Heatwave with a global grip

yes, very very hot here in wisconsin. yesterday and today we have thick humidity with temps getting up to 110 deg. F :o

In Switzerland, the July 2006 was the hottest since 1894 (the beginning of temperature measurement in the country)

Gone are the times when summer is hot and lazy and the winter is cold and snowy.Extremes seem to be coming into the pattern much more frequently.And honestly I don't think alot of people catch on to that.Global warming doesnt neccisarily mean the globe is going to get warmer,but that the summers will be scorching and winters brutally cold.Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that but it sure looks like what is happening anyway.

I guess both are right. Globally average temperatures are increasing at the same time chaos level is rising (more extreme variations in parameters like wind, temperature, rainfalls,...)

Maybe it's a bit like atoms : increase in matter temperature is positively correlated to atoms agitation.

One solutions could be that humans stop agitating themselves nonsensely (Mouravieff non colinear vectors) ;)

Just recently I was without power for three days due to a violent thunder storm. Expecting another tomorrow night. Trust me this was a real experience. No power and heat at 100 degrees. What an eye opener. The many things we depend on that depends on electricity. Day number one -quaint but so very hot. We light candles at the dinner table and the children talk about romance. Sweat all night. Next morning I make the call for a generator-I'm on of 35,000, who does not have power, so I make several calls. Generator delivered. Meat in the freezer saved, extended family move in. No A/C but I can use my washer and line dry the laundry. Meals served on the hot BBQ grill. I lay under a storm topped tree, panting. Fresh cold water in abundance. Sweat all night. This is beginning to really get to me and I'm a country girl, I guess I've gone soft. More laundry, more BBQ, beginning to hate hot food-I'm not hungry anymore. Day four- we have power. Day five-I'm sick and in the doctors office- it is pointed out to me that my last visit was over a year ago. One week later, I still have a nasty but productive cough and its going to storm again. And all anyone can talk about is the insurance adjuster!

Well, all I can say is that it is really interesting to observe these repeated glitches showing the weakness of our civilizational infrastructure which are being basically ignored by the World Powers who give a little lip-service now and then, but don't actually do anything.

Yes, the C's had something to say about weather - heat, etc. and its relation to human activity. The following are in chronological order and edited to remove extraneous comments and hold to the topic:

From Session 22 Feb 1997

A: Climate is being influenced by three factors, and soon a fourth.

1) Wave approach.
2) Chloroflorocarbon increase in atmosphere, thus affecting ozone layer.
3) Change in the planet's axis rotation orientation.
4) Artificial tampering by 3rd and 4th density STS forces in a number of different ways. Be vigilant. ...

Q: (Laura) All right, were those given in the order in which they are occurring? The fourth being the one that's coming later?

A: Maybe, but remember this: a change in the speed of the rotation may not be reported while it is imperceptible except by instrumentation. Equator is slightly "wider" than the polar zones. But, this discrepancy is decreasing slowly currently. One change to occur in 21st Century is sudden glacial rebound, over Eurasia first, then North America. Ice ages develop much, much, much faster than thought.

Q: (Terry) Is the Earth expanding? That's just putting it bluntly, but, is the Earth expanding, how did you put that? (Ark) Yes, that's the theory: the idea is that the continents move away because the Earth is expanding, and this is much faster than you know, than geologists were thinking.

A: Continental "drift" is caused by the continual though variable, propelling of gases from the interior to the surface, mainly at points of magnetic significance.

Q: (Jan) What causes the change in the axis?

A: By slow down of rotation. Earth alternately heats up and cools down in interior.

Q: (Laura) Why does it do that? What's the cause of this?

A: Part of cycle related to energy exerted upon surface by the frequency resonance vibrational profile of humans and others.

Q: (Terry) Ok, let's go back to the beginning of the session, when we were talking about the acceleration/expansion on underground bases in preparation for the harvest. Is that world-wide, we're talking here?

A: Yes, but United States is focus, due to particularly cooperative power structure profile.

Q: (Laura) ...What I would like to know is what particular steps are being taken, what particular activities are being stepped up?

A: Acquisition, staging, testing of planned activity.

Q: (Laura) And what is the planned activity?

A: Control of absolutely everything. ... Bio and cyber/genetic humanoid types now increasing exponentially in general population. You may have already encountered one or two during the past 10 days.

[This last remark was a REAL puzzle because, of course, at that time, we hadn't done any of our research in psychopathy.]

Regarding "Sudden Glacial Rebound," the following exchange gives some clues:

From Session 10 May 1998

Q: ... Okay. I would like to know what the geographic coordinates, according to our current grid system, that would frame Atlantis. I don't need the exact shape, just a general box shape... the perimeter...

A: Like asking: "What are the geographic coordinates of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization?"

Q: Okay, let me get more specific: the Atlantean land that was supposed to have existed in the Atlantic Ocean... what was the farthest north of any part of Atlantis that was in the ocean, that no longer exists?

A: It is "time for you" to know that Atlantis was not a nation, land, Island, or continent, but rather, a civilization!

Q: All I wanted was to have an idea of a land mass in the Atlantic ocean that people talk about - where did it sit?

A: Where do you think?

Q: Well, I sort of think that the Azores and the Canary Islands are sort of...

A: Yes, but many other places too. Remember, the sea level was several hundred feet lower then...

Q: Why was the sea level several hundred feet lower? Because there was ice somewhere or because there was not as much water on the earth at that time?

A: Ice.

Q: Was the ice piled up at the poles? The ice sheet of the ice age?

A: Yes.

Q: So, Atlantis existed during the ice age?

A: Largely, yes. And the world's climate was scarcely any colder away from the ice sheets than it is today.

Q: Well, how could that be? What caused these glaciers?

A: Global warming.

Q: How does global warming cause glaciers?

A: Increases precipitation dramatically. Then moves the belt of great precipitation much farther north. This causes rapid buildup of ice sheets, followed by increasingly rapid and intense glacial rebound.

From Session 5 July 1998

Q: (A) I am trying to write down some things about a cosmology, and I have some questions mainly about the coming events. First there was the story of the sun's companion brown star which is apparently approaching the solar system, and I would like to know, if possible, details of its orbit; that is, how far it is, what is its speed, and when it will be first seen. Can we know it? Orbit: how close will it come?

A: Flat eliptical.

Q: (A) But how close will it come?

A: Distance depends upon other factors, such as intersecting orbit of locator of witness.

Q: (L) What is the closest it could come to earth... (A) Solar system... (L) Yes, but which part of the solar system? We have nine planets... which one? (A) I understand that this brown star will enter the Oort cloud... (L) I think they said it just brushes against it and the gravity disturbs it...

A: Passes through Oort cloud on orbital journey. Already has done this on its way "in." ...Oort cloud is located on outer perimeter orbital plane at distance of approximately averaged distance of 510,000,000,000 miles. ...Solar system, in concert with "mother star," is revolving around companion star, a "brown" star. ... They are moving in tandem with one another along a flat, eliptical orbital plane. Outer reaches of solar system are breached by passage of brown companion, thus explaining anomalies recently discovered regarding outer planets and their moons.

Q: (A) But I understand that the distance that the distance between the sun and this brown star is changing with time. Eliptical orbit means there is perihelion and aphelion. I want to know what will be, or what was, or what is the closest distance between this brown star and the sun? What is perihelion? Can we know this, even approximately. Is it about one light year, or less or more?

A: Less, much less. Distance of closest passage roughly corresponds to the distance of the orbit of Pluto from Sun.

Q: (A) Okay. Now, this closest pass, is this something that is going to happen?

Q: (A) And it is going to happen within the next 6 to 18 years?

A: 0 to 14.

Q: (A) Okay, that's it. I have some idea about this. Now, I understand that, either by chance or by accident, two things are going to happen at essentially the same time. That is the passing of this brown star, and this comet cluster. These are two different things?

A: Yes. Different, but related.

Q: (L) Is there a comet cluster that was knocked into some kind of orbit of its own, that continues to orbit...

Q: (L) And in addition to that comet cluster, there are also additional comets that are going to get whacked into the solar system by the passing of this brown star?

Q: (A) I understand that the main disaster is going to come from this comet cluster...

A: Disasters involve cycles in the human experiential cycle which corresponds to the passage of comet cluster.

Q: (A) I understant that this comet cluster is cyclic and comes every 3600 years. I want to know something about the shape of this comet cluster. I can hardly imagine...

A: Shape is variable. Effect depends on closeness of passage.

Q: (L) So, it could be spread out... (A) We were asking at some point where it will be coming from. The answer was that we were supposed to look at a spirograph.

Q: (A) Now, spirograph suggests that these comets will not come from one direction, but from many directions at once. Is this correct?

A: Very good!!!

Q: (A) Okay, they will come from many directions...

A: But, initial visibility presents as single, solid body.

Q: (A) Do we know what is the distance to this body at present?

A: Suggest you keep your eyes open!

Q: (A) I am keeping my eyes open.

A: Did you catch the significance of the answer regarding time table of cluster and brown star? Human cycle mirrors cycle of catastrophe. Earth benefits in form of periodic cleansing. Time to start paying attention to the signs. They are escalating. They can even be "felt" by you and others, if you pay attention.

Q: (L) We have certainly been paying attention to the signs!

A: How so?

Q: (L) Well, the weather is completely bizarre. The fires, the heat...

Q: (L) I notice that the tides are awfully high all the time with no ostensible explanation...

A: And low, too.

Q: (L) Yes. I have noticed that particularly. (F) I have too. Not too long ago I noticed that the tides were so incredibly low for this time of year. (L) And also the signs in people - these kids killing their parents, all these people going berserk - you know...

A: Spike.

Q: (L) What do you mean spike?

A: On a graph... ...Spikes are big.

Q: ...(A) I have a last question which I have prepared. So, we have these two physical disasters or events, the coming brown star and the comet cluster, but we have been told that this time it is going to be different because this time it is accompanied by a plane convergence.

A: Yes. Magnetic field alteration.

Q: (A) This plane convergence, or this magnetic field alteration, it's supposed to be related to realms crossing or passing. A realm border.

A: Realm. What is root of "realm?"

Q: (L) Reality.

A: Yes. How does the magnetic field "plug in?" ... We want to stay on this general subject matter through this session, for your sake.

Q: (L) Okay, in terms of these signs, these things going on on the planet, these fires and so forth - you never said anything about all these fires in Florida. You said Arizona was going to burn, but you never said Florida was going to burn...

A: We did not say it would not.

Q: (L) I know. But, it is really oppressive. I have read a couple of signs in the last day or so that we are going to have a change in the weather, a break ...

A: Reverse extreme?!?

Q: (L) Oh! Floods again! Well, I guess floods are better than fires... but, maybe not!

A: Italy and Greece are burning too.

Q: (L) Yes, we noticed that in the paper today. Is there a relationship between Italy and Greece and where we are on the planet? Some kind of psychic link?

A: Just same current malady. ...

Q: (L) Okay, you just said we are going to have a reversal in our weather. Are there any other conditions that we should be aware of at the present time?

A: Point is to watch, look, listen.

Q: (L) When we are watching, looking and listening, is there some particular thing we are supposed to be watching for that is to give us a clue about something?

A: All.

Q: (L) Is there something we are supposed to do at some point when we perceive a particular clue or event at some point?

A: What would you suggest? ...

Q: (L) Well! I'm supposed to be DOING something!

A: You are.

Q: (A) When you watch, look and listen, you are getting some signals, and these signals cause a certain pattern of thinking which were not yet able to emerge, but now, after you receive certain signals, you start to think in a different way. So, you cannot now think in a different way, but when you learn this and this has happened, then you start to think in a different pattern. So, you cannot now do things, but you always have to be ready to change your thinking at any moment when you understand more, when you see more, when you notice more, when you put things together which are not yet together. Then, there may be a big change of perspective, a total change. And this we have to keep our minds and thinking patterns open and ready to change, and work and put the puzzle and mosaic together. And, this is all that counts. It is this work that we are now doing that counts, not some future big thing: oh! Now we go on a ship! No, it is only doing our best, and what is it? Our best? It will change. I believe so. That is the idea. So, everything depends on this.

A: Yes. You see, my dear, you cannot anticipate that which is not anticipatable.

Q: (L) Well, swell. Okay, you want to stay on this subject, so let us move another step.

A: We are glad you noticed this birth of the spike. ... 27 days of record heat out of 30, oh my oh my! Suggest you awaken your internet pals, as they are too busy chasing "goblins" to notice. ... In Florida now, where to next? How about a shattering subduction quake in Pacific Northwest of U.S.? We estimate 10.4 on the Richter scale. We have warned of Ranier. Imagine a 150 meter high tsunami in Puget Sound... ...

Q: (L) Now, you have mentioned this earthquake. I know that you don't usually give predictions, why have you done so now?

A: We do not give time tables.

Q: (L) Anything else other than a tsunami in Puget Sound and a big subduction quake... 10.4 on the Richter scale is almost inconceivable.

A: Ranier... caldera.

Q: (L) What about the caldera?

A: Expect one.

Q: (L) Other than floods, anything else for Florida upcoming?

A: All areas experience accelerating "freak weather patterns."

Q: (L) Okay, all of these freaky weather patterns and bizarre things going on on the planet, how does it relate to the comet cluster and the brown star? Is it related?

A: Human experiential cycle intersects.

Q: (L) Any specifice physical manifestation of either this brown star or this comet cluster or this realm border, that is related to these events on the planet?

A: Approach of wave stimulates precursor activity which in turn causes effects which in turn stimulates further "heating up" of activity... ...

Q: (L) Okay, is there anyway we could graph this ourselves, and if so, what types of events would we include to create the background data?

A: "El Nino, La Nina," etc... Global warming, a part of the human experiential cycle.

Q: (L) I read where Edgar Cayce said that a sligth increase in global temperature would make hurricanes something like 5 times stronger... given a baseline temperature. Does this mean we are going to have stronger and more frequent hurricanes?

Q: (L) Will they hit land more frequently, or just spin out in the ocean?

A: Either, or.

From Session 20 March 2000

Q: You also made a remark once that ice ages occur much, much faster than people ever thought...

Q: Do we need to invest in some mukluks and snowshoes?

A: ??

Q: Well, what I am trying to get at is: should we start stockpiling firewood?

A: Maybe.

Q: So, it could be that fast?

A: Oh yes, and faster when in response to global"warming."

Q: When you put "warming" in quotes, you obviously mean warming in more than just an ordinary sense? Is that correct?

A: And/or not really "warm."

Q: Whitley Strieber and Art Bell have published a book about a "global superstorm." Is any of the information they have given in this book fairly accurate?

A: Derived from non-human sources known for stark accuracy, when convenient.

Q: What makes it convenient at the present time for them to be "starkly accurate?"

A: Fits into plans.

Q: Plans for what?

A: Do we not know already?

Q: In other words: world conquest and the takeover of humanity?

A: Not as simple.

Q: What would make my statement more accurate?

A: Call it amalgamation.

From Session 18 January 2003

Q: (L) We are a little bit curious about the strange weather. Is this the beginning of the ice age?

A: It is a precursor.

From Session 17 August 2003

Q: (J) Can we expect an ice age any time soon?

A: wait a couple of years and check the thermometer!!!

Q: (L) Is a couple of years a clue here?

A: Is it? Hmm...

Reactions: Ca.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/02/D8J8LBR82.html

Heat, Humidity Combine to Torture East

By DERRILL HOLLY
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON

Record-breaking heat and oppressive humidity made people across the eastern half of the country miserable Wednesday and sent tourists in the nation's capital scrambling for relief in the cool marble halls of Capitol Hill.

Others forced to work outdoors guzzled icy drinks to cope with the heat wave that has sent temperatures soaring over 100 across the East and parts of the Midwest.

"This is unbelievable," said Bob Garner, a tourist from Atlanta who retreated with his family into the air-conditioned comfort of the Capitol. "They get the hottest days of the year while we're here."

By late afternoon, the temperature at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport had risen to 99, with a heat index of 106. It was even hotter on the steaming pavement downtown. In New York, the temperature rose to 101 at LaGuardia Airport and 96 in Central Park. Philadelphia and Baltimore climbed into the upper 90s.

The National Weather Service posted heat advisories and warnings from Maine to Oklahoma. Forecasters said the heat would linger until Thursday night, when a cool front was expected to bring temperatures down into the 80s.

Thousands who made it through the heat of a day found themselves in the dark Wednesday night after thunderstorms downed trees and power lines in parts of Massachusetts. Most of the power was expected to be restored overnight.

At the Capitol, tourists filled water bottles at drinking fountains and doused themselves. Others drenched their baseball caps before putting them on.

At the Library of Congress daycare center, children stayed inside because it was deemed too hot to swim. Washington Redskins coach Joe Gibbs cut his players a break by pushing back their 4 p.m. practice session to 7 p.m.

"It's unbearable, it's oppressive," said Joy Haber, 44, who canceled a trip from Long Island into Manhattan because of the stifling weather. Her 13-year-old son, Sean, skipped day camp when his bus arrived with a malfunctioning air conditioner.

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the city was fortunate that no fatalities were linked to the brutal weather. Subway riders were in for a sweltering commute _ the temperature was about 111 at a Pennsylvania Station platform.

The city's electric utility, Con Edison, set its second record in two days for peak electricity demand, surpassing the level from a day earlier. The Long Island Power Authority also set a record.

The Dixie Chicks postponed their Wednesday night show at the outdoor Jones Beach Theater on Long Island because of the scorching heat.

In Philadelphia, concrete worker Bob Ferguson was building walls 32 feet below street level. "Down in that hole, there's no air," said Ferguson, who wore the mandatory hard hat, long sleeves, long pants and work boots.

Bicycle messenger Gravett Dhuja tried to look at the bright side as he rested near a Capitol Hill office building: "It's been hot, but rain is a lot worse for us."

Authorities in the capital were prepared to go door to door to get people to public cooling centers, said Mark Brown, deputy director of the D.C. Emergency Management Agency. The city also passed out fans to low-income residents and kept its homeless shelters open around the clock.

The same heat wave was blamed for as many as 164 deaths last week in California.

In Kentucky, an 18-month-old boy was found dead Wednesday inside a van about 60 miles northeast of Lexington. The vehicle's doors were locked, and the boy's mother had to break a window to get to the child, authorities said.

Norfolk Naval Station in Virginia hoisted black flags at gymnasiums and ports to caution sailors against doing strenuous exercise outdoors.

In Boston, animals at the Franklin Park Zoo were kept cool with sprinklers and frozen treats. The African wild dogs and lions got frozen blood; the primates received frozen fruit juice.

"It's a matter of taste, I guess," zoo President John Linehan said.

Boston authorities awaited autopsy results on a pregnant woman who died Saturday after collapsing at a sweltering Red Sox game. Denise Quickenton, 29, suffered an apparent heart attack after sitting in sunny bleacher seats where the temperature was at least 90 degrees, officials said. She was seven months pregnant, but a medical team was able to deliver her 4-pound infant at a hospital.

Some Washington tourists pressed on with their plans, gulping bottled water and fanning themselves with brochures outside such landmarks such as Union Station and the Washington Monument.

"The humidity is so bad _ not like in Spain," said Carlos Mulas, 56, of Madrid, before boarding a tour bus. "But Washington is so beautiful. We expect to enjoy it."

Several members of tourist Gregg Selewski's extended family spent their nights in a recreational vehicle parked at a campground in Greenbelt, Md. They vowed to see everything, despite the heat.

"This is what we came to do," said Selewski, 13, of Canton, Mich.

http://wnbc.nbcweatherplus.com/weathernews/9597309/detail.html

The Heat Goes On

Heat Wave Zaps Power-Deprived Queens Neighborhood

POSTED: 8:15 pm EDT July 29, 2006
UPDATED: 10:11 pm EDT August 2, 2006

NEW YORK -- As ceiling fans sputtered and refrigerators failed, residents of an electricity-challenged Queens neighborhood suffered through scattered power outages Wednesday that brought back memories of last month's brutal 10-day blackout -- only this time, with temperatures that hit 101.

Astoria grocer Salm Ali, who lost $17,000 in produce during the big blackout, felt a familiar sickening sense as he threw away $5,000 worth of produce Wednesday morning. His Liberty Deli and Grocery lost power Tuesday night and was only getting sporadic electricity the next morning.

"This is the life," he said sarcastically. "Even the fan isn't working."

Neither were the air conditioners or the refrigerators. Consolidated Edison reported about 1,200 residents in Astoria lost power overnight and nearly all had electricity restored by Wednesday afternoon as the utility's trucks turned out in force around the neighborhood. The last blackout affected 100,000 residents in northwest Queens.

Anthony Giannole, manager/owner of a Sunoco gas station on Astoria Boulevard, said the last power outage cost him $8,000 in business. The repair work on Wednesday blocked access to his station, once again hitting him in the wallet.

"I can't sell any gas because of our friends at Con Edison," said Giannole. "It's getting very annoying."

But power outages were sporadic and spaced out despite temperatures that soared to 101 degrees in the afternoon at LaGuardia Airport, a short hop from Astoria, and 96 degrees in Central Park, where the record for the date was 100. On Long Island, the temperature hit 97 in Islip, while White Plains in the northern suburbs was at 96.

The heat index, a measure of temperature plus humidity, made it feel like 107 degrees in Central Park. Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the city was fortunate that no fatalities were linked to the brutal weather. Straphangers were in for a sweltering commute -- the temperature was about 111 at a Pennsylvania Station subway platform.

Con Edison set a record for peak electricity demand, reaching 13,141 megawatts, enough electricity to power about 13 million homes, at 5 p.m. Wednesday; that topped the 13,103 megawatts a day earlier. The Long Island Power Authority also set a peak hour summer record of 5,736 megawatts.

By Wednesday evening, 5,674 Con Edison customers -- about 23,000 people -- were without power in Westchester County, the Bronx and Queens; Con Ed was trying to restore power and figure out why it went out. On Long Island, about 2,200 outages were reported.

The heat was taking its toll on residents.

"It's unbearable, it's oppressive," said Joy Haber, 44, of Woodbury, who canceled a trip into Manhattan because of the stifling weather. Her 13-year-old son, Sean, skipped day camp when his bus arrived with a malfunctioning air conditioner.

They weren't the only ones staying home. The platinum-selling Dixie Chicks postponed their Wednesday night show at the outdoor Jones Beach Theater due to the sweltering conditions. There was no word on a makeup date.

In the Riverdale section of the Bronx, 175 senior citizens were evacuated Tuesday night when the power went out at the Atria adult living facility, authorities said.

The National Weather Service again posted warnings for excessive heat and air stagnation due to the stifling humidity. Temperatures overnight were only expected to drop into the upper 80s, with another brutal day of heat expected Thursday.

Con Ed CEO Kevin Burke met for an hour with Bloomberg at City Hall, where they discussed the company's preliminary report on the earlier Queens blackout. The report offered no conclusions on the cause of the outage, although Bloomberg said the city will press the utility for answers.

"Am I satisfied with it? Of course not," Bloomberg told a news conference at which he promised the heat would soon be on the utility.

"We will find out what happened, get to the bottom of this and we will hold Con Ed responsible," said the mayor, adding that he planned to bring in outside investigators.

Burke, speaking later Wednesday, said the utility had no problem with that.

"We'll take all the help we can get," Burke said.

Community outreach teams were patrolling the streets, looking for homeless people and encouraging them to head to air-conditioned drop-in centers, carrying water and checking for dehydration. City officials reported a 20 percent increase in calls to the Emergency Medical Service on Tuesday, a 10 percent jump in police 911 calls and a 50 percent increase in fire calls. City firefighters on Tuesday responded to 1,800 fires, most of them minor.

Nearly a quarter-million people flocked to city beaches to beat the heat. The problem, according to Bloomberg, was many went home and then flicked their air conditioners on. While power demand usually decreases when the sun goes down, the opposite occurred in the city Tuesday night.

Meanwhile, of course, Mideast War Rages With No End in Sight

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060802/D8J8I2405.html

... and they just don't get it.

Speaking of "Glacial Rebound"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060802/sc_afp/safricaweathersnow_060802180049

Rare snowfall across South Africa

Wed Aug 2, 2:00 PM ET

JOHANNESBURG (AFP) - Snow fell on South Africa's biggest city Johannesburg for the first time in 25 years as icy temperatures gripped vast swathes of the country, the weather office said.

"It (the snow) is by no means freakish but I would certainly classify it as rare," said Kevin Rae, assistant manager of forecasting at the South African Weather Service in Pretoria.

Forecasters said snow was reported in the southern Johannesburg township of Soweto and the posh northern suburb of Sandton, as well as the nearby towns of Carletonville and Westonaria.

Johannesburg last had snow on September 11, 1981.

"Sleet has been recorded occasionally since then, but never snow," added climatologist Tracey Gill.

Bloemfontein, the capital of the central Free State province, got its first snow in 12 years, receiving 13 centimetres (5.2 inches).

Comparable widespread snow across the country had been recorded only twice in the past 20 years, in 1981 and 1988, said Rae.

Some welcomed the colder weather, however.

At the Tiffindell ski resort in the southern Drakensberg mountains of the Eastern Cape province, guests were elated.

"They are very excited," said the resort's chief snow-maker, Johan Smuts. "It is not every day that you get to see snow fall in Africa."

In warmer weather, Smuts oversees the manufacture of snow for the resort through a process involving water and air compression.

Tiffindell usually gets about five snowfalls a year, he said, but rarely 25 centimetres in one day, as on Tuesday.

The weather service posted a warning on its website of very cold temperatures for the southeastern high elevations of the country into Thursday.

It expected snowfalls to continue over areas of the central Free State, the Drakensberg and the Eastern Cape, but to have passed by Friday.

In the northern provinces, the snow was expected to clear by Wednesday afternoon, said Rae.

Well, here in Switzerland the temperature fell from over 30C, in three days since Sunday 30. July to 12C in the morning. First snow in the mountains:

http://is.blick.ch/img/gen/K/v/HBKvWPSZ_Pxgen_r_304xA.jpg

For sure temperature changes come quickly if they come. :(

The extra heat is definitely pulling more moisture up into the air and down again as precipitation. I have never seen so much heavy rain (e.g., five inches in two hours) in one summer. Flash floods, the whole bit.

DonaldJHunt said:
The extra heat is definitely pulling more moisture up into the air and down again as precipitation. I have never seen so much heavy rain (e.g., five inches in two hours) in one summer. Flash floods, the whole bit.
And when the precipitation starts spreading towards the poles we'll have ice growing back again.

Laura said:
3) Change in the planet's axis rotation orientation...
This made me think of the large Sumatra Earthquake in Dec 2004 which altered the shape of the earth by making it more spherial and taking away the equatorial bulge. This also speeded up the earths rotation somewhat and altered the "time" it takes the earth to make a full revolution about its own axis (although this change was really quite small).

Hmmm...makes me wonder with all the C's predictions of earthquakes, volanic activity and comet collisions (which are being somewhat verified by increased activity of all types of these events), if more of this type of activity will also affect the earths spin rate and general shape? I would hazard a guess at yes, so maybe we have bigger things to come which will begin to affect us more and more (even if we cannot directly percieve it) along the lines of a change in the axis rotation orientation as well as all the other 3 points the C's made.

Laura had mentioned on another thread or two that there may be a cometary event in August according to historic time cycles of such events, which makes me wonder if there is maybe a correlation between a large emotional build up the Web-bot work has been seeing for some time now which is slotted for a roughly Aug-Sep timeframe. They guys working on the web-bot project have been thinking that this may be a large earthquake relating to the US west coast, but they have been off-the mark before (due to the error in the data needing to be subjected to human interpratation) and it could be a cometary event that they have picked up on, not an earthquake?

Also Im wondering if the magnetic field around the earth may have a bearing upon the amount of energy that can enter into our atmosphere and by proxy have an effect on global warming?

Laura said:
From Session 5 July 1998

Q: (L) Well, swell. Okay, you want to stay on this subject, so let us move another step.

A: We are glad you noticed this birth of the spike. ... 27 days of record heat out of 30, oh my oh my! Suggest you awaken your internet pals, as they are too busy chasing "goblins" to notice. ... In Florida now, where to next? How about a shattering subduction quake in Pacific Northwest of U.S.? We estimate 10.4 on the Richter scale. We have warned of Ranier. Imagine a 150 meter high tsunami in Puget Sound... ...
http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=6953688

Record heat milestone approaches

PHOENIX -- The Phoenix area is approaching a record that most would likely not want to see.

It's the record for the number of days in a year the Phoenix area has reached at least 110 degrees.

The current record is 28 and the Phoenix area is at 26 and counting.

The chances are very good the Phoenix area will break the record soon because of forecasts of above-average temperatures throughout the week.

The latest the Phoenix area has hit 110 degrees was Sept. 15, 2000. That means the area has about a month to smash the record.

The official temperature for Phoenix is recorded at Sky Harbor.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070820/NEWS01/70820019/1008

Louisville sets new hot-weather record
Monday, August 20, 2007
By Dan Klepal
The Courier-Journal

Congratulations, Louisville, you’ve now set a new longevity record for summer misery.

The thermometer hit 90 degrees late this morning making it the 22nd consecutive day of at least 90-degree heat.

The previous streak of 21 straight days last occurred two generations ago, in 1936; identical 21-day streaks also happened in 1900 and 1901.

It’s one of the oldest records in the weather business, which started tracking such things in 1871.

Today the forecast high is 96 degrees. It is expected to stay in the mid-90s all week, according to forecasters at the National Weather Service in Louisville.

The record was really clinched on Saturday, when the forecast high was 89, but the red line on the thermometer managed to creep up to 90, just barely keeping us in the game.

Saturday was actually refreshing, compared to Tuesday and Wednesday, when temperatures were 103 and 105 degrees, respectively.

Back
Top Bottom