Interview with Mel Robbins

Unfortunately Im still pressing the snooze button in the morning 🤣
Oh man! That's me! I've recently managed to do a compromise of setting a much, much earlier alarm and turning it off with a second alarm as my last cut off time before I'm officially late. The counting backwards, 5-4-3-2-1, is much easier on the second and I'm finding I'm waking up 30min-1hr before my final alarm.

This week I came across this video by Mel Robins:

It is super interesting! She mentions the program you all mention above and for what she says, the program looks promising!

She talks about the vagus nerve! :-) She tells a bit of her story and talks about the importance of learning how to regulate our nervous system, which sometimes can need a bit of repairing. She also gives a few tools to repair the nervous system. I know the forum is full of those tools too, but it it's always nice to hear someone else out there talking about it and giving good tips and insights on it.

I finally finished it (I had to split it up into smaller chunks). I found it quite interesting! And for those who did it too, I am a "path layer/box stepper". Definitely not the "box jumper" profile. So, I've got my work cut out for me now. :-D

I watched all three of Mel's videos too and it was useful. At first glance her tips and tricks seem simple and obvious, but the realisation of their importance comes when you pay close attention to them, doing the exercises, writing down thoughts. Usually I reason in my mind, but here I decided to print out her workbook and fill it in. The task with the fuel tank was surprising. So simple, but it clearly revealed problem areas in life.

I'm a "box stepper" too. And I really lose sight of my goal. And for me the real problem is wanting something (a colossal block laid down in early childhood). I've only filled in 3 lines of my desires out of 5. I continue to work on myself.:wizard:

Attachments

• цщклищщл.jpg
    цщклищщл.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 23
Want to share this recent podcast (june 23) from Mel Robbins.
Surprinsingly, i suspected a form of ADHD or autism on me since some times, and this podcast enlights that. I thought it can interest some of you who have attention issues.

More and more adults are being diagnosed with ADHD, so today, we are unpacking the 6 surprising signs of ADHD. I also tell you why so many women, in particular, go undiagnosed. In this episode, we go deep into what ADHD is: a neurological disorder that affects the brain structurally and chemically. I explain the signs and the science behind what is going on in your brain to help you live a better life. If you ever wondered if you have ADHD, if you feel like menopause ismaking it worse, or if you struggle with anxiety, an eating disorder,or low self-esteem, you have to listen. All these might be symptomsof ADHD.

This episode goes way beyond an inability to focus, because ADHD is so much more. This is an education in how your brain works, how focus works, and how to help yourself or someone in your life who may have ADHD.

Today you’ll learn:
  • Why women have been profoundly underdiagnosed
  • Four key differences between genders with ADHD
  • Why my diagnosis was both a blessing and a curse
  • The surprising way most women find out
  • Six symptoms of ADHD that most people don’t catch
  • The connection between anxiety and depression and ADHD
  • Resources and hacks to help you take charge over your symptoms

Back
Top Bottom