Help with creating (and proofreading) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

Hi meager1,

Would you like to join the yahoo translation-transcription group?

If so, I would send you an invitation to join the group and it would be a lot easier to see what needs to be done.

Yes, please.

Meager1 said:
Hi meager1,

Would you like to join the yahoo translation-transcription group?

If so, I would send you an invitation to join the group and it would be a lot easier to see what needs to be done.

Yes, please.

Hi meager1,

An invitation to join the group has just been sent to you.

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group and someone will give you the officail Welcome message explaining how to proceed.

And as you know, please remember the following note which is very important for all translators/transcribers :

"Notice to all those interested in volunteering to do translations/transcriptions: We would also like to strongly suggest that you participate regularly in the forum. As you can imagine, translating SOTT/QFS/FOTCM/Cass material also requires a desire to work on the self. This project, believe it or not, is a very useful tool for us all, as we learn a lot about ourselves, networking and the material itself while doing it. But most of the networking and work on the self needs to be done in the forum. The more you participate, the more you learn and the more other members learn with you! "

Turgon said:
Arwenn said:
Hey everyone,

I posted this on the transcribing Cass group, and I'll also post it here-is there any program that can help with the transcribing process? The way I was doing it was by listening, pausing and typing (researching certain Roman terms etc. that I was unfamiliar with), which took me a while.

I'd like to help more, but I don't want to keep the forum waiting on my transcripts. :/

There is this neat program called Express Scribe that will make things go quicker when it comes to that. Herondancer posted a link to download the program here.

Thanks Turgon!

Hi Gandalf, I would like to help with transcription and proofreading if you are still looking for help. I just uploaded Word so have a software to work with. My computer died a few months ago and I didn't have the funds for the softwares. I just found out I can upload online. DUH! I am not very IT savvy but have done transcription as part of my job for years. I did help with one video many months ago but it was cumbersome because it was a YouTube video and didn't know how to turn into a sound file. I am familiar with ExpressScribe and even have a foot pedal at home. So if I can help with either in English may I sign up? I have no experience with Yahoo groups so that will be a learning curve as well.

Bluefyre said:
Hi Gandalf, I would like to help with transcription and proofreading if you are still looking for help.

Hi Bluefyre,

Thanks for your offer and yes we do need help.

So an invitation to join the group has just been sent to you.

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group and someone will give you the officail Welcome message explaining how to proceed.

And as you know, please remember the following note which is very important for all translators/transcribers :

"Notice to all those interested in volunteering to do translations/transcriptions: We would also like to strongly suggest that you participate regularly in the forum. As you can imagine, translating SOTT/QFS/FOTCM/Cass material also requires a desire to work on the self. This project, believe it or not, is a very useful tool for us all, as we learn a lot about ourselves, networking and the material itself while doing it. But most of the networking and work on the self needs to be done in the forum. The more you participate, the more you learn and the more other members learn with you! "

Hi Gandalf,

Apologies for the inconvenience, but I have my old email and just changed it in my profile could you please re-send the link when you have time. Thanks. I'm looking forward to helping. I'm a little slow on the uptake and learning how to use the forum properly, mostly fear programs interfering.

Bluefyre said:
Hi Gandalf,

Apologies for the inconvenience, but I have my old email and just changed it in my profile could you please re-send the link when you have time. Thanks. I'm looking forward to helping. I'm a little slow on the uptake and learning how to use the forum properly, mostly fear programs interfering.

Done

Thanks Gandalf for responding so quickly. I've got the software and the foot pedal. Now to do a test sound file download. I checked the table and there appear to be several available. Does it matter which I start on? How about #33, Web of Debt?

Bluefyre said:
Thanks Gandalf for responding so quickly. I've got the software and the foot pedal. Now to do a test sound file download. I checked the table and there appear to be several available. Does it matter which I start on? How about #33, Web of Debt?

Bluefyre said:
I've started #33. If someone else is doing it, good practice for me. :)

Perfect for #33.

And I saw that you have recorded it in the database of the yahoo group. :thup:

Hi Gandalf,

I was doing some research into the NeuroFeedBack, and have started transcribing the related SOTT Talk Radio show #40.

I only saw this thread just now.

What I have done so far is the first 6 mins, located for your pre-view at: (sent via PM)

I will plod on with it, let me know if it is of use?

John Ainhirn-Williams said:
Hi Gandalf,

I was doing some research into the NeuroFeedBack, and have started transcribing the related SOTT Talk Radio show #40.

I only saw this thread just now.

What I have done so far is the first 6 mins, located for your pre-view at: (sent via PM)

I will plod on with it, let me know if it is of use?

Hi John,

The show has already been transcribed.

As you have just discovered this thread recently, it is always better to ask here what has been done and what needs to be done when you are not a member of the yahoo group.

We have many members who are transcribing the many shows and in order to avoid "doubloon", we do encourage members to verify first before doing any transcription.

Gandalf said:
Hi John,

As you have just discovered this thread recently, it is always better to ask here what has been done and what needs to be done when you are not a member of the yahoo group.

We have many members who are transcribing the many shows and in order to avoid "doubloon", we do encourage members to verify first before doing any transcription.
Sorry was not trying to cause problems, is the transcript available yet, and if so, where?

John Ainhirn-Williams said:
Gandalf said:
Hi John,

Sorry was not trying to cause problems, is the transcript available yet, and if so, where?

The transcript is not available yet since it needs to be proofread.

As soon as it has been proofread, it will be published on Sott.net.

New transcript available on SOTT (Show #35). :dance:

See the table for the direct link https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31252.msg413444.html#msg413444

Back
Top Bottom