I'm on the Medical Merry-Go-Round

Lisa Guliani said:
'. Sorry to learn that you're not well and really hope your health issues get resolved quickly. I don't think I've been tested for a bladder infection, but can't say for sure. The doctors haven't been too forthcoming when it comes to actually discussing my test results with me. To that end, I ordered a copy of all my blood work, lab tests, etc. so I can get this information to those here on the forum more medically knowledgeable than me. As soon as I move from this place, that information will be scanned so others can evaluate what tests I've had and the results.
Thank you, Lisa!
I hope they'll work transparently and you'll be able to get all the results to look for everything that is at the root of you problem.

I researched a little bit more, and found these reports of mold victims interesting : _http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/mold.html#ANTI-FUNGAL
Maybe you'll find more ways for curing there, and ca evaluate the right ones with those who know more about health than we do in here...

Lisa Guliani said:
'As far as using an oil, I have magnesium oil now and also creams to apply for tonifying and moisture. I've actually done those cold-hot foot soaks you describe in the past, when I was being treated for RSD ( and it was awful due to my temperature and contact sensitivity issues). I have also done it within the last month to try and warm my feet and had to soak my feet in a basin of water during an appointment for my Doppler Studies, since the feet were ice cold. I'm not so sure it's a good idea to soak in cold water right now, since I'm not supposed to subject myself to cold temps at all, according to the doctors. The only part of my body that seems to retain heat at all is my torso. I am taking a gazillion supplements, and will look into the suggestions you've presented above. Always open to trying new ideas....:-)

I really hope you'll soon have all your body full of energy again! I read you'll soon be out - be careful about what you take along - it seems the mold sometimes comes along (reported by a victim in the link above)!

Lisa Guliani said:
The other night, a flap of skin came off the bottom of one of my toes and took with it a chunk of the tissue underneath, so now there's this 'dent' in my toe. I think it was dead tissue, but it burned when it happened. ON the other foot, where my dog stepped on my foot one morning and punctured a toe, the wound has been extremely slow to heal and this happened about 2 months ago. The scabs should have fallen off already, if that is what they are, but they are still present. I don't want to try and pick them off, so i leave them alone. The foot hasn't gottenenough blood and oxygen to properly heal this wound, and it's just taking longer than normal. Kinda hard for a wound to heal when the wounded area is cyanotic most of the time. Thing is, when my feet do get warmer, they aren't warm. They become very hot and inflamed and abnormally red. I see this happening in my hands as well. Then they burn and itch very badly. There seems to be no in-between with the temperature of the affected extremities. They're either burning hot or they're ice cold.

This really sounds like what they call smokers leg here in Austria - everyone knows it is not caused by smoking, but the campaign against smoking uses the disease as a brainwashing "detergent".The proper English name seems to be peripheral artery disease PAD. LQB mentioned it in a post above.

Has anyone ever suggested an angiopraphy?
If this is the cause, a stent or bypass in the leg is what they suggest here in Austria.
Sorry if I overread a reply of yours on this!

Lisa Guliani said:
Hopefully, a complete change of environment and being around some awesome CASS members will help turn this around. I know it's going to be a real spirit booster and that in itself will help the healing process.

Please take care, Momo. I wish you well and hope you're feeling much better very soon. I wish I could help.

Seems that your changing site is be the best of choices and I hope that you can recover swiftly and completely with a lot of good souls around you!!
Thank you for your kind words, they alone help, along with the fact that you are a wonderful contributor to this consciously and well-knit network!

momo

Hi Lisa,

pffff on the Health Department for their attitude (sign of the times) and sure glad you are nearly out and samples have been taken. If you need another set of eyes on the sample findings, if in question, perhaps a Mod can forward and i'll have my friend offer his analysis.

Our Health department my partner just told me shut down more local stores selling fresh farm eggs, so am perturbed enough at them, but I digress.

Ok, so was thinking about Hyperbaric Chamber's and what affect they have on Raynaud’s and was surprised, well not really, to find the following, which if you could find one, might offer some immediate relief.

http://baromedical.ca/medical/dermatology/raynauds-disease/

Raynaud`s Phenomenon and Raynaud`s Disease

{this you already know}

Raynaud’s phenomenon is a disorder of blood circulation in the fingers and toes (and less commonly of the ears and nose). It affects small arterial vessels causing them to collapse due to exposure to cold, emotional stress or vasoconstrictive agent (medication or smoking).

Abnormal nerve control of the blood-vessel diameter causes small capillary to collapse (A). Finger colour first turns white (B) due to lack of blood supply, then blue (C) due to lack of oxygen. Frequent attacs can lead to serious lack of tissue oxygen at fingertips and thrombosis that can result in tissue death – gangrene .

Raynaud’s phenomenon (RF) can be seen also with: rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, lupus erythematosus, frostbite, hormone imbalance and cancer.

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy:

Improves local circulation, oxygenation and cellular metabolism
improves the nerve control of the blood vessels (mechanism not known) causing attacks less frequent
improves tolerance of cold temperature and Raynaud’s attack
reduces numbness and tingling
decreases chance of thrombosis by reducing blood viscosity
relieves the effects of ischemia (low blood flow) by improving oxygen transport
reduces the incidence of ulcer or gangrene

When wound occurs:

promotes their healing
prevents infection
increases the effect of antibiotic therapy
reduces swelling and cramping
decreases pain and need for pain medication

My friend operated one of these as a diver for medical conditions and swears by them. Perhaps others here may be able to also verify this treatments validity.

Best to you going forward.

Hi Everybody...:-)

Here's a quick update from my last doctor appointments a couple of days ago:

March 21st I saw Dr. Veins ( vascular surgeon) and he says I should move down south and stay there, and he'd be interested to know how a warmer climate would impact my health condition. He afforded me a grand total of less than 10 minutes for the appointment I waited an hour to have. He says I have hardening of the arteries and I should take particular care to keep myself warm, especially my hands and feet. I've been doing that, so nothing new there.

A few days ago, a flap of skin and tissue fell off one of my toes. It left a dent in my toe and the toe started burning. He says the tissue is dry gangrene. I was pretty creeped out to hear this. So far, nothing has fallen off of the other toes and they are still pretty sore.

The doc told me NOT to soak my feet in warm water because I might get an infection if my feet are wet. I said, well, I take a shower and my feet get wet. He's
talking about soaking my feet in water, not a few minutes in the shower.

I went and had some bloodwork done to see if my infection is gone - still don't know the results. One collapsed vein later, I had to go see the allergist.
The allergist appointment was lengthy. I had 24 needlesticks in my back and arms to test me for allergic reaction to a variety of things, including mold.

I tested positive to 4 things - dust mites, pollen/mixed weed, and a little for dander ( or the oil from oil glands from dogs). If I have symptoms, I can't tell, because they're so mild. It's not what I went there for.
I tested positive for penicillium.

I asked which test was the one to test me for black mold.
The allergist said to me "There is no test for black mold in humans - only in buildings and on surfaces."
But that was the whole reason to even go to this appointment. Why didn't they just tell me that before sticking me with all those needles?

I got home and talked to Guardian. She tells me there iS a test for black mold - a blood test. She found a bunch of links on the web that refer to human testing for black mold.

Not sure why this doctor would tell me there is no test when there obviously is one, but he never tested me for it.
I have a copy of the test results.
So, I still don't know if I have black mold toxins in my body after all that. :-/

I'm trying to get everything all packed up or tossed out, as the Cass Cavalry will be here on Monday ( knock on wood) to get me out of here.
Thank you so much to everyone here and to Laura and the Chateau Crew for all the many wonderful things you've all done on my behalf.
The doctor says I will have this vascular condition for the rest of my life, and the allergist said he is very worried about the vessel damage in my body and wants me to follow up with a rheumatologist ( but of course he does!!). The doc he suggested that I see is the very same doctor who punted me to the vascular surgeon several weeks ago - the doctor who first told me I have arterial blockages in my legs.

I swear, it's like being in some sick nightmare, in which you're just being passed around from one whitecoat to another, over and over, and all anybody wants to do is write you a prescription, refer you to another doctor and take your money.

The vascular surgeon had a physician assistant who attempted to examine me. I got a little sharp with her because she was trying to push antidepressants on me.
This person asked me, "do you feel safe with yourself?"
Me: "Huh?"
PA: "Do you feel safe with yourself?"
Me: "Yes, I feel fine with myself. Do you feel safe with YOUR self?"

I told her a thing or two about depression, chronic illness and my views on antidepressants and how much I didn't appreciate her trying to label me a mental and get me on brain poison pills.
I made the comment that "I know that this is what doctors are doing now, pimping for Big Pharma."

She didn't make a peep after that. She looked embarrassed. My doctor agreed with me that I don't "need' antidepresants.
I guess I was kind of nasty to her, but I'm not sorry.
The whole interaction made me angry and it's just disgusting how they keep pushing people to take these pills, trying to label you, trying to get you Baker Acted so they can do whatever they want to you.

Okay, lots to do today. Thank you again to Everyone.
I love you all.

I am so happy for you that the "Cass Cavalry" will arrive on Monday to help you move.

Have you thought of writing a book about your experiences with Big Pharma at some point in the future? You have a very distinct way of putting things. Funny, too, OSIT.
Loved your little tete-à-tete with the physician assistant.

Hope no skin nor tissue will fall off your feet anymore, Lisa. That must have been a scary experience.

Good-luck with the move!

Mariama said:
I am so happy for you that the "Cass Cavalry" will arrive on Monday to help you move.

Have you thought of writing a book about your experiences with Big Pharma at some point in the future? You have a very distinct way of putting things. Funny, too, OSIT.
Loved your little tete-à-tete with the physician assistant.

Hope no skin nor tissue will fall off your feet anymore, Lisa. That must have been a scary experience.

Good-luck with the move!

Yeah, bon voyage! Moving out of that moldy place and spending time with high quality people (Cass Cavalry!) will surely make you feel better. :)

The book on Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy arrived today. It's about 165 pages, but heavy! I'll give it a read & let you know what I learn, Lisa. I had a patient yesterday who had broke a bone in her foot and was now suffering from RSD. When she said "RSD" and I knew what it was and a bit about it, she was surprised. She started taking Lyrica and said it helps, but she was still limping. That Lyrica scares the crap out of me, seems like its nasty stuff.

I also had another patient, whose friend, a nurse, also had RSD after a broken bone in her foot. Geez, this seems to be fairly common. I also feel damn lucky not to have gotten it, as I broke a bone in my foot in 1992.

I hope you're feeling better, Lisa. Travel safe. :scooter:

Good luck Lisa! Your health will surely improve very fast in your new home with friends and good weather. I wish you the best of best.

SeekinTruth said:
So glad to hear that the Cass Cavalry is coming to take you away from that place, Lisa.

Me too, Lisa :flowers: Wish you quick recovery and all the best :hug2:

Same here, Lisa -- the sooner you get out of there the better :hug2: Hope you have a smooth move, and that things start improving for you once you're in your new home.

Thank you all very much. I hold out the same hopes as you do....:-) This wouldn't be possible without the support from this network, so I have all of you and of course, Laura, to thank for all the good that's been coming my way. I will surely never be able to thank you all enough, or adequately.

I'm up early today because last night was not a good night for sleeping. As in, no sleep. The pain in my back and hip kept me awake and my chest hurt, and I just couldn't fall asleep. After tossing and turning for the last few hours, I couldn't stand it anymore, so I'm up now. Still lots of stuff to do, so it will serve a good purpose and things will get done.
It seems to me that if all these doctors weren't so fixated on blaming everything that's wrong with me on smoking, they might have actually LOOKED into other possible/probable causes for what ails me. They didn't see anything on the x-rays of my lower back and hip, so they told me all looked well - but all is not well and they ordered no further tests of any kind regarding this. Something is definitely wrong. I can feel the pain from my lower back to the right of my spine, radiating into my hip and down into my groin. It seems to become aggravated when I lie down, and gets worse the longer I am in a reclining position, no matter which side i try to sleep on. Between that nonsense and the foot nonsense, it'becomes impossible to stay in bed. I wish I knew what causes this pain, so I could know what the heck to do about it.

In any event, I hope all of you accept my sincere thanks and appreciation for rallying around me.
If not for you, who knows what would have happened by now.
I love you all.

I wish you Lisa speedy recovery and move out from that place asap.

I hope also as soon you move out the recovery will be fast.

Enough pain already! :hug:

Hi Lisa,
I am so happy to hear you are moving, and moving to what sounds like a much better situation--JOY!
This sounds like an all around better solution than what we discussed a few weeks ago. I am relieved that something is being done. Good luck to you Lisa and many thanks to all in the CASS rescue team who can make this move happen.
I am proud to be in a Fellowship of people who are so caring.
shellycheval

Lisa Guliani said:
I can feel the pain from my lower back to the right of my spine, radiating into my hip and down into my groin. It seems to become aggravated when I lie down, and gets worse the longer I am in a reclining position, no matter which side i try to sleep on.

I am very glad you are being rescued, Lisa, and getting out of that place.

As far as the back and hip thing, have you tried going to a good chiropractor? Or a good rolfer?

I have had hip and back pain before, where the pain radiated to my groin and it was my hip was twisted a bit. Once it was "fixed" things just got better for me, although I had to go back a couple of times in order to keep it in place. A masseuse might be good in that instance.

That may not be what your problem is, but since it was something I have experienced, I thought I'd let you know.

A :hug: to you, Lisa. Now that things are changing for you, here's hoping that things start getting sorted out.

Back
Top Bottom