George Floyd's Death, Protests and Riots across the US

A sad turn of events but not unexpected. I"m sure, the people of Seattle are not pleased (once again) with their city council. On August 9 a protest against defunding the police was held in front of City Hall and they where ignored. We'll see how this works out with funding community services instead of police. A rapid decent to the bottom is my thought.

The chief of police has resigned.

Q13 reports, “the council on Monday approved proposals that would reduce the police department by up to 100 officers through layoffs and attrition. Chief Best was vocal in her oppostion to the cuts, which came after councilmembers pledged to redirect money from SPD to community programs amid calls from protesters in the wake of George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis.”

The budget cut will slash nearly $4 million from the department’s annual budget — and the councilmembers promised to cut even more in 2021. The 7-1 vote faced objections from the city’s police chief, mayor and the Seattle Police Officers’ Guild.

Social media radicalizes

I was watching youtube as I usually do, and it gets repetitive.

Youtube likes to recommend related content, so whatever you like to watch or subscribe to, they will serve up content based on what you watch.

So, its like you are served up content to a degree that it narrows your interests by providing you only content based on your interests - and skewed towards drawing you deeper than casual interest into fixation.

And everyone catches themselves in this rut of redundant information, and starts searching for other interests - they can determine that there is nothing being served up and move along.

We do it, and recognise when the content is unfruitful.

But is this why we have protests, riots, strife in recent years? People become social-media zombies and fixate on what is served up, and become radicalized by their own couch-potato-like indulgences?

I always catch myself getting too fixated on a subject and recognise I'm relying on a programming code to entertain me. And so I go into incognito mode, and this reveals to me how I'm being fixated into my own programming - facilitated by tech.

So, we fall into the trap of our own interests, combined with couch-potato laziness, we recognize this, and it isn't that big a deal, because we are cognizant of things involving mass-media. But is there a threshold?

Are some people drawn into mass-media, and because it is 'what you want', it is all the more effective? A type of self-programming where it matters not the subject, but the degree to which you fixate upon it. And in the fixation is a hold that is threatened by cognisance?

And so, these social-media, facebook legions are snared by the content served up to them - what they want - and are easily led by it: riots, looting, irrational behavior (crying because Hillary lost), virtue signaling, ect. And at heart they are good, well meaning people, but are radicalized and driven to frenzies by the narrow scope of their tech augmented fixations. Combine that with the economic situation a lot of people are in, and in their idleness, their susceptibility is further enhanced.

I know I am effected by fixation. Like the weather. Those weather videos are a spectacle to watch, and I'm sure a lot is tragic and real, but it won't get posted unless it's spectacular. And so I try to analyze them and they are always in specific circumstances. In mountainous areas with narrow streets, for example.

And I see forum posters that link to the same sources all the time - that doesn't mean anything necessarily, everyone has their favorites, but this is what we do.... some people like and patronize something on a cognizant level, some fixate on something on a zombie level, and we tend to give everyone the same credit we give ourselves, and it is often taken for granted. So we don't see a problem until people are looting the stores, people are bawling because of an election loss, ect.

So, we all can fall into this mental laziness and pull ourselves out, but some just fall into it, and it can be observed in their actions that they are in it. And I think it is a phenomena that comes and goes as people check themselves - and it takes longer for some than others. So, it is understood how programming acts upon our minds, and these radical times show how tech augments our fixations.

So you can understand this and exploit it, or you can understand it and impart knowledge of it. You can see the people with megaphones exploiting the phenomena - they understand and exploit. Shouting chants and slogans, directing their gazes at cognizance and order - with contempt.

I've started listening to Dr. Steve Turley recently and his take on the interesting current events occurring in the US. I have to skip over his introduction, which he repeats in all his videos I believe, about subscribing and buying his sponcers products or his book. He's also a little to cheery during the intro for my sensibilities so I skip ahead. There's my warning but he's good when he gets to the point.

In this video he's speaking about the anarchists beginning to trickle into the suburbs which as been noticed here. He speaks of 500 right wing militia groups around the country that are showing up armed ready to defend their towns and neighborhoods against the mob, the heroes of the suburbs. These groups are organizing, taking on more members and the police are giving their support. All these people are Trump supporters.

At the 8:40 mark he references an article by Dr. David Kilcullen written in The Australian, May 30, 2020, its behind a pay wall. Kilcullen speculated that if a civil war happened in the US it would be similar to the civil war which started in Bogata Colombia and lasted from 1948 to 1958. Riots in the city about class and racial strife spread out into the country side and where met by armed resistance. The 2 sides where exploited by the 2 governing bodies, liberal and conservative. The police joined the conservatives. The military finally intervened and established a coup. It does sound very similar to whats happening now, although it's limited at this time. Because of the similarities I wonder if there is more to the story.

How funny. I clicked on the link for his website on youtube and a pop up said that site was unsafe and I should leave! :shock: 🤪 I had to type it in myself to find it. Scary Steve!

Last edited:
People become social-media zombies and fixate on what is served up, and become radicalized by their own couch-potato-like indulgences?
So, its like you are served up content to a degree that it narrows your interests by providing you only content based on your interests - and skewed towards drawing you deeper than casual interest into fixation.
Are some people drawn into mass-media, and because it is 'what you want', it is all the more effective? A type of self-programming where it matters not the subject, but the degree to which you fixate upon it. And in the fixation is a hold that is threatened by cognisance?
And so, these social-media, facebook legions are snared by the content served up to them - what they want - and are easily led by it:
So, we all can fall into this mental laziness and pull ourselves out, but some just fall into it, and it can be observed in their actions that they are in it.
So you can understand this and exploit it, or you can understand it and impart knowledge of it.

I agree with what your saying here Metrist and we need to watch for these pullings into unhealthy fixations. This elaborate story is very intriguing and wants to pull us in totally. These quotes of yours made me think of a video that was posted recently of an elderly woman being harassed at a Portland riot. Look at the people surrounding her, what are they doing? One man makes a weak attempt to intervene but backs down quickly.

This is the new media and what people want to see, otherwise there wouldn't be so many there filming it. The woman and her tormentor are actors on the stage and are in the spot light. The reactions of the viewers are varied and unknown but the important thing here is, filming the event so others can see it. And there is the shallow fixation. No one stepped forward to actually help this woman because it wasn't important.

Portland Riots Go Up In Intensity On Wednesday Night — Federal Agents Reappear In A Big Way
Tuesday night there was a return to a relatively aggressive level of antagonism and response by the Portland Rioters and Portland Police Department.
But on Wednesday night the rioting involved a federal facility not in downtown Portland, but approximately two miles away near offices that house Immigration and Custom Enforcement — ICE. Federal agents were staged at that location, apparently have been made aware of the planned protest in the area of the facility.

Once the rioters targeted the federal facility, the agents made their presence known and put themselves in position to join the fray with the Portland PD.
There are numerous short videos in the linked Tweets. Perhaps the gloves are starting to come off.

EfoLy3tXgAI-p44.jpg

A black man fatally shoots a 5 year old white kid playing in the backyard. This happened a week ago and I heard and saw nothing about it in the MSM.

One of the youtube comments is spot on:

The fact that his mother had to justify that her 5 year old child wasn't a racist was the saddest thing from 2020 so far!

BLM don’t care about this murder because they are racists. BLM don't care because their true motive is to overtrow the American way of life and install a one party system.

The globalists have big plans for BLM and allied SJW hate groups that functions as their fifth column against the democratic West. (Or what is left of it)

What kind of people would do this! Thank goodness the police and fire services broke their way through and the child didn't die.

PURE EVIL: Police Chief Breaks Down After Describing How Richmond Leftist Rioters Torched Home with Children inside Then Blocked Fire Department

The chief of the Richmond, Virginia, police department told reporters Sunday that Black Lives Matter and antifa rioters set fire to a multi-family home with children inside and then blocking access for firefighters to get through to save the children.

Richmond Police Chief William Smith broke down while speaking about the horrible night of chaos after an occupied building was torched by rioters.

chief-william-smith-600x444.jpg

The chief of the Richmond, Virginia, police department said Sunday that rioters set fire to a multi-family home with a child inside while blocking access for firefighters to get through to save the child.

Richmond Police Chief William Smith: “One incident that is particularly poignant, that truly illustrates the seriousness of the issues we’re facing. Last night protesters intentionally set fire to an occupied building on [West] Broad Street. This is not the only occupied building that has been set fire to in the last two days. But they prohibited us from getting on the scene. We had to force our way to make a clear path for the fire department. The protesters intercepted the fire apparatus several blocks away with vehicles and blocked that fire department’s access to the structure fire. Inside that home was a child.”

The chief of the Richmond, Virginia, police department broke down while describing the horrific event in his city.
Don’t expect the mainstream media to carry this story.

For the record, police on the scene were able to save the children.

Ukraine based independent investigative reporter George Eliason published this report on Tuesday. A stunning report is indicating that the Obama administration imported foreign terrorists to the U.S. in preparation for the ANTIFA/Black Lives Matter uprising that is currently laying waste to America’s cities. The full report of Eliason is a Must Read.

SHOCK REPORT: Obama-Biden Administration Imported Foreign Terrorists to Bolster ANTIFA’s Ranks

This is the report of George Eliason
Chalupa’s Animal Farm| Why Blacks need to toss the skinny white Antifa terrorists

German ANTIFA ‘Coordinator’ Denies Coordinating ANTIFA In US…Then Reporter Shows Proof

Back
Top Bottom