George Floyd's Death, Protests and Riots across the US

Police Bodycam Footage Shows George Floyd Resisted Arrest For Over 8 Minutes And 22 Seconds
Bodycam footage of George Floyd's arrest by Minneapolis police -- which has been hidden from the public by Minneapolis Attorney General Keith Ellison for over 2 months -- was just leaked to the Daily Mail and it shows Floyd resisted arrest for over 8 minutes and 22 seconds, asked to be put on the ground and lied to police about not being high on drugs.

Floyd was acting weird and claiming he couldn't breathe before he was on the ground. Fentanyl?

This is the only footage I’ve seen of the arrest. He’s Obviously out of his mind on drugs and is panicking, its like he's killing himself with his own actions and is very afraid he's going to die. He had heart disease and was high on Fentanyl and Meth! What do you do in a case like this? Call the medics and that looks like it was done.

The Medical Examiner’s Report of George Floyd’s Death

Floyd was already experiencing breathing and cardiopulmonary arrest prior to police restraint.

From the little information we have, it seems that the police were careful with Floyd. They recognized that he was in trouble from drugs, called for medics, and used restraint to keep him still on his stomach. As far as I can ascertain, these are the prescribed procedures. The reason for Floyd being kept on his stomach is that “fentanyl’s effects include nausea” — Fentanyl DrugFacts | National Institute on Drug Abuse

A person on his back can choke on his own vomit.

Notice the fatal dose of the opioid fentanyl in the toxicology report:
Toxicology report

. Blood drug and novel psychoactive substances screens:

1. Fentanyl 11 ng/mL

2. Norfentanyl 5.6 ng/mL

3. 4-ANPP 0.65 ng/mL

4. Methamphetamine 19 ng/mL

5. 11-Hydroxy Delta-9 THC 1.2 ng/mL;

Delta-9 Carboxy THC 42 ng/mL; Delta-9 THC 2.9 ng/mL

6. Cotinine positive

7. Caffeine positive

Last edited:
A highly ironic video has surfaced of a stabbing that took place in Portland on Monday.
In the video, an anti-cop Antifa militant repeatedly cries out for someone to call the police after a small blonde woman stabbed one of their comrades.

Portland Antifa Cries Out For Police Assistance After Woman They Appeared to Be Harassing Stabs One of Them

Americans - Don't Ever Give Up Your Guns

Fabio Warns Americans "Don't You Ever Give Up Your Guns!"

George Floyd Body Cam Footage Is Out. The Story Is Far More Complicated Than Media Led Us To Believe.
As previously stated, none of this conclusively exonerates the officers of any and all wrongdoing, but it does establish a few facts that might mitigate their culpability:
  1. George Floyd was not fully cooperative and clearly intoxicated.
  2. The officers were calm and reasonable for most of the interaction.
  3. George Floyd claimed that he couldn’t breathe and was going to die well before he had a knee on his neck.
  4. The officers never did or said a single thing that any reasonable person could construe as racist.

Saw this in today's paper - really interesting and insightful:
A Brief History of ‘Karen’
In 1965, it was the third-most-popular baby name in the United States. In 2018, it was the 635th — and today it’s even less popular. How did Karens fall so far?
[...]

In 2020, Karen is no longer “an easy name.” Once popular for girls born in the 1960s, it then became a pseudonym for a middle-aged busybody with a blond choppy bob who asks to speak to the manager. Now, the moniker has most recently morphed into a symbol of racism and white privilege.

A “Karen” now roams restaurants and stores, often without a mask during this coronavirus era, spewing venom and calling the authorities to tattle, usually on people of color and often putting them in dangerous situations. And while this archetype had previously been called “Permit Patty” or “BBQ Becky,” “Karen” has stuck.

In fact, many news reports don’t even bother to use a woman’s actual given name. Whitefish Karen (named for her town in Montana) coughed on a couple when they called her out for not wearing a mask inside a grocery store. Kroger Karen, named after the supermarket chain, blocked an African-American mother’s car so the woman couldn’t leave the market’s parking lot. San Francisco Karen called the police on a Filipino man stenciling “Black Lives Matter” on his own property.

And, of course, the Queen of Karens — Amy Cooper, also known as Central Park Karen — threatened and fabricated accusations against a Black man after he politely asked her to put her dog on a leash, as park rules stated.

1596561770392.jpeg

For some women with the name Karen, these videos have made them outraged, of course, but also, at times, ashamed.
[...]

Karen Chang, a Bay Area resident who works in business management, had shrugged off early memes, but then the Amy Cooper video changed everything for her.

“It was very upsetting, but I would sacrifice my name for the visibility and awareness that incident generated,” said Ms. Chang, who is Asian-American. Indeed, she may do just that. She said she’s considering changing her name to “KC” after she and her fiancé eventually wed. “It has always been a term of endearment.”

Ms. Chang may be able to change her name, but if one San Francisco Board of Supervisors member, Shamann Walton, has his way, a version of “Karen” will be immortalized into city law.

In early July, Mr. Walton introduced the CAREN (Caution Against Racially Exploitative Non-Emergencies) Act (presumably he couldn’t come up with a suitable word that began with K). The bill would change the city’s code to punish people who call 911 and file false, racially biased complaints.

That’s a step too far for Karen Ortiz-Orband, a Boston-area nurse who is of Puerto Rican and Dominican descent. She supports the contents of the proposal, but emailed Mr. Walton’s office urging him to reconsider its title.

“I asked him to be mindful of the fact that there are women named Karen and people aren’t differentiating between the two. And by naming this bill as he has, he’s doing exactly what the metaphorical Karen is doing — creating an opportunity for discrimination,” said Ms. Ortiz-Orband, who is in her late 40s.

And before you think, “that’s so Karen to complain about CAREN,” Ms. Ortiz-Orband asks you to imagine if it were your name: “It’s one thing to make memes,” she said. “It’s another when you start applying it to laws. You’re villainizing a name that people actually have and you’re putting these people at risk. When a woman acts like that name, you should use her correct name.”

Karen Gormandy, a literary agent and arts studio manager in New York City, said she doesn’t take it personally when she hears her name used in these contexts, “because I assign that meme to white people. I’m totally disconnected from it. I’m on the receiving end of this misbehavior.” Ms. Gormandy, 61, said, “I feel as a person of color I don’t need to apologize and explain my name.”

The Origins of ‘Karen’
But why the name Karen?

Robin Queen, the chairwoman of the linguistics department at University of Michigan, has looked closely at this question and her exploration led her to, of all people, Dane Cook.

His 2005 comedy album contains a riff called “The Friend Nobody Likes”: “There is one person in a group of friends that nobody likes,” Mr. Cook says, using an expletive to emphasize how much they are, in fact, disliked. “They basically keep them there to hate their guts. When that person is not around the rest of your little base camp, your hobby is cutting that person down.” As an “example” of this person, he describes a woman named Karen.

Other antecedents include Amanda Seyfried’s vacant Karen in “Mean Girls,” who racistly spouts to Lindsay Lohan’s Cady: “If you’re from Africa, why are you white?” A parody account on Reddit from late 2017 based on the rants of a spurned husband is also often cited as an early driver, and highlights the sexism of the “Karen” trope.

Karen Grigsby Bates, the senior correspondent for the “Code Switch” podcast on NPR, said Karen’s roots are anchored deep in American folklore. Ms. Bates — who embarked on this research not because of her name, but because the phenomenon was “a convergence of gender, race, class, social upheaval and social media in this great big tornado” — pointed to the term “Miss Ann” from the antebellum and Jim Crow periods.

African-Americans used the term as code “to refer to these unreasonable white women,” Ms. Bates said. She described Miss Ann as “a woman who knew her place in society, was complicit in maintaining it, and who was at the upper end of the hierarchy. Even if she was a nice Miss Ann, she was still upholding this system that said: ‘White womanhood above all else, except white manhood.’”

Researchers also point to the demographic characteristics of the name Karen. According to Social Security data, Karen soared in popularity in the 1960s, peaking as the third-most-popular baby name of 1965, but never had a resurgence. The archetype is meant to evoke a woman of a certain age, but then again Linda, Cynthia or Susan would, too.

That’s where the Karen theories get geekily fascinating. Miriam Eckert, who has a Ph.D. in linguistics and lives in Boulder, Colo., said that the word “Karen” contains what’s known as a “voiceless plosive.”

“That’s the K sound at the beginning of the word,” Ms. Eckert said. “When you say some consonants, like K or a T, there’s a complete blockage of airflow and a sudden release — whereas a name like Cynthia has no stops at all. Karen is kind of a harsh sound that you can really spit out. And that aligns with the kind of person we are thinking of when we talk about a ‘Karen.’”

The Future of ‘Karen’
But will it always? In 2018 — the latest year for which data is available — Karen ranked as the 635th most popular girl’s name, alongside Elaine and Dallas. “Nobody is going to name their kid this now,” Ms. Gormandy said. “It’s just going to disappear and then somebody not knowing the history of any of this might decide it’s a cool name.”

Dr. Queen, the linguistics expert, agreed. “Maybe in 50 years or so it might come back.”

In the meantime, she thinks it could at some point fade from the lexicon. “The meaning gets so broad that it’s going to stop having the same power to make a particular critique,” she said, pointing to examples like “basic,” “hot mess” and “Negative Nancy” that faded from the lexicon.

As a moniker, she said, “I would be surprised to find it around a decade from now.”

That article has 442 comments! A sampling from the first few - who says words don't hurt:
Karen
Annapolis
Aug. 1
It makes me want to kill myself. I feel like a walking joke. How can I ever complain about anything? I won't give my name for restaurant seating or carry out any more. The last time I met a new person, they said "OH. Your NAME! That's TERRIBLE what's happened." Gee, thanks. I would gently ask people who Tweet it, say it, write it to think about what it would be like to be that person. I'm selling my stuff so in case I go through with it my family will not have to deal with it.
------
Sarah Spieldenner
Brooklyn
Aug. 1
One of the most damaging aspects of this harmful term is that that women who are the least like this stereotype are likely to fear most being labeled as such. It’s a term that won’t silence the people it’s aimed to silence. It will silence others. It intimidates the wrong people.
------
Jake
Manhattan
July 31
Argh. Enough with analyzing the pop-culture significance of a name that I’m not going to mention because I don’t want to be part of the problem. First of all let’s acknowledge that there is no male equivalent to said name. Second of all if there were, “Henry” would probably be pretty high up on the list. Think how you would feel if it was your first name being dissected with the ruthlessness of an American Studies midterm project. And after that, do everything the opposite of what you were going to do.
-------
Samantha
Los Angeles
July 31
The use of "Karen" is profoundly misogynistic. Sure any given day in the US, you can find a woman, any woman, behaving badly. But it's purely anecdotal. Women, even white women, hold substantially less power in the US, compared to men.
And of course we know the male equivalent is Ken.

I imagine a lot of 60s newborn girls were named Karen because who didn't love this Karen - a real sweetheart and an original Mouseketeer.

220px-The_Mickey_Mouse_Club_Mouseketeers_Karen_Pendleton_1956.jpg

We were all so innocent then and this little Karen epitomized that.

George Floyd Body Cam Footage Is Out.
From the article:
A medical examination performed by an examiner hired by Floyd’s family contradicted those findings, claiming that Floyd did in fact die of asphyxiation.
Paul Craig Roberts put out a challenge for anyone to find evidence that there was a second autopsy as he could find no trace of one himself.
July 7, 2020
There Is No Second Autopsy of George Floyd’s Death
Paul Craig Roberts

I have searched the Internet and cannot find the alleged second autopsy—the so-called “independent autopsy” hired by “George Floyd’s family.” I have no difficulty finding the official medical examiner’s report, but there is no sign of a second autopsy. Those of you who are convinced it exists please send me the URL. It will prove that you are a better Internet searcher than I am.

Based on the available information, the “second autopsy” consists of an assertion by CNN, a collection of liars that other presstitutes echo. Thus, the presstitutes created a non-existent “second autopsy” just as they created Russiagate and Russian bounties to the Taliban to kill American troops in Afganistan that President Trump allegedly refuses to do anything about. Precisely how does Trump do something about something that does not exist? Try to imagine people so stupid that the morons think the Taliban has to be paid by Russia to kill the American troops who are trying to occupy Afghanistan. The Taliban have been killing the US occupying troops for two decades! Why suddenly are Russian bounties necessary for the Taliban to kill US troops? It is just more concocted anti-Trump propaganda.

Similarly, how can a second autopsy that allegedly concludes that officer Chauvin murdered Floyd be refuted when no such autopsy exists?

What does exist is a twice fired former medical examiner, first fired by New York City and then by Suffold County, who serves as a hired gun to give inflamatory statements to the media in support of civil lawsuits for money. His name is Michael Baden.

Baden did no second autopsy. He viewed the video of officer Chauvin and gave his opinion that Chauvin killed Floyd by cutting off oxygen and blood to the brain. In this rhetorical footwork, he was aided by the rightwing idiot Sean Hannity on Fox News.

Nowhere in the media is there any mention of Floyd’s existing serious health conditions, his drug addiction, or the level of fentanyl in his blood that was in excess of a fatal dose. The medical examiner’s report has been ignored by the presstitute media and by public authorities including the prosecutor who indicted officer Chauvin.

The consequence of a fentanyl overdose is inability to breathe and heart attack. Look it up yourself. I have provided the link in previous columns, and here it is again – https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/fentanyl

Karen is kind of a harsh sound that you can really spit out. And that aligns with the kind of person we are thinking of when we talk about a ‘Karen.’
Another thought regarding Karen > Kare / Care / caren - carin' - caring. A Karen is a caring person by name.

So now it fits how this sweet name has been morphed into something ugly, hateful, and racist.

And then there's Ken - Barbie's perfect boyfriend > physically emasculated and ever ready to do whatever plastic, superficial Barbie wants. And that harsh K sound, too.

Ken > kin / family.

Last edited:
This is the only footage I’ve seen of the arrest. He’s Obviously out of his mind on drugs and is panicking, its like he's killing himself with his own actions and is very afraid he's going to die. He had heart disease and was high on Fentanyl and Meth! What do you do in a case like this? Call the medics and that looks like it was done.

The Medical Examiner’s Report of George Floyd’s Death

Floyd was already experiencing breathing and cardiopulmonary arrest prior to police restraint.

From the little information we have, it seems that the police were careful with Floyd. They recognized that he was in trouble from drugs, called for medics, and used restraint to keep him still on his stomach. As far as I can ascertain, these are the prescribed procedures. The reason for Floyd being kept on his stomach is that “fentanyl’s effects include nausea” — Fentanyl DrugFacts | National Institute on Drug Abuse

A person on his back can choke on his own vomit.

Notice the fatal dose of the opioid fentanyl in the toxicology report:
Toxicology report

. Blood drug and novel psychoactive substances screens:

1. Fentanyl 11 ng/mL

2. Norfentanyl 5.6 ng/mL

3. 4-ANPP 0.65 ng/mL

4. Methamphetamine 19 ng/mL

5. 11-Hydroxy Delta-9 THC 1.2 ng/mL;

Delta-9 Carboxy THC 42 ng/mL; Delta-9 THC 2.9 ng/mL

6. Cotinine positive

7. Caffeine positive

This doesn't bode well for any of us, especially in cities where the protests morphed from police reform to Marxist demands after the first week. BLM will double-down if the evidence shows Floyd had any culpability himself.

That said, it makes it even more egregious to me that Chauvin had his knee on him that long AFTER they determined he was in distress. Any way you cut it, Chauvin is boned. He may be sacrificed just to appease the vocal minority of "white saviors." Even if a jury would find him less than guilty of murder, I'm pretty certain there are already back room deals that he'll be charged with whatever calms the riots.

Also, wtf are they testing for cotinine for? Are cigarettes really that much of a factor that the coroner even cares?

From the little information we have, it seems that the police were careful with Floyd. They recognized that he was in trouble from drugs, called for medics, and used restraint to keep him still on his stomach. As far as I can ascertain, these are the prescribed procedures. The reason for Floyd being kept on his stomach is that “fentanyl’s effects include nausea”
This doesn't bode well for any of us, especially in cities where the protests morphed from police reform to Marxist demands after the first week. BLM will double-down if the evidence shows Floyd had any culpability himself.

That said, it makes it even more egregious to me that Chauvin had his knee on him that long AFTER they determined he was in distress. Any way you cut it, Chauvin is boned. He may be sacrificed just to appease the vocal minority of "white saviors." Even if a jury would find him less than guilty of murder, I'm pretty certain there are already back room deals that he'll be charged with whatever calms the riots.
If one looks at the actual facts rationally, then it's clear Floyd was not murdered, but died primarily from drugs plus bad heart. In fact, had he not garnered attention by the counterfeit bill, he may have died in his own car within the same time period as his arrest. It's my understanding that police are trained to recognize drug overdose signs, and such persons can become quite volatile with adrenaline(?) fueled super strength which then brings on the restraint training - knee on neck specifically. It does seem that the knee should have been removed sooner and certainly after Floyd lost consciousness.

None of the above is going to sit well with those who believe he was murdered. It will be a mayhem explosion all across the country (and elsewhere) if any verdict other than murder is decided.

Narrative Collapse: Media's Lies About George Floyd's Death Backfire After Video Leaked
The leaked footage of George Floyd's arrest shared by The Daily Mail has racked up over 2 million views on YouTube in one day and the overwhelming majority of comments are slamming the media for deceiving the public.

As I reported on Monday, the video -- which has been hidden from the public by Minneapolis Attorney General Keith Ellison for over 2 months -- shows Floyd:
  • Relentlessly resisted arrest
  • Said he couldn't breathe while standing up breathing
  • Refused to go into the police's SUV squad vehicle because he claimed he was "claustrophobic" even though he was seen sitting comfortably in his own SUV just minutes earlier
  • Asked police to place him on the ground
  • Lied and told police he was not on drugs despite being high on fentanyl (enough to kill a man) and testing positive for methamphetamine.
  • Lied and claimed his mother just died to try and avoid arrest even though she died two years earlier

I appreciate your contributions Ocean but where in this article did Putin say that Americans should not give up their arms? The Russian president rarely or ever comments on the internal affairs of what happens in another country. But perhaps I missed it and he said something along that line?

I appreciate your contributions Ocean but where in this article did Putin say that Americans should not give up their arms? The Russian president rarely or ever comments on the internal affairs of what happens in another country. But perhaps I missed it and he said something along that line?
Here is the correct link, got mixed up with all the links!

Portland Police East Precinct was attacked last night:

By 9:24 p.m., several vehicles associated with the group were also blocking traffic on Southeast 106th Avenue. A member in the group was seen attempting to tear the surveillance camera off of the front doors of East Precinct. Other people in the group began spray painting the camera as well as the front doors of the precinct. Lots of members of the group were seen wearing helmets and carrying shields.

At 9:33 p.m., Portland Police began making public address announcements, informing the crowd that criminal activity was occurring and if those in the crowd were there to peacefully protest, they needed to vacate the area immediately. The announcements were given several times, however, members in the group continued to tamper with the front doors of East Precinct. By 9:40 p.m., people began tearing off the boards that were protecting the glass windows of East Precinct. Several people in the group began to ram a large 2 by 4 piece of wood in to the front glass doors in an effort to shatter them. Other members of the group slammed different heavy large objects into the glass doors as well. The objects included large rocks.

Due to the ongoing criminal behavior, an unlawful assembly was declared at 9:45 p.m. Portland Police once again made public address announcements, telling the group to leave the area to the south. Most of the group continued to stay on Southeast 106th Avenue. By 9:50 p.m., those who had been destructing the East Precinct glass doors successfully cracked them, causing significant damage. Since serious ongoing criminal behavior continued, a riot was declared at 9:56 p.m. At 10 p.m., the front doors of East Precinct were barricaded and a fire was started using plywood and an accelerant.

At 10:06 p.m., officers began to disperse the crowd. While dispersing the crowd, officers were hit with projectiles and commercial grade fireworks. Because of life safety issues created by members in the group, CS gas and crowd control munitions were used. While dispersing efforts continued, a truck associated with the group attempted to run over several officers.

There are videos of it in this twitter thread:

Here is the correct link, got mixed up with all the links!

Are you sure you didn't make a mistake? The narrator of this video claims Putin said this in a speech. But where is the speech? Or did I miss something?

Back
Top Bottom