Graham Hancock

Re: Black Magic, Shamanism, Supernatural, Graham Hancock

Instrumental aggression is calculated violence, e.g. anything from mugging someone for their wallet to corporate manipulation and conflict creation. Reactive aggression is "emotional", usually a response to a perceived threat. While psychopaths use both instrumental AND reactive aggression (James Blair accounts for the former in amygdala dysfunction and the latter in frontal dysfunction, I believe), most other aggressive individuals are reactive. This can be caused by dysfunction in frontal cortex or basic threat circuitry (giving rise to PTSD and paranoia, for example). It's instrumental aggression that characterizes psychopaths (and probably "borderpaths" as well).

I'm reading the book now. It's nice to see all the connections between alien abduction, modern shamanism, and fairy faith spelled out so clearly. However, it's also clear now that modern, corrupted shamanism, is basically no different than New Age religion! It's basically just a different "program", and the shamans are just as duped by their "teachers". Hancock focuses on modern shamanism and assumes it is uncorrupted, projecting back its present sorry state into the past, which is a major assumption. Numerous times he points out how trance occurs naturally, yet he says they "probably" all used drugs... More thoughts as I get some time.

Approaching Infinity said:
I'm reading the book now. It's nice to see all the connections between alien abduction, modern shamanism, and fairy faith spelled out so clearly. However, it's also clear now that modern, corrupted shamanism, is basically no different than New Age religion! It's basically just a different "program", and the shamans are just as duped by their "teachers". Hancock focuses on modern shamanism and assumes it is uncorrupted, projecting back its present sorry state into the past, which is a major assumption. Numerous times he points out how trance occurs naturally, yet he says they "probably" all used drugs... More thoughts as I get some time.

Well, there are some issues with his connecting of fairy abductions to alien abductions too. I was reading last night and saw that it is not the same thing for a number of reasons. My problem is that I'm so darn busy right now that sitting down to transcribe a section and writing comments and supporting those comments with evidence is just impossible. Hopefully, I'll be able to squeeze in a bit later when I'm resting from my holiday labors.

Psyche said:
Biomast said:
One interesting thing about male-female difference is: Apart from the fact that there is two X chromosomes in females and can compensate MAOA-L variant in certain cases, this is what they say, and I found it interesting:

Of note, estrogens affect transcription of MAOA in brain, and sex hormone receptors are prominently expressed in amygdala, cingulate, and OFC.

I think something that MAOA-L hypothesis doesn't explain is the fact that psychopaths enjoy inflicting pain onto others, and they don't feel negative about their or others' emotions. They derive pleasure from negative emotions. So my humble hypothesis is that, their amygdala is somehow wired to pleasure pathways and when amygdala is activated, OFC and cingulate can't regulate it because of MAOA-L, but that doesn't cause lack of fear extinction, rather it causes lack of control and a sense of pleasure when they inflict pain onto others.

I don't know if somebody stated this elsewhere, I didn't go through the literature deeply, but that is what I think for now. What do you think, is it something to follow, or is it a dead end?

Interesting hypothesis, I say we keep our eyes and minds open for data, to see what comes out. If we network, we can start to see patterns and distinctions arising in the literature related to the garden variety of pathologicals.

I was thinking about this as well. This is only my opinion, but I also think the violent behavior of some psychopaths would be somehow linked to the pleasure centers. Perhaps the amygdala allows for the fearlessness required to perform the act while another area (nucleus accumbens?) is responsible for the pleasure felt not only while performing the act. The amygdala then again comes into play when the psychopath remembers the feelings associated with the act. Sort of like a symbiotic relationship?

I hope that makes sense as I don't have a scientific background and have also been struggling to understand some of the terms.

Laura said:

Well, there are some issues with his connecting of fairy abductions to alien abductions too. I was reading last night and saw that it is not the same thing for a number of reasons. My problem is that I'm so darn busy right now that sitting down to transcribe a section and writing comments and supporting those comments with evidence is just impossible. Hopefully, I'll be able to squeeze in a bit later when I'm resting from my holiday labors.

I absolutely agree AI. In my limited research into the similarities of various phenomenon (alien abductions/satanic abuse/military abductions/organized stalking/electronic harassment and the truman show syndrome), I currently believe that all of these are just variations of a program.

It would be interesting to see a timeline of all the various unusual experiences complete with their corresponding symptoms as I think it would enhance the picture.

From what I've seen so far, it seems that each version of the program (going from alien abductions to the more current experiences) seeks to promote within the mainstream public a paranoid disinformation campaign about different organizations or ideas (eg. aliens are benevolent, your government/military are attacking you, etc.). Each program, in my opinion, gets further away from the truth of what's really happening and seems to have ended up now with people blaming each other as opposed to seeking other answers.

I'm reading the book now. It's nice to see all the connections between alien abduction, modern shamanism, and fairy faith spelled out so clearly. However, it's also clear now that modern, corrupted shamanism, is basically no different than New Age religion! It's basically just a different "program", and the shamans are just as duped by their "teachers".

This comparison has come up for me many times reading this thread as well. And not just New Age religion, but supposedly traditional old religion, too- ie: Hindu & Buddhist and all variants thereof. Huge numbers of people have gotten swept up into 'spiritual' movements, practicing meditation techniques, repeating mantras, etc, with very little understanding or any objective knowledge about what exactly they are doing. Perhaps repeating over and over a mantra which is not clearly understood by the repeater, but translates to "I bow down to (fill in ancient 'god' of your choice)" is actually inviting some 4D STS force in for a meal! Just as people get swept up onto the hallucinogen wagon without thinking, many more have jumped into following teachings and practices of gurus and other so-called teachers without giving it much thought at all. And of course people are not exactly encouraged to develop criteria for making informed decisions about these matters. If it is relaxing (feels good), it must be good. If I had a vision, it must be expanding me. No small wonder so many people are hopelessly confused.

Indeed.

Well, I've about finished the book and frankly, he doesn't make a very good case. You see, I had the same idea at one point and that was the point at which I wrote "Aliens, Demons and Vampires".
http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/demons.htm

But something about it kept bothering me. As I continued to read cases I noted that past cases, right up to a certain point, were so varied that it was clear that there was some element of culture and even individual psychology involved. But at a certain point, the whole thing "homogenized" and this was puzzling. Hancock says that "the experience seems to be evolving." That's his solution for this disconnect. However, I addressed this in Secret History with a rather different take:

Secret History said:
We have already noted the fact that research in Electrical Stimulation of the brain could produce hallucinations. If you put hallucinations together with words, you can produce just about anything that you want in the way of “noise” to obscure the truth - including the “shape-shifting reptoids-as-humans,” or a “gray dude in the bathroom,” or a “Guardian Alliance,” or a “Nibiruan Council,” or an “Ashtar Command,” or talking whales and dolphins, etc. You name it - they can produce it via voices in the head and hallucinations and transmissions of frequencies that produce ecstatic states, healings, or whatever. And so it is that the human element of the Cosmic COINTELPRO operation manages their many “agents” of disinformation - pied pipers leading the masses of New Age seekers - so that whatever the real truth is remains their secret. And that’s exactly the way they want it.

Notice the dates in the above quote from Dolan’s book telling us that in the early 70s certain technologies were being developed that could “broadcast” signals over the entire nation. We certainly suspect that this technology was developed further in the subsequent years. The question is: what did they do with it? Better yet, what ARE they doing with it?

What strikes me as an essential turning point in this COINTELPRO operation was the beginning of the “expose” of two particular items that hold sway in certain “conspiracy” circles to this very day: Alien Abduction and Satanic Ritual Abuse.

The Gray alien scenario was “leaked” by Budd Hopkins. Whitley Strieber’s alien abduction books, including Communion, followed a few years after. Prior to the publication of these books, the ubiquitous “Gray aliens” had never been seen before. In fact, a review of the history of “contact” cases show that the type and variety and behavior of “aliens” around the world are quite different across the board. But, along came Budd, followed by Whitley and his glaring alien on the cover, and suddenly the Grays were everywhere.

In respect of Whitley and his Grays, allow me to emphasize one of Dolan’s comments quoted above: “By early 1969, teams within the CIA were running a number of bizarre experiments in mind control under the name Operation Often. In addition to the normal assortment of chemists, biologists, and conventional scientists, the operation employed psychics and experts in demonology.” This, of course, brings us to the parallel event of that period of time: Satanic ritual abuse. SRA is the name given to the allegedly systematic abuse of children (and others) by Satanists.

As it happens, keeping our timeline in mind, it was in the mid to late 1970s that the allegations of the existence of a “well-organized intergenerational satanic cult whose members sexually molest, torture and murder children across the United States” began to emerge in America. There was a panic regarding SRA triggered by a fictional book called Michelle Remembers. The book was published as fact but has subsequently been shown by at least three independent investigators to be a hoax. No hard evidence of Satanic Ritual Abuse in North America has ever been found, just as no hard evidence of abductions by Gray aliens has ever been found. Nevertheless, the allegations were widely publicized on radio and television talk shows, including Geraldo Rivera’s show.

Religious fundamentalists promoted the hysteria and, just as during the Inquisitions, endless self-proclaimed “moral entrepreneurs” both fed the fires of prosecution and earned a good living from it. Most of the early accusations of satanic ritual abuse were aimed at working-class people with limited resources, and with a few exceptions, the media and other groups that are ordinarily skeptical either remained silent or joined in the feeding frenzy of accusations. The few professionals who spoke out against the hysteria were systematically attacked and discredited by government agencies and private organizations.

The question has to be asked: If there are thousands of baseless accusations of SRA and thousands upon thousands of cases of unverifiable alien abductions, how do they originate?

Most of the SRA cases are said to originate with children. Since there is a widespread belief that children wouldn’t make up stories of eating other children or being forced to have sex with giraffes after flying in an airplane while they were supposed to be in day care, the stories are often taken at face value by naive prosecutors, therapists, police officers and parents. Researchers have found that children are unlikely to invent stories of satanic ritual abuse on their own. So, where do the stories come from?

Accusing the therapists, district attorneys, police and parents of inducing such stories from children doesn’t seem to be a very productive answer. Yes, it may happen in some cases, but certainly doesn’t seem likely in the vast number of cases.

Now, let’s go back and think about our timeline. As it happens, Michelle Remembers was published in 1980, co-written by Michelle Smith and Lawrence Pazder, M.D. Budd Hopkins finished Missing Time in December of 1980, with an “afterward” by Aphrodite Clamar, Ph.D.

It’s looking pretty “coincidental” from where I sit.

What occurs to me - putting the pieces of the puzzle together - is that there is some general kind of imagery being widely broadcast in the “neutral cavity” described above, and that it depends a lot on the individual and their cultural programming how it “takes.” When we consider the fact that Operation Often employed “the normal assortment of chemists, biologists, and conventional scientists” and “psychics and experts in demonology,” we begin to think that electronic COINTELPRO includes a whole supermarket of new “beliefs” - Gray aliens and “alien contacts” for the New Age crowd and a whole range of “sexual/ritual abuse scenarios” for those who are not open to the alien shtick.

Is the whole thing beamed out as some sort of “free-formal imaging,” and, based on the conscious acceptance of one or another version, it takes on its individual characteristics in the minds of the millions of recipients? In other words, is it picked up by the subconscious in alpha states or in sleep, perceived as traumatic in a general scenario that can then be interpreted by the individual belief systems in terms of either being examined and or sexually manipulated by aliens on a table or “raped on an altar” by Satanists? Are the public productions - books by Hopkins, Strieber, and the SRA scandals, just variations on the closing of the circuit by the conscious mind accepting or creating one or the other scenario as the explanation for the constant bombardment of such signals as described in Dolan’s book? Is it the job of COINTELPRO to create “bogus organizations” that produce various “explanations” to close the circuit and “make it real” in the person’s mind?

One has to wonder about the name of the program: Operation Often in terms of the claims of abductees - victims of repeated and “often” abductions - as well as the claims of those who suggest the SRA explanation. In either case, the believer is being “herded” into a “response camp” of either faith in alien saviors, or faith in Jesus to save them from the demonic/satanic Illuminati, Jews, Pagans - take your pick.

Let me make it clear that I am in no way suggesting that “abductions” or some whacked out satanic rituals do not ever take place somewhere, under some circumstances. What I am suggesting is that the Gray Alien and SRA phenomenon most certainly was not restricted in any way by COINTELPRO, and may indeed be the smoke and mirrors that hides a far more insidious state of affairs.

This last remark leads to another error in Hancock's take on the matter: he suggests that because the "fairy folk" no longer "keep" their abductees (which kind of contradicts his insistence that all this is just happening in the head), that this is another bit of evidence that the phenomenon is "evolving." If you consider what is written above as describing the "smoke" what could the fire be? I suggest it is that REAL abductions ARE continuing to take place and the phenomenon is only evolving in the sense that this is being covered up by fake/mental abduction scenarios as described above.

Now, we have discussed the abduction process with the Cs at some length and their answers have pretty much covered the gamut of the many and varied things that can be called "abduction experiences." They have also said that real, physical abductions, that are NOT military operations, generally result in the individual not "coming back." That fits, of course, with the fairy abduction scenarios. So there is a whole lot about this phenomenon that Hancock hasn't covered or considered.

But of course, he just blithely concludes that it's all shamanic, brain chemistry, and peeps were doing it back in the Paleolithic times and it's at the root of the "paranormal." The book is so simplistic and, for that reason, misleading, that it's a shame that it was even written.

Hi. I haven't read this thread yet. But was looking specifically for the views on magick ritual. Found the mirror mirror pages and have just started that. So much reading.
Thought I'd ask for either a link to a pertinent page which gets to the root of the matter. Or perhaps someone could type a few lines of the gist of the problem.

I'm well familiar with golden dawn ritual and it's decidedly masonic flavor. Superfluous pomp with an overdose on (comparative) symbol use. Yet it's also beautiful and can build a charge.
We've Theurgy and Thaumaturgy as the major approaches; based on intent.
Most everyone involved with this does realize much of it is superfluous, redundant and eventually becoming unnecessary.

Might there be a way to narrow or simplify this via an example? Say the well know LBRP. What might be the problem there (besides the fact that no one can agree to it's schematic meaning, still)? Now we know first hand that it can lead to problems. But things aren't as they appear.
Or perhaps the Abremalin Working, whick lasts six months and supposedly helps one connect with their "higher self". This term seems to have various labels and not sure if it's the same as the HGA.

One thing I should make clear, if possible, is that these dated approaches aren't strictly about looking without. These are all forces within...and without.
Which is the hermetic axiom I'm sure you've seen before. This to me, seems to be an obfuscating phrase concerning philosophical discussion!

If this is a kind of cutting in line forgive me and simply ignore the post. I'll read...

Azoth said:
I'm well familiar with golden dawn ritual and it's decidedly masonic flavor. Superfluous pomp with an overdose on (comparative) symbol use. Yet it's also beautiful and can build a charge.
Most everyone involved with this does realize much of it is superfluous, redundant and eventually becoming unnecessary.

Hi Azoth,

I am wondering why you would use magic for ?
for what purposes ?
What can you gain from such rituals ? that has always been beyond me.

Reading the whole thread might answer your questions.

Hi Azoth
You migth want to read 'MAGICK AND RITUAL AS A FALSE SYSTEM OF ESOTERIC WORK'
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=6873.msg67092#msg67092

Azoth said:
Thought I'd ask for either a link to a pertinent page which gets to the root of the matter. Or perhaps someone could type a few lines of the gist of the problem.

Might there be a way to narrow or simplify this via an example? Say the well know LBRP. What might be the problem there (besides the fact that no one can agree to it's schematic meaning, still)? Now we know first hand that it can lead to problems. But things aren't as they appear.
Or perhaps the Abremalin Working, whick lasts six months and supposedly helps one connect with their "higher self".

Well... If one wants their spirituality to be more than just self-calming, then one is approaching doing The Work. We use this term here as inspired by, but not based solely on, Gurdjieff. This means there is no "one size fits all" approach. If someone tells me without knowing me very well that I can do this or that for 6 months and get a particular result, then I have to believe they are either intentionally or unintentionally lying.

A harsh fact of life is that ignorant advice based on good intentions can engender as much harm as intentional maliciousness.

Furthermore, doing The Work is based on living one's everday life in highly conscious and prudent manner in our daily interactions with the world at large. Many of us have some very nuts-n-bolts tasks to accomplish before contemplating the esoteric is anything more than mental masturbation, and thus, you received a reply to your introduction with a massive reading list. In particular, I would direct your intention to the suggested books on psychology.

If I remember right, you have used the expression "spinning your wheels" a few times. Many of us who are "spinning our wheels" are doing so because we don't have a good grasp of our psychology as shaped by the ponerized world we live in. The psychology books are good modern descriptions of the forces that shape our interactions in the everyday world.

Perhaps some rituals were symbolic expressions of these same dynamics and the "cure" for them, but I personally need language I can identify with in a more concrete fashion. When I read these books, they were far more impactful on me than any amount of ritual I did in the past.

Still, intellectual knowledge is not always enough when we hit one of these energetic knots in our own psychology in some daily interaction. Luckily, Laura and the crew have discovered and fleshed out the meditational breathing exercises many of us practice here. Many of us are discovering along with our own shamanic experiences that these practices seem to construct a gap between our automatic responses and the actual moment of decision.

Although many threads here often morph from their original topic in beautiful and unexpected ways, I have a feeling your post could have been its own thread. Something like "What is the problem with ritual?" rather than inserting it in the middle of a rather specific thread. I could be wrong there though and don't want to come of as harsh because I am rather new here myself.

Thanks for the link. I get or remember the gist now.

Yes, magicK is more about archaic psychology. It's been too watered down. Perhaps, it's better to say an archaic psychology based on archaic astro/seasonal timings and or calendars.

I think there may be more influence from the PTB's machinery. Yes, there may be feeders, sts, op's and so forth.
But the elite have a well honed system of control/influence. They use technology, fraud and force mainly.
Every aspect of our lives have been touched by their $ystem. It's closer to home so to speak; if we were left to our own devices things might be different concerning higher order matters in general...

I think there needs to be separations as to ritual in itself, magick, spell casting, energy work and so forth. First of course is intent.

Seals, sigils, pentagrams, kameas, triangles of art, barbarous names of power, tetragrams, magick circle formulas etc., are a personal thing. They are focus aides first and foremost- as to codes. Ideas of innate power is more of a hollywood/christian propaganda thing (arms of their system).
Of course, this flies in the face of some schools. But most grimoires (if not all) were "cooked up".
At this time, I'd have to say that Invocational or Evocational magick is what folks here are referring to. Somewhat similar to channeling. You are opening yourself up... tho with protective focus aides mentioned above.
But this is simply one aspect of the art...

It's more about the manipulation of energy. Psychic (or perhaps polarized scalar) energy. Traditional ritual trappings are moot once you tune into the energies.
I don't feel one is opening themselves up to 4d sts by working directly with chi they themselves have built up. I'm not talking black magick here at all sorry.

There's also that distinction betwixt obe/projection and remote viewing.

But a spell for something can be done in one's mind alone. It's almost akin to the idea of visualizing a technique one wants to improve.
It's the counterpart of wishful thinking. You see and feel it, as being so. It is our natural ability to do this... Many folks have blocks, are undecided, conditioned...

I'm open to how 4d sts might somehow maneuver into this. If they can, this bodes ill for self healing on a subtle energetic level cause it's the same kinda thing. What about energy healing which uses basically the same energy and similar projection techniques for distant healing?

I'm also rereading R. Bruce's "Psychic Self Defense". "Neg" attacks? I won't go there but it's noteworthy to point out that running water is a good deterrent. This and a strong aura - which has it's own methods for strengthening, which can include ritual.
According to Bruce we've more than enough to worry about with the spectrum of traditional astral opportunists. I can't believe some of the stories... serious stuff. Kids seem to be open to attack more.

Well, practice the pentatonic scale everyday for 6 months and see what happens with it. :P

Say, have you folks determined where you are in all this? I went through this before here, plus I've read some of the Matrix books at trufax. We know Laura's thinking on that.
As far as I can tell, I might be somewhere around forming this magnetic center. I don't feel I go around trying to mimic anything - unless this includes an interest in this!
Seems to be unconscious processes at work.
Sorry, this needs to be a new thread. But pigeon holing may not be the way to view this. I think we each have a spectrum ourselves.

Say, have you folks determined where you are in all this?

Yeah. But I'm wondering if you want to be here if this is still where you're at, Azoth. Manipulating anything isn't what we do here, 'magical' or otherwise. That should have been clear first time around.

I went through this before here, plus I've read some of the Matrix books at trufax. We know Laura's thinking on that.

Who is this "We" you keep speaking of, precisely? And what did you learn from the first time you 'went through this here'? Because from what you've posted so far it seems you are still looking for some kind of formula to get a result. There are no shortcuts.

You are right of course, on all counts.

Hi Azoth,

what about trying EE, as suggested by Laura?
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=15498.msg127163#msg127163

Or, first, before trying, read the thread of other people's experiences. Compare those experiences to the shamanic initiations...

We do what works. It doesn't work the same for everyone, but I reckon it will optimize whatever you have!

Back
Top Bottom