Importance to think a positively.

Reading this thread is so encouraging in times of need and hardship. Thank you everyone for the positive thoughts and the encouragement to live in a positive way. And I heartily agree that we should do things not because you think it will change anything, but because you think it is the right thing to do.

Nothing has changed my life more then the power of positive thinking, general kindness and showing a little Love. Most appreciate it and some just don't understand. It has worked for me. If most people here did that then the world would indeed be a better place. :)

I, myself can be a bit cynical. It's learned behavior, and has become just a part of my personality. But, as we learn and begin to self observe, we realize that our personality traits are not who we are. But I do have to really work to be positive, especially with all that is going on in the world around us.
One thing I use is the names of God. I have to remind myself that the labels I use to judge all these "negative" things going on around me, are just subjective.
Don Juan talks about a strategic inventory. It is the eagles command that we all make an inventory, but a warrior makes a strategic inventory. He makes it, sees it as subjective because that's what it is and then lets it go. So far, thats the best I've come up with. It was a serious struggle for me, as I'm sure I'm not alone in the suffering I feel through my empathy.Through witnessing all the tragedy in the world around me. I had to learn to endure!! I had to learn to remain positive, but is a work in progress. Most likely, will always be a work in progress. Threads like this are such a great tool!! It does help to think about all of you, experiencing the same sadness and struggling against it. Doing the best we can, to keep on keeping on!
Thanks to everyone who participated in this helpful thread.

Back
Top Bottom