Help with creating (and proofreading) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

Re: Help with creating (and proofreadind) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

Edit: Whoops! It seems upon inspection that my earlier post didn't actually fix the table for me... it only fixed it in the preview window, and I didn't check it after posting. My mistake.

Here's how the table looks like for me at 100%:

My hope was to help by shrinking the text so no one would have to bother zooming out to correct this, but it's seeming that the text gets pretty small when I try this (as evidenced below) which may not be good for those with difficulty seeing.

For those who don't know, another way to "zoom" in/out and change the text size is to hold the Control key while pressing the plus or minus buttons, at least in Firefox which I use. You can the size back to normal with Control-0 (Control-zero).

Gandalf said:
So far, here's the list of the shows and who is doing the transcript.

Show #
Show #1 :
Show #2 :
Show #3 :
Show #4 :
Show #5 :
Show #6 :
Show #7 :
Show #8 :
Show #9 :
Show #10 :
Show #11 :
Show #12 :
Show #13 :
Show #14 :
Show #15 :
Show #16 :
Show #17 :
Show #18 :
Show #19 :
Show #20 :
Show #21 :
Show #22 :
Show #23 :
Show #24 :

Name of the Show
The Sandy Hook Massacre - What Really Happened
Gun Control USA: Do Guns Protect Civil Liberties?
Are Psychopaths Cool? Uncovering the predators among us
Cosmic Catastrophe and Social Hysteria
Climate Change, Food Shortages and the Future
Global War on Terror: Fake terrorism and Empire
Paleo food: Staying Healthy in a GMO world
Women Who Love Psychopaths - With Sandra L. Brown
Iraq Invasion - Ten years later
Is Science a Force for Good in the World? - Modern Medicine
Good Science, Bad Science - Psychology and Psychiatry
'Settled Science' - How Greed Corrupted the Hard Sciences
Baghdad to Boston - Terrorism Strikes the American Homeland
Bitcoin, Gold and the Cashless Society
No Ordinary Inside Job: The 9/11 Psy-Ops
Dr Colin Ross Interview: CIA Doctors and the Psychiatry Scam
'It's all a hoax!' The madness of conspiracy theorists
Empathy Trap - Breaking Free From Psychopaths and Sociopaths
Physician, Heal Thyself: Disease And Modern Diet
NSA PRISM - Neither Privacy Nor Security
Ice Age Cometh? Extreme Weather Events and ‘Climate Change’
Manufacturing Civil War in Syria
All and Everything
Who was Jesus?

Volunteer doing it
Turgon
Tempo
parallel
mimimari/Menrva
herondancer
Turgon
herondancer
Muxel
QuantumLogic
Carlise/ Momo
Olesya
webglider
Bear/Atuya
Nicolas
herondancer
Stoneboss
chrismcdude
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

IT
done
-
done
-
done
-
done
done
-
-
done
-
-
done
done
-
done
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

PR1
done
-
done
-
-
-
-
done
-
-
done
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

on SOTT
yes
-
yes
-
yes
-
yes
yes
-
-
yes
-
-
-
yes
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Note: IT = Initial transcription
PR1 = Proofreading 1

New transcript available on SOTT (Show #16). :dance:

See the table for the direct link https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31252.msg413444.html#msg413444

I'm able to be active again, and I would like to take show #24 Who was Jesus? Has anyone started it yet?

herondancer said:
I'm able to be active again, and I would like to take show #24 Who was Jesus? Has anyone started it yet?

According to the database, nobody has taken it yet.

So you can take it.

New transcript available on SOTT (Show #4). :dance:

See the table for the direct link https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31252.msg413444.html#msg413444

I'm so enthralled by this topic, I'd like to volunteer for transcribing Show #25, if you guys are happy for me to do so.

Arwenn said:
I'm so enthralled by this topic, I'd like to volunteer for transcribing Show #25, if you guys are happy for me to do so.

Hi Arwenn,

I have just verified in the yahoo group and the show is available.

So you can transcribe it. (I have just added your name over here)

By the way, since all this work is done now in the yahoo group, would you be interested to join the group and help the transcribers in that group?

Thanks again.

Gandalf said:
Arwenn said:

Hi Arwenn,

By the way, since all this work is done now in the yahoo group, would you be interested to join the group and help the transcribers in that group?

Thanks again.

Yes, I am happy to join the group, although I am very much an IT neophyte. I'm not sure how the yahoo group works, although I'm sure I'll work it out!

I will start transcribing Show #25, once it's been typed (is word format OK)- who do I send it to?

Arwenn said:
Yes, I am happy to join the group, although I am very much an IT neophyte. I'm not sure how the yahoo group works, although I'm sure I'll work it out!

I will start transcribing Show #25, once it's been typed (is word format OK)- who do I send it to?

Hi Arwenn,

Word format is perfect.

An invitation to join the group has just been sent to you.

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group. And someone will be there to welcome you and tell you how the group is working.
So, you won't have to send it to someone but only to register it in our database.

And as you know, please remember the following note which is very important for all translators/transcribers :

"Notice to all those interested in volunteering to do translations/transcriptions: We would also like to strongly suggest that you participate regularly in the forum. As you can imagine, translating SOTT/QFS/FOTCM/Cass material also requires a desire to work on the self. This project, believe it or not, is a very useful tool for us all, as we learn a lot about ourselves, networking and the material itself while doing it. But most of the networking and work on the self needs to be done in the forum. The more you participate, the more you learn and the more other members learn with you! "

herondancer said:
Hi all,

Sott Talk Radio the latest important resource created for sincere truth seekers. However, it's a problem for the hearing-impaired, and those who can't access the stream for one reason or another. We can remedy that! :)

Anyone who would like to volunteer to help transcribe the weekly episodes of SOTT Talk Radio, please post here. You'll be contacted with how to proceed.

Thanks!

Edited: Please note that we need proofreaders once the transcription has been done. So don't hesitate to give your name if you want to do some proofreading. ;)

Hello herondancer, I would love to help out with this, let me know what I need to do and how to proceed.

NinaMosi said:
herondancer said:
Hi all,

Sott Talk Radio the latest important resource created for sincere truth seekers. However, it's a problem for the hearing-impaired, and those who can't access the stream for one reason or another. We can remedy that! :)

Anyone who would like to volunteer to help transcribe the weekly episodes of SOTT Talk Radio, please post here. You'll be contacted with how to proceed.

Thanks!

Edited: Please note that we need proofreaders once the transcription has been done. So don't hesitate to give your name if you want to do some proofreading. ;)

Hello herondancer, I would love to help out with this, let me know what I need to do and how to proceed.

Hi NimaMosi,

Would you like to join the transaltion/transcript yahoo group?

All the work is done in that group and members of the groups can see via a table in the database what needs to be done.

So, if you are interested, let us know,

Gandalf said:
NinaMosi said:
herondancer said:
Hi all,

Thanks!

Hi NimaMosi,

Would you like to join the transaltion/transcript yahoo group?

All the work is done in that group and members of the groups can see via a table in the database what needs to be done.

So, if you are interested, let us know,

Yes, Gandalf, I would be interested in joining the translation/transcript yahoo group. Please provide details as to how to proceed further.

Gandalf said:
Arwenn said:

Hi Arwenn,

Word format is perfect.

An invitation to join the group has just been sent to you.

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group. And someone will be there to welcome you and tell you how the group is working.
So, you won't have to send it to someone but only to register it in our database.

And as you know, please remember the following note which is very important for all translators/transcribers :

"Notice to all those interested in volunteering to do translations/transcriptions: We would also like to strongly suggest that you participate regularly in the forum. As you can imagine, translating SOTT/QFS/FOTCM/Cass material also requires a desire to work on the self. This project, believe it or not, is a very useful tool for us all, as we learn a lot about ourselves, networking and the material itself while doing it. But most of the networking and work on the self needs to be done in the forum. The more you participate, the more you learn and the more other members learn with you! "

Hi Gandalf,

Got the invite, and joined the group. Will get started as soon as I can on transcribing the show. I will also endeavor to be more active on the forum. Anything short of that is just an excuse, so point taken.

Gandalf said:
Arwenn said:

Hi Arwenn,

Thanks again.

On the link above with the listing of the shows, you have put me next to Show#13- do you need to move me over to #25?

Arwenn said:
Gandalf said:
Arwenn said:

Hi Arwenn,

Thanks again.

On the link above with the listing of the shows, you have put me next to Show#13- do you need to move me over to #25?

Hi Arwenn,

As far as I can see, you are registered for show #25.

Maybe you could try to modify the size of your zoom to see if it is OK.

See my answer to your initial post in the yahoo group and after reading the Guide, please think about registering your file in the database so everyone in the group know that you are doing it.

Back
Top Bottom