George Floyd's Death, Protests and Riots across the US

Apparently even BLM supporters don't have to kneel.

Miami Heat's Meyers Leonard chooses to stand during national anthem
"I [was] aware some of the backlash that could happen. I understand. However, I believe in my heart that I did the right thing," Leonard told Spears. "Our world right now is black and white. There is a line in the sand, and it says if I don't kneel, then I'm not with Black Lives Matter. That is not true."

Look at these Fabulous horses! So beautiful. Thats the way to get around if your a cop. Quite intimidating for the demonstrators, up close and personal. I'm impressed. Are these Clydesdale's

hmm, the video doesn't come up here, so disappointing.
Police horses are impressive and can be intimidating. I've been around them during protests and otherwise in the past. Weighing up to 1700 lbs (Portland horse patrol limit), people tend to get out of their way when they're used to push crowds — move or be crushed. I've seen them used pretty aggressively. Not sure what breeds were used. Not being a horse person, I'd presume not Clydesdales as they're draft horses — and I don't recollect ever seeing one. The Portland horse patrol was very popular with folks (at least those not protesting or being chased down). Mayor Ted Wheeler got rid of Portland's horse patrol in 2017. [Yeah, that Ted Wheeler.]

I'd presume not Clydesdales as they're draft horses
You are correct. Some may be half or part Clysdales. But they all look like heavy-bodied horses, maybe cold-blood-mixes (Cold-blood horses are used as work horses on farms of which Clysdales, Shires and Suffolk Punch are). I've never seen any mounted police on these types of horses, either. But, these could be a special unit used for crowd control.

You are correct. Some may be half or part Clysdales. But they all look like heavy-bodied horses, maybe cold-blood-mixes (Cold-blood horses are used as work horses on farms of which Clysdales, Shires and Suffolk Punch are). I've never seen any mounted police on these types of horses, either. But, these could be a special unit used for crowd control.

I couldn't identify the type of horse to save my life, but I do know these guys are a staple of Austin. Up to 2019 BC (before covid) they would be out downtown for sure every busy weekend night patrolling the areas of 6th street on the horses. Plus the normal foot and bicycle units.

Below is the vid from the article I posted about Columbus' mounted patrol - interesting the methods employed to prepare the horses for unusual, unruly conditions. From the article:

The horses also are great at clearing paths for emergency vehicles that might need to get through a large crowd.

“Seeing a 2,000-pound animal coming at you gets your attention,” Forsythe said. “Most people don’t want to get too close.”

The horses have been used for riot control during protests, as well as helping control crowds at Halloween celebrations at Ohio University in Athens, and at Mirror Lake celebrations at Ohio State University during Michigan Week.

Police Horses: Taking It to the Streets

Selecting Horses

You will find that most units have an older mount that they consider their “backbone”–a horse that has “been around the block” and steadies the other horses in difficult situations as well as trains the newest recruits. The problem facing most police units is that they have to take horses that have had other jobs first, then try to make them into police horses. Most of these horses come with physical problems that limited them in their previous jobs. Some are ex-racehorses or performance horses that didn’t have the speed/ability for the track or show ring, ended up with injuries that precluded racing/competing, or just got too old to compete or were not suitable for breeding (such as geldings).

None of these physical limitations actually preclude them from being excellent police mounts; it is the mental ability to handle the work that is the first limiting factor. The “sweetest” horse in the world might get tired of having people constantly trying to pet his nose. (Police horses can’t be allowed to nip; no hand-feeding for them!) The calmest mount you can imagine might become uncontrollable in the midst of a traffic jam or at a police scene with sirens blaring. The most solid horse on the trail string might not stand for gunfire or crowds of people surrounding him or being behind a band in a parade.

Many units use Quarter Horses, which are known for their easy gaits, gentle disposition, and versatility. Quarter Horses also are the most populous breed, making them easy to find anywhere in the country. Their size can be a plus and a limitation.

Officers want to be able to mount and dismount easily in any situation, but they also want a horse big enough to carry the weight of a large man who doesn’t dwarf the horse, and to present a formidable presence in a crowd situation. Some units only choose horses that are a minimum of 16 hands high; other units don’t care about size as long as the horse is physically and mentally capable of doing the job.

Some other choices that are becoming very popular as police mounts are draft crosses. While these horses have been used for a variety of purposes over the years, including fox hunting, shows, and pleasure, they have become more plentiful in the past decade because the pregnant mare urine (PMU) industry that provides the basic ingredient for women’s hormone replacement therapy breeds them.

Proponents of draft crosses cite their greater weight-carrying capabilities, while noting that many mounted police officers are men who weigh in excess of 200 pounds. The draft side offers a calm, trainable disposition with large, sturdy bone structure and good feet. The cross–whether Quarter Horse or Thoroughbred–often gives a little more “spark” to the draft disposition.
From wiki:
The United States Border Patrol had 200 horses in 2005. Most of these are employed along the U.S.-Mexico border. In Arizona, these animals are fed special processed feed pellets so that their wastes do not spread non-native plants in the national parks and wildlife areas they patrol.[11]

Many cities in the United States have mounted units, New York having one of the largest with 55 horses as of 2016,[12] but numerous mounted units were disbanded or downsized in the 2010s.[13] For example, units in Boston and San Diego were disbanded by 2011, while New York City’s mounted unit was reduced considerably over the last decade with 79 police officers and 60 horses in 2011 – down from the 130 officers and 125 horses it had before the downsizing.[1] Philadelphia's mounted police unit was disbanded in 2004, but reinstated in 2011 with four horses from the disbanding unit of Newark, New Jersey. The Houston, Texas Police Department's Mounted Patrol Unit was started in 1983 and now consists of 1 lieutenant, 4 sergeants and 24 officers. It has become increasingly well known due to the decision to remove the shoes of all its 38 mounted horses and embrace the concept of naturalizing their horses' diet and care.[14][15]
That last rather contradicts what the previous article states:

The feet of some horses–especially Quarter Horses and Thoroughbreds–can be a limiting factor. Police horses work hours each day on blacktop, get limited turnout, and usually have shoes equipped with traction devices (Borium or some other substance). While most of their work is standing or walking, they sometimes have to move at speed on treacherous, uneven, unforgiving surfaces.

Look at these Fabulous horses! So beautiful. Thats the way to get around if your a cop. Quite intimidating for the demonstrators, up close and personal. I'm impressed. Are these Clydesdale's

Hi SummeLite, yes mounted patrol horses are a great asset to the police force.
The horses in the video are not Clydesdales (Clydesdales are a British breed)
The Austin horses look like a mixed breed. More than likely a mix of Quarter Horse / Thorougbred.
I also saw some paint ponies in there.

I breed and race horses, but they are all Pure Arabians.

Funding for Soros driven (Open Society) Sunrise Movement who are poisoning our kid's minds.

Sunrise is active in our schools:

Dozens Of Public School Teachers Unmasked As Antifa Members
Purposely infiltrated into schools. Have you looked into the Sunrise movement?

The Sunrise Movement Preplanned The Minneapolis Riots, They Just Were Awaiting For A Trigger, To Initiate A Riot With Precision

New warnings:

Beautiful Portland....also a central hub for human trafficking.....just sayin'....Anyway, some say the violence and Antifa are a myth...(aka The Penguin)

Representative Jerry Nadler (Democrat for New York's 10th congressional district)
says Antifa and riots in Portland are a myth:

The video Chairman Nadler doesn't want you to see:

BLM is extorting business owners in Kentucky by demanding they 'hire Blacks' and 'buy from Black retailers'
The demands and an attached contract, which were created by local organizers and activists, ask NuLu business owners to:
  • Adequately represent the Black population of Louisville by having a minimum of 23% Black staff;
  • Purchase a minimum of 23% inventory from Black retailers or make a recurring monthly donation of 1.5% of net sales to a local Black nonprofit or organization;
  • Require diversity and inclusion training for all staff members on a bi-annual basis;
  • And display a visible sign that increases awareness and shows support for the reparations movement.
I'm posting this for folks that don't follow SOTT.

Portland Disbanded Police Gun Violence Unit On July 1, Finished Month With Most Homicides In 30+ Years
“Portland police are scrambling to respond to 15 homicides in the city so far in July. That’s the most killings in one month in more than three decades,” The Oregonian reported. “So far this year, 24 people have died in homicides in Portland.”
The Oregonian added that the city had seen a total of 63 shootings in July compared to 28 the year before. Police Chief Chuck Lovell noted late last week that “the bureau was forced to cut its Gun Violence Reduction Team at the direction of the City Council.”
This indirectly relates to the riots in that both situations are fueled by local government and its ideology (ignoring for a moment what may be driving this ideology). Both situations involve increased violence and the reduced safety of locals. Both seem to be pandering to forces seemingly intent on destroying cities. They're putting citizens in the postion of being threatened by authoritarian rule on one side and mob rule on the other.

Portland Disbanded Police Gun Violence Unit On July 1, Finished Month With Most Homicides In 30+ Years

This indirectly relates to the riots in that both situations are fueled by local government and its ideology (ignoring for a moment what may be driving this ideology). Both situations involve increased violence and the reduced safety of locals. Both seem to be pandering to forces seemingly intent on destroying cities. They're putting citizens in the postion of being threatened by authoritarian rule on one side and mob rule on the other.
From SOTT:

Back
Top Bottom