS polarized person or a psychopath, they are asking for certain responses by their actions. Thus I think even in a high level reality sense, the actions against these individuals are often not going to be a violation of free will. They are asking to be labeled for what they are and there can certainly be more things they are asking for.

Thanks so much kenlee for posting this excerpt from "The Wave". When I first read it almost two years ago, it seemed that everything that I had been looking for had finally come together, and I had found what I had been searching for.

Of course, the finding of the object of one's search does not guarentee that one knows how to put it to good use or use it wisely.

So, it is extremely significant to me that this passage has surfaced again at this point my life while I am in the midst of experiencing confusion, doubt, loss of faith in myself in the world, in all that I have ever believed.

All emotions coloured by the self-element are like concave, convex or distorting glasses which refract the rays incorrectly and so distort the image of the world.

This is what I am experiencing now, all these powerful emotions which I can tell are "refract(ing) the rays incorrectly and so distort(ing) the image of the world."

As a result reading this:
In all domains, only complete victory over the self-element leads man to a right knowledge of the world and himself. All emotions coloured by the self-element are like concave, convex or distorting glasses which refract the rays incorrectly and so distort the image of the world.

This is so damn hard because when I am lost in the "self-element" I can't discern anything except the interests of the "self". I keep returning to this point over and over and over again.

So when I read this I remembered the sense of wonder I experienced the first time I read it, but as I look at it again, I realized that I hadn't fully taken the concept that the emotions and the intellect must work together.

I need more discipline in confronting my emotional center. The best example I can what happens when I walk my dog who I adopted from a shelter several months ago.

He's a very sweet and intelligent dog except when I take him out for a walk and he sees another dog. At that point it takes all my strength to contain the twelve pounds of him which is straining at the leash to get at that other dog. I keep requiring him to practice sitting at random times in the hopes that such discipline will assert itself during our walks. Sometimes it does, but mostly it doesn't.

My emotions are like that, and they take over my thoughts which are the same ones I've always had.

But as I reread the following passage, I felt the same wonder that I experienced the first time I read it, and I think now I have a better idea of what is at stake.

In the same way our individual lives are the manifestations of some great intelligence. Proof of this is found in the fact that our lives have no meaning whatever apart from the process of acquiring knowledge. And a thoughtful man ceases to feel painfully the absence of meaning in life only when he realizes this and begins to strive consciously in that direction which he was unconsciously following before.

Moreover, this acquisition of knowledge, which constitutes our function in the world, is achieved not only by our intellect, but by our whole organism, all our body, all our life and the whole life of the human society, by its organizations, institutions, the whole culture and the whole civilization, by all we know in mankind and even more so by what we do not know. And we get to know that which we deserve to know.

If we say about the intellectual side of man that its purpose is the acquisition of knowledge, this will not evoke any doubt. All are agreed that man's intellect, with all its subordinate functions, exists for the purpose of acquiring knowledge, although very often the faculty of knowledge is regarded as subordinate. But as regards the emotions: joy, sorrow, anger, fear, love, hate, pride, compassion, jealousy; as regards the sense of beauty, aesthetic sense and artistic creation; as regards moral sense; as regards all religious emotions; faith, hope, veneration and so on, as regards all human activity, thing are not so clear. As a rule, we do not see that all emotions and all human activity serve knowledge.
Usually the emotional is opposed to the intellectual: 'heart' is opposed to 'reason.' 'Cold reason' or intellect is placed on one side, and on the other side: feelings, emotions, artistic sense; then, again quite separately, moral sense, religious feeling, 'spirituality.'

The misunderstanding here lies in the interpretation of the words intellect and emotion.

...Spirituality is not something opposed to 'intellectuality' or 'emotionality.' It is only their higher flight. Reason has no bounds.

...In a man the growth of reason consists in the growth of the intellect and in the accompanying growth of higher emotions: aesthetic, religious, moral - which, as they grow, become more and more intellectualized; moreover, simultaneously with this the intellect becomes impregnated with emotionality and ceases to be 'cold. Thus, 'spirituality' is the merging together of the intellect and the higher emotions; the emotions are spiritualized from the intellect.

[/quote]

[quote author=anart]
I think that's an interesting question. I certainly do not have all of the answers, but it is my current understanding that psychopaths are basically the representation of (tools of/manifestation of) 4D STS on 3D planet earth.
[/quote]

I think until one “graduates”, one will have to accept to only have an understanding in a third density sense of a lot of these “cosmic” questions, for it is only what we are capable of grasping at this stage in our development, the so called tip of the iceberg. Kind of like trying to describe a colour to someone born blind.

[quote author=Ra]

The densities we have traversed at various points in the circle correspond to the characteristics of cycles: first, the cycle of awareness; second, the cycle of growth; third, the cycle of self-awareness; fourth, the cycle of love or understanding; fifth, the cycle of light or wisdom; sixth, the cycle of light/love, love/light or unity; seventh, the gateway cycle; eighth, the octave which moves into a mystery we do not plumb.

[/quote]

[quote author=Ra]

It is absolutely necessary that an entity consciously realize it does not understand in order for it to be harvestable. Understanding is not of this density.[/quote]

[quote author=anart]

As far as there being 'no mistakes', I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that, but perhaps you mean some variant of 'all there is is lessons'[/quote]

[quote author=Ra]
Questioner: Would this be against the Law of One? Would I be making a mistake by grabbing one of those entities?
Ra: I am Ra. There are no mistakes under the Law of One.[/quote]

[quote author=Ra]
Questioner: Can you tell me if we are accomplishing our effort reasonably well?
Ra: I am Ra. The Law is One. There are no mistakes.[/quote]

[quote author=Ra]

Ra: I am Ra. There are two important points in this regard. Firstly, we may note the situation wherein an entity gets a road-map which is poorly marked and in fact is quite incorrect. The entity sets out to its destination. It wishes only to reach the point of destination but, becoming confused by the faulty authority and not knowing the territory through which it drives, it becomes hopelessly lost.

Free will does not mean that there will be no circumstances when calculations will be awry. This is so in all aspects of the life experience. Although there are no mistakes, there are surprises.[/quote]

[quote author=Ra]

Questioner: Are they accurate, or have I made mistakes?
Ra: I am Ra. There are no mistakes.[/quote]

I think this concept alone is practically without our grasp here in 3rd density. Take Josef Fritzl for example. It’s unfortunate that I don’t have to think very hard to come up with someone who epitomizes evil to it’s fullest extent to me, I can right away name scores of them, but Fritzl is the most recent shocking revelation.

He found the night delicious, his picnic being pain of others, and the examination of the perversities of nature. An experience which was available to him.

At first sight, it appears as though a third density being is able to violate the free will of another third density being, again examples are in abundance. Or are they? Whether she was enslaved against her free will, is another consideration. Is it possible that she chose this carmic lesson/experience. I don’t know.

[quote author=Ra]

These become the elite. Through these, the attempt begins to create a condition whereby the remainder of the planetary entities are enslaved by their free will.[/quote]

If asked, they’ll say “this hasn’t been our free will”, but we know it’s not as clean cut as that. It could be that it was unconsciously their free will through their actions or lack thereof, or a karmically chosen experience/lesson.

This is at this stage a confusing concept to us 3rd density entities? At least to me it is.

[quote author=anart]

in which case, part of the lesson for a 3D entity who is striving to become an STO candidate might be to understand the existence of psychopaths as an intra-species predator, their role in manifesting 4D STS designs on 3D planet Earth, that they are lacking the capacity for empathy and compassion that defines humanity, thus are not 'human', and how to get away from and out of their control and influence.[/quote]

Very possible! When we reach 4th density, how will we be able to associate with and understand the horror and sorrow of 3rd density (and whetever causes it or is responsible for it) if we haven’t experienced it firsthand?

[quote author=anart]

If this is a 'battle' - then honoring a psychopath's 'free will' by being prey assures that one is no longer in the battle.[/quote]

True. And resisting being prey is again entirely within one’s free will. And I don’t think the predator’s free will is violated by resisting it’s predation and manipulation, because it still proceeds with it’s predation by it’s own free will, whether it succeeds or not. And at which point do we separate/marry our own free will from that of another, since we are all one?

[quote author=anart]

I think remembering the level of reality in which we currently reside also comes into play - we are not at the level where all is in balance  - we are at a level where we must learn the lessons in order to graduate - and one of the over-riding (if not all-encompassing) lessons of this reality is psychopathology and how it affects human beings individually and societally and how that effect stunts human development en mass (and likely by design).

[/quote]

Certainly, a lesson/experience by design crucial for 4th density understanding possibly?

[quote author=anart]

it is my current understanding that psychopaths are basically the representation of (tools of/manifestation of) 4D STS on 3D planet earth.

[/quote]

Very likely. Only problem:

[quote author=anart]

Questioner: What would happen to the entity if he did not obey the quarantine after being hailed?
Ra: I am Ra. To not obey quarantine after being hailed on the level of which we speak would be equivalent to your not stopping upon walking into a solid brick wall.
[/quote]

It’s quite obvious how our density is that of confusion. The machinations of the influence of 4th density on 3rd might be so completely without our grasp of understanding, since 4th density is so completely without our grasp of understanding. Certain concepts cannot even be verbalised in our limited language, we don’t have words for them, for we can’t even conceive of such a thing/concept at this stage.

[quote author=anart]

Learning these lessons - and educating others; sharing that knowledge in disbursement versus contraction - seems part of the 'no mistakes' idea - it is a lesson that must be learned if we are to develop an objective understanding of this reality in order to move on to the next.

[/quote]

I agree completely.

[quote author=anart]

If, along the way, we can also free others from the psychopath's control and influence through education and disbursement of knowledge, then the entire future of this sector of space/time and the humanity in it might be affected - as an inherent part of the grand lesson for all of us  - or not.  Again - back to learning.[/quote]

Certainly  :/ :huh:

[quote author=anart]

As far as whether psychopaths, by definition, even have Free Will - I don't have that answer.  There is some merit (I think) to the idea that a machine cannot have Free Will -so whether an individual is a psychopath or not, as long as they are asleep and a machine, there can be no Free Will to come into play in that situation at all anyway (not on this level of reality at least) - so it is a moot point.  That might be a discussion for another day, since it's obviously a complicated one.

[/quote]

I think decisions made with only lies and deception at our disposal, is an illusion of free will anyway. Only decisions made upon truth can be considered as free will I think. So in that sense, it gets a little messy. Do you see how abstract all of this becomes?

I’ll respond to the other posts as well, let me just digest a little. Please advise if I should move this post to a more appropriate thread.

main.jpg

http://www.willametteweek.com/editorial/3527/12536/

Eric The Enlightened

How a guru from Beaverton raked in millions as a New Age psychic.

BY JAMES PITKIN | jpitkin at wweek dot com

Rise out of yourself, out of your house, out of the city. Soar above the West Coast, let the oceanside cliffs drop away, see the whitecaps dissolve into an expanse of blue. Watch Asia appear on the opposite shore and Earth itself hang against a backdrop of stars.

Mars whips past and recedes. So do Jupiter and Saturn’s rings. Our sun fades into the distance as you move out of this solar system and past many more. Constellations and nebulae blaze past as you fall backward into space.

The Milky Way’s clustered center comes into view. Its arms unfold as you tumble into the abyss beyond their reach. More galaxies fly past, whole clusters of them now, and still you soar outward toward the edge of everything. Finally you’re beyond the stars, and the whole universe floats before you, a glowing blob of iridescence, pulsating as it hovers in the void.

That is God.

“At this point I usually get a round of applause,” says the man who just told this story, sitting cross-legged on an armchair in a short-sleeved shirt and jeans. But his listeners just sit in rapt silence.

I’ve traveled 500 miles from Portland to Northern California, where I’m seated on the floor of a well-appointed cabana in back of a million-dollar home an hour south of San Francisco. I’m in a roomful of 20 other people, mainly well-educated professionals like the home’s owner, Nicolas Tchikovani, a real-estate agent and financial planner.

We’ve each paid $100 to spend half a day learning the secrets of the universe from Eric Pepin, a balding, heavyset 42-year-old from Beaverton who claims he can heal the sick, control the weather, travel between dimensions and communicate with God. He teaches his secrets on CDs and DVDs that sell for up to $299 each on his website.

And people buy them.

A self-described world-class psychic, Pepin promises his students nothing less than a revelation of the true nature of reality. He claims to hold the keys to a universe filled with the meaning and the beauty that perhaps you’ve always known were there, hidden within all that you see and smell and touch.

Like all great sales pitches, Pepin’s comes with a money-back guarantee.

“I believe in enlightenment. I am enlightened,” Pepin told his listeners at the Saturday afternoon gathering last month. “I can take you beyond this world. I can bring you to the doorway of what one would consider the kingdom of heaven. Whether you choose to walk through it is up to you.”

Six years ago, after he left his job as a telemarketer for The Oregonian, Pepin started the Higher Balance Institute. He has no credentials beyond a high-school GED, but thousands of people around the world have bought his materials. Some pay $800 an hour to meet with him one-on-one, and a few dozen are willing to shell out $1,000 or more to hobnob with Pepin at retreats in Hawaii and Mexico.

But Pepin has also generated considerable controversy in New Age circles, including persistent claims that he’s used his guru status to sexually prey on followers. Pepin, who vehemently denies the allegations, beat a child sex-abuse rap in a Washington County criminal trial in 2007.

Following Pepin’s path doesn’t involve shaving your head, wearing robes or performing any rituals. He says he hates being called a guru, and thinks of his students as clients rather than followers. He makes no demands of them other than recommending they meditate twice a day. And, of course, pay cash for his wisdom.

Reduced to the basics, Pepin teaches that developing psychic powers can help you expand your consciousness, understand the universe and come closer to God. His students do that mainly through special meditation; developing the power to read minds, see auras, leave their bodies, communicate with spirits and cross dimensions. Pepin claims he has all of those powers and more.

If it all sounds laughable, you could be what Pepin calls a “red cell”—a drone who doesn’t question the world around you. Pepin and his students, on the other hand, call themselves “white cells”—a gifted minority of one in every 15,000 people who are aware and questioning, with an insatiable desire to seek the spiritual truth.

I saw Pepin in Woodside, Calif., to get an unfiltered view of the claims he makes to his followers. By the end of the day, I had told Pepin I was a reporter, and he welcomed a story about him.

Three weeks later, I was on the phone challenging him to read my mind and change the rainy weather in Portland while he was on the road from L.A. to Lake Tahoe, using his vaunted psychic powers. His nasal voice rose with irritation.

“It doesn’t work that way,” he insisted. “I’m not here to entertain you at your beck and call.”

When we hung up a few minutes later, a funny thing happened—the clouds in Portland parted for the remainder of the afternoon. Nothing unusual for a spring day in the Northwest. But it was enough to remind me that Pepin’s claims of occult powers aren’t any more far-fetched than believing Moses parted the sea, or that Buddha built a golden bridge in the air—parallels Pepin is quick to point out.

“It’s good to pick on the person that is New Age or metaphysical,” he says with sarcasm. “But let’s look at the majority of the people who are pointing the fingers. Let’s look at Jesus Christ walking on water, and who can read minds and heal the sick.”

But cult experts are troubled for a different reason—not because Pepin’s claims are outlandish, but because they’ve become so commonplace.

Steven Hassan, a former high-ranking member of the Moonies who now helps victims get out of cults, says there are literally thousands of self-styled gurus pushing their products online. Boosted by the power of the Internet, and by our own growing dissatisfaction and loneliness as individuals, people like Pepin have found a market niche that increasingly tunnels straight to the heart of mainstream America.

“People have lost faith in a lot of existing institutions, whether it’s the Catholic Church and their pedophilic priests, or the U.S. government, or their own economic security,” Hassan says. “People are extremely vulnerable to someone who comes along and who says in a very confident voice that they know what is going on in reality, and that they can give you the window into that knowledge.”

For Kelly Smith, the window is Eric Pepin.

By all appearances, Smith is a successful single mom from Saratoga, Calif. At age 42, she’s fit and outgoing, and makes six figures a year in software sales.

Smith also happens to believe she can control the weather, read minds and do remote viewing—the psychic term for seeing far-off places without being there. She’s had “lots of different experiences with different kinds of intelligent energy,” she says—all with Pepin’s assistance.

I could ask her 12-year-old daughter for confirmation, she adds.

Smith has been searching for a spiritual guide all her life. When she first saw a picture of Pepin with his balding pate, she says she recognized him from her dreams. Two years ago she joined Higher Balance’s Star Reach program. She pays $199 a month for CDs and an hourlong phone conversation with a coach from Pepin’s staff every other week. She’s seen Pepin in person six times, including two $800 one-on-one sessions.

Smith says the thousands of dollars she’s spent on Pepin was well worth it.

“I was looking for my purpose. I knew there was something more than just living and dying. I knew that there was a greater plan and a greater purpose,” she says. “I can only imagine what it was like studying with the Buddha. It would be something similar to that, it’s such profound information.”

At the Woodside gathering, Smith implored Pepin to teach her a new hand motion to gain extra powers during meditation. Another woman begged Pepin to reveal how to reverse aging. Pepin declined both requests, adding that his age-reversal technique is due out in an upcoming CD.

It was the second time Smith asked about the hand motion. “I’ll keep asking the question,” she says, “because someday the time will be right and he’ll answer.”

What causes a seemingly rational person to believe she’s learned telepathy and can change the weather? Psychologists say it helps to think of Hitler’s sweater.

Imagine you’re shivering and someone hands you a sweater. You put it on. Then you’re told that it used to belong to Hitler. Many otherwise logical people would tear it off their back, even though they know there’s no possible way it could harbor Hitler’s essence.

Northern Illinois University psychologist Brad Sagarin studies such irrational beliefs, which psychologists call “magical thinking.” He says the sweater example suggests human reason is far less reliable than many of us would like to think it is. Especially if people fall into the orbit of someone like Pepin.

“All of us harbor superstitious beliefs, but they can certainly be fostered by a strong authority,” Sagarin says. “They can be fostered by the social support they get from this organization.”

Smith and her two daughters live with one other Pepin follower, but she says she’s no victim of brainwashing. She sees Pepin instead as an inspirational figure working to enlighten minds.

“What made Mother Teresa a hero? Her selfless actions. Spending her life devoted to the One. She did it within the structure of Catholicism. But Eric is doing the same thing,” Smith says. “He’s devoted himself to something bigger than himself.”

In fact, to hear Pepin talk, all of our fates may rest with him and his students.

Pepin tells his followers there’s a battle raging across time and space between good and evil. Borrowing from Star Wars, he calls them the Force and the Dark Side.

Pepin speaks of channeling his students’ psychic energy in order to affect the outcome of that fight, especially as the year 2012 approaches, when some New Age and occult believers think the world will undergo a cataclysmic upheaval because the Mayan calendar ends on Dec. 21 that year.

In a YouTube video, Pepin warns new students that studying with him can bring both danger and safety.

“It awakens something in you that emanates a certain frequency out from you, and the Dark Side can pick that up,” he says. “If you’re near me, you’re kind of at an advantage in that you’re a little bit more protected. Because it knows you’re kind of connected to me, and it doesn’t want to interfere because it knows I’m going to react back.”

It’s a struggle Pepin says he’s been fighting, in one form or another, since he was a young boy.

The son of an Army officer father and a German-born mother, Pepin says he was raised in various cities on the East Coast. He declined to name either of his parents, but said his father would disappear for months at a time when he was growing up.

The old man had a strong interest in the occult. One way for Pepin to gain his father’s affection was to show off his own psychic powers at séances and readings, beginning when he was 8 years old.

After leaving home at 16, Pepin says he charged up to $75 to tell people their future. He moved west—first to Arizona, then up to California, where he opened a spiritual bookstore in the canyons north of L.A. It was there he met Eric Robison 10 years ago.

A 24-year-old film editor at the time, Robison says he started as a skeptic out to prove Pepin’s act was a sham. Eventually he became a true believer.

“I thought at best he was completely insane, at worst a fraud,” Robison recalls. “But he truly believes. It’s not just this shallow form of spirituality. It’s that there’s this deeper meaning in life.”

After the dot-com crash in 2001 killed a computer head-hunting firm Pepin had started, Pepin, Robison and Robison’s brother Matthew moved to Beaverton. Pepin took a job at The Oregonian, but quit in 2003 after a dust-up with his boss. At that point, after years of teaching his friends for free, Pepin says he reluctantly decided to start charging for his services.

They started Higher Balance in their apartment, with Pepin providing the material and Robison running the business side.

“We sold our first CD for $150,” Pepin recalls, “and we said, ‘Oh my God, we’re rich!’”

They built a website, advertising by direct mail and email. Business took off, eventually reaching $2 million in worldwide sales. By 2005, they had 11 full-time employees and an office in Beaverton. That year Pepin bought the house he still owns in Beaverton, for $383,500.

Today the business runs out of a three-room rented office off U.S. 26 in Portland. Two employees sat speaking on the phone to clients on a recent weekday afternoon, while a third was busy shipping orders of CDs, the discs pulled from metal shelves stacked to the ceiling.

The Woodside retreat showed Pepin’s operation in action. Before he appeared, a traveling entourage of four young men who looked like models from GQ magazine swept into the cabana. They set up a table full of merchandise, including dozens of CDs, Higher Balance meditation supports, custom pendants and magnetic pills to boost psychic powers for $49 a bottle.

Pepin’s entourage included both paid staffers and volunteers, one of whom says he moved cross-country from Pennsylvania to be closer to Pepin. That’s not unusual: Robison says two other students recently moved to the Portland area from Texas and Alaska. There have been problems with stalkers parked outside the Higher Balance office, Pepin adds.

Pepin’s staff tapes video of every moment he spends speaking to students, recording every word for the ages. They even videotape him on the road, climbing in and out of their RV, or just washing a car. The star treatment has done nothing to diminish his ego—in Woodside, he repeatedly snapped at his entourage and his host for being slow to fetch items and cool down the room.

Pepin delivers his shtick with a mix of scientific jargon, Eastern mysticism and pop-culture references that seems designed to flatter his listeners and fan their intellectual vanity. What pours out of his mouth is a nonstop, grammatically twisted stream of loosely connected concepts, delivered in a strong New England accent. In one recording, he explains his often rambling delivery.

“I am trying to share knowledge from a dimensional state of consciousness, and slowing them down to convert into a physical format for you to understand,” he explains. “This is not an easy task.”

After four hours of Pepin’s barrage, I was left mentally numb—a feeling one longtime student at Woodside confirmed. “Your mind just kind of goes blank after a while listening to Eric,” he said. “No one’s been able to explain it.”

But Pepin can just as quickly charm his audience like the goofy uncle who showed up for dinner. At Woodside he reminisced about hanging out at a nude beach. When a student asked how to cure a mental block when he meditates, Pepin smiled.

“It’s kind of like taking a crap,” he said. “You’re pushing. You want it to go. But you have to let it go.”

But Pepin’s talent as a communicator may not save his business from its considerable liabilities, including one former acolyte with troubling claims.

On a scale of spiritual gurus, with New Age inspirational speaker Tony Robbins on one end and Heaven’s Gate leader Marshall Applewhite on the other, Pepin tilts much closer to Robbins’ benign self-improvement end of the spectrum.

Not as materialistic as New Thought minister Michael Beckwith, nor as simplistic as the Oprah-backed bestseller The Secret, Pepin has made his reputation by mixing their seltzerized spirituality with explicit claims about psychic powers—a rarity in mainstream New Age circles.

Pepin’s emphasis on the paranormal seriously limits his commercial potential, says Manny Otto. Otto has a widespread view of the New Age world as head of Internet marketing at Sounds True Publishing, a Boulder, Colo.-based clearinghouse for New Age authors. For this story, Otto speaks only for himself.

“His platforms, they’re pretty extreme,” Otto says of Pepin. “I haven’t found in my personal experience that their claims are incorrect. It’s just that people don’t make those claims, typically. People who are big are trying to make it palatable for a broader audience.”

Otto says another stumbling block to Pepin’s mainstream success are allegations of sex abuse that continue to turn up on the Internet. Those allegations now threaten to drag Pepin back into court for a second time.

In 2006, Pepin and 21-year-old Jamison Priebe—a member of Pepin’s spiritual inner circle as well as his romantic partner and employee—were arrested after a former acolyte claimed he was sexually abused by Pepin and Priebe when the victim was 17.

After a five-day trial in which prosecutors accused Pepin of running a cult to recruit sex partners, a Washington County judge acquitted Pepin and Priebe of multiple counts of sex abuse. Now his accuser is pressing a $3.1 million civil lawsuit in the hope of winning a courtroom victory.

Pepin admits having an affair with the man, but says it was after the man turned 18. He says he’s been baited by prosecutors and the media. Who could be easier to demonize, he asks, than a man painted as a “gay cult leader”?

Robison said the impact on business has been severe—Google searches of Pepin’s name still generate accounts of the alleged abuse. Yearly sales, Robison says, have dropped 25 percent from $2 million to $1.5 million as a result. Pepin lost a $4.4 million federal lawsuit he filed in 2008 against Sign of the Times, a New Age website that accused Pepin of running a “front for pedophilia.”

“We’re cleared of those charges, but in the public’s eye we’re guilty,” Robison says. “That’s a trial you’re never going to win.”

His accuser, now a 22-year-old musician living in Northwest Portland, calls Pepin a master manipulator who sexually preys on nearly all of his inner circle of attractive young men. He says Pepin calls this “crossing the abyss.” Pepin admits he’s slept with several of the men on his staff, but says that’s nothing unusual given that they’ve been friends for years.

Those allegations are the reason Rick Ross, a New Jersey-based national expert on cults, calls Higher Balance a full-blown destructive cult, with Pepin exploiting the group.

“When you have a person that has the kind of authority that he exercises over his followers, there is an imbalance of power,” Ross says. “This is very similar to a psychiatrist who takes advantage of patients or a teacher who has an affair with a pupil.”

But Higher Balance lacks some of the qualities Hassan, the former Moonie, associates with a classic cult. Most of Pepin’s followers don’t live anywhere near him. Some of Pepin’s inner circle have lived with him, but without a cult compound, he can’t exert the kind of all-out control over his followers’ lives that infamous cult leaders like Jim Jones and David Koresh have wielded over their flocks.

Pepin hits back, saying that established religions throw around the “cult” label to protect their own business. “They finger-point and say everyone else is a cult,” he says. “I call it challenging their jobs.”

Ross says Pepin is dodging the question.

“The reason he is in court right now is not because he claims he can travel between dimensions or change the weather,” Ross says. “The allegation is that he used his spiritual authority, his aura of power, to take advantage and exploit someone. The issue is behavior, not belief.”

Pepin is forging ahead, gearing up for a weeklong Higher Balance retreat in Hawaii starting May 31. His website claims he’ll take students there on a journey into the distant past and far future, and help them “experience inner hyperdimensional space consciousness.”

Despite such bold claims, Pepin insists in interviews he remains humble—even after a student in L.A. last month asked to touch Pepin’s feet. Pepin refused. “I don’t want someone to think I’m God, because I certainly don’t believe I’m God,” Pepin says.

“I tell people, ‘Don’t call me an enlightened master,’” he says. “I can’t live up to your expectations. I’m going to make mistakes, I’m going to make errors, and you’re going to put me in a stature that I can’t uphold. That’s my worst fear.”

Check out the article at the link to see the embedded videos.

“It’s kind of like taking a crap,” he said. “You’re pushing. You want it to go. But you have to let it go.”

I definitely smell crap, but it's not coming from any type of mental block. I read handbook of the navigator roughly two years ago, I found his writing tactics similar in nature to "leading" someone in NLP. It's no surprise I was in a hurry to finish reading it and give the book back to its owner.

If it all sounds laughable, you could be what Pepin calls a “red cell”—a drone who doesn’t question the world around you. Pepin and his students, on the other hand, call themselves “white cells”—a gifted minority of one in every 15,000 people who are aware and questioning, with an insatiable desire to seek the spiritual truth.

What is it called when a number of white cells get together? Isn't that a sign of infection, and the result...pus? :lol:

Laughable indeed, and another colorful way ponerized people tell you what they are, without meaning to.

Disturbing! A case study of psychopathy in action.

Pepin delivers his shtick with a mix of scientific jargon, Eastern mysticism and pop-culture references that seems designed to flatter his listeners and fan their intellectual vanity. What pours out of his mouth is a nonstop, grammatically twisted stream of loosely connected concepts, delivered in a strong New England accent. In one recording, he explains his often rambling delivery.

“I am trying to share knowledge from a dimensional state of consciousness, and slowing them down to convert into a physical format for you to understand,” he explains. “This is not an easy task.”

After four hours of Pepin’s barrage, I was left mentally numb—a feeling one longtime student at Woodside confirmed. “Your mind just kind of goes blank after a while listening to Eric,” he said. “No one’s been able to explain it.”

Nice to collect clues on what to look out for when dealing with these types. Be on the lookout for the word salad.

Yeah, it is explainable - it's called pathological induction. In fact, Lobaczewski described it quite clearly:

Political Ponerology said:
When the human mind comes into contact with this new {pathological}reality so different from any experiences encountered by a person raised in a society dominated by normal people, it releases psychophysiological shock symptoms in the human brain with a higher tonus of cortex inhibition and a stifling of feelings, which then sometimes gush forth uncontrollably. The mind then works more slowly and less keenly because the associative mechanisms have become inefficient. Especially when a person has direct contact with {a psychopath} who use their specific experience so as to traumatize the minds of the “others” with their own personalities, his mind succumbs to a state of short-term catatonia. Their humiliating and arrogant techniques, brutal paramoralizations, and so forth deaden his thought processes and his self-defense capabilities, and their divergent experiential method anchors in his mind. In the presence of this kind of phenomenon, any moralizing evaluation of a person’s behavior in such a situation thus becomes inaccurate at best.

Only once these unbelievably unpleasant psychological states have passed, thanks to rest in benevolent company, is it possible to reflect, always a difficult and painful process, or to become aware that one’s mind and common sense have been fooled by something which cannot fit into the normal human imagination.

anart said:
I think that's an interesting question.  I certainly do not have all of the answers, but it is my current understanding that psychopaths are basically the representation of (tools of/manifestation of) 4D STS on 3D planet earth. 

I've been wondering about this for some time. Ra gave some examples of 3D humans who achieved 4D STS candidacy: Himmler, Goering, Rasputin, and another Nazi that was still living in the early 80s, so they didn't give his name (Bormann?). They said Hitler tried too hard, and screwed himself, basically. The interesting thing is that Goering was a diagnosed psychopath. Rasputin definitely seems like one, too, from reading his bio. So, IF Goering was a psychopath, and IF he achieved STS candidacy (interestingly, Dabrowski speculates that Lincoln achieved level V, secondary integration, and Ra said Lincoln was a 4D STO walk-in), then perhaps it works in the following way. What if psychopaths are the result of many lifetimes of self-service? Perhaps in a few lifetimes, Hitler will be born a psychopath, having come into resonance with that form of 3D expression?

Perhaps there's also something to the fact that only political leaders are mentioned. What if the garden variety psychopath is a failure in the sense that he fails to establish a large enough feeding ground. Some psychopaths only prey on their family, some their coworkers. A serial killer may kill 20 people. The average psychopath has a pretty large sphere of influence, but it is still relatively small. Think of the power and influence of someone like Goering, or Beria, or Cheney or Perle. Their influence controls millions, billions. Their word determines that number of lives or deaths. And they have had to struggle to achieve those positions, using their cunning, backstabbing, manipulations, etc. to climb to the top. Many rivals have died in the process and only the most skilled "wins". Maybe the sheer numbers of subordinates is what gives them the "push" needed to "graduate"? The rest die off, becoming dreams of the past, not having achieved anything that can carry over.

I remember Ra saying something about there being 2 roads to STS, but can't quite recall. I think it was something about subservience and domination, but I'll have to check it out.

As far as whether psychopaths, by definition, even have Free Will - I don't have that answer.  There is some merit (I think) to the idea that a machine cannot have Free Will -so whether an individual is a psychopath or not, as long as they are asleep and a machine, there can be no Free Will to come into play in that situation at all anyway (not on this level of reality at least) - so it is a moot point.  That might be a discussion for another day, since it's obviously a complicated one.

The way I see it, the only truly "Free" will would be a will at the highest level of existence (i.e. 7D), because "free" means unhindered. In 3D we are constrained by so many things. First of all, physical bodies that are fragile, temporary, and need sustenance. Next, the genetic body, with all its instinctive holdovers from 2D in the form of the "predator's mind". And we're constrained by the problems these bodies acquire in their interactino with a social environment. Our emotions become misdirected, our bodies poisoned, and our intellects full of "facts" that have no relation to truth. All of these constrain expression and the experience of higher bodies and higher realities. Our genetics limit our perception to 3 dimensions, within "time". Then there are the limits placed upon us by the interaction of higher selves with lower selves. 6D (realm of archetypes and pure forms) limits the structure of our being here (although in reality, infinite forms are possible). 5D determines lesson-plans, and so probably has influence on all kinds of things: specifics of physical form (body type, hereditary illnesses), emotional karma (past-life trauma), planned interactions (with karmically-linked people), major life events.

So in a realm where so much is determined for us, how can we have free will? I'd say that we are expressions of free will, i.e. at a higher level we have made choices to experience reality in a limited way. We have a certain degree of freedom in how we move and how we choose. I think Ra is right when they say that "the choice" is made long before it is consciously chosen. Perhaps it is chosen at a higher level, and we're only here to "re-member" what it is that we were and are. In a microcosm, we may be raised not to hurt others. Only when we have developed empathy do we KNOW why these things are taught. We then can choose to continue in a behavior that was automatic, but now conscious.

I don't think that saying that we as human beings on 3D Planet Earth are STS is necessarily contradicting the Ra material. 

Actually, it's implicitly stated in the Ra sessions when they talk about "graduation". They make the point that for a 3D being to achieve 4D STS they must progress to something like 95% STS, and to achieve STO, they must just cross the barrier of 50% STO. Anyone who has not graduated falls between 50% and 95% STS. Therefore everyone is STS, although some more than others.

Back
Top Bottom