How to Carry On? How to Wake Others?

Hi Casper,
Thank you for your response. I am thinking that perhaps it was not 'luck' but rather 'consideration' that generated the positive results with your family. It has taken years of trial and error for me to realize that it is, among other things, very considerate to carefully choose your response to questions asked. Every individual is in a different and unique place when it comes to what they are ready to learn. I am thinking that you acknowledged this and honored their entitlement to learn at their own pace.

I don't know if this is relevant but I found this on FB:

Watch An Old Lady School ISIS

A video which is going viral in Arabic-speaking circles this week shows an elderly woman screaming at Islamic State militants in the street, schooling them on how their extreme violence doesn’t jive with Islam.

The original video was posted in Arabic without subtitles on Tuesday. It’s called “In Syria, an Old Lady Teaches Daesh a Lesson They Will Never Forget.” It amassed over 100,000 views in two days and was shared widely among Arabic-speaking social media circles. Here’s a version with English subtitles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7H00OUf1lA
Source:
_http://www.vocativ.com/world/isis-2/watch-old-lady-school-isis/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Post&utm_campaign=Old+Lady+ISIS

Don't know probably she is not going to change these pathological individuals by lecturing them about god and so on, but it brought tears in my eyes.
How sad world we live in. :cry:

Diogenes of Sinope (412 or 404–323 BC) spent his life trying to wake people up, constantly commenting on the corrupt and confused state of the society of his time, using “philosophical stunts” to try and bring people to their senses.

For instance, he wandered around the marketplace of Athens with a burning lantern in broad daylight, looking around in all corners and crevices. When asked what he was doing, he replied, “I am just looking for an honest man”.

He thought humans lived artificially and deceived themselves about reality, occupying themselves with vain and time-wasting activities – like when someone important was expected to visit the city and everyone was running around preparing for the event; Diogenes busily rolled his barrel (in which he lived) up and down, and when asked why, he replied that he didn’t want to be considered the only idler and so he is just doing what everyone else is doing.

He considered important people as enslaved by worldly things. When Alexander the Great visited him, the philosopher examined a pile of bones, explaining to Alexander that he was looking for the bones of Alexander’s father, King Philip II of Macedon, but he could not distinguish the king’s bones from that belonging to a slave.

He abhorred pretense. Once when he was warned by a man not to spit entering a grand house, Diogenes cleared his throat and spit in the man’s face, declaring that unfortunately he could not find a meaner receptacle.

Perhaps those of us who are struggling to penetrate the imprisoned minds of the people we meet or live with daily, are a Diogenes of sorts, walking around all over the place with our knowledge, looking for an awakened soul, or at least for someone who is interested in hearing a different version of things. Trying to tell people about the artificial way we are living, for instance our official cures for diseases and the modern trivialities that fill our thoughts, our useless activities during our leisure hours that advance us nowhere. Trying to warn people about the dangers of the pathological powers that be, about our imprisoned minds that keep us in line with the accepted common behaviour we have been conditioned with.

Diogenes desired to teach people morality and a greater truth through his controversial stunts and behaving badly himself to focus their attention on their immoral and empty lives, and he seemed to have ended up with contempt for humans when he could not succeed.

I have given up being discouraged, however. I no longer wander around with my lantern anxiously looking for someone to convert to my way of thinking. It is a great waste of energy and a great waste of time. Should one not rather concentrate on furthering one's own knowledge and own awakening, so that one may be better prepared to answer questions should someone ask? Those who are ready to awake, have an internal alarm clock that will go off at the right time and they will then themselves seek out those from whom they think they can learn more.

Source for Diogenes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diogenes_of_Sinope

Image: Diogenes with his lantern, trying to wake people up. Painting attributed to J. H. W. Tischbein (c. 1780)

Image: Diogenes with his lantern, trying to wake people up. Painting attributed to J. H. W. Tischbein (c. 1780)

Attachments

• Diogenes with his lantern in broad daylight.jpg
    Diogenes with his lantern in broad daylight.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 217
I understand what you say. often talking to my mother or my sister certain issues "esoteric" the only thing I received in return were laughs and answers like "hahaha, you really think that" or "I think you´re really crazy" at first I was disappointed a little because my mother and my sister believe in reiki and fen shui (yes, I know, believe that by putting a picture of a certain color in a certain place of the house will make a change) and perhaps (in my mind thought could be interested in certain things beyond the television). I have tried to pass on certain items of Sott but not read it. The truth is that I learned something, sometimes is better shut up to speak in vain. Some people can not understand certain things, and that does not mean they are less intelligent or unwilling to see reality, but are highly adapted to the system and can not conceive of anything beyond that. There are people who like to sleep late and there are people who like to wake up at 5am.

From my experience, I would say that if not asked directly one should not convince others to wake up and look at the world more objectively (I mean face-to-face conversations).

If not asked, I only gently try to point one’s faulty thinking or to direct one’s attention to the possible source of the problems (for instance regarding health or relations).

When I can see one gets hooked and wants to know more, I keep on talking in more detail.

I’ve noticed if one is deeply entrenched in lies and not ready to dispel them, one usually changes the topic or says he/she has to go or make a phone call :)

I wasted pretty much time talking with my further family about food and drugs (for example statins, vaccines) and as far as I know they keep on doing the same as before and complaing about their illnesses... :(

I think that in order to wake up people the best way is to prover things you know i.e. with blogs, web-sites, twitter etc. I have been learnt that forcing, suggestion from me, sending books without ASKING from another side has no results in the most of cases. You know that even if you're an example that things is realy work people don't want to believe it or consider it. Maybe they merely don't ready for this or they are waiting for something "strange" or something else. If you recall how had you been coming here what will an answer looks like? It was "B" influences (according to G's) or it was somebody who lead you here?

This thread has been insightful for me and has struck a chord which will hopefully enable me to review many of my relationships and how I interact with people in general. I strongly agree that the individual should be left to learn at there own pace without interference. On many occasions i have certainly not considered my environment or been concerned if people are interested or not in my opinions though I gladly share them anyway. On reflection this has been problematic for me been branded as the conspiracy nut and isolating myself. It certainly didn't really serve any purpose in terms of waking people up. More often than not people probably saw me as been outspoken and opinionated.
My thoughts at this moment are it may be wishful thinking believing or having the wish to wake people up at all. Working on oneself should be the primary focus, you been the example in the way you live and conduct yourself is all that is required. Then when an opportunity arises to assist people to open there eyes to The illusion we share. You are in a place where the information can be delivered in the most effective manner for that individual as you have a full understanding of where they are.
I also feel that time is running out here on earth and things are changing very quickly now. The way the west are pushing us to a nuclear war with their actions in the Ukraine and the other false flags around the world the psychopath's are really taking us to the brink. So I suppose in a way I'm contradicting myself now as sometimes I will discuss controversial topics (Ukraine/911 etc) even if it does challenge an individual's belief system. Though my intention isn't to wake someone up I feel it's too important not to mention. Looks like I need to develop a clear understanding of internal and external considering.

This has been an insightful thread indeed. I read an article from Carolyn Baker's website some time ago that talked about how one deals with the fatigue of seeing the collapse of civilization and that very few people seem aware of it; http://www.carolynbaker.net/2012/06/27/collapse-fatigue-prevention-and-treatment-by-carolyn-baker/
from the article -
"I don’t even ask myself anymore what it will take to awaken the masses.
So how do we avoid collapse fatigue and just keep doing what we need to do?

First, we need to stop expecting the human race to wake up. We all have loved ones whom we deeply want to awaken. Some are only acquaintances, some are close friends, and some are spouses and life partners and children whose denial breaks our hearts on a daily basis. I think of Derrick Jensen’s question: How do we go on living, when every day our hearts break anew? Living under the same roof with people who will not admit that this culture is murdering them and the planet is gut-wrenching. I have no magic-bullet resolution for this.

Derrick Jensen also says: This culture is killing everyone and everything. To be alive now is to live in a world of wounds, a world of being wounded, quite possibly mortally, by this sociopathological culture.

This reality takes us to the emotion that we must not deny or ward off or minimize when we feel these wounds. That would be grief. Instead of trying to convert, we need to cry a river. Certainly, we should not stop sharing what we know, but for those who refuse to hear, one more Power Point, one more documentary, one more impeccably-researched article will not transform the mind of another human being too terrified to take it in. We’re not just grieving the loss of species, nature, beauty, food, water, clean air, stable climates, jobs, retirement savings, and countless hopes and dreams, we’re also grieving the loss of connection with the people who cannot bring themselves to acknowledge the end of civilization."

I'm careful with what I share with other people lest I'm thought of as one from the tinfoil hat brigade. From time to time I'll share an article or post a book that I've read or documentary I've watched on Facebook and will sometimes get a "like" or supportive comment. Small but consistent steps may make a difference (osit).

Thank you for your post, Nell-Li!

I can only agree with my fellow commentors: I for myself had to learn to keep my helpers syndrome at bay (i. e. solve it) and accept the free will of others to keep their head in the sand - even though most of them even admit, that there is something going on. Right here. Right now.

I have the feeling though it is becoming easier to talk to people. This may be a result of my adjusted approach in having such conversations... I learned to ask clean questions, a lot of them. This way I get a lot more response, mostly some days after. I think this is good strategy, for learning by yourself, checking if this or that can possibly be right or is there at least something to it, is a very effective way to get started.

stay strong!

Hello all!

My way: I found out that it is very important and helpful to speak the truth.

Since I have been reading "Earth Changes and the Human-Cosmic Connection" the sketch of how lies or truths are acting on people, stucks in my mind. [There might be a little reason for it: In former times an astrologer told me that I was born with an ultimate urge to speak the truth. Not an easy job on this planet! But I survived :wizard: Of course I had to ly, but I suffered, when I did and bad things happened]

After reading the book I decided to force truthspeaking. I was supported by a Radio interview from an Austrian Company Owner who is doing good work for the people, making good products and finding creative solutions for his financial situation etc. The guiding theme of his company is: "Dont be scared shitless, dont be stupid and do what you ar doing with or from love." In German this is much more easier, but a little direct "Scheiss di net an, sei net deppat und mach was du tust aus Liebe".

Having heard that slogan from a real person in combination with what I had read in Wave 8 that we all will go back home to where we have come from, that really all there is are lessons, I got some courage.

Sometimes it was very bumpy in the last time but finally I did establish (not only I, of course ) a small group of persons (3) and we are meeting regularly.

And the bondage between us seems to be the desire to speak the truth. This is something people's souls are longing for and when you act in a truthful way - even eliminating the everyday small polite lies - you might be able to stir a point in a person and so encouraging him to respond in the same way. And the burdon of ly diminishes.

Last week it was necessary to explain the wave series and the book "Earth Changes .." in about 10 minutes (great, dont you think?!)

Of course they did not understand everything (surprise! surprise! ) and in a way it does not matter whether they join my point of view or not. What matters is that we are speaking truthfully.

I have similiar experiences with other people, too. Of course you cannot convince someone. I sometimes try to give a little bit of information, but if one does not react in a "proper" way I stop immediately. I think you have to find out "who is who". Within my family I can talk a little bit, but not too often and too much and I learned to be silent - also a good lesson ;)

:lol: :read: :knitting:

Thank you for this thread, very insightful indeed.

I've also tried pushing certain ideas and was rewarded with shields and head in the sand, even when I tried to have someone understand how little of a subject they knew to draw their conclusions. I'm sure most of our awakening took a very long time, and we were asking for it, so people have a right to have their space and illusions. All is a lesson as the C's have stated many times, and these are their lessons. Eventually they will have to no choice and when that time comes when we can gently guide them in the right direction, but until then we have to be strong and work with articles and such while encouraging those who seek to learn. Always ever so gently.

Yes, another great thread! Thanks again Nell-Li! i was actually going to read another thread and this one caught my eye. So, for what it's worth, here are my thoughts-

When i think back at my own experience leading me to this work, awakening, it took a very strong catalyst (shock) to force me to question everything i had come to believe or had been told/taught. This shock was watching my father pass. This took months and shook me to my core.

First i learned about the lies being heaped on us about medicine, food and nutrition as these items contributed greatly to his passing. This, at the time for me, was huge. Then the spiritual awakening began in full. Sure there had previously been an awareness because things had happened in life that make you go Whoa!, but, through all of this, no one could tell me anything which i wasn't ready to hear, things that didn't work with my view of the world at the time. A long and sometimes painful journey began and, lo and behold, greatfully, i found my way here to you guys. i'm guessing it works like this for many of us. When the shock happens, and it will if that is what is needed, then and only then is anyone ready to discover what is actually happening in our reality. But then again, maybe not. Totally their choice.

To me, there is a hidden hand in our lives that is constantly trying to either lead to truth or lead us away from the truth. We have to make a choice as to which one to follow. With all of the lies out there it can be a tough decision.

In the beginning of realizing what was going on, trying to discuss these things with friend and family alike, i too was branded somewhat a cuckoo. It was a tough lesson but now practice strategic enclosure. Conversation of the type had on this forum are only had with very few close friends (3 now) that understand and/or are seeking to increase their knowledge. Very seldom does someone outside of the work ask questions and it seems typically they only have a very shallow desire to understand. As others have said, much caution is need when having discussion on these subjects.

Have penitence, keep working/growing and if they are supposed to grow as we are, trust they will.

I myself firstly try seeing to what level someone's mind is open to new things.
Based on it, I try to give honest and thought provoking answers which would awake their further interest for the subject.
I get the feeling that, no matter the success, those conversations are also helpful to me as well since I practice my objectivity and respect for other's free will.
It's true happiness for me when I see waking or spiritual progress in somebody. I mostly make deep conversations with friends since my family has zero interest for anything non-material.
However, I find talking to religious people much of a challenge and get very drained soon. How are your experiences about it?.

To help others we must first be awake ourselves, and we know that most of the time we are asleep. Maybe we can give a few hints, but that is all. Awakening is the result of work on oneself, something in itself extremely difficult. We can only strive.

Back
Top Bottom