GERALD POLLACK: Electrically Structured Water

Thanks, Scottie: I have been trying to find a way to structure water here at home. I use distilled water in glass jugs so it should be pure enough.

And then to somehow test it. A person could go by how they feel, but this can be subjective and if I feel better after drinking it was it because it was structured or some other reason I feel bright on that given day? But how to determine if water structured by a home method is really "structured".

One suggestion was cooling the water to 39 degrees F. I have a refrigerator bottle and drinking the cool water does seem to give me a lift. But what about water for cooking or heated for tea?

A do it yourself structuring method would be interesting to experiment with.

Mac

Mr. Scott said:
In short, it appears that because of this structured water phenomenon, water is basically nature's energy converter.

Another interesting concept is that this may all relate to information... Bulk water is basically disordered. Structured water is essentially the 3D structure of ice, but flattened. Thus, it's more viscous than regular water, and it acts more like a gel. So, the creation of structured water would imply the imparting of information.

Interestingly enough, so would an impending ice age. Sometimes I wonder if Mother Nature isn't saying, "Oh yeah, you don't want to take in this information? Well, here... I'll give it to you in another form!" Well, that part is just my own Crazy Thought of the Day.

That doesn't seem so crazy to me, actually -- I think it's an idea worth following up on. Thanks for the partial summary, Mr. Scott -- I don't have this book yet, but I like Pollack's work quite a bit and eager to read more. I'm also interested in your opinion about Mae-wan Ho's work if/when you get to it, since she also does research on water and she and Pollack seem to admire each other's work.

For some reason, perhaps not related to this topic or
off topic, but "Thus, it's more viscous than regular water,
and it acts more like a gel" reminds me of Hagfish slime
shown on PBS Nova:

_http://www.thirteen.org/programs/nova/hagfish/ (preview)
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCMjfjUFPMQ (full)

The researcher obtained the dry compound derived from
hagfish that gelled/slimed water many times it's volume
and you could lift the slime/water out of the beaker!

I watched it again recently. This is mind-blowing. I really like Pollack. It's a shame that we're not being told anything about this in water treatment in college. None of my teachers have ever heard about this. I also feel that this discovery is extremely important.

I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with the process by which rain/snow is generated in clouds. We know that we need water vapor, relatively cool temperatures but also a condensation nuclei which adsorbs water and condense it. Now, if we think about cosmic particles (which could play a big role in precipitation) and think about the fact that these particles might be electrically charged, it gets even more interesting. Perhaps it is an electrical phenomena which causes rain/snow and that it all begins with the EZ layer and charge separation at a microscopic scale.

I don't know. Maybe this has been discussed already or maybe I'm way off. But when I think how ice forms according to Pollack (it starts with structured water which then acquires protons to re-arrange the lattice structure into solid ice), then I'm wondering if a similar process could happen when liquid water forms out of water vapor on a nuclei resulting in either rain or ice/snow.

Never mind my last question, I found information in another of Pollack's videos (posted below).

There's also an interesting phenomena which he shows at around 2:50 and it is that if you have 2 beakers containing water and an electrode close to each other and then apply a high voltage, a ''bridge'' of water will form between them which can be stretched to app. 4 cm (which is an incredible distance molecular-wise). This shows how different ''structured water'' behaves.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-T7tCMUDXU

Besides, FWIW, I found this little quote by the C's while looking for something else:

Session 10 January said:
Q: (L) Do we have a well, a usable well, on our property?

A: Usable for what?

Q: (L) For drinking water.

A: It is 260 feet to good drinking water. To get crystalline water.

Interesting considering the fact that we now know that ''structured water'' can be said to by a ''liquid crystal'' as Pollack would say.

FWIW, a new presentation by G. Pollack at the 2014 Electric Universe Conference has been put online here: _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1FYjZ77eew

He discusses the scientific culture today in general. Those who have read "How Einstein ruined Physics" may disagree with some details about the "paradigm shift" theoretical concept but the view on the effects of politics on research is interesting and fun IMHO.

JayMark said:
I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with the process by which rain/snow is generated in clouds. We know that we need water vapor, relatively cool temperatures but also a condensation nuclei which adsorbs water and condense it. Now, if we think about cosmic particles (which could play a big role in precipitation) and think about the fact that these particles might be electrically charged, it gets even more interesting. Perhaps it is an electrical phenomena which causes rain/snow and that it all begins with the EZ layer and charge separation at a microscopic scale.

I just had idea on this, perhaps the atmospheric charge puts the free water molecules into an EZ state from vapor, forming around condensation nuclei. Just like a motor (electric -> kinetic) can be "used in reverse" as a turbine (kinetic -> electric), it might be possible that EZ water, which creates a potential difference itself, can be formed, or least formed more easily, in the presence of electric charge.

I recently finished Gerald Pollack's "The Fourth Phase of Water" and all I can say is, what a read! This has definitely changed my view on how water behaves and the reasons behind most of the effects that we witness in nature. I definitely won't look at water the same way as I used to.

When thinking about the recent Solar Eclipse that was seen across Europe on 20th March, I couldn't help but wonder if the subsequent rise in sea level that was recorded in the North Atlantic the following day might have been caused by a change in EZ water (French coast hit with biggest tide of the century). The generally accepted theory behind this event is that the gravitational forces exerted from the alignment of the sun and the moon with respect to the Earth, pull the water closer towards the two celestial bodies and hence the water level rises. While I don't necessarily disagree with that, I think that there is an equally important force at play here.

In his book, Pollack shows how the surface of the sea also exhibits the same properties of EZ water, which in the case of oceans can be as deep as hundreds of metres. The EZ layer is fuelled by the radiant energy emitted predominantly by the sun. Now, during the solar eclipse, the moon covered between 80-100% of the sun in the North Sea and most of the North Atlantic, meaning that it was blocking almost all of the sun's rays, thus preventing the EZ water from absorbing the incoming infrared light which it uses to build itself up. As a consequence, part of the EZ water changed its structure and transformed into bulk water. Since bulk water is less dense than EZ water, the overall volume increased and the sea level subsequently rose.

Just my 2 cents.

Following the discussions about water in the recent session, I though I’d share an interesting study for a grant proposal looking at the suggested beneficial properties of EZ water on the body’s biological functioning.

The hypothesis proposed refers to the healing properties of heat and light on biological functions being due to EZ water. Based on the information available from other studies, the team would be set to show that an increase in heat or light on the body, both internally and externally, leads to EZ buildup which is the causative factor for the improved biological functioning subsequently observed from heat therapy (e.g. arthritis, muscle spasms, migraines and some cancers) and light exposure (e.g. dementia, bulimia, acne, ADD, Parkinson' disease and many more). This could also explain why cold-therapy can be effective against fighting viral and bacterial infections. Being subject to cold temperatures induces the body to heat up which generates the necessary energy for EZ water in the cells to build up, leading to improved functioning of protein folding, thus increasing the cell’s ability to respond to pathogens.

Below are excerpts from the proposal, which outlines the general properties of EZ water and some of its functions within the body.

University of Washington - Grant Proposal - EZ Water

Properties of EZ Water

EZ vs Salt
This large ordered zone (exclusion zone, i.e. EZ water) was seen in pure water, when salt was absent. It diminished substantially with the addition of salt: in concentrations similar to those found in cells, the ordered zone diminished to sizes comparable to those seen in the cell. (…) Among the rich harvest of experimental observations, we found that water orders next to numerous hydrophilic surfaces, but not at all next to hydrophobic surfaces. The ordered zone could extend sometimes even to hundreds of micrometers in salt-free water, but diminished to the nanometer scale in high-salt conditions similar to that of the cell (Zheng and Pollack, 2003).

EZ Negative Charge
Secondly, we found that the EZ generally has negative charge (Zheng et al., 2006). This charge builds as water molecules split into negative and positive constituents, OH- and positive protons. The negative components build the EZ; they create an ordered liquid-crystalline zone adjacent to the respective hydrophilic surface. The positively charged components exist in the form of hydronium ions (water plus proton), dispersed in the bulk water beyond the EZ (Chai et al., 2009). Because of this charge separation, this system has battery-like features, implying energy content.

The EZ’s negative charge arises from the “excess” oxygen atoms lying in each of the EZ’s honeycomb layers. (…) With relatively more electronegative oxygen atoms than neutral bulk water, the overall EZ bears net negative charge. One might say that the EZ is not truly “water” but another entity analogous to the hydronium ion. Hydronium ions and EZ water are both variants of H2O.

EZ density vs Bulk Water
Third, the density of EZ water is higher than that of bulk water. This comes about because charges in one honeycomb plane attract out-of-register opposite charges in the adjacent honeycomb plane, leading to a particularly dense structure. Based on refractive index measurements by other groups, EZ water density is approximately 1.1 times that of bulk water (Tychinsky, 2011; Bunkin et al., 2013). This feature is relevant because increased pressure is expected to shift the equilibrium from bulk water to the denser EZ water.

How is EZ water sustained?

Incident Radiant Energy (light) Drives Interfacial Water Buildup. Separated positive and negative charges will ordinarily recombine over time to annihilate one another. In the EZ system, however, electrical measurements show that this separation is maintained. The reason may be incident radiant energy: absorbed electromagnetic energy (light) sustains and expands the EZ, building order and separating charge (Chai et al., 2009). We found that all wavelengths, ranging from ultraviolet, to visible, to mid-infrared, increase EZ size, but most effective were the IR wavelengths that are strongly absorbed by water. Modest intensities, weak enough to cause less than 1° temperature increase in the experimental chamber, could greatly expand the EZ; hence, this energy- driven expansion appears as a non-thermal effect (Chai et al. 2009).

EZ Water, Protein dysfunction and pahologies

Cellular action occurs through the collective action of protein and water: as proteins fold, the interfacial water becomes transiently disordered, while subsequent unfolding brings reordering. If EZ water is central for folding, then long-term maintenance of EZ water must be critical for proper folding and function. Hence, any protein/EZ unit compromised by dysfunction or pathology requires EZ restoration to become functional. That is the central hypothesis on which this proposal builds.

EZ Water and Cellular Protein Functions - Proposal

It is known that without water, most macromolecules would collapse and precipitate; they could not function properly. This scientific premise underlies our hypothesis.

Many diseases have been recognized as dysfunctions of proteins or protein regulatory systems (Dobson, 2002; Wiggins et al., 2009). In this protein-centered framework, creating the dysfunction may involve two components: the protein, or the intimate EZ water that envelops the protein. Thus, a dysfunctional mitotic apparatus that endlessly drives cell division (cancer) may involve dysfunction not only in microtubules and motor proteins, but also of the surrounding EZ water. The state of interfacial water can be part of the problem — one that has received much less attention than the protein.

Reversing pathologies is a daunting task. Many approaches are palliative; i.e., drugs are given to reverse the effects of the pathology but not necessarily the cause. Depending on whether the cause lies with the protein or with the interfacial water, molecular hydration might alleviate the effects or perhaps even get to the root of the problem.

Stemming from our previous work aimed at characterizing EZ water, we recently began exploring a possible correlation between EZ water and biological function. In studies of muscle myofibrils using IR spectroscopy at the synchrotron beam line at UC Berkeley, we found that relaxed muscle contained mainly EZ (ice-like) water, while in contracting muscle the water transitioned to mainly bulk water (Yoo and Pollack, submitted). Thus, we could identify a change of state of water associated with functional state.

We also recently explored anesthetics — which compromise nerve function (and also unicellular organism function). Local and general anesthetics diminished EZ size. Lidocaine reversibly reduced EZ size in a dose-dependent manner; the dose required for achieving half-maximal size was ~0.6 mM, which is in the range of tissue concentrations for clinical application. Bupivacaine showed a 50% reduction of EZ size at ~0.2 mM. Similar reduction was seen with Isoflurane, a general inhalation anesthetic (Kundacina et al., submitted).

We also recently began studying agents that promote function (Kim and Pollack, in preparation). Aspirin promotes function by reducing fever, relieving pain, diminishing inflammation, etc. We found that aspirin substantially increased EZ size. The increase was as much as 300%.

(An aspirin sidelight: Aspirin reduces fever. Fever is associated with elevated temperature, which means increased generation of infrared energy. Infrared energy builds EZs. Therefore, by building EZs, fever may be one of nature’s internal ways of reversing dysfunction.)

All three types of experiments above show correlation between EZ size and biological function, and hence the possible biological relevance of EZ water. These preliminary results triggered the hypothesis that restoration of function might be brought about by manipulations of the water around malfunctioning proteins. One might call it a functional repair through EZ restoration. This hypothesis is warranted not only by the exploratory studies mentioned above, but also by the fact that many simple, traditional therapies include factors that were found to increase EZ size.

To wit, consider heat (infrared) and light — two forms of electromagnetic energy. Both build EZs (Chai et al., 2009); and both are used for therapeutic purposes. Heat therapy has broadly recognized therapeutic value for pain relief from arthritis, muscle spasms, and migraines; heat also combats edema, bursitis, fibromyalgia, and even some cancers. Light helps reverse depression and sleep disorders; and it is often used to treat dementia, bulimia, acne, juvenile jaundice, psoriasis, pre-menstrual pains (PMS), attention deficit disorder, bipolar disorders, high blood pressure, circadian disorders, pain, hair loss, reproductive disorders, Parkinson’s disease, and wounds (for a representative review on wound healing, see Peplow et al., 2012). Regarding depression, an interesting report is by Lam et al., (2006), a multi-center, double blind randomized controlled trial that found bright-light therapy to be equally effective as Prozac, with faster results and fewer side effects.

While all of this has been known for some time, our studies raise the new question whether heat and light exert their therapeutic effects through water: through the buildup of EZs. This is the hypothesis that we propose to investigate. Do heat, light, and several other agents affect biological function through a common mechanism of building EZ water? And, is EZ water buildup not merely correlative, but causal? Those are the questions we wish to answer.

And, if the answers turn out to be “yes,” then this research would lead naturally to the question of what is the detailed mechanism underlying this causal effect of EZ water buildup on function.

Given the latest Cs session and the very interesting information about water, I thought it an idea to bring up this thread again. I know there was an article posted on SoTT about Gerard Pollock's work some time back. I thought I would post this article from mercola.com, as it gives a very interesting synopsis of the Fourth Phase of water, and its importance in biological processes:

The Fourth phase of Water

Water is clearly one of the most important factors for your health—especially when you consider that your body actually consists of over 99 percent water molecules! I sincerely believe water is a really underappreciated part of the equation of optimal health.

I’ve previously interviewed Dr. Gerald Pollack, who is one of the leading premier research scientists in the world when it comes to understanding the physics of water, and what it means to your health.

Besides being a professor of bioengineering at the University of Washington, he’s also the founder and editor-in-chief of a scientific journal called Water, and has published many peer-reviewed scientific papers on this topic. He’s even received prestigious awards from the National Institutes of Health.

His book, The Fourth Phase of Water: Beyond Solid, Liquid, and Vapor, is a phenomenal read that is easy to understand even for the non-professional.

It clearly explains the theory of the fourth phase of water, which is nothing short of ground-breaking. The fourth phase of water is, in a nutshell, living water. It’s referred to as EZ water—EZ standing for “exclusion zone”—which has a negative charge. This water can hold energy, much like a battery, and can deliver energy too. For years, Dr. Pollack had researched muscles and how they contract, and it struck him as odd that the most common ideas about muscle contraction do not involve water, despite the fact that muscle tissue consists of 99 percent water molecules. How could it be that 99 percent of the molecules were ignored? How could it be that muscle contracts without involving the water in some way? These questions help catalyze his passionate investigation into water.

So You Think You Understand Water?

Gilbert Ling, who was a pioneer in this field, discovered that water in human cells is not ordinary water (H2O), but something far more structured and organized. “I began to think about water in the context of biology: if water inside the cell was ordered and structured and not bulk water or ordinary water as most biochemists and cell biologists think, then it is really important,” Dr. Pollack says.

Dr. Pollack’s book also touches on some of the most basic features of water, many of which are really not understood. For example, how does evaporation take place? Why does a tea kettle whistle? Also, despite the fact that conventional science tells us freezing is supposed to occur at zero degrees Celsius, experiments show that it can freeze in many different temperatures down to minus 50 degrees Celsius. There’s actually no one single freezing point for water! Other experiments show that the boiling point of 100 degrees Celsius (or 212 degrees Fahrenheit) does not always hold true either.

“There’s a famous website I put together by a British scientist, Martin Chaplin. Martin lists numerous anomalies associated with water,” Dr. Pollack says. “In other words, things that shouldn’t be according to what we know about water... The more anomalies we have, the more we begin to think that maybe there’s something fundamental about water that we really don’t know. That’s the core of what I’m trying to do. In our laboratory at the University of Washington, we’ve done many experiments over the last decade. These experiments have clearly shown the existence of this additional phase of water.”

The reason this fourth phase of water is called the exclusion zone or EZ is because the first thing Dr. Pollack’s team discovered is that it profoundly excludes things. Even small molecules are excluded from EZ water. Surprisingly, EZ water appears in great abundance, including inside most of your cells. Even your extracellular tissues are filled with this kind of water.

The Water in Your Cells Give Them Their Negative Charge

Other inherent differences between regular water and EZ water include its structure. Typical tap water is H2O but this fourth phase is not H2O; it’s actually H3O2. It’s also more viscous, more ordered, and more alkaline than regular water, and its optical properties are different. The refractive index of EZ water is about 10 percent higher than ordinary water. Its density is also about 10 percent higher, and it has a negative charge (negative electrical potential). This may provide the answer as to why human cells are negatively charged. Dr. Pollack explains:

“Everybody knows that the cell is negatively charged. If you insert an electrode into any of your cells, you’ll measure a negative electrical potential. The textbook says that the reason for this negative electrical potential has something to do with the membrane and the ion channels in the membrane. Oddly, if you look at a gel that has no membrane, you record much the same potential – 100 millivolts or 150 millivolts negative. The interior of the cell is much like a gel. It’s kind of surprising that something without a membrane yields the same electrical potential as the cell with a membrane. That raises the question: where does this negativity come from? Well, I think the negativity comes from the water, because the EZ water inside the cell has a negative charge. The same is true of the gel—the EZ water in the gel confers negativity. I think the cells are negatively charged because the water inside the cell is mainly EZ water and not neutral H2O.”

What Creates or Builds EZ Water?

One of the greatest surprises is that the key ingredient to create EZ water is light, i.e. electromagnetic energy, whether in the form of visible light, ultraviolet (UV) wavelengths and infrared wavelengths, which we’re surrounded by all the time. Infrared is the most powerful, particularly at wavelengths of approximately three micrometers, which is all around you. The EZ water can build on any hydrophilic or water-loving surface when infrared energy is available.

It builds by adding layer upon layer of EZ water, and can build millions of molecular layers. This is how it occurs in nature. For example, ice doesn’t form directly from ordinary H2O. It goes from regular water to EZ water to ice. And when you melt it, it goes from ice to EZ water to regular water. So EZ water is an intermediate state.

“Glacial melt is a perfect way to get EZ water. And a lot of people have known that this water is really good for your health,” Dr. Pollack says.

Testing water samples using a UV-visible spectrometer, which measures light absorption at different wavelengths, Dr. Pollack has discovered that in the UV region of 270 nanometers, just shy of the visible range, the EZ actually absorbs light. The more of the 270 nanometer light the water absorbs, the more EZ water the sample contains. EZ water appears to be quite stable. This means it can hold the structure, even if you leave it sitting around for some time. Water samples from the river Ganges and from the Lourdes in France have been measured, showing spikes in the 270 nanometer region, suggesting these “holy waters” contain high amounts of EZ water. According to Dr. Pollack, there’s compelling evidence that EZ water is indeed lifesaving...

EZ Cellular Water Helps Explain Health Benefits of Light and Heat Therapies

Heating equates to applying infrared energy, and Dr. Pollack has found that if you apply infrared, the EZ water builds and doesn’t diminish. The implications of this are profound when you consider the health benefits of sitting in an infrared sauna, for example. Essentially, one of the reasons why infrared saunas make you feel so good is because your body’s cells are deeply penetrated by infrared energy, which builds and stores EZ water. The same goes for light therapy, spending time in the sun, and laser therapy.

“There are various kinds of light therapy using different wavelengths. We found that all wavelengths – some in particular – of light, even weak light, build EZ. If EZ is critical for the health of your cells, which I think is clear, these therapies have a distinct physical chemical basis,” Dr. Pollack explains. EZ water also provides a mechanism that explains other biological mysteries. For example, Dr. Pollack describes another fascinating finding that further bolsters our understanding of the mechanism of action behind the health benefits of something as simple as exposing your body to the light and heat of the sun:

“We found that if we put a simple tube, like a straw, made of hydrophilic material, in water... there’s water flow through the tube at high speed. This happens spontaneously. But it shouldn’t happen spontaneously. The common idea is that if you want to drive fluid through a pipe or tube, you need to apply pressure. But we have no pressure here. There’s no pressure difference between the input and output. But flow builds up spontaneously, and it keeps going.

Recently, we found that if we add light, the flow goes faster. It means that light has a particular effect; especially ultraviolet light, but other wavelengths as well. It speeds up the flow. We think that somehow the exclusion zones (EZs) are involved because inside those tubes, there’s a little annular ring of exclusion zone, and inside that is an area full of protons... It seems that the exclusion zone and the pressure of these protons are driving the flow.” Now, let’s apply these mechanisms to your body. Your capillaries receive radiant energy from outside all the time. Energy is also received from the inside of your body, as metabolic reactions continuously generate heat or infrared. So the question is, is it possible that the flow of blood occurring through your capillaries is automatically enhanced by exposure to light? It appears the answer may be yes...

“This is an important issue because the capillaries are puzzling,” Dr. Pollack says. “They’re so small. Some of the capillaries are smaller in diameter than the red blood cells that pass through them. Any competent engineer would never build a pipe that’s smaller than the junk that’s supposed to go through. But nature, apparently, has done that... Now, that means there’s a lot of resistance. You need something to push those red blood cells through... One possibility is that the flow in your capillaries is aided by this kind of radiant energy... We’re starting to test this... It’s possible that your cardiovascular system is assisted by radiant energy in the same way that the flow in the tubes is assisted by radiant energy.”

One of the more interesting healing modalities I’ve been exploring lately is the use of a high-powered laser. The K-Laser also has frequencies in the infrared range, which can deeply penetrate tissue. This kind of laser therapy has shown to provide profound healing for many painful injuries in a very short amount of time—sometimes just minutes of treatment. While the benefits of laser therapy are thought to be due to its action on mitochondrial activity, it may very well be that the benefits are also related to “recharging” your damaged cells’ EZ water, as well as promoting increased capillary blood flow.

EZ water in your body also plays a role is in hyperbaric medicine, which is also good for injuries. In that case, your tissues are exposed to high oxygen under pressure.

“The results are in. We think we understand the mechanism as to why hyperbaric oxygen is so effective for wound healing... EZ water has a higher density than bulk water. If you take H2O and you put it under pressure, it should give you H3O2 because the EZ structure is denser than the H2O. We did the experiments and we found, indeed, that’s the case. If you put H2O under pressure, you get more EZ water.” The same goes for oxygen. EZ also has more oxygen than H2O, and when you increase oxygen content, you get more EZ water. So, hyperbaric treatment builds EZ water in your body, particularly in injured areas where EZ water is needed.

Alkalinity and Your Body’s Negative Charge May Be Critical for Health

I personally drink vortexed water nearly exclusively as I became a big fan of Viktor Schauberger who did much pioneering work on vortexing about a century ago. Dr. Pollack found that by creating a vortex in a glass of water, you’re putting more energy into it, thereby increasing EZ. According to Dr. Pollack, virtually ANY energy put into the water seems to create or build EZ water.

“We have looked at acoustic energy that seems to effect some change in the water. We’re still not sure exactly what. Vortexed water puts enormous energy into the water. There are several groups in Europe studying this phenomenon right now. “ As mentioned earlier, EZ water is alkaline and carries a negative charge. Maintaining this state of alkalinity and negative charge appears to be important for optimal health. Drinking water can be optimized in a variety of different ways, by injecting light energy or physical energy into the water by vortexing, for example. This is fairly easy using magnets. Reversing the vortex every few seconds may even create more energy.

Clearly, more research needs to be done in this area, but some is already underway. My own R&D team is working on a careful study in which we use vortexed water to grow sprouts, to evaluate the vitality and effectiveness of the water. As for a natural source of EZ water for drinking, an ideal source is glacial melt. Unfortunately, this is extremely inaccessible for most people. Another good source is water from deep sources, such as deep spring water. The deeper the better, as EZ water is created under pressure. Natural spring water is another excellent way to obtain this type of water and you can use FindaSpring.com2 to help you find one close to you.

Besides optimizing the water you drink, you can help generate an electron surplus, or support this negative charge within your body, simply by connecting to the Earth, which also has a negative charge. This is the basis of the earthing or grounding technique, which has been shown to have significant health benefits by allowing the transfer of negatively charged electrons from the ground into the soles of your feet. In a sense, it’s as though your cells are built like batteries that are naturally recharged by spending time outdoors—whether sunny or overcast, and walking barefoot, connecting to the negative charge of the earth!

“If you have an organ that’s not functioning well—for example, it’s lacking that negative charge—then the negative charge from the earth and... [drinking] EZ water can help restore that negativity. I’ve become convinced... that this negative charge is critical for healthy function,” Dr. Pollack says.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/08/18/exclusion-zone-water.aspx

There is so much to absorb here - that EZ water has an electrical charge, it is more 'alive' than just normal water, has energy & can deliver energy too, has memory (although not stated by Pollack). It would seem that to reinforce the electrical nature of the Universe, as well as the fact that FAR IR saunas are invaluable for maintaining health as that helps to build up EZ water. I have started reading Viktor Schauberger's profound works on living Energies and water. I will create a separate post, as I think he is truly worth a read.

Edit: Created a post on Victor Schauberger here

Here's an article with a nice illustration of water forming hexagons and helical structures. Pollack speculates that structured water would assist in the process of protein folding, and that most biologists focused on molecules and other components in cells, ignoring the properties of water inside the cells, which amount to the greatest percentage of the cell's composition. I thought it would be interesting to keep this subject in mind while we learn about molecular machines and Intelligent Design.

Professor Pollack's work provides sound theory that has practical application and provides new insights which can be observed in the real world. Professor Pollack demonstrates that water, under the right conditions can structure in hexagonal layers and that these layers are capable if stacking and forming structures.

Ancient_Wisdom_Modern_Science_.jpg

An earlier study done in 2008 at Harvard University provides clear visible evidence of this type of structuring through a photograph of this phenomenon using the electron diffraction method. Scientists at Harvard successfully photographed the hexagonal structuring of water. This picture without a doubt shows the water ordered in hexagonal structure.

With clear evidence fully in place by some of our highest and most credible institutions we can now look at things differently. Professor Gerald. H Pollack postulated the possibility of water, H2O molecules, stacking in helical arrangements, a structure favored by and used by nature itself in the formation of life as seen in DNA.

Another independent Laboratory in the United States, doing its own highly specialized research into the Nano structure of water provided the proof that helical structures were formed in nature by H2O and that these were solid and permanent. Photographs produced with an Atomic Force Microscope show an unmistakable double helix structure forming in threadlike objects, these objects created entirely out of H2O molecules. These stable water clusters do not disintegrate or melt even at the boiling temperatures, nor are they affected by being frozen or thawed. They are permanent hence they are called Stable Water Clusters.

Stable table Water Cluster photographed by D&Y laboratories with an Atomic Force Microscope. ELSEVIER, Physics Letters A Volume 373, Issue 42, 12 October 2009, Pages 3872-3876, Evidence for the existence of stable-water-clusters at room temperature and normal pressure.

Copper and water are mentioned in an interview with Pollack (posted here), and Viktor Schauberger mentions the use of copper with farming (thread here), and apparently in Ayurveda, copper is mentioned as the ideal vessel for drinking water.

Here's a snippet of the notes on copper from the Pollack interview:

Ionic Minerals: Zinc, Copper, Chromium, Selenium. I’m transitioning to using minerals in my water instead of supplementing. You want to put these minerals in your water. 15mg Zinc, 100mcg Chromium, .5 mg Copper and 100mcg selenium per 1 gallon of water.

Copper Water Bottle, Copper Pitcher, and Cups. I put water in here for storage.

-Vortex devices (especially copper ones) can help create EZ. Dr. Pollack uses one for himself.

A few of us wanted to try it out and were kindly gifted some copper cups but the question of how long the water needs to remain in the cup for it to be effective came up, so i had a look online and according to at least one site, based on Ayurveda, leaving the water in the cup overnight (8h hours in total) and drinking it first thing, and then one more time in the evening (i guess leaving it in for a similar time?) is sufficient.

https://vasantihealth.com/blogs/news/are-you-using-your-ayurveda-copper-water-vessel-correctly said:
Numerous studieshave yielded positive results for the effects of copper on a person health. Th U.S Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has even registered copper as the only solid material that kills bacteria and protects us from vulnerable health risks. These scientific facts, and the Indian Ayurveda tradition of drinking water stored in a copper vessel, such a copper Lota has brought many back to embracing the practice and reestablishing this daily routine.

The Science Behind The Ancient Indian Daily Routine of Using Copper Vessels

There is much science confirming the healthful benefits of copper. The shape, design, and material of a copper vessel plays a role in its health benefits. When you store water in a copper vessel such a copper Lota for at least 8 hours, copper ions dissolve in that water in small amounts. Termed as the Oligodynamic Effect, this water now has the potency to destroy harmful microbes, fungi, bacteria, etc.

This unique property of copper was recognized by the Vedic Indians. It was eventually incorporated into a daily practice based on the teachings of Ayurveda, and is now being cultivated by many cultures and growing in popularity around the world.

Tips On Drinking Water From A Copper Vessel, Correctly and Safely

The very first factor that could negatively affect your health is the quality of copper used in copper vessels. Make sure that whichever brand you choose has a rapport amongst the Ayurvedic community and is an authentic Ayurveda copper seller. If nto sure, ask questions before purchasing.

Before using the freshly bought copper vessel, such as a cup, lota, or water bottle, do not forget to rinse it thoroughly using a natural acidic solution such as lemon and water.

Fill the vessel or bottle with water for about 6-8 hours prior to initial consumption to allow the process of Oligodynamic to take place.

The best way to reap the benefits of this traditional practice is to fill the Ayurveda copper Lota, Cup, or Water Bottle with water at night, let it rest by your bedside so the water can get fully ionized, and then consume the water next morning.

Although there are numerous benefits, you don’t need to drink water from a copper vessels all day long. Twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening is enough. If you have a copper water bottle, you can choose to carry it all day and re-fill it regularly. This is not harmful and the copper bottle will continue to keep your water fresh and free of bacteria.

NOTE: An excess of anything is not well received by our bodies. This includes copper. Create a gap of one month after every three months of using the copper vessel. Changing your copper vessels after every three months of usage is also recommended but not necessary.

The claims made by creators of copper farming tools, following Schaubergers method is that, through some relationship with electric charge, it enables the soil to retain more water:
http://www.copper-garden-tools.ca/ said:
Benefits

PKS copper gardening tools are ideal for use in vegetable and flower gardens, raised flower beds, in vineyards and orchards, parks and open space areas. They combine functionality and elegance with especially advantageous material properties for gardening. In contrast with iron and steel, the most common metals used to produce garden tools, copper has a beneficial effect on the soil's water retention capacity, thereby contributing to the quality of the soil and its produce. The tools are not suitable for cultivating pristine terrain, for clearing trees, bushes and root systems or for use on very stony soils.

I had a quick look around to see if there was anything more about 4th phase water and copper but not much of interest turned up - only 3 pages in fact. I'll report back should there be any notable effects, but if anybody has any more info it'd be interesting to hear how exactly it's supposed to work.

Last edited:
Thanks for the inspiration, I just ordered a copper pitcher and jug on ebay, about 25 Euros.
Copper and water are mentioned in an interview with Pollack (posted here), and Viktor Schauberger mentions the use of copper with farming (thread here), and apparently in Ayurveda, copper is mentioned as the ideal vessel for drinking water.

Water looks more and more like the humble workhorse molecule which makes things happen in biological systems. For one, the molecule can shift, bend and stretch and is thus able to participate in arbitrarily complex structures. Here is an animation taken from an excellent, encyclopedic website by Martin Chaplin, visiting professor at London South Bank University and an expert in aqueous systems. (Water structure and science: Contents).

The GIF shows the shape-shifting properties of an H2O molecule.

Second, water molecules are in perpetual movement, and apparently not just due to Brownian (thermal) motion: A possible mechanism is explained here rd_2007en by the difference in vibration frequencies of H and O atoms. Another possible explanation via quantum mechanics has been put forward by the late Prof. Emilio Del Giudice, Italian theoretical physicist.
Del Giudice looks at the generally accepted idea in microbiology that enzyme molecules will fit a receptor site exactly, similar to how a certain key fits a certain lock only. According to the theory, encounters happen by chance. Del Giudice dismisses this as highly improbable if not impossible: there is no way that reactions would happen in any reasonable amount of time if encounters are only by chance.
Instead, he proposes that water molecules direct or pave the way so to speak, for enzymes to reach their destination. Mind boggling! Sorry I can’t find the video (in Italian).

Interesting discovery, yet again demonstrating just how much we have to learn about water. Chemists found that when water is sprayed as microdroplets it creates hydrogen peroxide (bleach). They think it occurs because "a strong electric field near the surface of water microdroplets in air triggers hydroxyl molecules to bind into hydrogen peroxide.". The researchers speculate that one possible application could be for cleaning.

Chemists discover water microdroplets spontaneously produce hydrogen peroxide

Stanford University
Science Daily
Mon, 26 Aug 2019 09:58 UTC

water droplet
Water is everywhere on Earth, but maybe that just gives it more space to hide its secrets. Its latest surprise, Stanford researchers report Aug. 26 in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, is that microscopic droplets of water spontaneously produce hydrogen peroxide.

The discovery could pave the way for greener ways to produce the molecule, a common bleaching agent and disinfectant, said Richard Zare, the Marguerite Blake Wilbur Professor in Natural Science and a professor of chemistry in the Stanford School of Humanities and Sciences.

"Water is one of the most commonly found materials, and it's been studied for years and years and you would think that there was nothing more to learn about this molecule. But here's yet another surprise," said Zare, who is also a member of Stanford Bio-X.

Richard Zare
© L.A. Cicero/Stanford University

Richard Zare and his lab have shown that water microdroplets spontaneously - and unexpectedly - produce hydrogen peroxide.
The discovery was made serendipitously while Zare and his lab were studying a new, more efficient way to create gold nanostructures in tiny water droplets known as microdroplets. To make those structures, the team added an additional molecule called a reducing agent. As a control test, Zare suggested seeing if they could create gold nanostructures without the reducing agent. Theoretically that should have been impossible, but it worked anyway -- hinting at an as yet undiscovered feature of microdroplet chemistry.

The team eventually traced those results to the presence of a molecule called hydroxyl -- a single hydrogen atom paired with an oxygen atom -- that can also act as a reducing agent.
That equally unexpected result led Katherine Walker, at the time a graduate student in Zare's lab, to wonder whether hydrogen peroxide -- a molecule with two hydrogen and two oxygen atoms -- was also present.

To find out, Zare, Walker, staff scientist Jae Kyoo Lee and colleagues conducted a series of tests, the simplest of which involved spraying ostensibly pure water microdroplets onto a surface treated so that it would turn blue in the presence of hydrogen peroxide -- and turn blue it did. Additional tests confirmed that water microdroplets spontaneously form hydrogen peroxide, that smaller microdroplets produced higher concentrations of the molecule, and that hydrogen peroxide was not lost when the microdroplets recombined into bulk water.

The researchers ruled out a number of possible explanations before arriving at what they argue is the most likely explanation for hydrogen peroxide's presence. They suggest that a strong electric field near the surface of water microdroplets in air triggers hydroxyl molecules to bind into hydrogen peroxide.

Although the results are something of a basic science curiosity, Zare said, they could have important practical consequences. Hydrogen peroxide is an important commercial and industrial chemical, most often manufactured through an ecologically unfriendly process. The new discovery could help make those methods greener, Zare said, and it could lead to simpler ways to disinfect surfaces -- simply spraying water microdroplets on a table or floor might be enough to clean it.

"I think it could be one of the most important things I've ever done," Zare said.

Story Source: Materials provided by Stanford University.

Journal Reference:
Jae Kyoo Lee, Katherine L. Walker, Hyun Soo Han, Jooyoun Kang, Fritz B. Prinz, Robert M. Waymouth, Hong Gil Nam, and Richard N. Zare. Spontaneous generation of hydrogen peroxide from aqueous microdroplets. PNAS, August 26, 2019 DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1911883116

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom