Ice Age Preparation ?

I thought this was interesting, re: Roving Gangs of Monster People and rounding out the other side of the argument...

Paul Joseph Watson offers this compilation of the horrible things which happen to people who wishfully try to over-write reality with their dream vision.

Successful navigation requires Knowledge and attention paid to Objective Reality!

If I were wont to backpack through the Middle East, I'd definitely want to be armed and dangerous. -Dervla Murphy, when in the 1960's she decided to bicycle from Ireland to India, pressured the local constabulary in her home town into advising and training her in the use of a handgun. Her relatives were aghast, but she was insistant. (And I think, she was only around 23 years old at the time.) The gun saved her life a couple of times on the road; once in India when a corrupt official tried to rob her, and once on the way through Europe against.., wolves! (Interestingly, her appraisal of her trip included the vast strength and masculinity of the Afghan men, their raw power, every male over a certain age walking with a rifle slung over one shoulder. She said they were, as a culture, the most civil and respectful of her, and she never felt unsafe for a moment. Upon crossing into Pakistan and India, the men became smaller and nastier and she felt threatened constantly.)

There's a time and a place for everything, and intent matters. She decided to do something dangerous, she learned about the objective realities she might expect, and she prepared accordingly.

Last edited:
On Sott I rarely see criticism of the bad Trump policies and actions. The same things that Obama, Bush Jr, Clinton did were criticized, but seem to be glossed over nowadays because of the focus on the controversies.
The Russia "collusion" etc are such bad lies that should be challenged. But it's such a distraction from the things that are not being addressed.

I think something you should consider with the criticism of trump from Sott is that Sott also focuses on separating the truth from lies. And Trump gets such a bad rep for anything and everything he does or does not do, that Sott may sometimes appear to be pro trump(more so if you are stuck in black and white thinking) in pointing out the ridiculous lies thrown his way. But that does in no way infer that Sott is pro Trump. The enemy of my enemy is not my friend.

You've done a top notch job of constructing a narrative in your head where armed conflict with monster-humans becomes your reality. You may not create it; but you certainly walk toward it.

I notice even in my current town, there are over-lapping bubble realites which co-exist, but for the most part remain invisible to each other. There is a dark drug culture complete with bike gang members. There is a hippie farm market/arts bubble, and there is a wealthy land owner/business community bubble. They go about their days, interacting with the people in their days, and remain oblivious to all else for the most part. I have to make a point of de-focusing and noticing details in order to look in on each bubble.

This is linked to picking which people you spend your time with; you only have so much time and energy to spend; pick your friends wisely. "Do they blow on your fire, or piss on your fire?" Are they wise and powerful or are they ignorant and weak? You will resonate with that with which you associate.

There's no shame in picking a violent Walking Dead sidearm reality. There's plenty of direct and powerful lesson material to be absorbed through such a scenario. It's not a neighborhood I want to wander through, however.

From what I gather, people are able to pick their parents and vice/versa -and the environments they incarnate in. If spots are only open in rough neighborhoods, regions in conflict, then human savagery is likely going to be a feature.

When choice becomes forced, when all options lead to the same set of experiences, then we end up with a broken system which needs resetting.

I suspect that resonating with violence is a way of choosing where your wave function collapses. -As well.., at what point do YOU become indistinguishable from the armed monster that you now imagine and feel the need to be prepared for?

"Knowledge is all the protection we need."

I don't know if you intended it,but it comes across a little condescending.I didn't speak of ''monster-people'' but real people that exist in extreme circumstances.I grew up in Russia during the economic collapse.An asteroid didn't hit,there were no earthquakes nor plagues or volcanoes going off.There was no ice age.Just an economic collapse.

People were violent and savage,psychopaths quickly rose to power and you heard constant stories of this or that person being attacked or mugged or killed.Organ harvesting was a real scare.Roaming packs of dogs attacked people and children, people were constantly being shaken down by the mob.Trash piled up as there was no one to collect it,heating didn't work.Food was overpriced.When you've worked for 6 months without pay and you start to wonder when the next meal is coming,all this talk of ''powerful friends'' becomes moot,because the only people around you with power are criminals.
This was only an economic collapse,a mere fraction of what we're heading toward.
If you want some examples,you can look at Venezuela where people are hunting pigeons for food and people's pets are constantly disappearing. You can look at Serbian accounts of the war or the accounts of syrians under ISIS occupation.You can look at what happened during Katrina where the government actively made the situation worse,listen to the accounts of survivors.To me you just sound cocky.

By the way,you never answered my question,merely dodged it.What should the Syrian people do?

I don't know if you intended it,but it comes across a little condescending.I didn't speak of ''monster-people'' but real people that exist in extreme circumstances.I grew up in Russia during the economic collapse.An asteroid didn't hit,there were no earthquakes nor plagues or volcanoes going off.There was no ice age.Just an economic collapse.

People were violent and savage,psychopaths quickly rose to power and you heard constant stories of this or that person being attacked or mugged or killed.Organ harvesting was a real scare.Roaming packs of dogs attacked people and children, people were constantly being shaken down by the mob.Trash piled up as there was no one to collect it,heating didn't work.Food was overpriced.When you've worked for 6 months without pay and you start to wonder when the next meal is coming,all this talk of ''powerful friends'' becomes moot,because the only people around you with power are criminals.
This was only an economic collapse,a mere fraction of what we're heading toward.
If you want some examples,you can look at Venezuela where people are hunting pigeons for food and people's pets are constantly disappearing. You can look at Serbian accounts of the war or the accounts of syrians under ISIS occupation.You can look at what happened during Katrina where the government actively made the situation worse,listen to the accounts of survivors.To me you just sound cocky.

By the way,you never answered my question,merely dodged it.What should the Syrian people do?

I assume you are referring to this question:

"Should Syrians move because ISIS wants territory?I assume you've been keeping up with SOTT so I don't need to explain how depraved they are.As far as movie villains/savages/barbarians go they fit them to a ''T''.So should the entire country drop everything and run?Give up not only your homeland,but all technology,infrastructure,agriculture,commerce,distribution routes and history?Does that sound reasonable?"

I figured you were not actually asking for a direct answer, but were framing your position through a powerful rhetorical example. I wasn't trying to avoid it. I did touch upon the concept of difficult regions in the post I made immediately following, but I can see how that might not satisfyingly serve as a direct answer, so I will offer an attempt at one now...

I don't know.

Or perhaps, "The best they are able given their circumstances, as befits their lesson profile."

It's not for me to judge what Syrians should be doing with their lives and choices. It seems they are locked in a field where options are limited, channeling them toward an established set of hard experiences. Trying to get off the violence cycle under those circumstances looks difficult.

Do you live currently in a region suffering from the kinds of problems you described growing up with in Russia? How did/do you react and move through that gauntlet?

I assume you are referring to this question:
Do you live currently in a region suffering from the kinds of problems you described growing up with in Russia? How did/do you react and move through that gauntlet?

Growing up there was a lot of violence and if you have to fight you fight that's all.I actually remember encountering a young psychopath,he would threaten to bash in the heads of old women with his skateboard,mind you he was about 6-7 y/o at this time.He was quite clever too btw.
Generally speaking,if you're not capable of violence you will be seen as weak and everyone will prey on you.That doesn't mean you have to get into every fight,but staying out of the way all the time is simply impossible.Remember that people will treat you how they see you not how you see yourself.You're thrust into social circumstances where the most sadistic either already have or are trying to establish a pecking order and the non-violent approach puts you at the very bottom of that hierarchy. This also makes it much harder for you carry on,since people will outright refuse to associate with you if you're at the bottom.

Speaking of where I live currently,there's a lot of racial violence that's swept under the rug,perpetrated mainly by aboriginals against whites and asians. A lot of general violence as well,I've noticed people blowing up a lot more,whether in public or at home.Not having guns is not a barrier to ambitious criminals.I personally know of a guy that was attacked with an axe when he refused to hand over money to his muggers.They chipped a piece of his chin off,the only reason it wasn't his whole head is because he has good reflexes.A long term friend some years back was ambushed by 7 abos and they pulled a knife on him.He was an excellent runner back then,so he managed to get away,but before you think you can do the same keep in mind that he could run,not jog, but nearly sprint for at least 4 kilometers and they chased him for 3 entire blocks.Lucky he didn't live in that neighborhood,or they would've gotten him another day.
I have little doubt that they would've killed him had he not gotten away.There's a difference between a shaky mugger asking for your wallet and being confronted with 7 malicious grins as they pull a weapon on you.
When I was younger I was mugged a few times.I was going through my ''violence is bad'' phase and looking back and remembering the body language and tone of voice,I can confidently say that violence would've solved at least 2/3 of those situations.

Keep in mind that I've left some things out simply because I wasn't sure where to fit them,but I think I should mention a couple all the same.When I was about 8 and went outside I was confronted by the sight of a bruised naked woman crying and frantically trying to get dressed.Likely simply a rape victim.Another time I went outside and saw a bloodied man lying on the ground,people ignored him.Someone had either killed or severely injured him during the night and we didn't hear a thing.When the paramedics came he wasn't moving.These are small unpleasant realities you get used to seeing daily and no amount ''you've constructed a reality inside your head'' type comments are going to change that.My advice for handling bandits doesn't come from Hollywood movies,I've simply seen and experienced what it's like when they take over.

The thought that really keeps me going though is that I can continue to train and study,to make myself as capable as I can so even if there's no one around who can help,people will be able to lean on me.

Growing up there was a lot of violence and if you have to fight you fight that's all.I actually remember encountering a young psychopath,he would threaten to bash in the heads of old women with his skateboard,mind you he was about 6-7 y/o at this time.He was quite clever too btw.
Generally speaking,if you're not capable of violence you will be seen as weak and everyone will prey on you.That doesn't mean you have to get into every fight,but staying out of the way all the time is simply impossible.Remember that people will treat you how they see you not how you see yourself.You're thrust into social circumstances where the most sadistic either already have or are trying to establish a pecking order and the non-violent approach puts you at the very bottom of that hierarchy. This also makes it much harder for you carry on,since people will outright refuse to associate with you if you're at the bottom.

Speaking of where I live currently,there's a lot of racial violence that's swept under the rug,perpetrated mainly by aboriginals against whites and asians. A lot of general violence as well,I've noticed people blowing up a lot more,whether in public or at home.Not having guns is not a barrier to ambitious criminals.I personally know of a guy that was attacked with an axe when he refused to hand over money to his muggers.They chipped a piece of his chin off,the only reason it wasn't his whole head is because he has good reflexes.A long term friend some years back was ambushed by 7 abos and they pulled a knife on him.He was an excellent runner back then,so he managed to get away,but before you think you can do the same keep in mind that he could run,not jog, but nearly sprint for at least 4 kilometers and they chased him for 3 entire blocks.Lucky he didn't live in that neighborhood,or they would've gotten him another day.
I have little doubt that they would've killed him had he not gotten away.There's a difference between a shaky mugger asking for your wallet and being confronted with 7 malicious grins as they pull a weapon on you.
When I was younger I was mugged a few times.I was going through my ''violence is bad'' phase and looking back and remembering the body language and tone of voice,I can confidently say that violence would've solved at least 2/3 of those situations.

Keep in mind that I've left some things out simply because I wasn't sure where to fit them,but I think I should mention a couple all the same.When I was about 8 and went outside I was confronted by the sight of a bruised naked woman crying and frantically trying to get dressed.Likely simply a rape victim.Another time I went outside and saw a bloodied man lying on the ground,people ignored him.Someone had either killed or severely injured him during the night and we didn't hear a thing.When the paramedics came he wasn't moving.These are small unpleasant realities you get used to seeing daily and no amount ''you've constructed a reality inside your head'' type comments are going to change that.My advice for handling bandits doesn't come from Hollywood movies,I've simply seen and experienced what it's like when they take over.

The thought that really keeps me going though is that I can continue to train and study,to make myself as capable as I can so even if there's no one around who can help,people will be able to lean on me.

Sounds like a harrowing childhood; quite the launching pad for a young life. Thank-you for the insight.

I grew up an ethnic minority in a community where I was also pushed around and bullied a lot as a child. -Not with nearly the same degree of bloody savagery as you describe in your childhood community, but enough so that when my family moved away, life became enormously better and happier. I wasn’t frightened of walking up the street anymore.

In terms of Karma, being deliberately hurt by another person is either a matter of paying off karmic debts, or earning ‘credit’ if the experience is unfairly piled upon you. -Or a third option of (perhaps?) being no different than getting burned accidentally in a house fire, or bitten by a mindless animal -if there is nothing behind the eyes of the attacker then are they so different than features of any tangibly dangerous environment? Nothing personal, just falling rocks. -Though I’m not sure how much sheer bad/good luck really exists and how much of our experience is decided by pre-life planning and unconscious beliefs about what we are supposed to experience moment to moment.

If you made it through childhood largely unscathed in body, then the experience might serve as a kind of knowledge-acquisition period, allowing direct insight into the worlds others inhabit; an exercise in consienciousness building. Many of the people I know who are successful today can report some remarkable, utterly over-the-top brushes with injustice and hateful behavior and during their childhood years.

Addendum...

I was just talking with a friend of mine visiting over the holidays, describing some of these posts and some what you described about Russia. He sparked on one detail and went off in a description of his own experiences. He also happens to work in a small, remote community of aboriginals where murders are a common monthly event, a gruesome fact of life. He described starting an online social media group which quickly attained over ten thousand members and he started posting about 'random acts of kindness' which resonated with a lot of the members, and which he said became expressed in very evident ways in the community. He said the murder rate dropped precipitously, almost to zero shortly thereafter. He didn't know if the two were definitely related, but it was an interesting observation. -Small impulses having grand effects.

Sounds like a harrowing childhood; quite the launching pad for a young life. Thank-you for the insight.

In terms of Karma, being deliberately hurt by another person is either a matter of paying off karmic debts, or earning ‘credit’ if the experience is unfairly piled upon you. -Or a third option of (perhaps?) being no different than getting burned accidentally in a house fire, or bitten by a mindless animal -if there is nothing behind the eyes of the attacker then are they so different than features of any tangibly dangerous environment? Nothing personal, just falling rocks. -Though I’m not sure how much sheer bad/good luck really exists and how much of our experience is decided by pre-life planning and unconscious beliefs about what we are supposed to experience moment to moment.

I wouldn't get too hung up on karma,it's too easy to overthink about this or that and when it comes time to act you've simply paralyzed yourself.I also wish to point out that my personal experiences were very mild in comparison to the kind of things that were going on (such as entire families being tortured into handing over ownership rights to land and property) and that things will be worse given the amount geological/volcanic/astronomical/solar disturbances that are happening.There will be no where to run to.The whole world will be either burning,shaking,frozen or buried.

Violence is inescapable and you should treat it as such.Just another aspect of life that our soft modern selves have become alien to.Even if you don't ever have to kill someone,it's better to be a warrior on a farm than a farmer in a war.
Now if you don't mind I'm tired of talking about killing,it was just a minor point in my original post because people tend to overlook that aspect.

I must be thick. Third density follows third density physics.... cause and effect. History repeats and so on. What gets me is how then something that is a non-linear idea can apply to a linear 3d world?
Because all density realms interconnect and the ones above will always be out of reach of our current density-level awareness/comprehension. Simply knowing and accepting things affect us from outside our scope that which we cannot understand is its own important lesson in and of itself.
You're certainly not thick DBZ, far from it! You're just a bit 'stuck' is all. I see many have given you some great responses, so I don't feel there's much to add, but I thought this session extract might help too:

Session 7 January 1995

A: Close. You limit when you perceive on 3rd level only and think that your perception is all there is.

Q: (L) So, in other words, we should be able to perceive on 1st and 2nd as well as 3rd while working on 4th level understanding?

A: No. Work on 4th, 5th and 6th.

Q: (L) Is it not also beneficial to understand the 1st and 2nd density levels as well, just simply for the exercise in understanding that which is below us?

A: Strive always to rise.

Following this exciting discussion I realized that we're actually seeing some sort of a psychological clash between optimists and pessimists.

To the pessimist optimists seem to be somewhat out of touch with reality. They don't seem to realize what a cruel and unpredictable world we live in.
They must be deluding themselves, because everything that can go wrong eventually will...

By thinking about what might go wrong the pessimist tries to protect him/herself against when things do go wrong.
The pessimist creates a protective buffer against disappointment and defeat.

Among optimists the conversation would all be about fantastic plans for the future and how things can only get better. Meanwhile the pessimists are having what might seem to the optimists like a depressing discussion. Far from working out how to make their dreams come true, they’re worrying about all the things that might go wrong.

To the optimists, the pessimists always seem to pour cold water on any exciting plans, which unnerves them.
The optimist reacts to unpredictability by choosing to think optimistically because it helps motivate him/her to try and try again.

For what it's worth...
We should all strive to be realists. To be a true realist is to recognise the times when being a realist is to adopt a pessimist POV - just as much as when to recognise the time to being a realist is to adopt an optimists POV.

We should all strive to be realists. To be a true realist is to recognise the times when being a realist is to adopt a pessimist POV - just as much as when to recognise the time to being a realist is to adopt an optimists POV.
In my opinion, being a realist is to be neither optimistic, or pessimistic. To me, that sounds a bit too much like being a leaf on the wind. I see being a realist as acting on the information in front of you. As an example, we have information that the weather might get cold. That puts a damper on food production. We know that "hangry" is a real thing. What can we do now to mitigate that potential future. Baby steps. Stash some food in a rubbermaid container. Join, or start a community garden/indoor growing . . . but here's the trick that I use to stay grounded. I have the stash of food, I started a community garden and even got a small greenhouse, but if a comet hits, like is suspected to have happened during the Dalton Minimum, I may not get a chance to use any of that fabulous planning. I may suffer a most horrendous death, but maybe some survivors afterwards may find the dried goods stash and extend their stay here.

Might be good to keep the looping (spiraling) monkey mind in check. Yes, all hell could break loose and the roving gangs of hangry yuppies might be followed by 30+/- million really big and bad ass aliens, but so what. Dying was part of the deal of living. Get used to it and move forward.

Well said.

But it would mean raising oneself above one's character traits, which can be deeply ingrained and that would be no mean achievement.

When push comes to shove most people will react within their inherent psychological conditioning. It would take a lot of work on the self to be able to adapt your approach accordingly.

In my opinion, being a realist is to be neither optimistic, or pessimistic. To me, that sounds a bit too much like being a leaf on the wind. I see being a realist as acting on the information in front of you. As an example, we have information that the weather might get cold. That puts a damper on food production. We know that "hangry" is a real thing. What can we do now to mitigate that potential future. Baby steps. Stash some food in a rubbermaid container. Join, or start a community garden/indoor growing . . . but here's the trick that I use to stay grounded. I have the stash of food, I started a community garden and even got a small greenhouse, but if a comet hits, like is suspected to have happened during the Dalton Minimum, I may not get a chance to use any of that fabulous planning. I may suffer a most horrendous death, but maybe some survivors afterwards may find the dried goods stash and extend their stay here.

Might be good to keep the looping (spiraling) monkey mind in check. Yes, all hell could break loose and the roving gangs of hangry yuppies might be followed by 30+/- million really big and bad ass aliens, but so what. Dying was part of the deal of living. Get used to it and move forward.
You're only a leaf in the wind if you have a poor sense of Self.
I said to adopt (not adapt) an optimist or pessimist POV (point of view) - not to actually BECOME an optimist or pessimist per se.

Which C's session was that? I'd like to see it in context.

I can't remember the session, but it was within the last few years, discussing the militarization of the France group when there was a visiting security professional advising Laura. You should have come across it yourself in your readings.

So when you see, for example, a child fall into a river and you instinctively and automatically jump in and pull them out, where is the thought of personal reward?

Instinctively... where is the choice there? I get it- I've been there and many of us have.
But honestly, it's a split second decision that IMO disregards other issues.

Is it really STO to risk your life to jump in there and save ONE person, even if you might die and cause more harm for your family, friends, and community?
If that is the case, it's not STO at all... it's a calculated risk. If the possibility of succeeding is good enough, most of us would jump.
Otherwise, we would decide to try to find other solutions- like to go find a rope.

I WOULD jump into the river to save the kid because I feel that I CAN save the kid- because I can swim.
If someone who cannot swim well chooses to jump in and cause more problems by later needing to save 2 people instead of 1, is that STO? If you look at it from a "higher perspective" it very well may be STS, because it's a subjective need that overrides the truth of the situation. Wishful thinking is thinking that you can do something even if it is not doable... like in that case of not being a good swimmer: blind optimism.

Back
Top Bottom