Hostage to the Devil, Malachi Martin/Glimpses of the Devil ,Scott Peck

Recently I've been rereading Darkness over Tibet, and there is the following very interesting snippet:

In the opinion of the wise men of Tibet, the giving up of one's body for any purpose whatsoever to invisible entities so that they can temporarily take possession of it is one of the greatest crimes which a human being can commit against his soul. The Divine spark in man, his soul, is greatly offended and brutalized by them.

If the soul leaves such a being such a man remains soulless for all eternity and enters the downward current of life, which leads him down again in the opposite direction, through the whole process of evolution to nothingness and total annihilation. All the horrible types of animals and plants, they say, are incarnations of such falling entities.

The sungmis of Tibet (note: the ones that get possessed by demons as part of a ritual) must lead unnatural lives in order to retain the faculty to be obsessed by their gods or demons. They are not allowed to have sexual intercourse. (note: maybe in order to avoid 'cross contamination"?) They voluntarily abstain from many amenities of life so as to be able to go on with their business. They must live on a special diet. As to the food they take, I heard different stories, but it seems that eggs and various kinds of meat are strictly forbidden.

From personal experience I know someone that does that, supposedly. She lets spirits get into her body, and they tell things that she wouldn't know, I mean there are no ways she could unless she's a special spy or something lol. But this woman as a lot of problems in her life, initially the group who does that do it in group, and in a temple or something, they do it together to provide guidance and that sort of thing. They let different spirits posses their bodies and serve like an oracle, but they rarely serve as an oracle. But she was taken out of that group.

And she has problems mentioned in the quote, she really has an aversion for sex and that sort, she has the typical diet full of gluten and that sort. Now what I remember is the quotes from a session, where they ask if Ted Bundy was abducted before committing the murderers. Maybe ponerogenic process initiates in this way, some sort of external intervention that alters thought patterns, then altering DNA.

Keit said:
Recently I've been rereading Darkness over Tibet, and there is the following very interesting snippet:

In the opinion of the wise men of Tibet, the giving up of one's body for any purpose whatsoever to invisible entities so that they can temporarily take possession of it is one of the greatest crimes which a human being can commit against his soul. The Divine spark in man, his soul, is greatly offended and brutalized by them.

The tale of "Darkness Over Tibet" is allegorical. The tradition of giving up one's body for spirit possession is alive and well and official for the Tibetan government in exile. The Nechung Oracle is the state oracle of the Tibetan government in exile.

obyvatel said:
Keit said:

The tale of "Darkness Over Tibet" is allegorical. The tradition of giving up one's body for spirit possession is alive and well and official for the Tibetan government in exile. The Nechung Oracle is the state oracle of the Tibetan government in exile.

And the Nechung Oracle seems to root from the Bon (same link): "The rite of the Oracle possessing the kuten is ancient, entering the tradition from the Bonpo and Ngagpa, and traditionally involves a detailed evocative liturgy including such elements as fanfare, dance, mudra and mantra to invoke the Oracle who forcefully projects their mindstream via the discipline of phowa, temporarily possessing the physical basis."

Of the Ngagpa _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngagpa, "is a non-monastic practitioner of Dzogchen who has received a skra dbang, a hair empowerment, for example in the Dudjom Tersar lineage. This empowers one's hair as the home of the dakinis and therefore can never be cut."

Reminded me of the Indians during Vietnam who were scouts and when they cut their hair their abilities were lost - see SotT article here.

The Bon seem to be referenced often with tales of high strangeness.

Reactions: KTC
Malachini Martini Interview

_http://youtu.be/Pto1iXtMwGk

Malachi Martin : Hostage To The Devil ArtBell Interview on Coast To Coast AM

Omg ! My review of this book until now, is that Hostage to the Devil is on to something indeed. I'm shocked to know the similarities of the description of the third case after possession, and the woman I've met I thought she had psychic abilities. This very same woman I always thought she was a psychopath, because she also resembled a description with Lisa from the group. Is there a connection, between the animalistic energies in psychopaths and the energies that are exorcised?

I read Hostage to the Devil about 1 year ago, and it was a deeply moving book. In my view depicting exactly the kind of cunning, malevolent entities that are lurking out there in the STS world, and looking to use/abuse & completely possess humans.

I had to read it slowly chapter by chapter especially during the detailed descriptions of the exorcism process, thoroughly intriguing. I like the way where he described the lives of the priest and the victims in detail prior to the act of exorcism. Signifying a sort of interplay between energies, and Karma in their lives that end in a titanic struggle/ battle, when a strong willed priest takes on the STS entity.

Interesting concept to me from the book, was the description of the "perfectly possessed". Wonder if these are a subset of psychopaths, or a totally different category of OP- and how many of these perfectly possessed are walking around us now globally :shock: - would be an interesting question for the C's maybe ....

Keit said:

If the soul leaves such a being such a man remains soulless for all eternity and enters the downward current of life, which leads him down again in the opposite direction, through the whole process of evolution to nothingness and total annihilation. All the horrible types of animals and plants, they say, are incarnations of such falling entities.

The sungmis of Tibet (note: the ones that get possessed by demons as part of a ritual) must lead unnatural lives in order to retain the faculty to be obsessed by their gods or demons. They are not allowed to have sexual intercourse. (note: maybe in order to avoid 'cross contamination"?) They voluntarily abstain from many amenities of life so as to be able to go on with their business. They must live on a special diet. As to the food they take, I heard different stories, but it seems that eggs and various kinds of meat are strictly forbidden.

Reading the topic of the Sungmi's in Tibet from Keit's post, and their pratices before ritual possession - just reminded me of the festival of Thaipusam (which is today :)); an important Hindu festival celebrated in grand scale mostly by the Tamil minority in Malaysia & South East Asia. In Malaysia the biggest Thaipusam festivities are in the Batu Caves Murugan Temple

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaipusam
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batu_Caves

During this festival, devotees of the Hindu Deity, Lord Murugan carry "kavadi" to pay homage or in "return" for favours requested. In order to describe the process of carrying the kavadi and offerings better; the description from Wikipedia below:

"Devotees carry containers containing milk as offering to Lord Murugan either by hand or in huge decorated carriers on their shoulders called 'kavadi'. The kavadi may be simple wooden arched semi-circular supports holding a carrier foisted with brass or clay pots of milk or huge, heavy ones which may rise up to two metres, built of bowed metal frames which hold long skewers, the sharpened end of which pierce the skin of the bearers torso. The kavadi is decorated with flowers and peacock feathers imported from India. Some kavadi may weigh as much as a hundred kilograms. After bathing in the nearby Sungei Batu (Rocky River), the devotees make their way to the Temple Cave and climb the flights of stairs to the temple in the cave. Devotees use the wider centre staircase while worshippers and onlookers throng up and down those balustrades on either side. When the kavadi bearer arrives at the foot of the 272-step stairway leading up to the Temple Cave, the devotee has to make the arduous climb. Priests attend to the kavadi bearers. Consecrated ash is sprinkled over the hooks and skewers piercing the devotees' flesh before they are removed. No blood is shed during the piercing and removal"

Having visited the festival many times in Malaysia; it was common knowledge for all the devotees & visitors at the festival, that the kavadi' bearers were in a trance; to enable them to handle the huge burdens, and multiple hooks and skewers in their body. If you were to ask the Hindu priests in Malaysia what this "trance" was - he (no female Hindu priests) would explain it, as God "entering" the devotee because his/her faith is strong and they can then bear the burden of the Kavadi or offering.

Further conversations with the Priests would reveal, that in order to be susceptible to a trance; devotees would have to undergo a strict regime for 3-6 months prior to the festival. They would have to abstain from sex, sleep on the floor, eat only vegetarian food, pray daily, and also abstain from normal comforts of daily life - this is similar to the Sungmi's in Tibet.

Personally, i have witnessed some of the devotee's in various different trances. Some behave "warrior" like with agressive postures, large glaring eyes, and producing guttural sounds. While others behave more animal like, sometimes walking on all fours, and slithering their tongue out like lizards. Another category of devotees are in a "dancing" trance where they are constantly dancing and jumping with their kavadis - no mean feat considering that each kavadi weighs at least 40-50kgs, and their bodies pierced by many hooks, while they have to climb the 272 steps up the hill into the temple complex in the limestone caves.

Having read/researched a number of books on the topic of possession and ultraterrestrials - in my opinion the kavadi bearers perform yearly a sort of ritual mass possession during the Thaipusam festival. This begs the question, what is the true history of this festival, and what is the significance of the location of Batu Caves. Every year, more than 1 million people visit this festival from Malaysia and around the world, and the Batu Caves temple complex is located in limestone caves just 8 miles north of the capital Kuala Lumpur. Concerning the entities involved in the possession, they are most likely STS, considering the stricit regime prior to the festival the kavadi bearers have to go through, and having to subject their bodies to mutilation by metal hooks and skewers & stress due to the heavy kavadis...

More research definitely needs to be done to explore these aspects.

Links below for pictures of piercings of the devotees during Thaipusam at Batu Caves, Malaysia (warning : graphic images).

_http://www.demotix.com/news/1753894/thaipusam-festival-2013-batu-caves-malaysia#media-1754227

I just finished Hostage to the Devil last night.

I started reading it many months ago, but when I got to the 5 exorcism stories, I stopped. Not sure why, but I felt like it might be too much, too creepy, whatever... So, a few days ago, I decided it was time, so I read the rest.

The most interesting bits for me were the ways in which permission was basically given for the evil entities to do their thing. For example:

Gerald straightened up. He changed his tone to a sharp, inquisitorial, and imperious note: “You, Evil Spirit, you will obey our commands.”

Again, the rasping voice: “You do not know what you’re getting into, priest. You cannot pay the price. It’s not your virginity merely that you’ll lose. And not merely your life. You’ll lose it all—”

“As Jesus , Our Lord, bore sufferings, so I am willing to bear what it costs to expel you and send you back to where you came from.”

This was Gerald’s first error. Without realizing it, and in what looked like heroism, he had fallen into an old trap. They were now on a personal plane: he versus the evil spirit. No exorcist can function in a personal way, in his own right, offering his strength or his will alone to counter and challenge the possessing spirit. He never should try to function in place of Jesus, but merely speak and act in concert with him as his representative.

(p. 227). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.

When I read this, I exclaimed, "No, you dingbat! He gave permission!"

Gerald (the exorcist) clearly says that he is willing to bear what it costs to expel the demon. He gave it permission, and that was a bad idea. He ended up physically assaulted, literally torn up (I won't say where, but it's bad) and in the hospital for 4.5 weeks.

It seems like the Catholic exorcists have a plan, and it works - but they don't even really understand why it works.

There are several other examples. The "doorway" through which the entities sneak in usually has something to do with self-importance, and mostly with believing some lie. If you believe that gender is purely physical, you're open. If you believe that love is purely sex, you're open. If you believe that spirit is nothing more than a chemical, physical thing, you're open.

If you're so sure that you have the right answers, then via your self-importance, you can believe a lie that is literally inviting in all kinds of bad stuff.

At the end of the above exorcism, there is a psychologist present, Dr. Hammond. He's still convinced that it's a psychological thing, and not involving an entity. As the exorcism closes:

Richard/Rita’s sudden scream split their eardrums. “We go, Priest. We go.”

It was a million turbulent voices as one , full of eternal ache and pain.

“We go in hate . And no one will change our hate. And we will wait for you. When you come to die, we’ll be there. We go. But”— Gerald heard the sharp injection of hate hissing through the sorrow—“ we take him.”

Richard/ Rita’s hands suddenly swept up in a wide arc toward Dr. Hammond. It was a quick but clumsy movement. Hammond jumped backward. And Richard/ Rita fell off the couch to the floor as the assistants jumped forward and held him down.

“We already have his soul. We claim him. He is ours. And you cannot do anything about that. We already have him. He is ours. We needn’t fight for him.

Richard/ Rita was wheezing like someone being asphyxiated, eyes bulging, neck muscles standing out , his long hair falling back, his chest heaving, as he half-rose in his effort.

“You can’t get him back. He is ours . He does our work. He doesn’t need a box. He puts everybody else into it.

(pp. 245-246). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.

The Doc didn't believe it. He was sure he knew what was going on, but he was wrong. He believed a lie due to his self-important Doctor Status, so he was open to attack.

After reading the book, it became pretty clear just how believing in lies can be very detrimental. It also is more clear how knowledge protects.

There is also this excerpt from a different exorcism, which I think speaks to the general problem plaguing our world today:

No one wants to believe in evil, really, above all, not in an evil being, an evil spirit. Everyone wants to abolish the idea.

To admit the existence of evil means a responsibility, and no one wants that responsibility. That is the opening through which Tortoise crawls, stilling all suspicions, making everything seem normal and natural. This is the “thought,” the unwariness of the ordinary human being which amounts to a disinclination to believe in evil.

And, if you do not believe in evil, how can you believe in or ever know what good is?

(p. 389). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.

Well, okay, if you don't know evil, you can't know good, blah blah blah... Sure, there's that. That's more of a "higher-level concept". But more importantly IMO is the red-bolded sentence:

To admit the existence of evil means a responsibility, and no one wants that responsibility.

That's exactly the problem.

People don't want to believe that their country's military marches all over the globe murdering and overthrowing governments. People don't want to believe that the torture was an epidemic. "No no, it was just a few bad apples! Yeah."

No one wants to believe that anything bad is happening.

I'm reminded of these relatively new web sites... Ya know, the "You won't believe what happens next!" sites that usually tell heartwarming stories. They have gone super-viral. People don't want the truth about the darkness in this world; they want fluffy little bunnies, feel-good stories, and tons of lies, because that's comfy.

To admit that all is not rosy would mean they have a responsibility to do something about it, and as Martin writes, no one wants that responsibility.

So, it's easy to manipulate, and control. It's easy for entities or whatever to "move in" and even possess entire police forces to beat on populations. It's easy for politicians to lie, and murder, and cheat, and steal... and nobody will do anything about it.

It's easy to see why people walk around like zombies. Well, maybe that's because they ARE zombies, effectively. I'm not suggesting that everybody is possessed by a demon, but we know about even minor spirit attachments... You do the math.

Well, as I said, this was a rather eye-opening book.

But, a warning: If you do read it, and you start to get creeped out, stop. Not all knowledge should be stuffed into your noggin' all at once. Reading this book is NOT a badge of courage or something silly like that. Frankly, I don't think everyone needs to read it.

In the closing chapter, Martin interviews Father Michael, a former exorcist who's dying. He's miserable, and just before he dies, Martin finds out why. Basically, Fr. Michael never really knew true evil. He knew only light, although he knew of evil. His experiences as an exorcist scarred him for life. He said he never thought about questioning Jesus earlier in life, but suddenly he had to. He had to look at both sides of the coin, and it was literally too much for him to bear.

Well, maybe there were karmic reasons for that - who knows how it all works... Anyway, it's NOT true that what you don't know can't hurt you. Quite the opposite, in fact! But at the same time, too much too soon is also a bad idea. The C's have indicated as much repeatedly.

Above all, be aware of the lies you tell yourself. Question everything. And keep an open mind.

Thank you Scottie, very thought provoking.

The concept/truth of believing in lies has had me considering the consequences lately also. I wasn't consciously aware of this truth (although its common sense) and its great importance until reading Laura's work and coming here. It has shed light into some confusing behaviors of others (and myself) and yes, the opening to possession is there it seems. All manner of disturbing forces enter through this door wrecking havoc in our world and I'm witnessing this in my personal environment with a few people I know. On the larger, global scale as you say....its mind boggling in its ramifications.

I do see how self importance is key here. In so many instances this self importance is built on a foundation of being weak and vulnerable so already a tendency to be lead by illusion and manipulations. The world we live in seems purposely constructed to produce and feed this pathological state (stating the obvious). The possibility of "open doors" is enormous when one thinks of the population as a whole :(

The "other side" is here and closer then we usually are aware of.

Thank you for the analysis, Scottie.

Scottie said:
It seems like the Catholic exorcists have a plan, and it works - but they don't even really understand why it works.

I'm at the 5th case now and just wondering how it works. The symbols of Catholic church (crucifix, holy water, etc.) have apparently some power on these spritits. But how it could be if the foundation of the Catholic church itself based on lies? How can calling in the name of Jesus work if it was a fictitious person (probably the biggest lie)? Or is it just wishful thinking of exorciststs that all these symbols work and in reality it's only the will of exorcist against will of the demon which really matters?

Altair said:
Thank you for the analysis, Scottie.

Scottie said:

I'm at the 5th case now and just wondering how it works. The symbols of Catholic church (crucifix, holy water, etc.) have apparently some power on these spritits. But how it could be if the foundation of the Catholic church itself based on lies? How can calling in the name of Jesus work if it was a fictitious person (probably the biggest lie)? Or is it just wishful thinking of exorciststs that all these symbols work and in reality it's only the will of exorcist against will of the demon which really matters?

I don't think it is the "name of Jesus" that is effective so much as it is the "mental blocking" that happens because of the exorcist's belief; this does something like "wear out the persistence" of the entity.

Altair said:

Related discussion here
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,16742.0.html

Also, this:

Session 5 october 1994
Q: (L) Do demons and evil spirits fear anything?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) Do they fear any power that we, as humans, possess?

A: Yes. Knowledge.

Q: (L) Do they fear religious symbols, signs or figures?

A: No.

Q: (L) Is there any name or sign or symbol that can halt their activity?

A: Sometimes.
{It is curious that the Cassiopaeans have said that "demons" do not "fear" religious symbols, signs or figures, but that there may be some name, sign or symbol that can halt their activity! A most interesting clue.}

Q: (L) Were they afraid of Christ?

A: Yes. Because of his knowledge. The mass of his knowledge raised his vibrations. Knowledge is truly power.

Q: (L) Do pentagrams have any effect in slowing down or halting negative entities?

A: Only if you think they do.

Q: (L) Is the greatest power we have to resist demonic entities held in our free will: our power to say no?

A: No.

Q: (L) What is our greatest power?

A: Knowledge.

Q: (L) Does the accumulation of spiritual knowledge hold the key?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) Is there any other clue you can give us?

A: You do not need anything else than knowledge.

And in the SOTT talk interview with Patrick and Heather (Spirit Releasement Therapy) Patrick said that when in front of an evil spirit you can only "be".

This Malachi Martin book has been in my bookshelf for a year and I am still too much of a coward to open it and face it, but I got some glimpses of it thanks to your review Scott.

Edit: I think this cass session was already adressed in the thread.
Edit 2: Ok I don't know what I've done that my message appears twice. I'll try to fix it

obyvatel said:
Altair said:

Related discussion here

Quite possible sometimes the entity also believes in the ritual, believes in the theatrics presented in the bible - which doesnt mean it has any value other than that. If both the spirit, the person possessed and the excorcist believe it, by that view it will be more enhanced, so it "works".

obyvatel said:
Altair said:

Related discussion here

Thank you, obyvatel. I got the answers in the thread you mentioned. :)

Back
Top Bottom