How to Carry On? How to Wake Others?

On waking others, as you stated we cannot break another's free will. I have went through a similar situation with my brother as well. He is to some extent awaken to the reality we are in but he has distractions that he hangs on to. Some are friends and some are just old habits. One thing I realize is, I can only say in the moment what should be said. Once I push cross the boundaries where I am over thinking what to say I see that I lose the communication with him. We are all programmed to some extent to watch out for the bible pushers so we have a shut off point of how much we want to hear. The best thing is to live by example. That is the best testament to anyone around you. This then allows you to grow and progress for others because it aids others as you aid yourself. It is similar to a vibration. The more you resonate the more that resonance affects others.
On taking action in our current situation on this planet earth, I say if you see the problem that means you are the one to fix it. How you choose to fix it is what you must come to grasp with. We all are able in our own way. Usually this again will cause you to make major changes in your life. Others that saw the problem will eventually start coming out the woodworks to do their part. Still we cannot wait around for others to take action. That may be a long and painful wait.

paralleloscope said:
Good call Johnno, very timely.

I am guilty, and have been driving hard with this friend who asked me to have an open rapport about Self developing ideas, but not with his heart. I gave up on expecting change some while back, but 'I' seem to have resumed my relentless saviour and martyr programs :evil:
Ech! I feel bad and foolish for depriving him of potential lessons, however harmful that sleep is.

Free will violation can be harmful too. If External Consideration is not used, your friend might go into a more deeper sleep.
And your friend might not understand things the same way you do, and knowledge will be lost or misunderstood. Energy wasted on your part, doesn't it make you tired?

A member, PepperFritz, once said:

You have to work on getting to the point of being able to see that person as being MORE, so much MORE than who/what you currently see them to be, to see them as a unique soul who has their own lessons to learn -- in quite distinct separation from you -- and has freely made their own choices to be who and what they are at this moment in time.

To those upon this train of thought I would just like to say that this has been my own endeavor of study and understanding for the last 50 plus years of my life. That which follows is what I personally have found to be reliant to the conversation. First the fact that for whatever reasons that be, I have found that humans do not feel any motivation or need to change, that which has worked or semi-worked for them, in getting their own personal survival needs met. This goes on until doing that which doesn't work for them hurts so much, that they open themselves to the possibility that there may be something else that they should be doing to alleviate their own various emotional pains, from acting out that which does not completely work for them. This can only happen if there are not those around them care giving, to make it easier or better in some way, that keeps one from reaching that point of self realization. Only at this point of it hurting too much, will humans open themselves to all other possibilities. Our part within the process is to be a good example with our own individual expression, that demonstrates without judgment or force, a new and workable possibility for emulation. But all must remember, not in my time or in my way does the individual self expression manifest, within the whole of existence. That my well intentioned, new friends must stay within the full, individual choice of manifestation within the whole of existence, that we believe to be. I thank all for the opportunity to share this food for thought. I always enjoy any thoughts or insights that anyone else may have, to further my own understanding within this (for Me) most important endeavor.

Hi continuum,

Welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

It has been a long time since I've contributed words to this forum, but I feel the need to put some thoughts together regarding this topic.

The last 2 paragraphs of Jacob Needleman's "Lost Christianity" have been resonating in me since having finished reading his work for the second time. In relation to the question of how do I communicate to help awaken others, it makes sense to me that one must be asked first. Needleman sums his work by saying:

"What has been lost everywhere in the life of man is the confrontation within oneself of the two fundamental forces of the cosmic order: the movement of creation and the movement of return...."

That confrontation seems to be a very tall order for 'little old me'. But nonetheless, this being wants to take it on. My mother once said that "you've always been a zealot". And when I think back to all those times I've tried to help people by bending them to my will, I see the truth in her statement. But nonetheless, as I approach the age of 61, I still want to learn.

Jacob Needleman finishes his book by saying that I must find the force within myself that can "attend to both movements...within my own being..."; the movement of creation and the movement of return needs to be recognized within in me, AND then I "...can then guide the arising of this force within my neighbor in a manner suited to his understanding."

It may not be words, or the way I explain what I understand these 2 forces to be. Instead, maybe it is actions or music or dance or song. I guess the point is to arrive at that understanding in oneself first. Perhaps the energy that resonates from being in that understanding will resonate with my neighbor if the desire for understanding is en-kindled in them.

In any case, we need the checks and balances of our co-linear friends on this forum to 'soften the zealotry' and give us even more to think about on our path to our soul.

StandingOnTheEdge said:
I guess the point is to arrive at that understanding in oneself first. Perhaps the energy that resonates from being in that understanding will resonate with my neighbor if the desire for understanding is en-kindled in them.

I agree with this because in most all my readings about the "great teachers" of history, they never lacked for 'students' of one sort or another. There was just something about the 'teacher', or perhaps, the 'someone who knows'; whether it was their presence, their calmness, the way they talked, or whatever, that gave people the impression that this person, in whose presence they found themselves, 'knew something' that they (the inquirer) wanted to know and so the interested inquirer would ask questions naturally and of their own volition.

Bud said:
StandingOnTheEdge said:
I guess the point is to arrive at that understanding in oneself first. Perhaps the energy that resonates from being in that understanding will resonate with my neighbor if the desire for understanding is en-kindled in them.

I agree with this because in most all my readings about the "great teachers" of history, they never lacked for 'students' of one sort or another. There was just something about the 'teacher', or perhaps, the 'someone who knows'; whether it was their presence, their calmness, the way they talked, or whatever, that gave people the impression that this person, in whose presence they found themselves, 'knew something' that they (the inquirer) wanted to know and so the interested inquirer would ask questions naturally and of their own volition.

In contrast, that bolded part above worked perfectly well for Eric Pepin and many others. What is the differentiator between these two cases?

Azur said:
Bud said:
StandingOnTheEdge said:

In contrast, that bolded part above worked perfectly well for Eric Pepin and many others. What is the differentiator between these two cases?

Azur,

Maybe there is not a recognition of a difference between an Eric Pepin and a Laura if as Needleman says "the arising force within" has not been developed or recognized by the student/seeker. If I look at Laura's experiences, I see her freely admitting that she was led astray by those who wished to do her harm. I think we all have Eric Pepins, to a certain degree, in our lives. And they do lead us astray. And they do us harm. But finding Laura, and sensing the feeling of resonance in her writing, as Bud says above about "great teachers" seems to align with what we are searching for.

Right now, I am sensing that the cleansing of the heart, to clear away the emotional debris possibly produces an emotional center that is able to connect to the higher intellectual center that eventually forms the soul and a oneness with Divine Cosmic Mind.

As yet, I don't know. I do notice that as I send distance Reiki to those who've requested it, my chattery mind side-tracks me from my intention of healing, but a picture of the next person for whom I pray, taps lightly on my heart area, and I realize that my mind wants to prattle on while my heart is really where the prayer lies. It is startling to realize how "intelligent" the heart is, and I think people need to be educated about it. (And here again, an Eric Pepin may pop up, ready to teach/mislead/harm.)

I hope these words make some sense. I still pray that I may write with an ounce of the clarity of Laura Knight-Jadczyk!

Azur said:

Orientation of the 'teacher' most likely (STO/STS). The seeker is just a seeker in this context and may not even know what is being sought.

Nell-Li said:
http://(www).sott.net/articles/show/142555-Fascism-is-HERE-NOW-Violent-Radicalization-and-Homegrown-Terrorism-Prevention-Act-of-2007
The article is still there (correct link begins with www.sott.net) with all the depressing details.
I have not actually read it because I have read enough disclosures to convince me that we can not trust our governments.

The point I want to make that in the final analysis, "we the people", get the world we deserve and this type of "truth saying article" is a distraction in the sense that it is describing the symptom our world society experiences.

Why do we need to wake up others? Because as individuals we are powerless to reverse the impacts created as a result of "systemic evil"

Unfortunately, we as individuals (again :-) are very reluctant to see "truth" unless we have found the bit our selves.

If I may point to an immediate example (no offense intended) the signature of Nell-li says that we have no right or ability to change anything other than ourselves: "the only thing that we have any right to change, and indeed any hope of changing, is ourselves"
This is exactly what any corrupt government wants us to believe!

Very depressing. Not much chance of "waking up" with that principle as a guide.

janosabel said:
If I may point to an immediate example (no offense intended) the signature of Nell-li says that we have no right or ability to change anything other than ourselves: "the only thing that we have any right to change, and indeed any hope of changing, is ourselves"
This is exactly what any corrupt government wants us to believe!
Very depressing. Not much chance of "waking up" with that principle as a guide.
You cannot force anyone to see the truth if they prefer to stay sound asleep as it is their freewill to stay in that state.
But as an individual we can be open to new information, make efforts to understand ourselves and how we usually think we know already all there is to know when we really don't and so on.

The hope part might be that if you grow your awareness & knowledge it might impact those around you in a positive manner.
Being an activist and forcefully shove your point of view & getting into arguments with those who disagree with you is not going to help in the long run.
It does not mean you should not share the information but you have to act strategically and think about what you're doing.
Also that's why it's important to learn about ponerology and how any movment can be infiltrated, co-opted and rendered useless and it has to begin with the individual being aware that this will happen.
At least that's how I understand it.

You can't wake up others...you can't even awaken yourself without help. But that doesn't mean that you cannot sow seeds. On my Facebook page that I maintain mostly to be able to view pictures of my grandchildren and old time acquaintances, I am frequently dismayed with what is occupying the minds and lives of everyone that I know. I will on occasion post an article that is aimed to waking others. They are rarely liked or commented on, but I know that is all that I can do.

My precious husband is starting to wake up but only because of his love and respect of me ..he does read these articles and then closely question me about the subject. I never offer more than he asks for and I can see where he is really listening. He actually posted to his friends some of the things he has learned. But the key is they have to want to know and if they want more than an article they need to ask or seek the answers for themselves.

I am truly grateful for this forum. I have been seeking answers all my life, but that is what is important to me. I Want to know the truth whatever it turns out to be.. I know that this forum is a good place to be :cool2:

Many Thanks to All, for allowing me 2 follow your search for human, Evolution of Self. The full and complete development of every human added to the Whole of Humanity, I feel to be a most important, yet ignored, far ranging concept. I have a 58 year, "Continuum Project for Humanity", that I am honored to post for your consideration & comments. As Always in Sharing this Project, I truly hope for Only the Best, to All Those, it finds.

_http://continuumproject4humanity.weebly.com/

T.C. said:
anart said:
It's been my personal experience that one of the hardest parts of all of this 'waking up' and Work has been realizing that I may be the only person among my whole family, and previously close friends, who truly has the drive and desire to wake up.
Here, here.

It's the old "everybody's on a different

Hear, hear
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Hear, hear is an expression used as a short, repeated form of hear him, hear him. It represents a listener's agreement with the point being made by a speaker. In recent usage it has often been misconstrued to be the homophonic phrase here, here, although this is incorrect.

Sorry, I could not help myself.

I've been asking myself the same questions since the first time I came across these materials.
I'm looking at everyone around me, and most of the people isn't even aware that something's wrong with the world they're living in, not to mention anything else.
I really want to do something about it, especially for the people I care for, friends and family, but I don't know where to start. I'm reading various materials, watching videos and documentaries, thinking about it and trying to apply as much as I can in my life.
On one hand it seems to me like it's my duty to at least inform as much people as I can about it, an on the other like it's interfering with other's free will.
Additionally, it's not like I'm some kind of an expert for anything-even if there's anyone who would be ready to listen to me and maybe take me seriously , what to "instruct"? I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing myself, I have a feeling that there're so much more enormous amouts of work to do and so little time... I think I'm kind of lost :huh:

Back
Top Bottom