Help with creating (and proofreading) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

Menrva said:
I would love to help with the proof reading, too. Can I get an invite to the group?

Hi Menrva,

The translation/transcriber team will be happy to welcome you. :clap:

So, an invitation to join the group has just been sent to you.

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group.

And as you know, please remember the following note which is very important for all translators/transcribers :

"Notice to all those interested in volunteering to do translations/transcriptions: We would also like to strongly suggest that you participate regularly in the forum. As you can imagine, translating SOTT/QFS/FOTCM/Cass material also requires a desire to work on the self. This project, believe it or not, is a very useful tool for us all, as we learn a lot about ourselves, networking and the material itself while doing it. But most of the networking and work on the self needs to be done in the forum. The more you participate, the more you learn and the more other members learn with you! "

I uploaded the transcript following the steps in the guide, but wasn't able to see it after I loaded it and did a search. It should be there and ready for proofreading.
It's #4, Cosmic Catastrophe, Drones and Social Hysteria, the 2nd part.

Menrva said:
I uploaded the transcript following the steps in the guide, but wasn't able to see it after I loaded it and did a search. It should be there and ready for proofreading.

I see only one post by you in the DB http://cassiopaea.org/transop/details.php?aku=aWQ9NzU3JnN0YXRlPTI=

You can enter the link if you are signed in the DB. It doesn't say part 2 though.

Alana said:
Menrva said:

I see only one post by you in the DB http://cassiopaea.org/transop/details.php?aku=aWQ9NzU3JnN0YXRlPTI=

You can enter the link if you are signed in the DB. It doesn't say part 2 though.

Hi Menrva,

As Alana said, your file is there and the ID number is 757.

However the status of your file says that is "To Do". So if you have finished it, could you modify it for "Done".

And for all the subjects concerning the database and the transcriptions/proofreadings, please do so in the yahoo group. It is a lot easier for all the members of the group to follow what is going on in the group. Thanks ;)

Thank you.

Gandalf said:
However the status of your file says that is "To Do". So if you have finished it, could you modify it for "Done".

The status has been changed to Done.

Gandalf said:
And for all the subjects concerning the database and the transcriptions/proofreadings, please do so in the yahoo group. It is a lot easier for all the members of the group to follow what is going on in the group. Thanks ;)

Will do :)

New transcript available (Show #11).

See the table for the direct link https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31252.msg413444.html#msg413444

New transcript available (Show #7).

See the table for the direct link https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31252.msg413444.html#msg413444

New transcript available (Show #5).

I'd like to transcribe the latest show; #21, Ice Age Cometh? Extreme Weather Events and 'Climate Change', is that fine?
I'm still receiving mails from transop, but can't seem to login, is it just forum login or is it a specific transop login?

parallel said:
I'd like to transcribe the latest show; #21, Ice Age Cometh? Extreme Weather Events and 'Climate Change', is that fine?
I'm still receiving mails from transop, but can't seem to login, is it just forum login or is it a specific transop login?

That's a pretty good show to transcribe :cool:
I would love to try out helping with proofreading/transcribing also, considering I have a bit more spare time now.

Also, if you ever need someone to translate articles into Swahili, I could give it a shot haha - although my written Swahili is dire, but hey, it'll give me a chance to practice ;)

parallel said:

Hi parallel,

Great, It is ok and I have indicated it in the list at the beginning of this thread.

However since you are still a member of the translation group, it would be good if you could say that in that group.

parallel said:

You must be receiving mails from the Yahoo translation group and yes it is a specific login. You are still a member of that group so if you can't login for whatever reason, let me know and I will send you a new invitation.

May I presume that you can't access neither the transop database?

SMM said:
That's a pretty good show to transcribe :cool:
I would love to try out helping with proofreading/transcribing also, considering I have a bit more spare time now.

Also, if you ever need someone to translate articles into Swahili, I could give it a shot haha - although my written Swahili is dire, but hey, it'll give me a chance to practice ;)

We always need help to transcribe, translate or proofread. So if you are interested in helping us, let me know and I will send you an invitation to join the group.

chitta said:
hello!

i would like to help you with proofreading .

Hi chitta,

Thanks for your offer.

Do you want to help the English team in proofreading the SOTT Talk Radio or the Spanish team in proofreading Spanish articles.

Back
Top Bottom