For those living in violent/dangerous cities/countries

Hi Tykes,

That sounds really terrifying. You can't move out until the end of the year? Isn't there a temporary option?

It does sound very harsh, Tykes. I think your assessment is probably right about the phone threat being dirty extortion.

I have the same question as Psyche. Not possible to relocate now/very soon?

If there is anything we might be able to help with, let us know ok?

When i read this kind of things i can't avoid feel myself impotent, because it looks like that there's nothing i can do about it, directly at least.

I want to say to all you guys, that you have all our support, we are with you, and you are in ours thoughts and prayers.

I don't know what is needed to finish with your situation, i mean in my point of view the humans that suffer this situation are more than the ones that hurt them, you need to be united and face together the problem, if you want to prevail it's the only way i can see right now.

If you go away the problems can follow you, when a place is abandoned the criminals could look for a new place to resume their activity.

Waiting for a global consciousness, sincerely:

pirataloko

Tykes said:
cubbex said:
Navigator said:
Hello,

I live in México. As you probably know, crime is on the rise. You can see in the news that hundreds of people are being murdered every week because of drug related violence. It has been hitting my hometown hard for a while and I am worried. Kidnappings an blackmail are the mark of the trade. México is number one in kidnappings and Ciudad Juarez, a border city, has been declared the most violent city in the world. My hometown isn't a big city and I know of awful things happening to good people everyday. But thinking of all of us living in latinamerica facing similiar things, I would like to ask the C's: "What can we do to protect ourselves"?
Hi, I live in Chihuahua Nuevo Casas Grandes

Here the things are hard, I agree with you because there is a lot of violence from people with more power than the president
Hi all, just an update. I´m really worried, more than ever about the situation of violence here in the city where me and my family live. Today i received a phone call in my house from someone who identified himself as a member of a very well known violent gang, this person call me by my name and told he knows where i live and work, and in short he has all the information (including photos) needed to do me so much harm and my family he says. Of course i suspected this was a case of nasty extorsion, i hang up the phone inmediately, but anyway i am worried bout my wife, since she stays alone in home until my mother gets back from work, i come home four hours later.

I really wish we could move right away from this situation (though it won´t be possible until the end of this year for), the life is simply unbearable here, for instance a couple of weeks ago, a complete family was murdered presumably by one of this gangs, but the way they commited this crime was beyond insanity, among the victims was a pregnant woman (eight months), they exposed the baby as "a warning" of what would happened to all their enemys. Horrible.

I knowo how you feel tykes, I have also received such menacing phone calls. The man on the other side of the line was saying something along the lines of: "Hello, I am a general of the such and such cartel, you have been doing phone calls to the police notifying our movements, we have three parked vehicles across your street ready to storm into your house, you have to give us money....".

I was paniking for a moment and then I presumed it was another of those extortion phone calls made from (here is a shocker) a prison! If you are an inmate and have enough money, you can buy a cellphone and start calling out every number in the book. This is of course a scare tactic to make you go and do a deposit to a bank, these guys settle for a few hundred dollars or even less.

Tykes, a question for you, is your phone listed on the yellow pages? if so, is your name the registrar? did the voice mention details of your whereabouts or your family?

Thank you all for the responses and sympathy. I´m still nervous but more calm.

Psyche said:
Hi Tykes,

That sounds really terrifying. You can't move out until the end of the year? Isn't there a temporary option?

I´m already searching for a place in another city, specially after this scary experience. Some members of my family recently moved, but for various reasons mainly financial
My mother, my wife and I had to stay here for a while. I think of course that given the situation i have to find the way to do it soon.

pirataloko said:
When i read this kind of things i can't avoid feel myself impotent, because it looks like that there's nothing i can do about it, directly at least.

I want to say to all you guys, that you have all our support, we are with you, and you are in ours thoughts and prayers.

I don't know what is needed to finish with your situation, i mean in my point of view the humans that suffer this situation are more than the ones that hurt them, you need to be united and face together the problem, if you want to prevail it's the only way i can see right now.

If you go away the problems can follow you, when a place is abandoned the criminals could look for a new place to resume their activity.

Waiting for a global consciousness, sincerely:

pirataloko

Thanks for your words Pirataloko

cholas said:
If there is anything we might be able to help with, let us know ok?

Very kind of your part cholas, but just to know that you all are here to listen and support means a lot to me, i think that it´s enough help.

Navigator said:
I knowo how you feel tykes, I have also received such menacing phone calls. The man on the other side of the line was saying something along the lines of: "Hello, I am a general of the such and such cartel, you have been doing phone calls to the police notifying our movements, we have three parked vehicles across your street ready to storm into your house, you have to give us money....".

I was paniking for a moment and then I presumed it was another of those extortion phone calls made from (here is a shocker) a prison! If you are an inmate and have enough money, you can buy a cellphone and start calling out every number in the book. This is of course a scare tactic to make you go and do a deposit to a bank, these guys settle for a few hundred dollars or even less.

Tykes, a question for you, is your phone listed on the yellow pages? if so, is your name the registrar? did the voice mention details of your whereabouts or your family?

That seems to be the case, after talking about it with friends and family most of them think that. Effectively my phone number is in the yellow pages and my name and address registered. The voce never mention any specifical detail about the information he have except for my address wich was the thing that freak me out because.

By the moment i just decided to take some security measures such as disconnect the phone and take my wife with a relative during the day so she can be safe while i´m in the job.

Thanks so much again for your support.

Tykes said:
cubbex said:
Navigator said:
Hello,

I live in México. As you probably know, crime is on the rise. You can see in the news that hundreds of people are being murdered every week because of drug related violence. It has been hitting my hometown hard for a while and I am worried. Kidnappings an blackmail are the mark of the trade. México is number one in kidnappings and Ciudad Juarez, a border city, has been declared the most violent city in the world. My hometown isn't a big city and I know of awful things happening to good people everyday. But thinking of all of us living in latinamerica facing similiar things, I would like to ask the C's: "What can we do to protect ourselves"?
Hi, I live in Chihuahua Nuevo Casas Grandes

Here the things are hard, I agree with you because there is a lot of violence from people with more power than the president
Hi all, just an update. I´m really worried, more than ever about the situation of violence here in the city where me and my family live. Today i received a phone call in my house from someone who identified himself as a member of a very well known violent gang, this person call me by my name and told he knows where i live and work, and in short he has all the information (including photos) needed to do me so much harm and my family he says. Of course i suspected this was a case of nasty extorsion, i hang up the phone inmediately, but anyway i am worried bout my wife, since she stays alone in home until my mother gets back from work, i come home four hours later.

I really wish we could move right away from this situation (though it won´t be possible until the end of this year for), the life is simply unbearable here, for instance a couple of weeks ago, a complete family was murdered presumably by one of this gangs, but the way they commited this crime was beyond insanity, among the victims was a pregnant woman (eight months), they exposed the baby as "a warning" of what would happened to all their enemys. Horrible.

Yeah I have read that,and it is not just the gangs, here is a lot of psychopaths, could you believe that a 2 months baby gets violated by her grandpa, come on what a heck is happening, a a guy full with drugs just kill a woman because she didn't want to attend him....

This place is weird, I don't know why I get here

Hi,

More than weird its bizarre, it is hell, but it is everywhere, in many parts of the world it is happening, blame the organized crime aka the psychopaths aka TPB.

Knowledge Protects, I was thinking about the Yellow Pages, almost everyone are in the Yellow Pages, and if they are not, they could be in the IFE and in other ID`s or bank Bills, credit cards, schools, cellulars, licence etc…. our personal information could be being sold right now to whomever, we know from the news the lists of personal ID have been sold and bought in recent times…

Remember, their purpose is that we live in a constant fear, we are neighborhood to USA, you think that because we are in a different country could be spare?...I don't. Our Judiciary System is beyond rotten. And I think many of you (Mexicans) already knew that.

I live in a too far corrupted country and many things beyond my comprehension happends, I was thinking as well “why I decided to come here?”…must be the karma, and also, maybe I need to know this things as horrible as they are, to comprehend other things in a non too far possible future…

My parents got some weird phone call a couple of months back, the guy was asking for money, he did not say that much, my father was the one who was giving him information, “Hi I am your relative that lives in USA”…and my father “ Ah, yes…Sutanito how are you”…etc., the next phone call: “I am your nephew Sutanito, remember me”… he was at the airport supposedly he was trying to introduce too much money into the country and whatever…with this kind of situations, your neurons don't work that well when there are family members in trouble … the phone call surely came form one of the jails in the country, fortunately, my parents did not have money, later they called their relatives and it was found out that the nephew in question did not even make a trip to Mexico, but from gang members, kind of a different problem, I have a relative with similar case, the thugs were asking for money or either happens, and that was here in Mexico City, he did pretty much the same, get out from his home with his family a couple of weeks and be more cautious.

mabar

Just hours ago I was on the street in my car, and at a stop point suddenly two guys in a SUV in front of me descended from the vehicle wearing masks and AK-47s. They were detaining a guy in front of them who was in another van. And a guy in the back seat of the SUV, also wearing a mask, opened partially the door and watch me, he then made signals to move forward, as in, "move along folks, nothing to see here". I felt the instant shock of fear, my heart went to my toes and I didn't know for a couple of seconds what to do. Then the green light was on, and me and another 20 vehicles waiting started to move.

That was terrifying, I got home and I had a headache, I have never seen the sicarios up close until now.

Navigator said:
Just hours ago I was on the street in my car, and at a stop point suddenly two guys in a SUV in front of me descended from the vehicle wearing masks and AK-47s. They were detaining a guy in front of them who was in another van. And a guy in the back seat of the SUV, also wearing a mask, opened partially the door and watch me, he then made signals to move forward, as in, "move along folks, nothing to see here". I felt the instant shock of fear, my heart went to my toes and I didn't know for a couple of seconds what to do. Then the green light was on, and me and another 20 vehicles waiting started to move.

That was terrifying, I got home and I had a headache, I have never seen the sicarios up close until now.
I have seen one day a dead guy, just 2 minutes before getting to home, there in a corner in a truck, blood and a corpse
It is just that, well, if you find a sicario you fear one, but before that, in my perspective, I do not fear them, you just have to know who you met in the streets

Back
Top Bottom