Gregory James - Faux "Master"?

Hello X,

I appreciate you coming forward with more data that shows Gregory James for what he is. I'm sure it isn't easy to say what you did, but it could very well save people from his predations. If you read this full thread, you'll see that his true nature is seen by most readers of this forum. Hopefully some of the people currently embroiled in his manipulations will wake up and stop allowing him to prey on them. In the end, there's little you can do about that, but it's good that you have seen him for what he is and are doing what you can to tell others.

16. he told his students to stay away from the ones who say bad things about him since they are under hyperdimensional influences making them going against him

Hmm, Eimhin, interesting choice of a user name.
Not really too far from "I'm Him." That is, could it be Gregory G?

Hard to believe Eimhin just happened to accidentally stumble onto this thread about Gregory G without prior knowledge of it's existence.
Is the word getting what he's really all about and he's trying to do damage control?
fwiw.

Redrock12 said:
Hmm, Eimhin, interesting choice of a user name.
Not really too far from "I'm Him." That is, could it be Gregory G?

Nope. I don't think so. Eimhin is from Ireland. See:
_http://about.me/eimhin
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Pixh43ELY&list=UUSm8g6KDggn5l8kVqZ57UWA
_http://www.ministryofmanipulation.com/blog/kinaesthetics-and-body-object-manipulation-workshop-with-eimhin/

There is more on the net.

So he really did turn out to be a FAUX Master, after all. While I empathize with his victims, I'm kinda gobsmacked that he's so successful in manipulating and preying on so many people. From the brief experience when GJ was here, he gave me the impression of being rather inept in just about everything in quite an obvious way, and being all around a desperate character easy to spot. Again, not to take anything away from his victims, and no disrespect intended, but in the predator category, Gregory James brings to mind Elmer Fudd trying to hunt Bugs Bunny.

Hopefully with more word getting out of his predations, he will not be able to victims so many for much longer.

SeekinTruth said:
So he really did turn out to be a FAUX Master, after all. While I empathize with his victims, I'm kinda gobsmacked that he's so successful in manipulating and preying on so many people. From the brief experience when GJ was here, he gave me the impression of being rather inept in just about everything in quite an obvious way, and being all around a desperate character easy to spot. Again, not to take anything away from his victims, and no disrespect intended, but in the predator category, Gregory James brings to mind Elmer Fudd trying to hunt Bugs Bunny.

I think that may in large part be due to networking and knowledge of predation. A lack of either makes predators rather difficult to spot. Also, an Elmer Fudd type presentation IS an effective mask. Hitler was ridiculed and thought to be an awkward, bumbling fool, but look at the following he had.

Renaissance said:
SeekinTruth said:

I think that may in large part be due to networking and knowledge of predation. A lack of either makes predators rather difficult to spot. Also, an Elmer Fudd type presentation IS an effective mask. Hitler was ridiculed and thought to be an awkward, bumbling fool, but look at the following he had.

Very true. Hitler WAS taken as a clown for too long before it became clear of what kind of threat he and his inner circle and handlers were.

This topic is a particularly personal one for me, as I have experienced similar actions from a Yoga teacher. I since the experience did much research on these types of teachers and their cults.
So you have my support in bringing more people in to awareness of this man's conduct.
I have looked on the web page of his and already find startling resemblence to the elitism and cultish ways of the teacher I had. The silence from 5pm to next day sounds like a control tactic to me. The elitist, experienced students only at the front is another typical cultish practice.
Reading everything here also he does indeed sound like a predator/psychopath.
Some of what you mentioned here 'X' sounds very serious and could get this man into grave trouble if acted upon.
I have some questions to ask you to clarify things a little.

Firstly the girl that starved herself to death, was this whilst she was there at this temple? Do you know if it was reported? This could have serious consequences if true.
Much you have written is covered in cult systems. Here is a link to show you: _http://www.enlightened-spirituality.org/Warning_signs_of_dysfunctional_cults.html
Some other things that you have mentioned I am very curious to know more about.
First of which is point 5. 'he claims to have changed his ex girlfriend's Karma so that she can let him spend more time with his son'. I take it putting two and two together that point 7. he convinced one of his students to cross the border illegaly. now shes locked up in that country. he doesnt let her go anywhere and is using her for baby sitting his son) and point 5. Are connected? Meaning that he brought over an illegal immigrant from another country to help him be able to achieve and change this karmic path of his ex partner? Is this right?
If so this sounds absolutely absurd and harbouring an illegal immigrant, as well as intentionally helping one to leave their own country alone could get him into very serious trouble. Not to mention the girl. Did she go to this teacher knowing that she was going to be this baby sitter? Surely not. If he is a psychopath going only by what I have read, and experienced also he would have promised her much, and delivered only rations of what he promised. It is a concerning situation. Is she really stuck there? Do you know if she is happy or not? There is help if needed and if you want my personal opinion I think this amongst some other points you have made should be reported. As this could have serious consequences of the girls own fate.
And the ex partner did she have a say in all this or was it forced upon her?
I feel that all should be made very aware of what you have said here as it contains much serious and potentially devastating to all involved, including the teacher. Also knowledge is power. And truth is a freedom that we all deserve to hear.

Could you also tell me out of curiousity do the students act like it is shown in the cult group list.

Lastly on point 16. Mentioning whom to contact for the appropriate effect, his friends list is a good idea but you would have to have ample amount of proof to back it up. His community is also a very good idea, as well as going straight to his own master! Speaking of which. What are his thoughts on this whole fiasco? Surely some students have gone to him for help or advice on what to do?

I have asked many questions here, and I understand if they cannot all be answered. I went through this process with my own teacher and found it to be of very influental use in finding out all one can about this so called master of Tai Chi..

Blessings to you for your total courage for coming forward about this. I hope this will instill courage into more of his students to come forward and expose this man completely.

Ciou!

:)

Hi Everyone,

I know Gregory in that I currently work for the master from whom he received his Taichi master certification many years ago. I’ve worked there for 15 years and, although I haven’t seen him in four years, know Gregory somewhat as we were cohorts in training. He seemed a very intelligent, kind and dedicated person. He does have a certain self-confidence and enthusiasm that overwhelms and intimidates people at times, as I remember. I initially didn’t like him, but over the years, grew to admire him and see that he had a decent heart under albeit a “bit” of ego. I did see enough incidents of compassion and empathy that would disincline me to believe he was a psychopath. Although I only recently started following his blog in the last year, he seems to have a gift for writing and communicating the Tao and Taichi teachings he learned.

I answer all the email and phone calls to the school and our master, and we have received no complaints about Gregory at all of any kind in the many years since he left our school and went out on his own. Anyway, I had seen this thread last year, but only became alarmed when I was told about new allegations from a new poster (X). So I decided to do some research on this matter, because of course, such serious accusations are concerning - especially to me as I am a woman and study under his same master, and I know this is not in accord with any teaching from our school.

As background, our Taichi school is one of the oldest in the nation, and as such has graduated literally dozens of teachers, instructors, and masters who, like Gregory, have gone on to form their own schools, groups, temples, etc. We have no system or organizational involvement in what they do, and give them no outline, rules or business affiliation of any kind. Some stay in touch with our master, some don’t. We are no cult, so each is free to go their own way and use what they’ve learned in whatever way they see fit and are guided. We have members from all walks of life, all religions, and many of our students go on to do fine things and help many people learn Taichi and study deeper into Tao teachings. We have far more members teaching in church basements and at YMCAs around the country than we do people with larger groups, such as the one that Gregory has successfully founded.

We have no obligation or supervisory role over Gregory’s group, although we were very pleased when his group decided to build a temple in Central America. He and certain members of his group were actually given ordained titles and blessings from another highly respected and extremely virtuous master from Taiwan, who has been a temple monk for decades, and whom our own master knows and respects very much.

That’s why I wanted to dig further into this matter, because the contrast concerned me -- between the dark allegations vs. the positive reports from others, and the trust of our own master who even traveled to join the Taiwanese master to attend the ordaining and blessing for Gregory’s group’s new temple.

So after many days of communication around the world, via emails, etc.. many heated discussions (I was pretty alarmed and demanding when I called them, since even though we have no supervisory role or official business relationship, of course what they do affects the reputation of our master and school greatly.)

I would like to share with you a bit of what I have learned without violating any privacy of individuals to the best of my ability, and also share with you what I was able to mediate with their group with the permission of my master, in order to bring this dark cloud of an episode to what can hopefully be a close and settle any future controversy.

Let me first tell you that I am a the former head of an ethics organization that specialized in calling out government fraud and successfully legislating against conflicts of interest. I can prove that to whomever needs verification. I have written laws currently on the books defining improprieties and ethical conduct for elected officials. I am no shill, and no lightweight when it comes to alleged psychopaths and elusive behaviors of high profile individuals. I’m also no shirker when it comes to researching fraud.

When I called, Gregory’s group was trying to come to consensus on whether to initiate a slander lawsuit against "X" (who they all know). All members of the group sincerely denied all of the allegations, and painstakingly explained at length how they believe the facts got twisted, misunderstood, etc. They could not come to a consensus whether to initiate a lawsuit against X. This is because a few of the members still really like X and didn’t want to hurt her or her family situation by the embarrassment of a drawn out legal matter.

Because we are all spiritually oriented people, I helped persuade them to leave it alone and not pursue legal action, because in truth, the best way is forgiveness and allowing the higher forces of the universe to be the true court (and we all know that the wheel of karma may grind slow but it grinds exceedingly fine). Nevertheless I was holding Gregory and his group accountable for each and every accusation.

I suspected misunderstandings in X’s allegations because I knew undeniably that one of the milder accusations was false. Gregory did NOT give his assistant the title of Abbot. That title was a blessing given to this individual by the Taiwanese Taoist master, and Gregory had nothing to do with it. My master was there and watched the ceremony where this occurred. X was not there. So I could tag that one item right away as a falsehood. In fact, the Taiwanese Taoist gave each of the leaders in the group their Taoist names, and Abbot-ship is actually the main leadership role in a temple organization.

The other accusations took lengthy interviews to unravel. The group had many allegations against X that I don’t want to repeat here, because I am not here to drag anyone else through the mud on this. I reminded Gregory and his group (which did operate by consensus rather than dictatorship) that regardless if X’s allegations were 100% false in their mind, obviously there is at least one or more individuals -[ X and X’s unsubstantiated others} -- who have left with hurt, suspicions and confusion.

Of course any group, church, business, organization has a steady flow of people in and out, occasional conflicts, and the people who leave have their reasons. This group is no different.

Without going into specifics on each allegation, I would like to clarify that the individual who had the psychotic break - due to an existing condition - was cared for extensively, as the group dropped everything for a long period of time to take care of the individual, to make constant and regular contact with the individual’s family, and to gently and carefully facilitate his transportation back to his home country so that he could receive the medical attention that he needed. Incidentally, he is still invited back after recovery, if he wishes, which was made compassionately clear to him and his family.

Also, the individual in question who immigrated to Central America is a paid employee who specializes in childcare, and is very happy and can easily return home or to another country at any time.

The woman who starved was not an official student; although she followed some public sessions on occasion. Gregory was never in a relationship with her, and hadn’t had any contact with her in approximately 20 months. She did die a few months ago, due to a fasting practice gone wrong with another teacher elsewhere.

I could not find solid proof of any impropriety on Gregory’s part, as no one came forward with any specific accusations, and all seemed to support and like him very much in a genuine -- not forced way.

Additionally, Gregory never claimed to change people’s karma, nor split any souls, or do anything supernatural of any kind, except for his undeniable and affirmed skill in martial arts -- which is energetic in nature and can sometimes appear surreal. But in this practice, many energy and spiritual experiences do occur on their own.

The sexual exploitation issues simply cannot be substantiated. The females of the group denied all of X’s assertions and say there are no advances and no threatening emails. Adult lives can be complex and Gregory is not a celibate. None of the Tao teachings I’ve read require celibacy. The mother of his child, although no longer in a relationship with him, seems to be on good terms with Gregory. She assures me and others that he has never hit her or abused her in any way, although she does admit to sending an angry email during the height of their conflict while separating. Incidentally, her karma was not changed by Gregory, but through her own petition to a higher master in Asia, and she reports it’s for the better. That type of talk in our teaching simply means asking forgiveness for past wrongs to clear a new way in life. The child himself seems happy and in good health.

Here is the situation: The entire group, including Gregory, really wants to clear their name and reputation and were all eager and amenable to suggestions on how to move forward from here.

Here is what I mediated with them, with their full and voluntary participation: It was probably unwise to have so much organizational leadership appear to be in the hands of one individual. It is too hard for a person to function as a spiritual teacher and get involved with day to day details, finances, community management of a growing group of students in a residential setting, and meet the demands of fatherhood. The ‘one leader’ appearance also just begged for problems, misperceptions of power and feelings of resentment for people who can’t for whatever reason, trust or communicate well with that one leader.

So I suggested, and they all agreed -- including Gregory -- that the already evolving group structure be affirmed in more obvious ways. Five of his long time students and assistants do co-lead the group, (and titular headship of the community had already been designated to the Abbot last Fall.) All of these individuals have had extensive training in Taichi and Tao teachings, are honest, down-to-earth, impeccable individuals. Gregory remains in leadership as well, but primarily serves his post as an ordained Tao priest and spiritual leader to the group. He heads the temple aspect of the community, so that he can still teach and direct the community spiritually.

However, day to day finances, community problems, student living and consensus agreements are being handled by these other community members, not Gregory. Further, their posts and titles are confirmed, not by Gregory, but by the Taiwanese Master, as well as my own, who both know these individuals and feel they are qualified and responsible, sensitive people. With permission from my Master, I gave our blessing and advice that these five lead the community and organizational affairs of the group instead of Gregory. By consensus, the group agrees. This way there will be no room for any accusation that they are puppets of Gregory, as they will be spiritually responsible to the Tao, not to Gregory.

Additionally, one of these leaders is a strong yet gentle and well-liked female member. If for any reason a woman has a problem of a personal or sexual nature with any individual in the group (although again, these seem to be mostly misunderstanding and rumors from X and other disgruntled students who left long before, and stories have been mangled through retellings and grudge matches) they have another woman, or multiple leaders to choose from, to confide in about the situation.

If for some reason any truth was buried here, and I don’t feel it was, we have faith that this organizational arrangement will allow for time to clear away any mistruth.

Gregory says he feels no lasting resentment against this forum, but I’m the one reporting this because he also feels -- as do I -- that it is unproductive to get into any “he said - X said” debate which might develop. If X would like to continue to stand behind such allegations, or if people will come forward from X‘s shadows, then X should take this matter to court where Gregory would be happy to meet X, and is well informed of the laws by his attorney to that end. As I said, it was I who tried to steer the group away from taking X to court, because litigation is a crappy way to go, and believe me, in this situation, knowing what I now know about X and her family situation, nobody would likely win.

My role, my master’s role, our school’s role has only been to help mediate an unfortunate situation as an outside party. I offered voluntary suggestions, which their group agreed with out of respect and a humble urge to stay on a positive spiritual path, period. Nothing was “disciplinary” or forced. The group is on its own from here out, we can certainly counsel them, but they alone are responsible to continue from here the success and the wonderful growth in teaching that they have enjoyed. They are a very inspirational assembly of individuals.

I do not wish to discuss this any further on the internet. I am not part of your forum, although I respect what you do here, and wish you all continued clarity and success on your spiritual and personal journeys. But I did feel you would appreciate being apprised of this.

Sincerely,
Tracy Litsey
webmaster @ taichitaocenter.com

Mod's note: Personal email has been deleted.

Hello there Tracy,
Given all the evidence that you have given, everything seems legit.
However, in the past we had a very similar story with our Yoga teacher whom was accused of sexual abuse by numerous students, me included. He has denied all such allegations, but we know they are true as they happened to us personally. But as the other girls are also too afraid to come forward and saying anything against him in fear of what he may do.
I personally would like to take said teacher to court but I am too afraid to do this.
I find this really hurtful especially for the ones that may have been hurt by this man. He also has students that are willing to lie and cover up for him, maybe they are actually afraid of him as we are of my fomer yoga teacher?
How do you really know? If you did not experience this first hand?
Who are you to believe the accused or the accuser?
You do not know what really goes on behind closed doors. I did with my group, he was clever at hiding his exploits and highly manipulative. Whilst the Tai Chi is no cult I believe that a single group can be formed in such a way that emmulates a cult by thier actions etc.
In my opinion and first hand experience there will be much truth in what 'X' has allegated, albiet in a twisted form but some truth nonetheless.

Finally, if indeed what has been allegated by 'X' and other women on here, and all other posts against this man be true then this will not go away in a hurry, as there will always be more that come out and have the courage to act out against these teachers whom exploit thier positions and get away with it. They cannot get away wih it. The truth always comes out in the end, you cannot hide from it. Law suit or no law suit, allegation or no alllegation.
The truth is the truth, and I sincerely hope that the women that have been mentioned in 'X's posts and latter posts have the courage to come forward regardless of the threats of law suits.

The truth always comes out in the end, you cannot hide from it. Law suit or no law suit, allegation or no alllegation.
The truth is the truth.
Hide all you want, it willl find you in the end.

Yours sincerely

Tripitaka

Tripitaka said:
Hello there Tracy,
Given all the evidence that you have given, everything seems legit.
However, in the past we had a very similar story with our Yoga teacher whom was accused of sexual abuse by numerous students, me included. He has denied all such allegations, but we know they are true as they happened to us personally. But as the other girls are also too afraid to come forward and saying anything against him in fear of what he may do.
I personally would like to take said teacher to court but I am too afraid to do this.
I find this really hurtful especially for the ones that may have been hurt by this man. He also has students that are willing to lie and cover up for him, maybe they are actually afraid of him as we are of my fomer yoga teacher?
How do you really know? If you did not experience this first hand?
Who are you to believe the accused or the accuser?
You do not know what really goes on behind closed doors. I did with my group, he was clever at hiding his exploits and highly manipulative. Whilst the Tai Chi is no cult I believe that a single group can be formed in such a way that emmulates a cult by thier actions etc.
In my opinion and first hand experience there will be much truth in what 'X' has allegated, albiet in a twisted form but some truth nonetheless.

Finally, if indeed what has been allegated by 'X' and other women on here, and all other posts against this man be true then this will not go away in a hurry, as there will always be more that come out and have the courage to act out against these teachers whom exploit thier positions and get away with it. They cannot get away wih it. The truth always comes out in the end, you cannot hide from it. Law suit or no law suit, allegation or no alllegation.
The truth is the truth, and I sincerely hope that the women that have been mentioned in 'X's posts and latter posts have the courage to come forward regardless of the threats of law suits.

The truth always comes out in the end, you cannot hide from it. Law suit or no law suit, allegation or no alllegation.
The truth is the truth.
Hide all you want, it willl find you in the end.

Yours sincerely

Tripitaka

I agree with you, Tripikata.

But I saw no 'evidence' in Tracy's post. All I saw was a flexing of muscle, threats, and lots of words designed to force her 'Gregory is innocent' stance onto the thinking of readers. The credentials she presented in terms of her work involving government officials and 'alleged' psychopaths, rather than impress and reassure me, actually rang alarm bells.

I see she closed the door at the end of her post - "I do not wish to discuss this any further on the internet." She clearly isn't interested in actually discussing the matter in the open which brings up further alarm bells for me.

I feel that I must reitarate something I mentioned earlier, that until you speak directly to the allegated victims you do not know and cannot defend a man whom as it seems from former posts as well as 'X's is being repeatedly oveer the years being accused of exploitation of women. There is something to be said in this alone.
Otherwise why would it keep being repeated?
'X' seems to be the only one to speak up for those women whom have been abused or exploited by this man. That is quite awful that this man would even consider taking this laady to court. Smacks of guilt to me. That is not nice. Words are words but actions like that could damage her as well as him in the long run.

You do not know what evidence they have against him to support allegations, and also by the sounds of it these women as I and a few others that were exploited by our teacher are too afraid to come forward because of what he may do.

You do not know what these women have experienced first hand. It sounds some may have been very traumatic. Maybe you should ask them first? And not go on soley by firstly the accuseds words and also the support of students whom did not experience what others have.

Also I strongly believe now especially after you writing thhis Tracy that he indeed is guilty of atleast some of the accusations made against him, your defending him almost blindly shows this. You have not 'looked into' asked the victims their stories.
Just the accused only. Of course he will defend himself and hide facts.
Also I am now very willing to bet that the girl he was allegated to have brought from another country really is there illegally.

Did you check the passport of the girl whom he is accused of bringing over from another country? Or did you just go by their word? I am willing to bet that he is covering her up.
But this can be explored easily. Just need to get her checked out when she left the country etc, and then the truth will be shown.
This is a little lengthy so I know you have not done this yet.
Harbouring an illegal immigrant is a serious offence regardless of whether she is a child carer or not. Even more of a reason to suspect why he brought her over in the first place?

I am sorry but as aforementioned in my past posts this effects me personally as I have had very uncannily similar experiences with my former yoga teacher.
It was no coincidence I came across this post.
Although I cannot directly support these allegations of his victims, I can support far too similar stories and firsthand experience within a cult like setting and the exploitations of a so called teacher. I know how it feels to be the victim of these men. And I will support all others whom are also victims.
We nneed to support eachother no matter hhow afraid we are of these men, we need to expose them, all deserve to know the truth of people like these types. And we should always try our best to give it.

I hope for other future victims sakes this man will be exposed one way or another, same goes to all so called spiritual teachers.

Ciou

Ttripitaka

Hello Paddy Jon. :)

I was just writing more on the subject and you reflect my thoughts exactly. It shows him up more I now feel.
I know this was not intended but this is what has happened.

It now seems more obvious than before that he is guilty of atleast some of what has been said over the years and moreso recently.

As mentioned you cannot hide from the truth, it will always come out one way or another.

Ciou

Tripitaka :)

This Tracy I now believe is really said Faux Master Gregory James. Smacks of psychopathic behaviour from what I have studied. It is too defensive to not be and there are enough questionable loop holes in Tracy's post.

I am willing to bet it is him. What do you think?

You can run, but you cannot hide from the truth.

Ciou

Tripitaka

Last but not least, the loop hole in exposing him I now see will either come straight from his victims or through harbouring an illegal immigrant.
Even if he were to help 'obtain' either a fake visa, stamp etc, after reading this post. He wouls still get into alot of trouble. So for hers and his sake he wants to be telling the truth as this is a very legitimate way of finding out how much is indeed true or not?

Ciou

Tripitaka

:)

Back
Top Bottom