Financial decisions in the time of Economic Collapse

Sorry for your loss GqSoul. I hope you and your wife will be okay.

Option 2 sounds the most solid to me. I've been contemplating taking up a trade as well. One problem I thought of with carpentry is, a lot of the jobs in carpentry are in construction, which will ALSO take a major hit when housing prices drop. The drop in housing prices may be near or far down the road, due to the complexity of influences there. You will probably get a lot of personal use out of construction though either way though. That's all I came to say, heh. I'm still figuring a lot of things out as well.

Hey whitecoast,

Thanks for the sentiment. I appreciate your thoughts on the construction industry and how it is likely to be affected. If things get as bad as they can, I like the fact that learning a trade and working with the hands seems to connect to us to our creative problem solving functions. Exercising this pathway can only be a benefit when we are faced with new and challenging situations. It's really fun to learn and progress in the trade as well and I'll always have this increasingly broadening set of practical skills to rely on.

Back
Top Bottom