Help with creating (and proofreading) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

I have finally finished transcribing Show# 25 Julius Caesar: Evil Dictator or Messiah for humanity!! :cheer: :cheer: With my family commitments and being a two finger typist, it has taken me so very long, and I appreciate everyone's patience! :knitting:

I have uploaded it to our database for proof-reading, however if anyone is wanting to read it now, I can attach the pdf copy, providing the mods are happy for me to do so.

dulma said:
I want to translate to spanish the Program #35 "SURVIVING THE END OF THE WORLD". But is it written in English? :)
Regards
Dulma

Hi Dulma, I would PM Chu to find out what needs translating into Spanish. I don't think episode 35 has been transcribed in English yet.

Meager1 said:
Volunteering.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Hi Meager1, sure! Was there anything in specific you wanted to help on?

Meager1 said:
Nope, anything you need done is ok with me.

Okay, would you mind transcribing Episode #29, All and Everything Part 4? I attached a word file to this post that contains the first 12 minutes of it. Thanks!

Arwenn said:
I have finally finished transcribing Show# 25 Julius Caesar: Evil Dictator or Messiah for humanity!! :cheer: :cheer: With my family commitments and being a two finger typist, it has taken me so very long, and I appreciate everyone's patience! :knitting:

:headbanger:

Attachments

• Show_29 All and Everything Part 4.doc
    33 KB · Views: 14
Turgon said:
dulma said:
I want to translate to spanish the Program #35 "SURVIVING THE END OF THE WORLD". But is it written in English? :)
Regards
Dulma

Hi Dulma, I would PM Chu to find out what needs translating into Spanish. I don't think episode 35 has been transcribed in English yet.

Hi dulma, it's transcribed and in proof-reading process, it will be probably published soon. See this quote:

Nicolas said:
I am working on the proof reading of the show and hope to have it done by this weekend. Then it will be published.

Also, if you'd like to know the status of the other transcripts, here's the table that is at the beginning of the thread.

Well, I could attach the transcript(not fully polished) as well, just not sure if it's ok to do that, so I say/ask the same as Arwenn:

Arwenn said:
[...] however if anyone is wanting to read it now, I can attach the pdf copy, providing the mods are happy for me to do so.

Okay, would you mind transcribing Episode #29, All and Everything Part 4? I attached a word file to this post that contains the first 12 minutes of it. Thanks!

Apparently I need to have the Microsoft Office program installed, which I do not have
to read, or add to these files.
I`m just not sure I can spend the $99.99 to download it right now.

Is there any other program that I can use instead, that would work?

Meager1 said:
Is there any other program that I can use instead, that would work?

Open Office can open Word files and be saved as .doc files - http://www.openoffice.org/download/

Meager1 said:
The table is showing All and Everything part 4 as done, or is that wrong?

I just checked the Translation database and the one on this thread and neither of them say the transcription for #29 is done.

Hey everyone,

I posted this on the transcribing Cass group, and I'll also post it here-is there any program that can help with the transcribing process? The way I was doing it was by listening, pausing and typing (researching certain Roman terms etc. that I was unfamiliar with), which took me a while.

I'd like to help more, but I don't want to keep the forum waiting on my transcripts. :/

Meager1 said:
Volunteering.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Hi meager1,

Would you like to join the yahoo translation-transcription group?

If so, I would send you an invitation to join the group and it would be a lot easier to see what needs to be done.

Turgon said:
Meager1 said:
The table is showing All and Everything part 4 as done, or is that wrong?

I just checked the Translation database and the one on this thread and neither of them say the transcription for #29 is done.

Please note that the Translation database is the most accurate base to know what has been done.

The one on this thread might not be always up to date.

Arwenn said:
Hey everyone,

I posted this on the transcribing Cass group, and I'll also post it here-is there any program that can help with the transcribing process? The way I was doing it was by listening, pausing and typing (researching certain Roman terms etc. that I was unfamiliar with), which took me a while.

I'd like to help more, but I don't want to keep the forum waiting on my transcripts. :/

There is this neat program called Express Scribe that will make things go quicker when it comes to that. Herondancer posted a link to download the program here.

Back
Top Bottom