Events in Russia

By the way, as for the tactical signs, I would like to add. It is unclear to me why Russian technology is indicated by the Latin symbols Z, V, N (the symbol O is also in Cyrillic). On the contrary, I would designate it with our letters. We have wonderful and unique ones: Ы, Ю, Ъ etc.
And so I just came up with the designation "ПЦ", which a Russian speaker will understand almost certainly and unambiguously, and an American will break his head. We have people here who are interested in the Russian language. I wonder if anyone will understand the meaning of this designation?:umm:

Кстати, что касается тактических знаков, хотел бы дополнить. Мне непонятно, почему Российская техника обозначается латинскими символами Z, V, N (символ О есть и в кириллице). Я бы наоборот обозначал бы нашими буквами. У нас есть замечательные и неповторимые: Ы, Ю, Ъ и т.д.
И вот я только что придумал обозначение "ПЦ", которое русскоязычный поймет почти наверняка и однозначно, а американец сломает себе голову. У нас тут есть люди, интересующиеся русским языком. Интересно, поймет ли кто-нибудь смысл этого обозначения?
Actually the new Russian symbol is the Ukrainian cross (ground troops) converted to a square, that invisibly contains the cross, intersected by an X in the same position with the swords on the Ukrainian symbol. I other words, friends, you are done!

There are plenty of symbols. Soldiers of the honour guard. Motorcyclists' motorcade, etc. This is not some Steinmeier or Von der Leyen on a side chair.
The symbolism of Putin's visit to China (VIDEO)

President Putin has arrived in Beijing on his first foreign visit since his re-election.

Before the start of the Russian-Chinese talks, an official meeting ceremony was held between the President of Russia and Chinese President Xi Jinping.

The head of the Kremlin's press service spoke about the topics of the talks between Putin and Xi Jinping: "Ukraine will definitely be discussed. In general, we welcome any peace initiatives, and Moscow, of course, is impressed by the Chinese side's vision of possible prospects, possible grounds for starting some attempts to resolve the situation."

About the symbolic component of Putin's visit to China that has begun.

This is the first trip after the inauguration. This is of great importance in international relations — leaders almost always go to their strategic partner to set priorities. Look at who went where, and a lot of things will become clearer. That is why, for example, Putin's visit to Turkey was postponed, and to China took place a week after taking office.
By the way, last autumn Xi Jinping did the same, which he himself stressed: "I am very pleased to visit Russia on a state visit, especially immediately after my next re-election as President of the People's Republic of China, and I chose Russia as the first country of my foreign visit."

This is a state visit. That is, the highest of all possible levels. This is possible only once during the entire current term of office. And if Putin immediately went with the trumps, this is also a serious sign.
The Chinese read all these signs perfectly and fully appreciate them.
https://rusvesna.su/news/1715837411

Символов предостаточно. Солдаты почетного караула. Кортеж мотоциклистов и т.д. Это вам не какой-нибудь Штайнмайер приехал или Фон дер Ляйен на приставном стульчике.

And so I just came up with the designation "ПЦ", which a Russian speaker will understand almost certainly and unambiguously, and an American will break his head. We have people here who are interested in the Russian language. I wonder if anyone will understand the meaning of this designation?
My first thought was of птица, or "bird", but somehow I think you had something more humorous in mind than that. 😄

Моей первой мыслью был "птица", но мне почему-то кажется, что ты имели в виду что-то более юмористическое. 😄

My first thought was of птица, or "bird", but somehow I think you had something more humorous in mind than that. 😄
The attempt is counted. Of course, as I thought, it is unsuccessful. I will not continue to intrigue.
In the Russian non normative language there is a word that denotes the final and irrevocable end. This word is very often used (for example, in daily videos about all kinds of strikes from both the Russian and Ukrainian sides, we are the same in this), but I will not quote it directly because of the abnormality.
I can compose some kind of anagram. There is a new word "пипец", which has about the same meaning, but it is not a profanity. So if in this word the second letter "п" is replaced with the letters "зд", then we will get the word we are looking for.

Попытка засчитана. Конечно, как я и думал, она неудачная. Не буду дальше интриговать.
В русском ненормативном языке есть слово, которое обозначает окончательный и бесповоротный конец. Слово это очень часто употребляется (например в ежедневных роликах о всякого рода ударах и с российской и с украинской стороны, в этом мы одинаковы), но я не стану его приводить прямо по причине ненормативности. Можно сочинить некую анаграмму. Есть новое слово "пипец", которое имеет примерно то же значение, но при этом не является ненормативным ругательством. Вот если в этом слове вторую букву "п" заменить буквами "зд", то мы получим искомое слово.

By the way, as for the tactical signs, I would like to add. It is unclear to me why Russian technology is indicated by the Latin symbols Z, V, N (the symbol O is also in Cyrillic). On the contrary, I would designate it with our letters. We have wonderful and unique ones: Ы, Ю, Ъ etc.
And so I just came up with the designation "ПЦ", which a Russian speaker will understand almost certainly and unambiguously, and an American will break his head. We have people here who are interested in the Russian language. I wonder if anyone will understand the meaning of this designation?:umm:

Кстати, что касается тактических знаков, хотел бы дополнить. Мне непонятно, почему Российская техника обозначается латинскими символами Z, V, N (символ О есть и в кириллице). Я бы наоборот обозначал бы нашими буквами. У нас есть замечательные и неповторимые: Ы, Ю, Ъ и т.д.
И вот я только что придумал обозначение "ПЦ", которое русскоязычный поймет почти наверняка и однозначно, а американец сломает себе голову. У нас тут есть люди, интересующиеся русским языком. Интересно, поймет ли кто-нибудь смысл этого обозначения?
We understand and we are imaginative enough to think what it is. But we are also decent enough not to tell it. Instead we ofer this explanation in english: "The bad person who looks like certain intimate part of the body of his mother's".

Or in american military slang: FUBAR.

"пиздец"
This brings back memories. Why is it that when you learn a language, any language coming to that, cuss words come in easily without any effort on one`s part :-D
Bingo!
I absolutely agree. I've noticed it a few times myself.

Instead we ofer this explanation in english: "The bad person who looks like certain intimate part of the body of his mother's".

Or in american military slang: FUBAR.
I have to make an amendment here. The word under discussion is inapplicable to any person. If you call a person by this word, then it just won't be in Russian. This word is used only in relation to some kind of process or condition. This word itself is masculine, i.e. "ПЦ" is him, not her, and has such a comprehensive meaning that it is used only in the singular. If this word is pronounced in the plural, then it will no longer be a swear word as such, but a joke using profanity. This word comes, as you rightly noted, from the "non-parliamentary" name of the intimate part of any mother's body, but then we must replace the last letters "ец" with the letter "a" and this word (it is feminine, which is logical) is quite applicable to a person.
Such are the nuances.

Бинго!
Я абсолютно согласен. Сам я тоже несколько раз замечал это.
Здесь я вынужден внести поправку. Обсуждаемое слово неприменимо по отношению к любому человеку. Если человека назвать этим словом, то это просто будет не по русски. Это слово применяется только по отношению к какому то процессу или состоянию. Само это слово мужского рода, т.е. "ПЦ" это он, а не она и имеет настолько всеобъемлющее значение, что применяется только в единственном числе. Если это слово произнести во множественном числе, то это уже будет не ругательство, как таковое, а шутка с использованием ненормативной лексики. Происходит это слово, как вы справедливо заметили, от "непарламентского" названия интимной части тела любой матери, но тогда мы должны последние буквы "ец" заменить буквой "а" и вот это слово (оно женского рода, что логично) вполне применимо по отношению к человеку.
Такие вот нюансы.

At times, similar physical looks might not be the only thing people have in common:

dfg.jpg

At the left is Alexander Suvorov. He was a Russian general and military theorist in the service of the Russian Empire. He is one of the foremost generals in all of military history, and considered the greatest military commander in Russian history. Suvorov was compared to Napoleon in military generalship. He went from a soldier-guardsman to generalissimo, took part in seven major wars of the Russian Empire. He was admired by his soldiers throughout his whole military life, and was respected for his honest service and truthfulness. Alexander Suvorov was consistently successful and lost not a battle.At the right is Andrei Belousov, a new Russian Defense Minister

In Russia, Suvorov is an icon of military art, an unsurpassed standard of a commander. Also in Russia, Suvorov will never be called a general, for us he is a generalissimo. Here is a short list of his titles and titles.
Generalissimo A.V. Suvorov Suvorov. Alexander Vasilyevich [13 (24).11.1730, Moscow, – 06 (18).05.1800, St. Petersburg], Russian military leader and commander, generalissimo (1799). Prince of Italy and Count of Rymnik, Field Marshal of the Austrian army, Grand Marshal of the Piedmontese troops, Count of the Holy Roman Empire, Hereditary Prince of the Sardinian Royal House. He was born in the family of General-in-chief and Senator V.I. Suvorov.
https://encyclopedia.mil.ru/encyclopedia/heroes/USSR/more.htm?id=11869041@morfHeroes

Of course, there are some similarities in the images presented, but there are many portraits of Suvorov and this similarity is not obvious in many of them.
Яндекс

For Belousov, a comparison with Suvorov would be a huge advance, and although I really wish Andrei Ramovich to justify such advances (albeit not in the sense of generalship, but in the sense of a statesman), it is too early to talk about it.

В России Суворов это икона воинского искусства, непревзойденный эталон полководца. Также в России Суворова никогда не назовут генералом, для нас он генералиссимус. Вот тут краткий перечень его титулов и званий.
Безусловно на представленных изображениях есть некоторое сходство, но есть много портретов Суворова и это сходство на многих из них неочевидно.
Для Белоусова сравнение с Суворовым было бы огромным авансом и хотя я очень желаю Андрею Рэмовичу оправдать такие авансы (пусть и не в смысле полководческого искусства, а в смысле государственного деятеля), пока говорить об этом рано.

How else can we tell "them" not to go where they don't need to?
Russia has begun the first stage of exercises on the use of nuclear weapons
The Russian Defense Ministry announced the start of exercises on the use of nuclear weapons
The first stage of the exercises on the use of non-strategic nuclear weapons has started in the Southern Military District. It involves the Iskander complex and Kinzhal hypersonic missiles. The reason was the "provocative statements and threats" of the West

The first stage of exercises has begun in the Southern Military District with practical work on the preparation and use of non-strategic nuclear weapons, the Ministry of Defense reports.

Currently, the military of the missile formations of this military district are working out "combat training tasks for obtaining special ammunition for the Iskander operational and tactical missile complex, as well as training to equip launch vehicles with nuclear ammunition. The personnel of the missile systems are practicing covert advance to the position area to prepare for missile launches.

The aviation forces involved in the exercises are practicing equipping air-launched missiles with nuclear warheads, including hypersonic Dagger missiles, as well as sorties to designated patrol areas.

As noted in the Ministry of Defense, the purpose of the exercises was "to maintain the readiness of personnel and equipment of units for the combat use of non-strategic nuclear weapons" to protect the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Russia "in response to provocative statements and threats by certain Westerners."

The maneuvers are led by the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces, and the corresponding instruction was given by President Vladimir Putin. The Ministry of Defense announced the start of preparations for the exercises on May 6. The Kremlin did not disclose their dates.

The Pentagon saw no reason to change the readiness of the US nuclear forces against the background of Russian exercises. The ministry is confident that Moscow has no plans to use nuclear weapons.
В России начали первый этап учений по применению ядерного оружия

Belarus has begun testing carriers of tactical nuclear weapons

The Armed forces of Belarus have begun checking the readiness of forces and means of tactical weapons carriers, according to the telegram channel of the Ministry of Defense.

"As part of this event, part of the aviation forces and assets were relocated to a spare airfield. With the subsequent relocation of the technical staff, we will begin to work out the preparation for the use of non—strategic nuclear weapons," said Major General Viktor Gulevich.

Belarusian Defense Minister Viktor Khrenin said that on May 7 he received an order from the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the republic to conduct a surprise inspection. He clarified that the Iskander operational and tactical complex division and a squadron of Su-25 aircraft will be ready to perform tasks.

"During it [the inspection], the entire range of measures from planning, preparation and use of strikes with tactical nuclear munitions will be checked," the Belarusian Defense Ministry quotes Khrenin as saying.

As the Secretary of State of the Security Council of the Republic Alexander Volfovich clarified, sudden inspections are the "most effective way" to improve the combat readiness of the army and are conditioned by the current military-political situation. "This test was planned against the background of activities carried out by our colleagues from the Russian Federation on the use of non—strategic nuclear weapons, and synchronized with them," BelTA quoted him as saying.
Белоруссия начала проверку носителей тактического ядерного оружия

Как еще "им" сказать, чтобы не лезли куда не надо?

In the Ukraine war thread, I posted the following, and @youlik suggested it go here.

"There was:
23 May, 2024 07:35
Another top Russian defense official arrested in corruption case – media
Lieutenant General Vadim Shamarin, the deputy chief of the General Staff, is reportedly suspected of taking a bribe
Another top Russian defense official arrested in corruption case – media

© Russian Defense Ministry
The Russian authorities have arrested Vadim Shamarin, the head of the Main Directorate of Communications at the Ministry of Defense, for alleged involvement in a bribery case, officials have told Russian media. Shamarin is the fourth senior Russian defense figure to have been arrested in criminal cases in the last two months.
Do you recall the Wagner protests in June of 2023? One of their complaints concerned the leadership of the Russian military. Having checked in on two allegedly Wagner-related TG channels, I noticed this latest announcement has been shared too. There are many likes, and where comments are possible, statements of appreciation, with one saying that volunteers are pleased to hear such news."

In the Ukraine war thread, I posted the following, and @youlik suggested it go here.

"There was:

Do you recall the Wagner protests in June of 2023? One of their complaints concerned the leadership of the Russian military. Having checked in on two allegedly Wagner-related TG channels, I noticed this latest announcement has been shared too. There are many likes, and where comments are possible, statements of appreciation, with one saying that volunteers are pleased to hear such news."

There are two additional very high ranking military people that have been arrested recently in russia:

This is not the first high-ranking arrest in the Russian military leadership in recent weeks. Deputy Defense Minister Timur Ivanov and Lieutenant General Yuri Kuznetsov, head of the Main Personnel Department of the Russian Defense Ministry, were also arrested. Both are accused of accepting bribes on a particularly large scale.

Maybe the shifting of Shoigu is in part because he wasn't keeping a close eye on his lieutenants' dealings and Putin decided after the election to put someone in who would keep a critical eye on the potential for corruption/graft.

Yeah, I think there is a good chance that it is no coincidence that the replacement of Shoigu happened in the same timeframe as all these other changes.

And here's another one. They did not specify the military rank, but the head of the Department of the Ministry of Defense is a general. He can be a colonel if he has just been appointed to a position and then he will not be one for long.
Security forces detained an officer of the State order Department of the Ministry of Defense
The employee of the Ministry of Defense Verteletsky was detained on suspicion of fraud

The head of the Department of the State Defense Order Vladimir Verteletsky was detained on suspicion of fraud on May 21, a source told RBC.

The interlocutor of Izvestia said that it was about taking a bribe. Earlier, military commanders, including Yuri Kotenok, reported on the detention of Verteletsky.

According to the telegram channel SHOT, Verteletsky gave a profitable government order to businessmen he knew, for which he received a car and a house, which he issued to relatives.

RBC has contacted the Investigative Committee for comment.
Силовики задержали офицера департамента госзаказа Минобороны

А вот еще. Не указали воинское звание, но начальник департамента МО это генерал. Может быть полковником, если его только что назначили на должность и то недолго он им будет.

Back
Top Bottom