High Dose Intravenous Vitamin C (and other vitamin infusions)

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
There are a number of threads on the forum here that discuss Vitamin C in various ways so I'm going to link a couple of useful ones here:

Quality Liposomal Vitamin C

Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)

Here is the site that instructs how to titrate to tolerance:
Vitamin C Dosage in Disease

Now, having that on record, I'd like to share this video about the Australian Farmer who experienced a "miraculous cure" with high dose Vitamin C, initially via IV, and then, when the doctors threw him under the bus, his family provided liposomal. It is a pretty dramatic story, but from what I've read, not so "miraculous" or unusual when using high doses of Vitamin C via intravenous infusion. This is an Australian news show like 60 minutes and the real miracle is that they actually aired this!

Okay, now having watched that, let me just say that we've read and heard of Vitamin C miracles again and again and again, and have even witnessed a few, and it is all with high dose Vit C either via IV or liposomal, though titrating to tolerance can do a lot too! But if you watched the video, the idea that this is some kind of bizarre, one-off miracle is the attitude of the presenters. The doctors, of course, are something else. It can be working before their eyes, but because they are so programmed, they will say "oh, he got better because we turned him over"! I nearly choked when I heard that. It's so classic! Did you see the guy's lung X ray from one day to the next? Whoah!

However, that case got so much media attention that the Mayo clinic actually did change their article about vit C therapy just a little and now doctors are allowed to say that it can be a "helpful adjunct" to medical treatment.

AND, more importantly, as a result of some changes in attitude that I think were partly as a result of this Australian case, there are now clinics all over the place where you can get vitamin IV therapy. They appear to be mostly set up for "vanity medicine" or anti-aging, but clearly, some of them can and do provide the high dose C via IV.

See these:

Meet the Medical Team - Holistic Health and Cancer Clinic

Detox & Anti-Aging IV Vitamin Infusion in Jacksonville, FL | Thrive

IV and IM Vitamins | Ocala, Florida | Recharge Clinic

IV Nutritional Therapies – Proactive Wellness Centers

IV Vitamin Therapy by Antiaging Infusion in Pembroke Pines

We've been looking more deeply into high dose vitamin C therapy lately, reading papers, understanding how it is done and so forth, so hopefully, we can put some of that information together here for any of you who might need it, including where you can get it or even how to do it yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking into making my own liposomal vitamin c becuase it's very expensive to purchase it. As a result, I only take a little and top it up with standard L-ascorbic acid up to bowel tolerance. I was wondering if someone how much liposomal vitamin c should ideally be taken per day? Is it also taken to bowel tolerance? If yes, is it a similar amount to standard vitamin c? Or less since it's more potent?

Another thing is that ultrasonic machines come in different sizes and have different frequency. Would 40KHz be enough for example?

Opinions differ as far as adding alcohol is concerned. In the thread Quality Liposomal Vitamin C liked above there was a discussion about this but it wasn't very conclusive. I'd prefer to skip alcohol becuase I don't react well to it.

Any suggestions would be really helpful as I would really like to finally get the machine. :-)

Last edited:
I´d like very much to know if some forumers have tried to make liposomal C vit. with both types of ultrasound cleaners, the little ordinary ones of 40-50 Hz and the ones of higher frequency, and if it makes a distinctive effect. I remember some people already asked this question, but I didn´t detect any answers on that topic. I´m always using a 50 Kz cleaner but it has crossed my mind many times that maybe there could be some enhancing effect of the vit.C at a higher frequency. Any suggestions?

This guy claims that you can get even higher level of vitamin C in your blood by taking dehydroascorbic acid.

I´d like very much to know if some forumers have tried to make liposomal C vit. with both types of ultrasound cleaners, the little ordinary ones of 40-50 Hz and the ones of higher frequency, and if it makes a distinctive effect. I remember some people already asked this question, but I didn´t detect any answers on that topic. I´m always using a 50 Kz cleaner but it has crossed my mind many times that maybe there could be some enhancing effect of the vit.C at a higher frequency. Any suggestions?

We got a used lab grade unit and it works well as long as the correct recipe is followed. It's pretty cheap when you make it yourself.

I suppose if a person was sick somehow that a tablespoon of liposomal 3 or 4 (or even more) times a day would do the trick. If you make a liter of it, you could just sip it out of the bottle all day.

Check the thread about making liposomal or the other Vit C thread; pretty sure there are recipes there.

But peeps, notice the title of the thread; I'm interested in research on IV use. Does anybody know anyone who has ever done it? What stories are out there about it? Maybe a look at the laws about it in different places? If doctors don't prescribe it, can people do it anyway? Are there any actual direct laws against it? I mean, look at all the clinics that offer it as a cosmetic or anti-aging thing! Are they doing this to fly under the radar, so to say?

Here in the UK the NHS doesn't recommend this as cancer treatment, on their website they state that experiments in mice don't necessarily mean that the same results will be achieved in humans, and that IV vitamin C is more of a supplement than an alternative.

However, it isn't banned here:

Vitamin C jabs and cancer
What does the NHS Knowledge Service make of this study?
This is a very preliminary study looking at the effects of high levels of vitamin C on tumour cells grown in the lab, or in small numbers of mice. It is worth noting that not all of the tumour cells grown in the laboratory were susceptible to ascorbic acid, and only one of the cancer cell lines that was tested in mice was a human cell line.

Although this study may lead to further research into the anticancer effects of vitamin C, it cannot prove that vitamin C injections will necessarily have the same effects in humans. The authors report that the concentrations of vitamin C used could not be achieved orally; therefore it certainly should not be assumed that taking vitamin C orally would have similar effects.

Sir Muir Gray adds...
Vitamin C won't do any harm and may do some good, but as a supplement to conventional treatment and not an alternative.

There are plenty of clinics that do it here, some examples:

Immunity Drip - Get A Drip
IV Vitamin Drips | London Premier Laser Clinic
Vitamin Injections UK for just £180 | IV Nutrient Vitamin - Clinica Fiore

However, I noticed some disclaimers, like this one here: Vitamin C Injections - Book Today - Vitamin Injections London

DISCLAIMER: OUR VITAMIN IVS, INTRAMUSCULAR INJECTIONS AND BOOSTERS ARE NOT MEANT TO DIAGNOSE OR TREAT MEDICAL CONDITIONS.
WE CAN'T TREAT CANCER PATIENTS OR PREGNANT WOMEN WITHOUT A DR'S LETTER.

So technically if someone doesn't mention they have cancer they could use this therapy as treatment 'under the radar' of the healthcare system. And since the NHS doesn't actually disallow it, a doctor may in fact provide a letter to the clinic. I guess this would depend on the level of that doctor's indoctrination.

I'll check out some forums to see what people say about this treatment. So far I bumped into this one:

All iv Vitamin c Put me in Remission messages

Hi, I just wanted other women like myself who have advance ovarian cancer 3C to know that IV vitamin C has helped to put me in remission. I took 100grams daily by IV from July 2006 - Sept and now my CT scan is clear. The scan report previously showed a tumour in my pelvic area 1.5cm plus substantial cancer on my colon (I already have a colostomy from past surgery for mets). I had already had two courses of chemo that had not worked and I refused the third course due to fear of felling so ill again. I took VPS and omega 3, salvestrol etc., a strict vegan diet with no sugar or yeast etc., and so far so good. Considering I was given only six months to live I am thrilled. I hope and pray that I remain clear as at one time my CA125 was 8500 (Jan 2005). I have been in hospital and a hospice for seven months which was terribly hard on my family. I have four children the youngest is only four. Please consider IV vitamin C if all else fails. Has anyone already tried this route? Marian

I also found those studies:

Intravenous vitamin C in the supportive care of cancer patients: a review and rational approach
Intravenously administered vitamin C as cancer therapy: three cases

I noticed they are vague and don't use any definite language to say if it IV vitamin C would be an effective therapy. It's referred to as 'supportive treatment' that could be done alongside the standard cancer therapy. I guess stating it's better than chemo wouldn't get them far in terms of attracting funding. Here's an excerpt describing some of their recommendations:

Key points
■ Provide clear information to patients: The effect of adding IV vitamin C (IV C) to chemotherapy is unknown in terms of overall efficacy and could potentially reduce treatment efficacy despite any positive effects.
■ Low-dose IV C could be given before chemotherapy, followed by a break of at least 30–60 minutes, depending on the dose, to allow for clearance and to avoid any significant interaction with chemotherapy.
■ At the discretion of the provider and depending on chemotherapy metabolism and clearance time, IV C could be given after chemotherapy— specifically, 12–72 hours after chemotherapy.
(...)

Last edited:
But peeps, notice the title of the thread; I'm interested in research on IV use. Does anybody know anyone who has ever done it? What stories are out there about it? Maybe a look at the laws about it in different places? If doctors don't prescribe it, can people do it anyway? Are there any actual direct laws against it? I mean, look at all the clinics that offer it as a cosmetic or anti-aging thing! Are they doing this to fly under the radar, so to say?

There are several clinics in the Netherlands that give this treatment. Vitamin C (with or without other vitamins, antioxidants, etc.) via IV are provided, and I haven't seen the requirement of a doctor's prescription. Here are some examples of clinics:

- Newmedix: This clinic is health-based (not cosmetic), so they provide the treatment to improve your health. Before you can do the IV treatment, they will first have a talk with you and do a lab research with a urine sample. They will also do a blood test. They do this to get an idea of possible underlying causes of symptoms. It may also be possible to do the treatment without an elaborate check-up, but I'm not sure. Added: Prior to the treatment, they will always do at least a blood test to look at liver and kidney function, and vitamin levels. They even made an appearance on the TV!

Reviews about the IV treatment (which includes other vitamins as well):

"Thanks to the treatment at Newmedix, I have built up a super condition. With that condition I entered the Stem Cell Transplantation (especially vitamin D, and liposomal Vitamin C, and 1000mg of vitamin C and a tablespoon of lemon juice every morning). While the doctors said that I had to stay at the hospital for 5 weeks to recover, I was already home after 9 days. They also said that I would need 9 months to a year to recover, but we're now a couple of months in and I'm feeling great. I've actually never felt this great. Even my hair has been growing back. I'm 58 and usually you get gray hair back after Stem Cell Transplantation, but my hair is beautiful. I feel better than ever before."

"I have had breast cancer and have come to you to work on my immune system. I am now in week 5 of my treatment and I'm really noticing a difference. I feel recovered, better, less tired and sleepy, and I can do more. So I'm experiencing a big difference."

- Clinique Dokter Don: This clinic provides a treatment consisting of a combination of vitamins via IV. This clinic is mostly cosmetic based. But they do say the IV treatment can help with diseases, allergies, etc. I couldn't find any IV treatment reviews, but they seem to have a high satisfaction score overall (they provide all kinds of beauty treatments). One IV treatment costs about 150 euros.

- Centrum de Peel: This is actually a GP practice! And the info is primarily about high doses of vitamin C via IV. The procedure there is:

"Before a treatment can be started, we will check the kidney function and the initial value of vitamin C. If all requirements are met, a protocol will be started. This protocol comes from an American clinic where more than 35,000 vitamin C IV treatments have been given. You will get an IV treatment two times a week in our practice."

They add: "Extensive research has been done into the administration of vitamins C infusion, it has been proven to be safe and effective and almost without side effects. Studies have been conducted into the treatment of rheumatism, infectious diseases and cancer by means of vitamin C infusions."

I couldn't find any reviews from this practice (about the IV treatment).

I'll see if I can find some more information or reviews about/experiences with this treatment.

Last edited:
This is an Australian news show like 60 minutes and the real miracle is that they actually aired this!

That's a New Zealand story and program - though I don't doubt the same thing goes on here.

Not so much scientific study, but plenty anecdotal stuff around the internet about using injectable vitamin C for snake bite in animals - dogs and farm animals. It can be an subcutaneous or intramuscular injection - but apparently it can really sting so the animal will tolerate the injection if they are extremely unwell, but fight it as they improve. At that point it's suggested that you swap over to oral preparations. Injectable vitamin C sold at produce/stock feed outlets and some online veterinary supplies sites. They use a size 18 needle because the vitamin C is kind of thick.

I haven't seen it used in this fashion, or personally met anyone who has, though I know that one of the tracking clubs used to keep it on hand in case.

If you end up with a loved one sick and in the same battle with hospitals, it might be a consideration to sneak an injection in yourself!

Example of online supply:
JS Enterprise

Here's also a paper written by Dr Wendell Bellfield, a veterinarian - he was the first to consider using Vit C for treating infectious diseases in animals.

http://www.mv.helsinki.fi/home/hemila/animals/Belfield_1967.pdf

The doc attached below is by Pat Coleby - an Aussie farmer who first started collecting stories of vit C as a snake bite cure and writing about it.

Attachments

• vitcsnake.pdf
    64.6 KB · Views: 7
I'll check out some forums to see what people say about this treatment. So far I bumped into this one:

All iv Vitamin c Put me in Remission messages

Hi, I just wanted other women like myself who have advance ovarian cancer 3C to know that IV vitamin C has helped to put me in remission. I took 100grams daily by IV from July 2006 - Sept and now my CT scan is clear. The scan report previously showed a tumour in my pelvic area 1.5cm plus substantial cancer on my colon (I already have a colostomy from past surgery for mets). I had already had two courses of chemo that had not worked and I refused the third course due to fear of felling so ill again. I took VPS and omega 3, salvestrol etc., a strict vegan diet with no sugar or yeast etc., and so far so good. Considering I was given only six months to live I am thrilled. I hope and pray that I remain clear as at one time my CA125 was 8500 (Jan 2005). I have been in hospital and a hospice for seven months which was terribly hard on my family. I have four children the youngest is only four. Please consider IV vitamin C if all else fails. Has anyone already tried this route? Marian

I went to check that one because it was pretty dramatic. She was writing on 24 Oct 2006, so she is basically saying that she was cured in 3 to 4 months - that is, a clear scan after that short a time. PLUS, she was doing 100 grams daily by IV.

I think that is pretty astonishing.

More about Marian and it is VERY dramatic!

Hi, thank you for your response. I used 50 grams daily for a few weeks but developed another tumour and my CA125 tumour marker continued to rise. I decided to increase right up to 200 grams daily . My husband is a doctor so he was monitoring me. By the time I had increased to 125grams daily the tumour had disappeared. It became increasingly difficult to administer due to vein thrombosis. This was a side effect of the chemo so I had a PICC line put in but that failed and all my blood vessels started to thrombose. I added r-ALA to the IV Sodium Ascorbate but reacted to it so just took the r-ALA orally instead.After about six weeks of daily infusions I decided to give the IV treatment a rest until I had a central line put in. This was going to be done at the same time as I was going to have another biopsy. I was only going to have chemo if I knew which chemo was going to help so a biopsy was needed for an assay. By the time I had a scan to check the progress of the cancer it had all disappeared. We were all so shocked and delighted. So far I have been off the IVSA for one month but hope to start again tonight. I understand that the cancer can come back very aggressively if the IVSA is stopped too suddenly. We will use 100 grams twice a week for another two years. I only used testing once to check the saturation level and the lab did the wrong test and tested for B6 instead!! So no we didn't bother with level testing. 50grams did not work for me or for a few others that I know. I also made the mistake of taking a slow drip at first maybe over four hours this is not helpful it needs to be 50grams over 60 minutes followed by 50grams over 120 minutes for the best results. I chatted to Dr Cathcart and Dr Hickey and Dr Roberts plus used the Kansas University protocol. My local hospital and hospice said that I was a very difficult patient because I was suffering from denial. That I would not admit that I was dying that I was making things more difficult for my family by trying these unproven methods of treatment. They just thought I was sad and desperate. I was, and thankfully I am now really well just three months after starting IVC and 3 months into my prognosis of less than 6 months survival. What cancer do you have?What side effects with IVSA- nausea when completing the 125grams dose and general difficulty getting the needle in leading to anxiety. Make sure you drink vast amounts of water with the IVSA. But it was a great deal easier than chemo. I could tell the cancer was dying by the smell of my urine and sweat. It was the same smell as when the chemo first started to work. ( Sorry to be so graphic) Unfortunately two courses of chemo did not put me in full remission. My tumour returned in less than a month after finishing the course and it was even more aggressive. I will give all glory to God. Marian.

The doctors, of course, are something else. It can be working before their eyes, but because they are so programmed, they will say "oh, he got better because we turned him over"! I nearly choked when I heard that. It's so classic! Did you see the guy's lung X ray from one day to the next? Whoah!

You are probably correct that they are just programmed. However, if not they are being told by someone 'above' them not to administer it. Now, it did sound plausible that they are worried about reputation and losing respect as a professional institution. That could be worked around easy enough however, by drawing up consent forms that state that the Hospital is not recommending because they don't believe it will have any effect but are merely doing so at the request of the family because all other options have been exhausted. Or something like that. It's not hard to imagine that some powerful people in the Pharmaceutical industry, for example, would not want a therapy like this to gain traction, however.

There do appear to be some in the US who are doing it on their own. The video below is about one man's tough experience of trying to get C injections for HIV from the place that was treating him, and finally resolves to do it on his own with the help of a cancer survivor (who, we might assume, had to have helped herself or someone else previously).

One thing's for certain, there is a concerted effort on the part of those in the FDA and probably the pharmaceutical and cancer industries to suppress and control this very effective and relatively inexpensive treatment for any number of different conditions.

FDA quietly bans powerful life-saving intravenous Vitamin C

Back
Top Bottom