Gregory James - Faux "Master"?

Carlise said:
This thread has been a fascinating study for me, a real time example of how such a seemingly well-intentioned person can hide much narcissism beneath the surface and completely choose not to see it.

For me as well, really interesting.
There is often a trend for a person supposedly pursuing spiritual growth to start to identify with the pursuit itself, and to create a self image of an enlightened person, or of someone in the path to enlightenment at the very least. The way I see it, the act of creating a self image with which we identify ourselves is often at the root of the problem, we think we're enlightened, we work towards projecting that image, whilst being oblivious to that internal process all along. Behind the mask of a spiritual individual self importance and narcissism are often hidden, and insidiously so. Because for the average person that's not easily seen, most people will support the projected image further confirming to the individual in question that he is indeed advanced in his spiritual path, while in fact he, or she, is only really feeding himself of his own self aggrandizing image. Speaking for myself I used to be very gullible, still am, but perhaps less so than in the past (not yet sure). But I do remember how easy it was for me to simply support whomever seemed "spiritual". By god, I even admired them!

If being a teacher is what you do to earn a living, that puts you in the role of conveying to others a message, nearly everyday. That, in itself, can easily grow into an extreme where you feel that you've got to have an answer for everything, or if not everything, for things for which you really better stay quiet as you don't really know what you're talking about that well. As a teacher myself, I find that people tend to look up to you and try to get answers for all sorts of questions, and it is very easy to incorporate the "teacher role" and answer with what you think it's true when in fact, you really don't know it that well, if at all. If you let it escalate, this is the perfect receipt for building a very strong ego on a foundation made of sand.

The title of master within the context of Tai Chi principles has been discussed, and Gregory mentioned that his title simply follows a tradition. I don't agree. I was trained as a Tai Chi teacher and my own "master" never allowed us to call him master. In fact, the title was never even mentioned. Looking back, it would have been ridiculous to do so, he simply didn't put himself in that role, and I can almost say with certainty that every single person in my course would have laughed at the thought of calling B (our teacher) by master. Not that he wasn't knowledgeable, quite the contrary, but simply due to the fact that he was so down to earth, so...on our level, so to speak. There was no need for titles, no need to think of him as more knowledgeable then ourselves, because that's what the title really implies. Sure, he knew the technique better, but that was really it. I will also add that I really enjoyed being his pupil, maybe because of that "down earthedness", that lack of ego games.

Spiral Out said:
There are no "accidents" in the way you present yourself, nor is anything "misunderstood".

I fully agree. Words don't just come out by accident, particularly if you're not being overly cautious so as to not convey the message you don't want other people to see. They can well reveal our innermost attitude towards life, ourselves, and other people.

Carlise said:
By trying to deflect attacks, defend himself, and manage impressions, he actually contributed to his own unraveling and 'stripping to the bone', due to being totally unable to see what was coming out in his posts. This really shows the true value of this forum, and in our work.

Um, I would just like to point out that I haven't seen anyone in this thread "attacking" Gregory as in making ad hominem against him. Only his ego/predator mind would perceive the mirroring he had received here as personal attacks- I say this because a year ago from now, I would've interpreted the responses he had been given on this thread as argumentum ad hominem and would have reacted the same, if not worse, as in: more aggressively, than him. Fortunately, I see more clearly today. That doesn't mean, however, that I am suddenly enlightened, heh not even close, I still have a looooong way to go and so much stuff to learn!! :)

Gertrudes said:
Words don't just come out by accident, particularly if you're not being overly cautious so as to not convey the message you don't want other people to see. They can well reveal our innermost attitude towards life, ourselves, and other people.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Initially I missed out on this topic, due to computer problems (which were mentioned here: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,21203.msg375270.html#msg375270) and I've just finished reading all of it now. I have to say I'm really glad I took the time to catch up on this one since it has been a very instructive and most revealing read.

There has been some discussion about the process of mirroring recently (which I also had to catch up with) and this thread comprises a textbook example IMO of what mirroring is all about, why it is an indispensable tool in the context of the Work and how extremely valuable it can be -- especially for the one receiving the mirror (if properly taken up and processed) as well as for anyone else not directly involved reading the whole exchange and reflecting on what it means for yourself.

Therefore, first and foremost I want to express my deepest gratitude to all involved for the lessons provided via their participation.

To me, the crux of this matter came to the fore when I was reading this:
GregoryJ said:
I wondered why you didn't respond to my invitation to do some training – at least to say no thanks (not that you are obliged of course) - and so I read what I had written to you and realized what an arrogant, self-agrandizing prick I made myself out to be!! I don't have to tell you that was not my intension nor did it adequately convey what I was really trying to say (never mind the limitations of email). I'm often amazed at what a fool I can make of myself purely by accident; personality agility has never been my thing to begin with, and I've gotten so accustomed to caring very little about how I am perceived by others (except for very general amicability, which always makes life move along more smoothly). Being misunderstood most of my life somewhat forces this on me – caring little for what others think of me – as a basic means of happiness. It seems I have the opposite of a mask of sanity; I am totally transparent and direct and end up sounding crazy anyway! I surely would not make a good politician!
I suspect this will teach me better to proof-read my emails before I send them!
So what I was really trying to say is simply that I'm not running any formal seminars or workshops but there will be a few students around who I will be teaching off and on. In other words, I wanted to convey that, although I am here mainly to focus on my own practice (to find a bit of solitude) it would in no way be an imposition if you elected to come, and that I would have the time to teach you some Chi Gong from a quality perspective (that, judging from previous conversations, is something you've been looking for).
I just wanted to say thanks for how much you have inspired and influenced me and my work, in the only way I really can do – other than just saying it.
Cheers, friend.

Never found anyone yet who can deny what I can demonstrate....

I know everybody says their master is the best, but you'll have to take my word for it... he's the Real deal.

If I told you about what he can do, and what he has taught me to do... well, let's just say you'd have to either be very open minded or very credulous to believe me.....

I am a Senior Disciple of this system, so what he shares with me is not what he teaches the general public, but suffice to say, I am not stranger to what you right about being controlled and manipulated by unseen forces, etc. I play it down in my writing because I have learned my lesson the hard way that I can't reach people by going so far over their head.....

What I teach is deadly (to the practitioner) if not properly guided.....

I'm a Transmitter.

That is, I Connect the student and together we reach the "Network." There, I Broadcast or Transmit the Energy that fundamentally alters the student's Consciousness. From there he/she can develop in his /her own practice. This is how I way trained – Exposure.

I combined that with an earlier quote going just before this:
GregoryJ said:
It was a joke, and just a joke, Spiral Out. ...playful banter between friends. That's all.

You have third-party help distorting first-party comments and it's fully blown out of proportion. I am sorely disappointed. I only ever engaged you because I admire you. I know I've made that clear. Perhaps that admiration was misplaced. That's my fault, I guess, but disappointing nonetheless. <-- fwiw, this is genuine sadness I am feeling and expressing (since it seems otherwise indiscernible).

I thought Spiral Out was being set up as the possible prey of a predator and the only real disappointment and sadness I could discern was because the predator was about to lose its prey... I may well be totally wrong about this but I distinctly felt very bad reading this, sensing a foul smell around it and tasting very ugly in my mouth. All the more so while Belibaste (Reply #118, here: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,29367.msg377653.html#msg377653) had previously made an excellent post about the ins an outs of altered states of consciousness which was blatantly ignored by GregoryJ.

I think what is witnessed here and recorded as such, was a process of 'bidding' as described by Laura elsewhere and to my mind in this case it took the form of a prolonged courtship so to say -- all in order to catch and subordinate a soul and to gain access to many more. It once more illustrates painstakingly clear that there is a real war going on about our souls and our alignments, in which we ourselves are the battlefield where this war is fought. All the more reason to bear in mind what Laura has concluded:
We don't want to change Gregory James any reasons of "subordination" here. However, he is the one who sought the association, rather assertively I should add. So, we are certainly fortunate to have learned that his claims to be a purveyor of "truth" and "on the same page" are not actually true and thus we can choose to NOT associate with him nor promote and recommend his work, nor send him students which does seem to be what it was about anyway.

It would have been nice, of course, if he had turned out to be the real thing.
The one thing all those in feeding hierarchies never will grasp IMO is the difference between deceitful coercion (bidding) and the free association of like minded people with a common aim.

:)
Hi all,

I won't likely ever be coming back to this forum, I just wanted to pop in and remind you all that you have filled twelve pages now with this discussion and in it you have resorted to all sorts of criticisms and judgements of another persons character and really, from what I can tell, you haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

What a confused bunch you seem to be.

Master Gregory is called 'Master' because its a tai chi title given to one who learns physically to harmonise forces in such a way as to convert , control and project internal power built through the excercise. Now I don't know what I'm talking about here, but I can guarantee you that if you're still here after twelve pages of defamation, then you don't either and you would do better to go practice and stop wasting your time.

I've learned a bit of tai chi from MG, and sure, he's really into it, and he takes it all very very seriously, but thats perfectly fine...if you knew where he was coming from, what his story is, what he's capable of , and what how he uses his time, and you considered any of that honestly, then if you're contributing here, well you should consider being a little ashamed of yourselves.

I stumbled onto this site looking for something else and couldn't believe this stuff. You people have some idea of masters as being these fluffy light beings, christ tonight you should read about Drugpa Kunely who slays demons with his 'flaming thunderbolt of wisdom' ... his pet name for his cock. He'd roll up in the local bars round Bhutan and folk'd be lockin up their daughters, the man was a fiend, but he was a master beyond compare.

You seem to forget that people are people, and projections are projections, the brain is a mirror, and you really need time to discern the absolute bollox from the reasonably authentic, and again from the truly understood, felt, and objectively realized. I mean what if a Master was unable to speak? Would he or she be less in your estimation? Well such a master might be better off by their impediment. You though, arguing and turning people away from folk they could learn a lot from, you disgust me playfully, I mean I really don't give a damn, other than I like Gregory and don't like seeing folk getting on his back. You're lucky he's a master, coz he'd kick the living bejesus out of any or all of you blindfolded, but he's not like that, he grew...ever hear of Milarepa? Learned the black arts to kill the murderer of his father, ended up murdering a load of folk, but thereafter walked the path and came out shining in the great beyond. Now MG has prbably broken his fair share of bones, but none that weren't asking for it just like he was, but the man made a choice and he stuck with it and sticks with it 100% full time and I respect , admire, and hereby honor that.

I am not a person of considerable anything, but I've met many many fools in my life, and I know them when I hear and see them, I've also read of many masters, and of all the folk I ever met there have been very few who I met who had realized what I'd read about in a way that I could learn from them. As you can tell , I'm pretty spikey when I want to be, but not without reason. Now MG is someone who knows his stuff, not in 'blah-blah', but in action. He is the real deal in terms of the meaning of 'Master' according to the traditional meaning of that tai chi title, and that means a lot more than any bachelor, master, doctorate or professorship of the world of academia... its not blah blah, its inherent balance, and apprently none of you fools still talking understand any of that.

If you want to learn, don't start by insulting the people from whom you stand the best chance of learning.

We're all human, we came through stuff and we'll go through stuff, and we will have to maintain certain attitudes by nature of our respective realities, thats the way , and you can be damn sure that MG is further along it than a lot of you posers ever will be. I mean, good luck and all, and if you get annoyed and this makes your stomach grumble or your ears burn, just know that thats you , thats your horseshit, and thats what it tastes like, let it go, and whatever you do, stop throwing it where it doesn't belong.

Peace to the peaceful.

Eimhin, I'm not sure whether replying to your post will make any difference because you seem pretty invested in what you wrote, but have you actually read the thread? I'm asking because if you had, you might have noticed that you are displaying traits of awe, almost reverence, to a guru like figure which is what we have discussed.

Eimhin said:
You're lucky he's a master, coz he'd kick the living bejesus out of any or all of you blindfolded, but he's not like that, he grew…
What's this all about?

Eimhin said:
He is the real deal in terms of the meaning of 'Master' according to the traditional meaning of that tai chi title, and that means a lot more than any bachelor, master, doctorate or professorship of the world of academia... its not blah blah, its inherent balance, and apprently none of you fools still talking understand any of that.

And this?….

Gertrudes said:
Eimhin said:
He is the real deal in terms of the meaning of 'Master' according to the traditional meaning of that tai chi title, and that means a lot more than any bachelor, master, doctorate or professorship of the world of academia... its not blah blah, its inherent balance, and apprently none of you fools still talking understand any of that.

And this?….

I think what he's trying to say, in our terms, is that Gregory has crystallized on a Tai Chi Master foundation.

Hi Eimhin :). Decent attempt at rhetoric, but your argument is basically based on nothing but your own self referencing.
Eimhin said:
:) Hi all,I won't likely ever be coming back to this forum, I just wanted to pop in and remind you all that you have filled twelve pages now with this discussion and in it you have resorted to all sorts of criticisms and judgements of another persons character and really, from what I can tell, you haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

This first paragraph immediately highlights the mental filter that you're is using; you obviously didn't read the same thread that I did.

What a confused bunch you seem to be.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Because we don't put ourselves the "master" pedestal and claim to know it all?

[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Master Gregory is called 'Master' because its a tai chi title given to one who learns physically to harmonise forces in such a way as to convert , control and project internal power built through the excercise. Now I don't know what I'm talking about here, but I can guarantee you that if you're still here after twelve pages of defamation, then you don't either and you would do better to go practice and stop wasting your time.

[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"Harmonising of internal power" didn't seem to help Gregory see past his own biases and emotional thinking and to view reality clearly, which is basically the foundation of what we do. You're right, you didn't really know what you're talking about when you launched into this thinly veiled aggressive emotional reaction.

[/font]

I've learned a bit of tai chi from MG, and sure, he's really into it, and he takes it all very very seriously, but thats perfectly fine...if you knew where he was coming from, what his story is, what he's capable of , and what how he uses his time, and you considered any of that honestly, then if you're contributing here, well you should consider being a little ashamed of yourselves.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]So you're saying that there's a direct correlation between non-physical abilities and spiritual development? I disagree. You also come across to me as quite sycophantic here, despite trying to give the opposite impression.

[/font]

I stumbled onto this site looking for something else and couldn't believe this stuff. You people have some idea of masters as being these fluffy light beings, christ tonight you should read about Drugpa Kunely who slays demons with his 'flaming thunderbolt of wisdom' ... his pet name for his -John Thomas-. He'd roll up in the local bars round Bhutan and folk'd be lockin up their daughters, the man was a fiend, but he was a master beyond compare.

Sounds more like a typical psychopath "Guru" to be honest. A master beyond compare possibly, but of what exactly?

You seem to forget that people are people, and projections are projections, the brain is a mirror, and you really need time to discern the absolute bollox from the reasonably authentic, and again from the truly understood, felt, and objectively realized. I mean what if a Master was unable to speak? Would he or she be less in your estimation? Well such a master might be better off by their impediment. You though, arguing and turning people away from folk they could learn a lot from, you disgust me playfully, I mean I really don't give a damn, other than I like Gregory and don't like seeing folk getting on his back. You're lucky he's a master, coz he'd kick the living bejesus out of any or all of you blindfolded, but he's not like that, he grew...ever hear of Milarepa? Learned the black arts to kill the murderer of his father, ended up murdering a load of folk, but thereafter walked the path and came out shining in the great beyond. Now MG has prbably broken his fair share of bones, but none that weren't asking for it just like he was, but the man made a choice and he stuck with it and sticks with it 100% full time and I respect , admire, and hereby honor that.

This is mostly just meandering nonsense with more aggressiveness thrown in, and seems again like you're just riled about this personally because you like Gregory much more than you seem to want to admit. The thread is actually not an attack on Gregory, but of course you can't see it that way because of your personal investment in whatever you believe him to be.

I am not a person of considerable anything, but I've met many many fools in my life, and I know them when I hear and see them, I've also read of many masters, and of all the folk I ever met there have been very few who I met who had realized what I'd read about in a way that I could learn from them. As you can tell , I'm pretty spikey when I want to be, but not without reason. Now MG is someone who knows his stuff, not in 'blah-blah', but in action. He is the real deal in terms of the meaning of 'Master' according to the traditional meaning of that tai chi title, and that means a lot more than any bachelor, master, doctorate or professorship of the world of academia... its not blah blah, its inherent balance, and apprently none of you fools still talking understand any of that.

I'm sure many people here have practised tai-chi and understand the benefits it can bring, but your wishy washy way of talking about it hasn't added to the discussion. The mistake you make, again, is to put one specific practice on some special pedestal as an example of spiritual development.

If you want to learn, don't start by insulting the people from whom you stand the best chance of learning.

We're all human, we came through stuff and we'll go through stuff, and we will have to maintain certain attitudes by nature of our respective realities, thats the way , and you can be damn sure that MG is further along it than a lot of you posers ever will be. I mean, good luck and all, and if you get annoyed and this makes your stomach grumble or your ears burn, just know that thats you , thats your horseshit, and thats what it tastes like, let it go, and whatever you do, stop throwing it where it doesn't belong.

Peace to the peaceful.

It would probably do you some good to print off this last part and read it to yourself.

Eimhin comes and resurrects a year old thread and accomplishes exactly nothing with his clueless nonsense. The level of basic maturity is so lacking and so transparent that, again, he doesn't even have a clue how others see through all the verbiage to the essence of what's driving him. For what it's worth....

SeekinTruth said:
Eimhin comes and resurrects a year old thread and accomplishes exactly nothing with his clueless nonsense. The level of basic maturity is so lacking and so transparent that, again, he doesn't even have a clue how others see through all the verbiage to the essence of what's driving him. For what it's worth....

I was surprised (shouldn't be), as indeed it is a almost a year old thread without further comment and then along comes, Eimhin, to offer synopsis; with lots of kicking and beating innuendos by so called masters.

SeekinTruth said:

Well, actually, he DID accomplish one thing: he bumped the thread up in the google radar and made it more likely that others will find it when searching to find info about Gregory James. Interestingly, we recently received communication from a few young women who claim to have been sexually abused by James. Rather than publish that material, we suggested that they collectively find a good attorney.

After reading his post, I realised that Eimhin had said very little of any substance, most of it was subjective unsubstantiated canned opinion and hearsay. There was one thing however that I think sums up his whole post,

Eimhin said:
I like Gregory

Eimhin "likes" Gregory, for some personal subjective reasons, and the facts be damned, and "folk getting on Gregory's back" be damned too.

Thanks for your input Eimhin, but here, we deal in objective data, not subjective mental masturbation and what we "like" or what makes us "feel good".

SeekinTruth said:

What's interesting is that in a way, one can infer a few things about a "Master" by the way his "disciples" behave. If anything Eimhin did Gregory even a greater disservice.

Laura said:
Interestingly, we recently received communication from a few young women who claim to have been sexually abused by James. Rather than publish that material, we suggested that they collectively find a good attorney.

Well…this takes it into a whole new level. This is serious stuff.

Gertrudes said:
SeekinTruth said:

What's interesting is that in a way, one can infer a few things about a "Master" by the way his "disciples" behave. If anything Eimhin did Gregory even a greater disservice.

Yeah, I would have to agree. The lack of substance in his rant is telling....

Gertrudes said:
Laura said:
Interestingly, we recently received communication from a few young women who claim to have been sexually abused by James. Rather than publish that material, we suggested that they collectively find a good attorney.

Well…this takes it into a whole new level. This is serious stuff.

Another sign of the times? It kinda figures, but still shocking (if true). I hope these young ladies get a good lawyer and get justice.

I was a student of Gregory James. i was trusting him blindly for like 3 months until i started inquiring and questioning everything about him. being young and having the need to see what all do masters have to offer, i went to attend his classes. THERE IS SO MUCH ABOUT HIM THAT I WILL WRITE IN POINTS SO THAT MORE N MORE PEOPLE ARE ABLE TO READ COMFORTABLY:

1. it turned out that he is a womanizer. he is A COMPLETE PSYCHOPATH. he seems to be very impressive by what he writes and how he talks.

2. everyone of us received E-mails from his ex girlfriend that he used to beat her and was cheating on her.

3. he HAs been sleeping with various students.

4. he convinced two of his married students to get divorced and they DID (its stupid how gullible they were)

5. he claims to have changed his ex girlfriend's Karma so that she can let him spend more time with his son

6. a month ago one of his student found out that he was cheating on her. she could not take this shocking news and she starved herself to death by not eating anything at all

7. he convinced one of his students to cross the border illegaly. now shes locked up in that country. he doesnt let her go anywhere and is using her for baby sitting his son

8. he charges money to teach meditation and claims to make us reach "God"

9. he tries to show off that he has supernatural powers, but couldnt show a single one and has none of these. obviously

10. he gives greedy desires to his students that i will give u a title of master one day, the reason for them sticking around. ambitiousness.

11. because of his ways, one of his students had a psychotic breakdown a few months ago. instead of taking care of him, Gregory James pushed him out of his so called "temple" and never took care of him. PSYCHOPATH

12. the moment his students refuse to sleep with him, he yells at them and sends emails that are so horrifying. those students are not willing to share so i can not provide the evidence here

13. he tried to convince me to not get married because "married disciples can never attain enlightenment. women is made that way. she should be free form marriage and relationships to be enlightened." utter nonsense

14. he is using one of his students just for monetary gains and has given him the title of disciple/Abot. behind his back he tells everyone that im only using him for money.

15. he orders students to keep vow of silence if they say the truth about him. "keep a vow of silence else you ll never attain salvation"

the stories are endless.

"Truth is a pathless land"

Other students have emails from him but they arent willing to show them because they are unnecessarily scared of him. They feel he does black magic n stuff because he days "he can split their souls" and "change your karma.

I'm thinking of sending it across to all the people in his friend list so that it reaches more lives

Back
Top Bottom