High Dose Intravenous Vitamin C (and other vitamin infusions)

The one sold at the pharmacy here is in this concentration:

bayer-laroscorbine-1g-5-ml-solution-injectable-en-ampoule-x6

It's ascorbic acid diluted in saline solution. For intravenous or intramuscular injections.

Improves skin tone, whitening, prevents scurvy and sinusitis, maintains and strengthens collagen for firmer skin. Product description: this vitamin C Laroscorbine is imported from France. Each box contains 6 ampoules of 1g/5 ml of injectable ascorbic acid. Advantages: as we know, vitamin c is highly publicized for its well-known functions, yet many of us are not fully aware of its benefits. The advantages of taking vitamin C injections are: the production of collagen, which is the building block of the connective tissues of our skin, bone, ligament, tendons, joints and organ support. suppress the formation of "melanin" contributing to brown spots and hyperpigmentation after long exposure to UVA/UVB. reduce fine lines and wrinkles on the face and skin. This is because it aims to produce collagen, which is important to make our skin firmer and provides elasticity. Reduce the appearance of pimples/acne/imperfections and minimize pores. Improve the smooth texture of the skin. prevent scurvy, which is the result of a vitamin c deficiency that causes weak gums and other oral problems. increase the body's immune system. At a higher dose, it is believed to have the property of the antihistamine and help prevent the appearance of stem respiratory tract infections, etc. Recommended dosage: one or two ampoules/injection each week for 2 months. In the following weeks, the dosage can be reduced to 1 injection every 2 weeks. Method: This product is administered intravenously (IV) or intramuscularly (IM)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

In France, the only vit c injectable is indeed this one, Chu.
What concerns me are the other ingredients, ie conservatives in these ampoules: Hydroxide de sodium, parahydroxybenzoate de méthyle (E218), parahydroxybenzoate de propyle (E216)
There is only 1 g in each ampoule, that means that if you want to infuse 10g, the amount of these additives will be 10 times higher!

I'm currently searching for a product without additives, i.e. powder for injectable preparation. When in aqueous form, conservatives are mandatory because vit C in water oxydizes easily.

At least the one I'm quoting doesn't have disodium edetate. It's ascorbic acid (??):

"Ascorbinsaure Na-Salz (Na lonen 284 mmol), natriumhydrogencarbonat, aqua pro injectione"

The favored one in North America is Merit MEGA C IV:

MylanAscorbicAcid.jpg
This one seems good, as there are no preservatives.
It's vit C but adjusted with sodium bicarbonate, so it's good for IV injection. But only 500mg ?? :-(

I don't see how they can get 50 grams in 100 ml since 1 gram per 2 ML water is saturation level from our experience mixing it. It won't dissolve beyond that. Unless they have ways that we don't know about.

Of course, we've been using sodium ascorbate and some of the volume could be the buffer. Maybe pure vit C acts differently? But then, it would also hurt like hell going in.
Indeed!
In order to get an injectable high dose of vit C, they use the base form instead of the acid vit C: sodium ascorbate in fine crystals, plus
edetate disodium, plus sterile water. I read a while ago a recipe by Dr Cathcart saying that and being able to get very high dose sodium ascorbate with this way. That's why I search for these ingredients in a sterile form.

Indeed!
In order to get an injectable high dose of vit C, they use the base form instead of the acid vit C: sodium ascorbate in fine crystals, plus
edetate disodium, plus sterile water. I read a while ago a recipe by Dr Cathcart saying that and being able to get very high dose sodium ascorbate with this way. That's why I search for these ingredients in a sterile form.

So it sounds like the best solution for high Vit-C intravenous protocols. I'm also surprised that 0,5g VitC is supposed to fit into 1 ml of solution. How hurtful is it to use such a dissolution and how do the veins cope with that? Seems like they found a way that it isn't so painful and hard on the veins, otherwise I think they would hardly sell any of it.

At least the one I'm quoting doesn't have disodium edetate. It's ascorbic acid (??):

"Ascorbinsaure Na-Salz (Na lonen 284 mmol), natriumhydrogencarbonat, aqua pro injectione"

The favored one in North America is Merit MEGA C IV:

MylanAscorbicAcid.jpg

So, 500 mg per ml equals 1 gram per 2 ml. So I see that I was confusing my math. That equals 50 grams per 100 ml. And that's the same as our solution.

Larger amounts must be diluted with “bottle” dextrose or “saline” solutions and run in by needle drip. This is true because amounts like 20 to 25 grams which can be given with a 100 c.c. syringe can suddenly dehydrate the cerebral cortex so as to produce convulsive movements of the legs. This represents a peculiar syndrome, symptomatic epilepsy, in which the patient is mentally clear and experiences no discomfiture except that the lower extremities are in mild convulsion. This epileptiform type seizure will continue for 20 plus minutes and then abruptly stop. Mild pressure on the knees will stop the seizure so long as pressure is maintained. If still within the time limit of the seizure the spasm will reappear by simply withdrawing the hand pressure.

I experienced this phenomenon when I was doing Vitamin C enemas. I was using less than 20 grams but with filtered water.

There's a German lab that manufactures bottles of 50grams per 100ml. If that is the case, it would have been 6g per 12ml.

Ok, I talked to the nurse today and indeed I was wrong on the volume. I think you found the correct lab since they sell it in 3 sizes: 12ml/6gr (the most expensive), then 50ml/25gr and 100ml/50gr. They usually buy the middle one for 19,90EUR per bottle and shipment withing Germany is free of charge, but you need a doctor's prescription. I actually got one half of 50ml, so 25ml or 12,5gr in 2 injections eg. 2 x 12,5ml or 6,25gr mixed with saline solution in 20ml syringe (but not the full syringe was filled). This is the exact dose I got and the nurse was 100% sure.

So, they didn't mount the syringe in a pump?

Nope. The Doc just pushed it up my vein with the speed which the syringe allowed him. It was really quick, 10-15 sec at most per injection. The whole injection process took around 1 min only.

That's an interesting protocol, it sounds more bearable for patients. Thanks!

I do not know if the Vit C infusion is unbearable. I never got one. I did not experience any discomfort due to the speed of application during the injection. I also do not know if 12,5gr straight to your vein in 1 min is a lot or not. I only felt thirsty and had a very strong Vit C taste in my mouth almost immediately as he started to inject and I got light-headed or slightly dizzy for a period of 10-15min post application. Around 45 minutes after the injections I left for my home town by car and did not see any negative influence on my driving.

Hope this helps.

I don't see how they can get 50 grams in 100 ml since 1 gram per 2 ML water is saturation level from our experience mixing it. It won't dissolve beyond that. Unless they have ways that we don't know about.

Well. Gabi already answered that part. Indeed the bottle is 50ml/25gr or 100ml/50gr. That's what they sell.

Of course, we've been using sodium ascorbate and some of the volume could be the buffer. Maybe pure vit C acts differently? But then, it would also hurt like hell going in.

As I wrote I did not experience any discomfort whatsoever, not to mention pain. Nothing. Only Vit C taste in my mouth and light-headedness for a quarter of an hour. And I got thirsty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chu
I actually got one half of 50ml, so 25ml or 12,5gr in 2 injections eg. 2 x 12,5ml or 6,25gr mixed with saline solution in 20ml syringe (but not the full syringe was filled). This is the exact dose I got and the nurse was 100% sure.

So it is close to how they used in the past:

So their ratio was 1gram per 5cc, maximum 12g per 50cc syringe.

They used the dilution of the German lab, plus a little extra of saline solution to nearly fill the syringe.

Ok, I talked to the nurse today and indeed I was wrong on the volume. I think you found the correct lab since they sell it in 3 sizes: 12ml/6gr (the most expensive), then 50ml/25gr and 100ml/50gr. They usually buy the middle one for 19,90EUR per bottle and shipment withing Germany is free of charge, but you need a doctor's prescription. I actually got one half of 50ml, so 25ml or 12,5gr in 2 injections eg. 2 x 12,5ml or 6,25gr mixed with saline solution in 20ml syringe (but not the full syringe was filled). This is the exact dose I got and the nurse was 100% sure.
Oh thank you Obi! It's more clear for me. On the package I read 500m/1ml, it didn't mean 500mg in a vial of 1ml, but only the concentration. So in other countries, they sell bottles containing 6g, 25g or 50 g of vit C! and without preservatives. Much more interesting than what is available in France.

I experienced this phenomenon when I was doing Vitamin C enemas. I was using less than 20 grams but with filtered water.
I'll be curiuos to know what is the root of convulsions in some people: a sign of efficacy or at the contrary a sign of contraindication? a sign that their brain has for example lots of heavy metal that mobilizes when vit C comes on? or release of bacterial toxins during destruction of bacterias present in the brain? etc? What to do when someone experiences convulsions; to stop or not the treatment?

So it is close to how they used in the past:

Yes, based on what you quoted I got exactly similar dose. Maybe the Doc knew this and that's why he gave me exactly this amount.

They used the dilution of the German lab, plus a little extra of saline solution to nearly fill the syringe.

Yes, that's exactly right. And it was applied to my vein via the needle from IV set in 2 quick successive injections. Other than Vit C taste in my
mouth, thirst and slight dizziness I experienced no pain or discomfort. Instead, 1 hour after I started to feel very energized and this feeling lasted for a few hours. That's all.

Yes, that's exactly right. And it was applied to my vein via the needle from IV set in 2 quick successive injections. Other than Vit C taste in my
mouth, thirst and slight dizziness I experienced no pain or discomfort. Instead, 1 hour after I started to feel very energized and this feeling lasted for a few hours. That's all.

Thanks, Obi! That's very useful to know.

I have another very pleasant experience with Vit C. I took t orally but I think its worth to mention my experience.
Last 2-3 days I have a very bad flu. That's is the reason that I stayed out of this forum for the last few days. I just could not look into a screen because I felt discomfort when exposing to a bright light.

Yesterday, It all started in the morning. I went to work but I have to back home because I felt so weak. I was in bed all day. At 7 pm I decided to take Vit C megadoses. I was taking 2.5grams pure ascorbic acid every 30 mins.
In 2.5 hours I took 15 grams. After the first 5 grams, I started to feel the difference. I had periods when I felt cold, then a few minutes very hot, but I noticed that my head became more clear.
After I took 15 gram I noticed a bowel movement and one hour after that I felt better. I continue the same procedure today and in almost 24 hours I feel much better.
These megadoses of Vit C make a real difference.

I'll be curiuos to know what is the root of convulsions in some people: a sign of efficacy or at the contrary a sign of contraindication? a sign that their brain has for example lots of heavy metal that mobilizes when vit C comes on? or release of bacterial toxins during destruction of bacterias present in the brain? etc? What to do when someone experiences convulsions; to stop or not the treatment?

Well, I stopped the treatment because Vitamin C was lowering my blood pressure, and I already have a problem with low blood pressure. Perhaps only the people with low pressure have a problem with convulsions? I would be willing to try it again if I solve my problem with blood pressure. I never had such reaction with oral intake, although that was also lowering my blood pressure, so it could be something else. I guess different people have different reactions on Vitamin C. All I can say is that enemas for Vitamin C do sound like a viable option for megadosing.

Back
Top Bottom