Internal Racism

As far as I can tell, racism today, whether internal or external, is a product of our corrupt national and global society. I doubt there is anything innate to human beings that would cause them to think less of another person because of their skin color or physical characteristics. I also don't believe there is any innate differences among normal human beings that would ever lead to such an attitude. Ergo, racism today has to be a product of external forces.

luke wilson said:
So what are your thoughts? Has anyone heard of the term before?
Yep, I know this one well. I also call it self hatred and unfortunately, as has been said, isn't limited to race but includes pretty much all people, I think - most especially those who are marginalized or believe in the programming that says they are.

When I was younger, I fell for much of the programming and internalized it to a point where I felt as if many people were hated me. I wondered 'why did I have to be born with brown skin, with curly hair, etc'. Over time, I slowly began to realize that the problem wasn't me, what I looked like, how I spoke, what I ate, who I dated, the problem was that I believed what other people wanted me to think about myself. I believed the projections of others - the fact that they were identified with the need to view me and others in a certain way. I took the hatred/fear others felt towards me and turned it against myself.

This realization helped me to begin in small ways to accept myself and let go of the need to blame myself for things I had nothing to do with or can't change. This self acceptance, I think, helps me to be more accepting of others.

I've also found that travel and getting out of one's comfort zone by being open to interacting with people of all kinds can help with getting past one's programmed behaviors.

Megan said:
Mr. Premise said:
...People can take the IAT test here https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

Been there, done that, results not good.

I took a similar test from Harvard once. It concluded I was homophobic, which was news to me considering I'm gay. I think maybe a lot of social anxiety and neuroticism surrounding that identity back in high school is what the test confused with actually having a negative opinion about LGBT.

@ Psyche,

Well, I don't know much about the complexities of being mixed race but what I do know is that it pretty much boils down to, self-identification. The problem is not really with the individual per se but rather that the wider society wants to pigeonhole you into a specific box. The fact is, life is already pretty tough without the need of adding on extra baggage.

I would also say, where one gets there information about such matters is very important. There are places out there with all sorts of agendas, be it pro-white, pro-black, anti-this, anti-that trying to pit one against the other etc etc. This is where I think just having some common sense and some sense of what passes as normal human behavior might help filter what is useful from what is lies.

Perceval said:
As far as I can tell, racism today, whether internal or external, is a product of our corrupt national and global society. I doubt there is anything innate to human beings that would cause them to think less of another person because of their skin color or physical characteristics. I also don't believe there is any innate differences among normal human beings that would ever lead to such an attitude. Ergo, racism today has to be a product of external forces.

Yes I think it has been designed no doubt by the psychopathic elites in there endless pursuit for power, control and wealth. It is something none-existent that sadly has very real consequences. It is essentially made manifest by what people think or have been taught to think and thus operate. OSIT.

Lastly, I think just being aware of this, the whole dynamics behind it, can really help people. Just knowing that some of the feelings you might have about yourself are due to some very real forces out there that have co-opted the whole planet can be kind of liberating. It can start the process of self-healing at least in the sense where people can begin to tell apart what is real and what isn't within them, 'wait a second, this is not me, I have been made to think this way etc'. From there you can connect the dots to at least get a rudimentary idea of how the situation came to be, to get an idea of the control grid. However, it is with some sadness that most minority people on the way to healing who are not aware of psychopaths will lay the blame on white people in general. That is as far as there level of knowledge will let them go.

I haven't seen the above translate into hate but rather to the idea which is floating out there that white people are kind of messed up. This is then where the investigation stops, from what I've seen.

whitecoast said:
Megan said:
Mr. Premise said:
...People can take the IAT test here https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

Been there, done that, results not good.

I took a similar test from Harvard once. It concluded I was homophobic, which was news to me considering I'm gay. I think maybe a lot of social anxiety and neuroticism surrounding that identity back in high school is what the test confused with actually having a negative opinion about LGBT.
Well, the test doesn't test people's opinions about race or homosexuality. That is the conscious part. It tests the unconscious biases. So you're experience is not surprising, and Gladwell points out that most black people also have unconscious biases against black people. That's what's so insidious about the whole thing.

whitecoast said:
...I took a similar test from Harvard once. It concluded I was homophobic, which was news to me considering I'm gay. I think maybe a lot of social anxiety and neuroticism surrounding that identity back in high school is what the test confused with actually having a negative opinion about LGBT.

I believe that Malcolm Gladwell, the well-known author who is English-Jamaican biracial, wrote about these kinds of tests, and he didn't fare well on them either. The phenomenon is real, and it is no accident. We are programmed with images of "black is dangerous" no matter what our race.

Megan said:
whitecoast said:
...I took a similar test from Harvard once. It concluded I was homophobic, which was news to me considering I'm gay. I think maybe a lot of social anxiety and neuroticism surrounding that identity back in high school is what the test confused with actually having a negative opinion about LGBT.

I believe that Malcolm Gladwell, the well-known author who is English-Jamaican biracial, wrote about these kinds of tests, and he didn't fare well on them either. The phenomenon is real, and it is no accident. We are programmed with images of "black is dangerous" no matter what our race.

It is really too widespread to assume it is coincidence. But why? Who benefits? Cui bono?
Perhaps its just another "left over" from the nephalim/4D STS ideas of supreme race that the aryans took to heart and enforced on everyone else.
Maybe there is more. Don't know right now.

Perceval said:

Absolutely. To me, racism seems to be just another societal program intended to cause division and derision amongst people. Unfortunately, people internalize these programs and the result is everything we see today regarding race. The only true division is between psychopaths and normal people and all the "isms" are just a means to distract normal people from figuring this out.

That being said, there may be something to "race" on a kind of spiritual or cosmic level. I think I remember the C's saying something relating to blacks or Africans and their hardships as being due to karma from past actions (at a group level). Can anyone locate that session? At any rate, being part of a particular racial group could just be part of certain lessons that people have to learn, not necessarily worse or better than any other lessons that have to be learned.

Odyssey said:
That being said, there may be something to "race" on a kind of spiritual or cosmic level. I think I remember the C's saying something relating to blacks or Africans and their hardships as being due to karma from past actions (at a group level). Can anyone locate that session? At any rate, being part of a particular racial group could just be part of certain lessons that people have to learn, not necessarily worse or better than any other lessons that have to be learned.

I think this is it:

Q: (L) Now, relating to what we have been discussing lately. Did any groups of the black race, on their own, ever create a high civilization as has been reported by several archaeologists or other individuals.

A: Yes.

Q: (L) On their own without assistance?

A: No.

Q: (L) Who did they have assistance from?

A: Lizards.

Q: (L) Why have black people, in general, for most of recorded history, been living in such primitive conditions with such primitive mind set?

A: Isolation from modern interaction.

Q: (L) Why is this?

A: Karma. Punishment for past society which was cruel master hierarchical.

Q: (L) Are black people being abducted by the Lizzies as frequently as white people?

Q: (L) Why do we hear so little, if any, about this?

A: You hear little of black culture in general.

Q: (L) Are black people, within their cultural confines, aware of aliens and alien abductions?

A: Less aware and discuss it less.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28379.msg353158.html#msg353158

astrozombie said:
Raised a Catholic, I was conditioned to have homophobia.

As a young teen, I participated with a large group of "friends" that began a systematic campaign of harassing a gay male in our school.

I am devastated to say that he eventually committed suicide after a few year of this torment.

People, this type of guilt can become unbearable for those of us who have a soul, unlike OPs.

I still wonder what amazing things this young man could have contributed to the world.

I have since become an outspoken person on such bullying tactics but the damage for me has already been done.

First I like to commend you on your courage to open up.

I think I can understand a little of your pain.

And if you are truly feeling guilt, don't try to alleviate it. Let it light the fire within to help you help others. In my opinion if you can help one person through your actions then your actions can begin to atone for your mistakes.

I know it is rather difficult but you must also be a little more compassionate with yourself. Give yourself a break in understanding that you were raised by a very fear based ideology.

Just consider that the guilt and pain might be with you till the rest of your life, but IMO that can be a great thing. Use it to develop a healthy fear of what “your machine” is capable of.

Fear IMO exists for us to conquer, tame, and use.
We all make mistakes because of fear. What is key is the lesson that it teaches, and how we go about in atoning for our “sin”.

First step is owning up, which you seem to be doing. Just keep at it and remember to constantly network and read.

truth seeker said:
Odyssey said:

I think this is it:

Q: (L) Now, relating to what we have been discussing lately. Did any groups of the black race, on their own, ever create a high civilization as has been reported by several archaeologists or other individuals.

Q: (L) On their own without assistance?

A: No.

Q: (L) Who did they have assistance from?

A: Lizards.

Q: (L) Why have black people, in general, for most of recorded history, been living in such primitive conditions with such primitive mind set?

A: Isolation from modern interaction.

Q: (L) Why is this?

A: Karma. Punishment for past society which was cruel master hierarchical.

Q: (L) Are black people being abducted by the Lizzies as frequently as white people?

Q: (L) Why do we hear so little, if any, about this?

A: You hear little of black culture in general.

Q: (L) Are black people, within their cultural confines, aware of aliens and alien abductions?

A: Less aware and discuss it less.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28379.msg353158.html#msg353158

Yep, that's it. Thanks truthseeker.

astrozombie said:
As a young teen, I participated with a large group of "friends" that began a systematic campaign of harassing a gay male in our school.

Why do you think you did that?

Megan said:
whitecoast said:

I remember Malcom Gladwell bringing up this test in "Blink". It was really spot on for me, because like Malcom, I consciously hold no racial prejudices. However I have observed myself, without taking any test that taps my unconscious, that I will immediately, without conscious thought, become more alert to danger whenever I am walking on the street and if even one black person enters into my area! I cannot help it, it just happens. When this happens, I observe the increased wariness, while my conscious mind begins to feel guilty upon observing this reaction and I begin to chastise myself. However, it is understandable, as Gladwell explains, that my unconscious mind has absorbed the messages from media that blacks are over-represented in crime in say USA and Canada (and I remember this especially when I lived in Toronto).

In Finland, where I live now, the message has been that foreigners, who might be refugees from troubled countries, are overrepresented in crime, and the easiest way to spot a foreigner in this society is if they happen to not be white like most of this homogenous population is. To be fair, there are other things that cause me to be more alert: such as a group of young white males walking down the street. My unconscious becomes suddenly wary, just in case they are a group of guys with too much alcohol in their system, and may be spoiling for trouble.

truth seeker said:
luke wilson said:
So what are your thoughts? Has anyone heard of the term before?
Yep, I know this one well. I also call it self hatred and unfortunately, as has been said, isn't limited to race but includes pretty much all people, I think - most especially those who are marginalized or believe in the programming that says they are.

When I was younger, I fell for much of the programming and internalized it to a point where I felt as if many people were hated me. I wondered 'why did I have to be born with brown skin, with curly hair, etc'. Over time, I slowly began to realize that the problem wasn't me, what I looked like, how I spoke, what I ate, who I dated, the problem was that I believed what other people wanted me to think about myself. I believed the projections of others - the fact that they were identified with the need to view me and others in a certain way. I took the hatred/fear others felt towards me and turned it against myself.

This realization helped me to begin in small ways to accept myself and let go of the need to blame myself for things I had nothing to do with or can't change. This self acceptance, I think, helps me to be more accepting of others.

I've also found that travel and getting out of one's comfort zone by being open to interacting with people of all kinds can help with getting past one's programmed behaviors.

Also of brown skin, unmanageable hair, female & still young, I know this program. For me it seems to run parallel with a competitive or comparing program that's pretty absurd, as though I was internally white so a walking contradiction in 'the face of my race'. As in my interests/take on things don't 'line up' with the standard African's/others of brown skin I know per se, how different colours look on me as opposed to other races, ineptness in speech - in short, not being like others on either side of the coin.

It's natural for the brain makes comparisons I guess... being open to interacting with people of all kinds, travelling & working on accepting myself have been, & continue to be invaluable. The effects of the comparisons are still felt subconsciously though.

Iron said:
I don't think this feeling of being "uprooted" has much to do with being mixed-race. I am black and consider myself also a citizen of the world. Perhaps in my case it was a back-lash after perceiving that blacks tend to be the most racist of all against other blacks. I just did not know until today that this phenomenon had a name - Internalized Racism.
Thanks Luke for starting this thread. Learning a lot!

Yup, a citizen of the world here!

I know precisely what you mean Iron by blacks tending to be the most racist against other blacks, it is like a projection of the self-hatred.
In terms of those who are marginalized or believing in the programming, particularly in light of internalized racism, what about letting go of the need to blame others or stop believing what they want one to think? That's kind of an open question, as it is on the shoulders of external forces that the modern white patriarchy sits.

Breton said:
I remember Malcom Gladwell bringing up this test in "Blink". It was really spot on for me, because like Malcom, I consciously hold no racial prejudices. However I have observed myself, without taking any test that taps my unconscious, that I will immediately, without conscious thought, become more alert to danger whenever I am walking on the street and if even one black person enters into my area! I cannot help it, it just happens. When this happens, I observe the increased wariness, while my conscious mind begins to feel guilty upon observing this reaction and I begin to chastise myself. However, it is understandable, as Gladwell explains, that my unconscious mind has absorbed the messages from media that blacks are over-represented in crime in say USA and Canada (and I remember this especially when I lived in Toronto).

I have always thought there was a difference between black in terms of color of skin and Black in terms of a stereotypical cultural image I (and society) held. It's feels embarrassing to say, that I could be so prejudicial, but if a person has a different skin tone from white (being mine) but falls into the category of a "white" attitude, I have never really felt physically threatened - within the context of a stranger situation, late at night, or that sort of thing. An individuals body language and the look in their eyes says so much more than merely the amount of pigment they have in their skin. So I've always thought that when people talk about blacks being more likely to do this or that bad thing, they are really referring a segment of individuals who happen to have black skin, but are really a racial offshoot of a "thug culture" that members of all races fall into. I will cross the street if a group or individuals appear harmful regardless of skin color. But at the same time, I have to admit I tend to be more wary of those whose skin color is black.

What is missed in the perspective of many white people here in America is the situation and conditions that have contributed and led up to the situation we find ourselves in. The C's have something different to say about the matter- that there is a karmic influence behind it - but I figure that you could take any particular race of people, and subject them to slavery, economic and political disenfranchisement, and then widespread, long-running, prejudice and you would end up with the same sorts of mental attitude and behavior. I've personally met all sorts of nasty people across the entire spectrum of skin color.

Obama recently said there needs to be a national discussion about race. I think if we leave it up to politicians, nothing, like always, would ever get done. What needs to happen is for individuals to be able to sit down and discuss how they really feel about things. For example, I used to work with a couple of black guys and we talked about race and racism all the time - and I thoroughly enjoyed our discussions. I never felt comfortable admitting it, but I really wanted to say to them, that whites have a long way to come in their understanding of what it means to be black (myself included). These days racism against blacks is masked pretty well for those of us who have never endured it. But black people need to understand that your typical white person is intimidated by black people. It's the wrong way to see a segment of individuals, it's subjective and prejudicial, but it's also true (in my personal experience and observation). Without starting from a position of honesty, how can we ever hope to resolve these problems?

Back
Top Bottom