Help with creating (and proofreading) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

NinaMosi said:
Yes, Gandalf, I would be interested in joining the translation/transcript yahoo group. Please provide details as to how to proceed further.

Hi NinaMosi,

An invitation to join the group has just been sent to you.

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group and someone will give you the officail Welcome message explaining how to proceed.

And as you know, please remember the following note which is very important for all translators/transcribers :

"Notice to all those interested in volunteering to do translations/transcriptions: We would also like to strongly suggest that you participate regularly in the forum. As you can imagine, translating SOTT/QFS/FOTCM/Cass material also requires a desire to work on the self. This project, believe it or not, is a very useful tool for us all, as we learn a lot about ourselves, networking and the material itself while doing it. But most of the networking and work on the self needs to be done in the forum. The more you participate, the more you learn and the more other members learn with you! "

NinaMosi said:
Hello herondancer, I would love to help out with this, let me know what I need to do and how to proceed.

Hi NinaMosi,

I've still got about twenty minutes left to transcribe, so hopefully it will be finished in the next two days or so. This was a long and lively show! When it's done, it will be uploaded in the translation data base. Then you will be able to check it out of the db for proofing, by listening and reading along to see if there was anything I missed or garbled up. A second pair of ears always catches stuff. Thanks for the offer!

The initial pass for show #24, Who was Jesus is now posted in the transop data base for proof reading. It's a goody!

herondancer said:
The initial pass for show #24, Who was Jesus is now posted in the transop data base for proof reading. It's a goody!

herondancer-
I have checked this out and will begin work on it.

Immersion said:
I'm good to do either transcribing/proofreading if you guys want the help :)

Hi immersion,

Sure we want your help. :clap:

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group and someone will give you the officail Welcome message explaining how to proceed.

And as you know, please remember the following note which is very important for all translators/transcribers :

"Notice to all those interested in volunteering to do translations/transcriptions: We would also like to strongly suggest that you participate regularly in the forum. As you can imagine, translating SOTT/QFS/FOTCM/Cass material also requires a desire to work on the self. This project, believe it or not, is a very useful tool for us all, as we learn a lot about ourselves, networking and the material itself while doing it. But most of the networking and work on the self needs to be done in the forum. The more you participate, the more you learn and the more other members learn with you! "

Leòmhann said:
Gandalf, please count me in as a proofreader...

Thanks,
L (Rich)

Hi Leòmhann,

Thanks for your offer. :clap:

Gandalf said:
Hi Leòmhann,

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group and someone will give you the official Welcome message explaining how to proceed.

Excellent :) ~ ok, I'm all set up with a profile, sent out the intro message to the group, and afterward sent out an intro message to Ailén to see if she has a show transcription file ready for proofreading...

Is the show assignment/status table listing still primarily updated here? :scooter:

Leòmhann said:
Gandalf said:
Hi Leòmhann,

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group and someone will give you the official Welcome message explaining how to proceed.

Excellent :) ~ ok, I'm all set up with a profile, sent out the intro message to the group, and afterward sent out an intro message to Ailén to see if she has a show transcription file ready for proofreading...

Is the show assignment/status table listing still primarily updated here? :scooter:

Yes the table is updated unless I missed something recently. However, since you are a member of the yahoo group, you can verify that in the database of the group.

The database will tell you who is doing what. So you will be able to see what shows have been transcribed and what shows have been proofread.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask them in the translation/transcipt's group

See you there.

Gandalf said:
Leòmhann said:
Gandalf said:
Hi Leòmhann,

Yes the table is updated unless I missed something recently. However, since you are a member of the yahoo group, you can verify that in the database of the group.

The database will tell you who is doing what. So you will be able to see what shows have been transcribed and what shows have been proofread.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask them in the translation/transcipt's group

See you there.

Ok, awesome, I've received your messages, logged into the database, and will take a look at what is available to start on...

Thanks, Gandalf :) Will catch up with you via email also (see a new one arrived) :scooter:

As I have said many times, but needs repeating:
!!! THANKS FOR THE TRANSLATION TEAM !!! :clap:

New transcript available on SOTT (Show #24). :dance:

See the table for the direct link https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31252.msg413444.html#msg413444

Back
Top Bottom