"Healing Developmental Trauma" by L. Heller and A. LaPierre

ELT

Padawan Learner
I have 2 questions :

1° Which distinction do you make between being in touch with our Core Needs and Internal Considering ?

2° Could we be saying that NeurOptimal is acting bottom-up - by acting directly on the neuroplasticity of the brain (physical) to reframe the pathways (psychological) ?

ELT

Padawan Learner
I have 2 questions :

1° Which distinction do you make between being in touch with our Core Needs and Internal Considering ?

2° Could we be saying that NeurOptimal is acting bottom-up - by acting directly on the neuroplasticity of the brain (physical) to reframe the pathways (psychological) ?
Got my 2° answer :
Ever heard of neurofeedback, non-linear dynamics or a “bottom-up” approach towards better health?
Still wondering about the 1°, feel free to share your insights

whitecoast

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I would say that being in touch with our core needs is about having internal awareness of our emotions. Internal considering is primarily about thinking and feeling that occurs as a result of a lack of internal awareness of what really drives our thoughts and feelings. In other words, being aware of our core needs can help prevent us from internal considering.

Carl

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Got my 2° answer :

Still wondering about the 1°, feel free to share your insights

IMO:
They're different concepts and not really related in that way.

Being in touch with your core needs is simply part of knowing yourself.

Internal considering is being identified with what you want or need etc., and neglecting to consider others.

A lot of the times those needs are unexamined or denied, and therefore they're running the show, so lack of knowledge of self can actually increase internal considering.

ELT

Padawan Learner
Thanks to both of you, I see clearer now the possibility of being in touch with them to be balanced, allowing to open externally, and still, then, being able to dis-identify with them. I am not my needs, nor my emotions, nor my thoughts, but the observer who recognise them.

I've also read the part about Internal Considering in the Casswiki, this is the border between External and Internal that can be thin indeed.

ELT

Padawan Learner
I would say that being in touch with our core needs is about having internal awareness of our emotions.

Being in touch with your core needs is simply part of knowing yourself.
I make, then, the connection between what you say and Carlos Castaneda's self reflection, as the ability to observe without identifying.
The only ability left to us originating from our 'Real I' [Gurdjieff], full awareness, subconscious.
Is it ?

From the Casswiki, in the predator's mind section :
Castaneda further explains that infants are born with a glowing coat of awareness and that this is what the predator eats, to the point where only a narrow fringe is left. This narrow fringe is sufficient to keep man alive.
This narrow fringe is man’s self-reflection, where man is irremediably caught.

’Planetary influences arrange for wars
and catastrophies simply to obtain required vibrations’ [Gurdjieff] Man may also play his role consciously,
at least in theory, and thus be free from these arbitrary influences and serve the universe in another manner, suggests Gurdjieff.
My question then comes to another topic but as everything is linked :

So, in my theoric understanding so far, it is the Work, having the potential to unlock dormant DNA, which allows us to reconnect with all abilities of our whole Awareness, Real I. (In hypothetical order, the Work's stages :
-> Enlightenment (the C's have said that it equals to simply being smart, I can't find the transcript back for it, feel free to share it please)
-> Death of the ego -> Second birth/Real I)

And this is supposed to happen, in part, by cleansing all the rubbish that have been stored in our unconscious mind, to make the conduit (this latter) clean for a proper connection to full awareness, i.e the subconscious/higher self, and all its other related abilities.

Is that right ?

(Here is my puzzling of conscious/unconscious/subconscious)

*This post might be a lot condensed, I search to connect the many dots I have as clearly as I can to move on*

Last edited:
Top Bottom