Hostage to the Devil, Malachi Martin/Glimpses of the Devil ,Scott Peck

Turgon said:
Prometeo said:
But what made me so afraid, is that violent thoughts of murdering and torture of people appeared on my mind, like they were waiting for me to feel bad and those thoughts were very hypnotizing, like Muxel says, feeling possessed, I went through that and they just stopped and now I'm really peaceful and have not experienced those weird invasions of my mind. It was like, suggestions from deep inside me of taking vengeance and just murder those close to me. I consider that more scary than a girl taking a crap because others may end hurt.

In Alice Miller's book Drama of the Gifted Child, she talks about violent and perverted fantasies being a product of childhood trauma's and repressed emotions that have laid dormant under the surface of consciousness having never been properly acknowledge or released, and that when people in therapy were able to work through the original "core" issues and emotions that led to those fantasies, those thought loops seemed to disappear of their own accord. If you are having thoughts like these that are recent I would seriously recommend that you find a good therapist as soon as possible. She goes through this extensively in a few of the chapters showing how some of her patients who worked with her were able to eventually let go of these thoughts.

Believe it or not, those thoughts led me to some deep period of reflecting about my life. And with that came thoughts of how my mom was so inconsiderate with me (nasty things), that led me to have like outburst of anger and frustration that I had to repress constantly when I was younger because she was so good at brutalizing me whenever I whined with negation of her love, and playing the victim. A lot of nasty things my mom did I really think is so soooo contradictory to what she says about me, and how much she loves me. I've talked about this with her, about going to therapy because they ask every psychology student to have their own therapy, is obligatory but she says that she will help me with that only if I need psychiatric hospital... I mean come on.

Anyways I had those thoughts, it was hard to go through my life, through my finals and my final projects of school, but they suddenly dissipated. I felt really relieved on the chest area and let go a lot of resentment, because indeed I discovered it was caused by repressed resentment. But I will find a way to go to therapy, I've been looking for it in a while. Thanks for the book.

Zadius Sky said:
Prometeo said:
This fits extraordinarily for the description of one of the characters I'm creating in my sci fi novel thanks. It reminds me of the angels of Mastemoth. What's the book this quote was taken?

FWIW. That quote came from one of Topper's articles. You can read more here:

Stalking or Precis on The Good and The Evil

Thank you.

I recently ordered Hostage to the Devil and the margins seem to be off. Mine is published by Harper. The text is too far in the center towards the spine. It's like the pages could have been better printed offset by one. The text is also a little close to the top, but that's not an issue. Is anyone else's book printed like this?

3D Student said:
I recently ordered Hostage to the Devil and the margins seem to be off. Mine is published by Harper. The text is too far in the center towards the spine. It's like the pages could have been better printed offset by one. The text is also a little close to the top, but that's not an issue. Is anyone else's book printed like this?
Yes. I have the black, white and red version with the gargoyle on it (Harper version). Not sure if the earlier Quality Paperback (sepia with fallen angel) one is different.

truth seeker said:
Yes. I have the black, white and red version with the gargoyle on it (Harper version). Not sure if the earlier Quality Paperback (sepia with fallen angel) one is different.

Ah, ok. That's the one I have too. I thought mine was maybe printed incorrectly. It's readable though, because it opens quite wide.

Arwenn said:
Thor said:
For those of you who don't have Hostage To The Devil yet but wish to get it, you can get the Kindle edition here:

http://www.amazon.com/Hostage-Devil-Possession-Contemporary-Americans-ebook/dp/B00BOQGF80/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=

Thanks, I haven't quite summed up the courage to read this book yet. I get the feeling I will lose sleep over it, something I can I'll afford at present. :/

It's a harsh read and I think mostly necessary for those who were considering doing SRT on their own through a Board to warn them of the real dangers of not being sufficiently prepared. If going at SRT through a medium, as is the case with Patrick Rodriguez and Heather Hayes, I don't think it's as necessary. Just my two cents :)

Hostage to the Devil by Malachi Martin is one of the most fascinating, yet disturbing books I have read (just about to finish it). I found it extremely beneficial to have read, listened to and watched a lot of information on the subject of Spirit Attachment here on the forum. Reading The Soul Rescue Manual by Patrick Rodriguez also helped. Personally, I would not recommend this book to anyone, unless they had a sincere interest in the subject. I felt it gave me a valuable insight into the true nature of evil (or rather my perception of it) - the silent, pervasive, subtlety deceptive manner in how it can manifest; and the hierarchal structure alluded to, that I found quite shocking.

A paragraph which I feel illustrates this, taken from the first case (I suspect that ‘Father Peter’ may have been based on the author himself, given references to places mentioned. Coincidentally, Malachi Martin comes from the same small Irish town as my father, where I once lived too briefly).

“The Presence was all over him, inside him, outside him. A total trap of cloying ropes he couldn’t see. He heard no word, saw no vision, smelled no odor. But his skin was no longer the protective shell of his mortality. His skin didn’t work! It was now a porous interface that let the invisible filth of the Presence ooze in. Worst of all was the silence of it. It was soundless. Suddenly he had been attacked and caught; and he knew his adversary was superior and ruthless, that it had invaded deep into the self he always hid from others and hoped only God did know and would never show him until he was strong enough to bear the sight.
He could not discern where the struggle lay. His confusion of mind was like molasses oozing over spiders, paralyzing every effort at control and every natural movement. Sometimes it seemed his will was made of rubber twisted this way and that and cruelly snapping back at his mind like a wet towel smacking the face. Sometimes his mind was a sieve through which stinging particles tumbled, each one tabbed with a jeering name: Despair! Dirt! Smell! Puny! Mush! Misery! Mockery! Hate! Beast! Shame!. . . There was no end to them. At other times, he realised, his mind and will were only exits, sewage pipes; and his imagination was the recipient of what they vomited. Out through them were pouring the shapes of the real struggle that lay in another dimension of himself. Deep down? High up? Conscious? Unconscious? Subconscious? He did not know. But certainly somewhere in the depths of the self he was. All the hidden valleys of that self were red with agony. Every high peak was a sharp slope of tumbling confusion. Each plain and corner was crammed with pressure and weight and sorrow. His imagination was now a cesspool swelling with gobs of repulsive images and twisted fears.
“I’m alone,” he thought, covering his face with his hands for an instant.
“Yes! Alone! Alone! Alone! Alone” came the answer in silent mockery.”
(page 72)

The quote from Michael Topper that Laura posted earlier perhaps describes this ‘Presence’ - as the
“Desolate One, a being who most directly embodies and promotes the ultimate negative”
and STS hierarchy and the necessity for deception at lower levels for more efficient feeding.

“This is the Ultimate Objective of the Being at the apex of the pyramidal food chain. And this is why its agenda is masked in the lower levels of the hierarchy. Until such lower level negative beings have consumed sufficient energy - a sort of critical mass - to trigger the implosion of such extraordinary self concentration, they are only interested in destroying that which resists their domination and preserving a vital minimum of captured resources so as to possess an ongoing supply of nutriment. They wish to control, or freeze the rate of planetary destruction and disintegration so as to technically conserve the intelligent life-form in a tractable state so as to render it a good "servant"."

This quote reminded me particularly of the recent Cs session concerning the higher level ‘advisers’ and ‘interpreters’ which again seems to allude to a hierarchal control structure;

Session Date: March 22nd 2014

Q: (Perceval) So, we have that explanation in the transcripts, what's going on with the passengers... Do any of the PTB on the planet know?

A: Of course! Why do you think there was such a comedown vis-a-vis Crimea and Russia?

Q: (L) You mean they had plans to be more aggressive and “in-their-faces”, and they... (Perceval) Why would the disappearance of the plane make them scared or make them back down? Was it "comedown", was that what was said? Like a retreat. So, basically the PTB backed down on Crimea and Russia and that whole situation because the plane disappeared and they were worried about...? (Pierre) So, if you lie too much, if you create too much chaos, like unjustified war, you might increase such a bleedthrough?

A: They have "advisors" and "interpretors" of such things.

Q: (Pierre) So the advisors said if they go on with the attack, and with lying and manipulating... (L) I don't think they would say that. (Perceval) They wouldn't spell it out. (L) I don't think that they would talk to them in those terms. (Pierre) What would they say? (L) Probably say something like, I dunno... Maybe they have some advisors and interpreters who say, "We did that, and if you don't back down, we're gonna do more!" Ya know, like threatening rather than explaining to them how to be good boys.

A: More or less.

and the following session of the importance of keeping a 'clean machine' to help mitigate from potential attack, attachment or possession.

Session Date: June 12th 2008

Q: (L) In other words, possession is a quality [process] of eating emotions. There have to be emotions. (Andromeda) What drives them, then?

A: Pure "nature". That's why there is so strong a bodily resonance. In a strange way they are more closely connected to the "divine stuff" of creation than you are. The sex center is directly connected with that heavy sleeping matter that just "loves to be loved" and creative.

Q: (Andromeda) What exactly is bodily resonance? (L) Is it something like limbic resonance?

A: Close but not exactly. It is similar to a forced vibration. When a creature with those properties is in proximity to wounded or weakened prey they can force the weakened body to their own frequency. Imagine a violin that has no music emanating. Then imagine some primitive string stretched taut. When it is plucked strongly, it doesn't matter how the violin is tuned. It will respond, and produce distortions of its true sound. Call it a "crime of opportunity" with other forces plucking his string. A one note samba, no doubt.

Like the saying goes “an empty mind is the Devil’s playground.” :)

Aragorn said:
But as others, I can't quite understand how the holy waters, crucifixes and Jesuses should scare the evil STS entities away. Sure, part of it must be because of the religious beliefs of the exorcist and the one who is exorcised - they get strength and confidence by believing in it. But in somewhere in the book the possessed was said to becoming agitated and feeling ill when a crucifix was placed under the mattress (without his knowledge). Perhaps the story is colored by the religious beliefs of the characters, but still one wonders.

One thing that came to mind, and I'm just throwing this out there, is that could it be that the "dark forces" deliberately want to give the impression that Jesus and crucifixes offer you protection. Is it all just a big show to keep us prisoners by believing in the religious disinfo?

I started reading the book :shock: and I came to re-read this thread because this is something that makes me wonder too, if we take most things described as factual.

One thought I had is that the demons/4D STS themselves might actually believe these things. Yes, they can be strong and powerful, and intelligent, and manipulative, and evil, and invisible in our realm - thus can have an upper hand when it comes to taking control of humans ignorant of the "otherworldly reality", and even more so, ignorant about our own psychology/not in control of ourselves and not knowing it. But, what if they actually believe that there's a god and a devil, and them, being cheerers of the latter, are in eternal battle with the former and everything related to that? Is it possible that some of the "dark entities" might believe that a crucifix or whatever christian relic might hurt them in some way, whether in reality it's not the case? Their belief makes it happen because they are ignorant themselves?

Overall I agree that it's a difficult reading. I read it between books on NDEs where mostly everything is full of love and angels and light, for balance :lol:

I actually don't think it is the crucifixes, holy water, etc, that "scare the demons" away. I think that part of that reaction is the person, who is usually a "believer". Also, it is not so much the objects as the "mental blocking" and "standing up to" that is done by the exorcist and, hopefully, the exorcee who may get some strength if they are truly asking for help.

One thought I had is that the demons/4D STS themselves might actually believe these things. Yes, they can be strong and powerful, and intelligent, and manipulative, and evil, and invisible in our realm - thus can have an upper hand when it comes to taking control of humans ignorant of the "otherworldly reality", and even more so, ignorant about our own psychology/not in control of ourselves and not knowing it. But, what if they actually believe that there's a god and a devil, and them, being cheerers of the latter, are in eternal battle with the former and everything related to that? Is it possible that some of the "dark entities" might believe that a crucifix or whatever christian relic might hurt them in some way, whether in reality it's not the case? Their belief makes it happen because they are ignorant themselves?

FWIW, this was how I understood it as well.

However, here is an interesting article:

_http://www.vocativ.com/culture/religion/bizarre-christian-exorcisms-cast-muslim-devils/

“If you are sick, you go to a sheikh,” explains Ahmed Ibrahim Sahim, a 51-year-old Muslim, outside the St. Sama’an. “And if you’re still sick after a reading from the Quran, you go to a Christian.”

Since Christian priests can practice exorcism on Muslim subjects/entities, it would indeed be a question of 'standing up' and mentally blocking whatever entity is present? Priests would use their faith for that but I guess it would work just as well with someone with a good knowledge of the these realms?

Laura said:
I actually don't think it is the crucifixes, holy water, etc, that "scare the demons" away. I think that part of that reaction is the person, who is usually a "believer". Also, it is not so much the objects as the "mental blocking" and "standing up to" that is done by the exorcist and, hopefully, the exorcee who may get some strength if they are truly asking for help.

Mrs. Tigersoap said:
Since Christian priests can practice exorcism on Muslim subjects/entities, it would indeed be a question of 'standing up' and mentally blocking whatever entity is present? Priests would use their faith for that but I guess it would work just as well with someone with a good knowledge of the these realms?

Thank you both, that is very clear and makes sense. I kept thinking about it last night, and it didn't make sense (Malachi places the power in the objects themselves) compared to what I know so far about these stuff, so I think I came up with a narrative to explain it in my head because it bothered me, I got caught up in Malachi's "mythology" :ohboy:

In the thread ‘Japinease Girl who see’s ghosts’ interview

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,35253.0.html

The girl mentions how ghosts/spirits seem to walk through most people, but for others they walk around them... it’s a shame the interviewer did not enquire more about this... maybe they have 2nd body and/or just belief system...

Back
Top Bottom