Failures

Tigersoap said:
Do you want me to start a new thread about this subject ?
I don`t know what exactly you have in mind and how it would fit on the forum,
but yes, by all means, go ahead!

nemo said:
Tigersoap said:
Do you want me to start a new thread about this subject ?
I don`t know what exactly you have in mind and how it would fit on the forum,
but yes, by all means, go ahead!
Well it's a practical quick guide on how to promote yourself and find clients that I learned from professional illustrators (there are a few same tips that everyone agrees that it works to find jobs.) but at the same time, I think we can talk about how our creative work can be a source of self-observation materials osit.

I am putting it into shape before posting it.

I'm not sure how to respond to all that I've read in this thread, but it has certainly struck a chord. What I feel is that failure is a very very subjective assessment of where one is in their lives. And it seems to me to be where others or the larger society-better known as the Matrix- thinks we should be at a certain stage of our life, according to their timetable, or standards. And if one is not a college graduate at 23 years of age, or doesn't have a trade of some sorts, or isn't married and raising a family, or isn't earning a pile of money by a certain age, then we are judged to be a failure.
But, imo, this is all part of the lie.
But within all of us in this forum there is a need to know the truth, ie what is real. But in order to know what is real (the truth), we have to separate what is real from what is unreal (lies).
That is why we are all here, because we are searching for the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
And this searching process may involve discomfort: depression, loss of friends, relationships, status, income, to name just a few.
So let's not be too hard on ourselves and remember why we're going through what we're going through.
And stay involved through participating in the forum, reading Laura's books and the other suggested books and articles, contributing to sott, and not being too judgmental with ourselves and others.
I hope I've contributed to this thread in some small constructive way.
Thanks everyone.

"But within all of us in this forum there is a need to know the truth, ie what is real. But in order to know what is real (the truth), we have to separate what is real from what is unreal (lies).
That is why we are all here, because we are searching for the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
And this searching process may involve discomfort: depression, loss of friends, relationships, status, income, to name just a few.
So let's not be too hard on ourselves and remember why we're going through what we're going through."

I will remember this

A suggestion: Read W. Somerset Maugham's The Razor's Edge. It certainly explores this
subject.

j0da, thank you so much for starting this thread; what you wrote and the responses from Thomas C, Joe, nemo, anart, Tigersoap, Zadius Sky, ScioAgapeOmnis and others helped me so much I can’t even properly express it verbally. So thanks to all of you and this whole network. We can see how valuable it is to have such a network to help us in this most difficult Work. The support for our continuing the Work, combined with the impartial/objective feedback this network provides, really gives me hope that the chance of "success" is optimized.

But above all, for me, making the effort constantly is what matters most. Even if I don’t "succeed," I see this Work as the most valuable, important, and meaningful pursuit one could find in life. We should always try to remember that it is a process - an ongoing one - and we can only do what we can at our own level at each given moment; so it’s the maximum effort that counts. We can’t anticipate what the outcome will be. To always remember "All is Lessons" helps me immensely.

We all go through periods of depression, but this is part of the process. Life in general is filled with suffering but all of this suffering can lead also to learning. As a child is learning to walk, falling is part of the process. The child may feel hurt, think it is so unfair, be overwhelmed by frustration and pain, etc. But eventually the child learns to walk. Some children fall and experience more pain, suffering and struggle than others to learn to walk, but they will all learn to walk in their own way, at their own pace. No one else could do this for the child, the child has to do it for him/her self. After a child learns to walk, it never enters the child’s mind that it would have been better not to have fallen, not to have experienced pain and suffering, and never having learned to walk.

We are all like children learning to walk.

Speaking for myself, I have gone through the requisite "general moral bankruptcy" so that I value this Quest, this Work for Evolution more than anything else. Having looked at myself with sustained efforts, I have seen things that I do not wish to forget, no matter how painful. Evolution by definition has to be very difficult; there has to be super efforts made to overcome the resistance/obstacles to achieve evolution on any level. We are trying to achieve an Evolution to become True Men & Women from our current factitious existence as machines / mechanical exterior men & women / automatons.

I was feeling a certain vague depression in recent days (which coincided with SOTT being hacked / unavailable) because of the condition of those around me as well as my own condition and reading this thread really helped me immensely.

The hypothesis we are working with here has already given me (and many others here) empirical data about myself and my environment. I accept that I am currently STS, mechanical, and inconsistent. I am making my efforts to become and remain an STO candidate; at this point this is all I can do. I feel inexpressible gratitude for having SOTT/QFS/QFG/CASS network to help and I want to contribute all I can to this network as well. The Creative contribution made to humanity and the planet by the Administrators, Editors, Moderators, and Members of this exceptional network is truly unique. Laura, Ark, Joe, Henry, Scott, and many others have really come up with an ingenious way to help as many people as possible who are looking for this kind of invaluable support - really a whole new paradigm TO BE - without violating the free will of those who do not want or look for it. And we all know the enormous sacrifices they’ve all made for this truly singular Project. All of which is a huge inspiration to keep up our utmost efforts....

Since life, in general, is so full of suffering, we might as well suffer consciously for a reason: to learn, grow, develop, evolve to our ultimate potential.

This is very strange. My appologies for reserecting this if its not appropriate.
I was reading new posts on the forum as usual (without being logged in) and clicked on this (presuming it had been posted today as it was near the top of the list and I had not spotted the title earlier today), it just seemed so pertinent to my current situation and the threads on the forum recently that I was going to add

I just wanted to add my thanks here for this thread and many of the others over the last few days of people bearing themselves.
They have acted as a mirror to myself (Without even knowing how to ask the question in most cases) and I am emencly greatful.

Then I notice
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Huh? I could have sworn it was a 'new' topic. I've gone back to look serveral times and its not even on the first,second or third page!
I don't tend to look past page two of a forum section.....I am very confused as to how I got to a thread that hit all the neails on the head, matched to recent threads so closely under my normal just 'scanning' the new threads while not logged in.......and this thread doesn't show up until page 4? :huh:
Feel free to put me under baked noodles. I feel like I just fell down a rabbit hole.

*edit* Ok I feel dumb now.....got to it from here http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=9435.0

Back
Top Bottom