How can you remember dreams?

Mililea

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Lately I can't remember my dreams very well when I wake up. But I do know that I was dreaming. I think that is a great pity. Are there any tips on how to remember your dreams? Are there any exercises for this? I often only know the last fragments of a dream... like last weekend. I always fall asleep with the dream stone (crystal) in my hand and ask for information. I also take 3-5 mg melatonin. I have already thought about whether this might be too much, because I could already sleep very well and deeply before the melatonin. I am a bit frustrated because I have no memories.
The last dream I can remember was just a fragment... I woke up with a song in my head... It was running in my head, I could hear the melody and lyrics and I knew the song (see link :-) ) below ... very funny dear high self 😜(although I found the lyrics quite fitting as a message to me)
Any advice?

Lately I can't remember my dreams very well when I wake up. But I do know that I was dreaming. I think that is a great pity. Are there any tips on how to remember your dreams? Are there any exercises for this? I often only know the last fragments of a dream... like last weekend. I always fall asleep with the dream stone (crystal) in my hand and ask for information. I also take 3-5 mg melatonin. I have already thought about whether this might be too much, because I could already sleep very well and deeply before the melatonin. I am a bit frustrated because I have no memories.
The last dream I can remember was just a fragment... I woke up with a song in my head... It was running in my head, I could hear the melody and lyrics and I knew the song (see link :-) ) below ... very funny dear high self 😜(although I found the lyrics quite fitting as a message to me)
Any advice?

Hello, this is interesting as I'm on the same boat. I used to remember my dreams quite well but nowadays I don't really other than knowing I was dreaming.

I think perhaps in order to remember the dreams you had you have to maintain a dream diary. As soon as you wake up, you write down everything in your mind that you can remember. Failing that, I think you'll just forget.

Personally I don't have the discipline to maintain a dream diary as mornings for me are a time of being sluggish and the last thing on my mind is writing things down or trying to remember... Also years ago I tried to maintain a dream diary and to be honest it was an incoherent mess in terms of the flow.

Dreams aren't just a series of events but also a series of feelings / emotions. As you go through the dream you feel many things and usually this is what makes you know you were dreaming i.e. the strength of the feeling e.g. excitement, anxiety, fear, anticipation, frustration, enjoyment etc. Capturing how you felt within a dream diary is challenging.

In any case, who knows what is achievable if you maintain discipline!

I'm in the same boat too. I haven't been remembering my dreams much the past two weeks. But I'm not taking melatonin. When I do, I tend to remember them easier. So as of now, I wake up and my mind is pretty much blank. But I do know that I am dreaming, because sometimes something during the day will trigger the memory of the previous night's dream. Maybe it's the Romance novels and things are working more under the surface? I could use more sleep so that may factor in too.

Hi Mililea,

The more I learn about dreams the more I’ve come to think that they sort of have a mind of their own... pun intended :)

what I mean is, I think dreams that are truly meaningful and meant to be remembered will find a way to make it so, by emotionally impacting you, the dreamer, in one way or another.

So, my first advice would be to relax about the topic, don’t force the issue and allow your mind to behave as it will in terms of dreams, perhaps there’s not much it needs to communicate to your conscious self and so it hasn’t found the reason to do so. And not only that, but the stress itself about remembering dreams might prevent it from happening, as with so many other things.

Secondly, is sleeping habits, I personally find myself with more vivid dreams or a better ability to remember them when I go to sleep better for instance, or when I have better sleeping habits, as in, unplugging early enough, winding down for longer before bed and so on. So I would perhaps take stock of how your “going to sleep” habits are currently. Mind you, sleeping habits aren’t really only tied to going to sleep, it’s also quality of sleep throughout the night, things like noise level or light contamination can deeply affect your ability to fall deeply into slumber, which might affect your sleep cycle and thus your ability to dream.

Another aspect of it is what time do you wake up? One thing I found rather interesting is that your body has a sleep cycle and depending on where you trim it, so to speak, you’ll loose a benefit of sleeping. So going to sleep late, or waking up too early, even if it means the same amount of hours doesn’t mean the same for your brain and body, and thus your mind. There are processes that happen at the beginning of your sleep cycle, in the middle and at the end, and dreams are part of them and so, taking a look at that might be worthwhile. Maybe you’re unable to avoid waking up early for work or obligations, so perhaps you could try going to sleep earlier perhaps?

I know melatonin works differently for different people, some have rather vivid and strange dreams on it and some don’t, so that one aspect I can’t speak to.

Another part of the topic that I just remembered, which you might find in the dream work thread suggested above, is the habit of asking oneself an open question right before bed, this sometimes can lead to a “dream answer”.

just a few thoughts.

I've experimented with this quite a bit n the past and I've had pretty good luck by setting an intention to remember my dreams before I fall asleep each night, then keeping a dream diary (sorry @SOTTREADER :lol:) to just jot down a few words about my dreams when I wake up, even if it's just one word that helps to cement the dream in my mind. After a few days or a week or two I start to remember more and more details.

FWIW not remembering your dreams is not necessarily a bad thing, it may just mean you are sleeping deeply.

Thanks a lot for the great answers. Yeah, I think relaxation about the matter is probably really good advice. It's like when people are desperately trying to have a child, it only happens when they have already given up and don't expect it anymore.
I had a particular notebook in mind when I decided to start a dream diary yesterday. When I was lying in bed I noticed that I forgot to take it with me. So much for my discipline... @SOTTREADER @Alejo :flowers:But today is not every day... and I already had the thought that there might be nothing to say at the moment. I will just relax and read the thread about the dream work AND I will take the notebook with me tonight :clap: Thank you for your thoughts :love:

For some people, melatonin helps remembering dreams, and for others who do not really need it it doesn't help. Maybe it depends on dosage, related to the level of fatigue and mood on a given day.
Usually I don't try to force remembering dreams (unless there is a chord progression which I tend to remember during the day anyway). If it's a subconscious process, I let it do its work, and if I remember the dream, I see if it's a message to the conscious mind or if it's just some random memories of things I saw, read or heard recently (and music). A dream diary is a good idea and it seems to work with most people.

Are there any tips on how to remember your dreams? Are there any exercises for this? I often only know the last fragments of a dream...

Hi Mililea,

Probably sounds dumb but instead of 'trying' to remember a dream (which usually just ends up making me mad and super awake) alternatively maybe just try to fall back into that lovely hypnagogic state while using whatever you 'can' remember as a 'seed' - sort of like a beacon so that you can return to wherever you were.

Exactly like meditating upon a single image / sound actually - takes a little bit of practicing but seems to work for me :-)

I woke up with a song in my head... It was running in my head, I could hear the melody and lyrics and I knew the song (see link :-) ) below ... very funny dear high self 😜(although I found the lyrics quite fitting as a message to me)

Funny you should say that, much of the time the practice is deployed is often trying to pick up on a chorus or some lyrics so that a 'dream' song can be identified too. Coincidentally 'Islands in the Stream' cropped up once or twice a while ago for me as well (which seemed odd not having heard it for who knows how many years) - and thankfully the 'sail' bit eventually gave it away;

Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in between
How can we be wrong
Sail away with me
To another world

And we rely on each other, ah ha
From one lover to another, ah ha

Sail away
Oh come sail away with me

Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in between
How can we be wrong
Sail away with me
To another world

And we rely on each other, ah ha
From one lover to another, ah ha

...years ago I tried to maintain a dream diary and to be honest it was an incoherent mess in terms of the flow.

And yeah, it certainly takes a bit of work but can be surprising when you get in the groove.

As a brief example - if the 'Sail' lyric was what happened to be repeating in the 'dream', one may end up somewhere like this on trying to decipher it?

Sail or Saille (ᚄ) is the Irish name of the fourth letter (Irish "letter": sing.fid, pl.feda) of the Ogham alphabet, meaning "willow".

And corresponding to 'the 4th' letter etc. might lend a bit of a 4D vibe to "Sail away with me, to another world"?

The etymology and kennings unambiguously confirm the meaning "willow" for this letter name. The Morann mic Moín kenning is a reference to the sallow grey appearance of the bark of this tree, while the kennings referencing bees and honey are due to its being commonly pollinated by bees.

Or 'willow' or 'tree', as symbol, might be relevant ?

Or 'grey';

Q: Another funny thing is that, a few days later we bought
this book about the Holy Grail and it talks about dreams
of people switching between being black and white, and
about birds that represent this concept such as the
magpie, the balance between good and evil and so forth.

A: Theme presents itself in balanced cycle. Search for grey
middle ground when tempted to choose either black or
white.

Q: Anything else on this?

A: No.

Or bees...the song originally written by the 'Bee Gees'?

A: You have other "true" children to create the defense. All should think of the "Queen Bee"

Released on a Kenny (Ray) Rogers album called 'Eyes that see in the Dark'

ken (kĕn)
n.
1. Perception; understanding: complex issues well beyond our ken.
a. Range of vision.
b. View; sight.
v. kenned or kent (kĕnt), ken·ning, kens Scots
v.tr.
1. To know (a person or thing).
2. To recognize.
v.intr.

To have knowledge or an understanding.
[From Middle English kennen (influenced by Old Norse kenna, to know), from Old English cennan, to declare; see gnō- in Indo-European roots.]

And an interpretation of 'Rogers';

Rogers is a patronymic surname derived from the given name Roger, and meaning "son of Roger." The given name Roger means "famous spear," derived from the Germanic elements hrod, meaning "fame" and ger, or "spear."

If added to 'Dolly' - apparently a shortened form of Dolores or Dorothy!

The Dolorous Stroke is a trope in Arthurian legend and some other stories of Celtic origin. In its fullest form, it concerns the Fisher King (King Pellehan or Anfortas), the guardian of the Holy Grail, who falls into sin and consequently suffers a wound from a mystical weapon (often the Spear of Destiny from Christian eschatology). He becomes the Maimed King, and his kingdom suffers similarly, becoming the Wasteland: neither will be healed until the successful completion of the Grail Quest.

Might seem the basis of a theme?

Alternatively;

sail (n.)

Old English segl "sail, veil, curtain," from Proto-Germanic *seglom (source also of Old Saxon, Swedish segel, Old Norse segl, Old Frisian seil, Dutch zeil, Old High German segal, German Segel), of obscure origin with no known cognates outside Germanic (Irish seol, Welsh hwyl "sail" are Germanic loan-words).

In some sources (Klein, OED) referred to PIE root *sek- "to cut," as if meaning "a cut piece of cloth."

Could be another starting point?

Ra: I am Ra. Firstly, let us establish that both before and after the veil the same conditions existed in time/space; that is, the veiling process is a space/time phenomenon.

Secondly, the character of experience was altered drastically by the veiling process. In some cases such as the dreaming and the contact with the higher self, the experience was quantitatively different due to the fact that the veiling is a primary cause of the value of dreams and is also the single door against which the higher self must stand awaiting entry.

And as mentioned by others, just starting to journal / investigate may accelerate recall 😊👍

Any advice?

Some random thoughts come up to me. I didn’t check, sorry if any of this was already spoken elsewhere.

So, though a focused pre-intention seems important before the sleep, nevertheless many times dreams, god or bad, may come like a wind that blows on us without prior notice. So, the trick is: there is a combination of intent with not anticipation. Also, an outer “helper” certainly can boost our ethereal memories:
Session, May 7th 2016

[...] there are a lot of roundish or blobby-shaped polished multicolored stones. I'm not quite sure what to do with them. Are those kinds of stones useful for protection?
A: No
Q: (L) Are those kinds of stones useful at all?
A: Yes
Q: (L) What are they useful for?
A: As you received already in your uplink before this communication, those stones are perfect repositories for creative energies and dream guides.
Q: (Galatea) Dream guides? What do they mean?
(Andromeda,) To help with dream work, maybe?
A: Yes
Q: (Andromeda,) And are they different from the different kinds of natural stones?
A: Not really, but should be selected carefully for the specific individual.
[…]
Q: (Ark) But, but... What are we supposed to do? Take one stone or several and put under the pillow and have dreams, or what?
A: One
[…]
(Pierre) I have a question about the selection. What defines the match between a specific stone and a specific individual?
A: Frequency and need.

Now, sometimes, when an affliction press someone, it seems that dreams may haste themselves to the consciousness, wherein may come an unfortunate interference of negative beings who want to infiltrate fear and other sts programs. But well, dreams or nightmares at the least remind us of lessons to be seen. So, from my practice to recall dreams, best a mind free from the worries of every day, in particular during that singular and divisor twinkling when we wake up. For me that is like an infinitesimal meditation and yet a long, timeless transition between realities.

On the latter note I’ve afterwards found out the following Chinese poem —from collection of Arthur Waley— which paints some of it,
Sleeping on Horseback (AD 822)

We had ridden long and were still far from the inn;
My eyes grew dim; for a moment I fell asleep.
Under my right arm the whip still dangled;
In my left hand the reins for an instant slackened.
Suddenly I woke and turned to question my groom.
“We have gone a hundred paces since you fell asleep.”
Body and spirit for a while had changed place;
Swift and slow had turned to their contraries.
For these few steps that my horse had carried me
Had taken m my dream countless aeons of time!
True indeed is that saying […]
“A hundred years are but a moment of sleep.”

Last edited:
what I mean is, I think dreams that are truly meaningful and meant to be remembered will find a way to make it so

Usually I don't try to force remembering dreams (unless there is a chord progression which I tend to remember during the day anyway).

While I think there can be merits for some people in making special efforts in trying to remember dreams I'm personally also of the opinion that there isn't all that much to be gained from forcing the issue in many cases. When I personally do remember dreams I'm guessing that sometimes it is just something that happens naturally for a reason (or not).

Generally speaking I would think that those people who are naturally a bit more inclined on focusing on dreams and their significants might benefit from not forcing the issue and try to focus instead on not being too invested in it and "the meaning" while those who are not so focused on dreams and their significants might benefit to look a bit deeper into the subject. Generally speaking, I'm always trying to keep the principle "do what it doesn't like" in mind, also in that department. So for example; when I'm a person that is liking to mull over dreams and their significants too much, I would personally try to do the opposite. If on the other hand I'm a person that that likes to do the opposite (not focusing on dreams and their significants too much) I would try the opposite approach. I also always keep in mind what the C's said at one point, that (paraphrasing) "dreams are the biggest source of disinformation". I always keep that firmly in mind, which helps me to be critical and not too attached to the content, while keeping the possibility in mind that there MIGHT be something in there (or not!) for me to pay special attention to.

Some random thoughts come up to me. I didn’t check, sorry if any of this was already spoken elsewhere.

So, though a focused pre-intention seems important before the sleep, nevertheless many times dreams, god or bad, may come like a wind that blows on us without prior notice. So, the trick is: there is a combination of intent with not anticipation. Also, an outer “helper” certainly can boost our ethereal memories:

Now, sometimes, when an affliction press someone, it seems that dreams may haste themselves to the consciousness, wherein may come an unfortunate interference of negative beings who want to infiltrate fear and other sts programs. But well, dreams or nightmares at the least remind us of lessons to be seen. So, from my practice to recall dreams, best a mind free from the worries of every day, in particular during that singular and divisor twinkling when we wake up. For me that is like an infinitesimal meditation and yet a long, timeless transition between realities.

On the latter note I’ve afterwards found out the following Chinese poem —from collection of Arthur Waley— which paints some of it,
Many thanks for this detailed answer. After a smile I had the same thought about the song. Maybe it was a message to me from me to enjoy the ride. Just like the C's always say, sit back and enjoy the show. Many thanks to all the others for their suggestions, in the meantime I have actually reminded myself of a dream again. Nothing special, but it was clear and distinct. Since then I can really relax and just take it as it comes. If there is something important that should only come to me through my dreams, then I think I will be able to receive it. And then I will remember it too. :cool2:

I have been remembering dreams better over the last month, before that I had a long period (over a year) of not remembering anything. My dream stones went missing for a while but now they have both turned up! (For some reason I got two, in the first round of crystals) A couple of nights ago I had a powerful dream of Orcas swimming in circles, it was mesmerising and beautiful. I remember that the water was greyish green and slightly tepid. Amazing.
The dreams I remember most throughout my life have been with powerful animals, that have felt so real and magical (A whale, a leopard and a glistening white horse). I just wanted to share the experience:), but my point is, that dreams can be gone for a long time and then all of a sudden show up again.
If there is something important that should only come to me through my dreams, then I think I will be able to receive it. And then I will remember it too. :cool2:
This is the best attitude to have IMO:flowers:

I also always keep in mind what the C's said at one point, that (paraphrasing) "dreams are the biggest source of disinformation". I always keep that firmly in mind, which helps me to be critical and not too attached to the content, while keeping the possibility in mind that there MIGHT be something in there (or not!) for me to pay special attention to.

Amen,

Thought this was classic btw;

(Ark) Yes. I want to know if having dreams is important?

A: Depends on the dream.

Partial also to;

A: Just go with what comes to you in dreams. We will communicate with you directly this way. You are about to begin the "Great Work". Hallelujah!

Q: (Arky) Dreams means in sleep?

A: Yes. And reverie.

And with 'dream' crystals in the mix have long wondered along these lines - network wise ?

Q: (T) I received information during a dream. Was the information real or was it just a dream?

A: Corrupted.

Q: (T) By who or what?

A: Conflicting energies.

Q: (L) What are the sources of these energies, are these within Terry himself or outside him?

A: Both.

Q: (T) Can the information that was sent through be retrieved?

A: Will be repeated. Have you noticed your repeating dream patterns?

Q: (T) I have not been remembering most of my dreams.

A: Try melatonin; avoid any antidepressants. Some have suggested.

Q: (L) Is pot considered an antidepressant?

A: No.

Q: (T) Is the information of the dream important not only to me but to everybody?

A: All is.

Q: (T) Are different people receiving different pieces of information or are some people receiving as much as they can handle and then it moves to another person to receive more of the information in varying amounts?

A: Too many questions.

Q: (T) Is this information being given out in pieces to different people to be put together?

A: Close.

Q: (T) The information I have would not then be whole unto itself?

A: Network. Use computer net. There are others communicating and piecing together in this way.

Q: (T) How do I retrieve the information?

A: Ask.

Q: (L) Start taking the melatonin?

A: No. On computer network.

Q: (T) Ask on the computer network how to retrieve the information?

A: No. Others ask.

Q: (L) Ask if others are having dreams of a similar nature?

A: Open dialogue.

Back
Top Bottom