Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

Thank you! You answered the question I was coming here to ask. I've been sick since Wednesday and stopped doing the HBOT because in our manual it says "Do not use chamber if sick". But I kinda missed it, and I wanted to know if I could use it anyway. Ok, so I will wait until I recover then. Big hugs, I hope you get your energy and appetite back soon. :hug2:
I am sick too. Slightly sore throat with a lot of phlegm, mild stuffy nose - no fever. I was aware of the warning but i used it never the less thinking oxygen will help with the cold. Didn’t have any problem with ears or headache but yesterday woke up with red and puffy eye 😞
I think i’ll just stick to Wim Hoff’s breathing for few days and tomorrow I have VitC, ALA and gluthation infusion.

I am sick too. Slightly sore throat with a lot of phlegm, mild stuffy nose - no fever. I was aware of the warning but i used it never the less thinking oxygen will help with the cold. Didn’t have any problem with ears or headache but yesterday woke up with red and puffy eye 😞
I think i’ll just stick to Wim Hoff’s breathing for few days and tomorrow I have VitC, ALA and gluthation infusion.
Hello,
Just to add from my experience in a similar scenario.
When I feel that my throat is weakening and that it is going to turn into a sore throat, angina and cold, the first slight symptom that appears is almost always in the throat, it is not painful at this stage but I feel that it is "in preparation".
When this happens I have got into the habit of putting a scarf around my neck, 24 hours a day, for 1 to 3 days, and recently I have been using an aerosol with colloidal silver as well. Just with the scarf it was already working very well, but the last time, with the additional colloidal silver taken this way, the result was really amazing: the gene simply disappeared in less than 24 hours, as if the disease had been nipped in the bud.
My idea is that if it happens again, I will do my HBOT session but I will keep my scarf with me + take the aerosol in the chamber and use it for X minutes instead of the mask, or even let it diffuse inside the chamber, I think that should increase the efficiency even more. I understand that on a general rule it's better to say "avoid HBOT when ill", but to me this is a general rule given for safety reasons, and that you can adapt it once you know more about or get more used with ... healing/curing yourself.

Now, i do not ask the universe that i want to be ill to test this, so please, do not render me ill :lol:

As per the manufacturer's recommendation, Gauge has to come to zero before one opens the valve. But for the Gauge to come to 0, it takes a long time( more than 30 min).
That sounds like a lot, 30 minutes to decompressurize? I normally turn the nob a little and then after a couple of minutes all the way and it reaches 0 in 3-5 minutes. Perhaps the valve is not functioning well or some wrapping still blocking it. Alternatively you can after a couple of minutes, push the emergency release valve and that will take the pressure down quickly, I think.
As for being comfortable, @Abats , then you could also put some nice music on in there, such as this. I have found that reading romance novels makes the time fly by so that is something to consider for those who feel uncomfortable being in the confined space with restricted movements.

That sounds like a lot, 30 minutes to decompressurize? I normally turn the nob a little and then after a couple of minutes all the way and it reaches 0 in 3-5 minutes.
I mean to say it takes a long time if I open "little". I don't think it is valve issue. Initially, I was not opening fully thinking pressure has to come to 1. But, now a days I do you do. I am also out in 5 minutes.

@Aeneas Thanks for the advice but the best way to overcome my anxiety and claustrophobia seems to be in concentrating on dynamic content passing through multiple senses. I've tried reading and listening music but I can't stay enough focused, my eyes are on the minimal space and my ears on the background noise. I get a little anxious every time I have to dive but I take my courage in both hands and go anyway.

I tried a new session today but I couldn't even wait for the pressure to build up. the anxiety rose, I wanted to cry because I feel like I'm going into a coffin and I'm going to die... it's too hard for me, no matter what I do to calm down and fight, this confinement is too important, I'm sorry I can't continue with you and I feel terrible because with this plague 2.0 I tell myself that I have no chance to survive if I don't prepare my body, nor to be with you on the other side

I tried a new session today but I couldn't even wait for the pressure to build up. the anxiety rose, I wanted to cry because I feel like I'm going into a coffin and I'm going to die... it's too hard for me, no matter what I do to calm down and fight, this confinement is too important, I'm sorry I can't continue with you and I feel terrible because with this plague 2.0 I tell myself that I have no chance to survive if I don't prepare my body, nor to be with you on the other side
I'm so sorry to hear that Abats. Is it possible for you to ask someone you trust to perhaps sit there with you as support? Maybe call a friend just to have someone to talk to while being in the chamber? Would that help you think?

I'm so sorry to hear that Abats. Is it possible for you to ask someone you trust to perhaps sit there with you as support? Maybe call a friend just to have someone to talk to while being in the chamber? Would that help you think?
I don't think it will really help, I'm inclined to think it's a traumatism at work, the same thing happen when I want to take a really cold shower, I feel like I'm going to die and cry... I have to find some help, maybe an hypnotherapist to deal with that trauma that is showing up as claustrophobia and fear of dying

I tried a new session today but I couldn't even wait for the pressure to build up. the anxiety rose, I wanted to cry because I feel like I'm going into a coffin and I'm going to die... it's too hard for me, no matter what I do to calm down and fight

I had the same reaction as you. I still don't "love it", but I am close to 40 sessions. If I can do it, anyone can!

I don't need it anymore, but for the first 15 sessions or so I started chewing rescue remedy gum as soon as I was inside the chamber. It helped both my ears and my anxiety.

Like you, listening or reading did not help me, and of course, focusing on my breathing or my body sensations would have been bad advice in my case because the way my body felt inside the chamber was what made me panic.

I started watching the series Big Bang Theory on my phone or tablet. It's light, makes me laugh, and my mind is totally dissociated from what my body feels. 3 episodes back to back and the session is over. You can also do half-hour sessions even to start with. Don't try to watch things for learning, or anything serious. Pick a comedy that's totally silly.

Last but not least, since you live alone, it might help to have a friend on the phone while you start the session, just to offer you words of support and reassurance. Anybody you can trust in lifting your mood and feeling safe listening to them.

What I can tell you for sure:

You will not die in the chamber. It's impossible, with all the oxygen you are getting. Plus your heart is beating really fast because of the anxiety, that's a sign of strong physical vitality if not mental.

You will not faint in the chamber, again, too much oxygen.

If you want to get out immediately at any point, just press the emergency button and you could be out pretty quickly. It might hurt your ears but nothing else negative will happen to you. If it wasn't safe, they wouldn't have installed it for our use.

Sometimes I try to take my anxiety and pretend that it's excitement instead. My heart beats fast because I am so excited about this new adventure I am on not because I am scared!

The first time I made it all the way through a session I cried so hard (out of desperation because I felt like such a failure) that I was entirely exhausted to feel much anxiety in the end.

So, I wouldn't give up yet if I were you. Try out all kinds of things, fail, try again, as many times as you need to, and I am sure it will start feeling easier and easier with time. And you don't have to love it. You can go in and be honest about how much you hate it, and still do it (that was my first dozen times).

I hope any of the above can be of help to you. Best of luck, Abats :hug2:

@Alana Thank you for sharing your experience, as I was reading the thread I had the feeling that I was almost alone in this kind of difficulty and that there was an underlying problem that I had not dealt with before. With what you said, it makes me not want to give up again but I will not start again immediately. I'm going to try again and again, until I get rid of this feeling but I really live it as a torture

Ok, in general I feel more inflamed/pain in my feet, knees and hips than last time, they don't seem to progress. Maybe somewhat stronger or more endurance in other parts of my body. My skin has started drive me crazy, itching and burning. It's a little weird because it was my back that made me bedridden, never had any issues with my feet, knees, hips, or skin.

Did the iodine nuking for 4 days, then my body said no. Think it reduced my upper abdominal pain somewhat. Will try some Ivermectin if I can get my hands on it. Maybe parasites are the connection between skin, stomach pain, joint pain, diarrhoea, done a lot of things except the Ivermectin thing.

Try to go easier on things. Give the body time to do its thing.

I started doing Elliots Thiamin protocol 3 weeks ago, no conclusions yet other than I can't handle TTFD supplement so I start with Benfothiamin.

I did the Thiamine protocol too and it did nothing for me. It only works on people who have particular genetics or conditions I think.

I feel low, hoped that I could be able to leave my apartment by now.

But, finally I managed to get a chiropractor to make a home visit since my knees and hips don't get better, he took a look at my x-rays and decided to make regular visits.

200 sessions.

Well, I'm in the 140s of sessions and what I notice is that it takes TIME for stuff to change in the body. You must be doing two sessions a day or something . I think it won't matter much if you aren't giving the body time.

I notice gradual, incremental changes. I've also had what I thought were relapses but it was just the body doing stuff. After a week or so, it would right itself and back to incremental improvements.

I do think at this point it might help you to get a massage therapist in there to work on you once a week at least. After all these years and trying this and that, I'd take a good massage over chiropractic any day. And just be patient and steady!

@Alana Thank you for sharing your experience, as I was reading the thread I had the feeling that I was almost alone in this kind of difficulty and that there was an underlying problem that I had not dealt with before. With what you said, it makes me not want to give up again but I will not start again immediately. I'm going to try again and again, until I get rid of this feeling but I really live it as a torture
You're definitely not alone. The first time I got into the HBOT chamber, had a full blown panic attack along with nausea and couldn't stay in there. Eventually I started getting used to it but for the first 20 sessions or so felt this underlying anxiety, being alone and ill-at-ease being in there. There were so many times I couldn't wait for the session to end just so I could get out! I too was in an incubator when I was born due to complications and wondered if what I was experiencing had to do with that. Like Alana, I started watching entertaining TV shows on my cellphone to distract me from being in the chamber. Nowadays, I can be in there without too many issues but it didn't start out like that. You can do it! Just take it slow - small victories.

Back
Top Bottom