Interview with Mel Robbins

This was exactly, precisely what I needed to hear right now, It's a big wake-up call for taking responsibility for my habit of constantly worrying. I can throw out any hope for "motivation" to strike; stop waiting around for the strength and courage to descend. Hearing her story was very impactful. Thanks for posting.

Very interesting!

I can say that I've noticed how sometimes I may feel anxious about something and my brain starts to create a theory about why is that. And sometimes (maybe most of the time :whistle: ) it isn't something real, meaning, there's nothing really to make me anxious, but it's a habit, so the brain needs to create the reason why that anxiety is there. The lady in the video describes something similar.

What is amazing is that once you can notice how your brain is creating theories about what you're feeling, you can choose not to believe and it's like in the video, you can decide to go with what your brain is telling you, or you can choose not believe in that theory and do something different. It isn't always easy, but I guess that the more you practise, the easier it becomes.

Thank you for sharing, Laura! :flowers:

I enjoyed watching and listening to her - she sounds honest and the technique is so crazy simple that I want to try it out!
During the watching of the video, I caught myself drifting off, and - 5,4,3,2,1 - I was back! :-D
...now, let´s see how it goes in life...

Laura, Thank you for posting this video of Mel Robbins. The 5-4-3-2-1 countdown technique she talks about is quite an amazingly SIMPLE technique. A nice, gentle way to interrupt your thinking and any intrusive thoughts that literally disrupt whatever it is you want to accomplish or change. The way that Mel explains how our brains really work and how they can sabotage our hopes and dreams and intentions was just the video I needed to see today. I am going to pass this gem on to a friend who is having a tough time with anxiety.

Bravo for the find!!!

I’ve been trying it out, and it definitely works. Whenever I sense the start of a thought loop, the counting backwards cuts it off and nips it in the bud. It allows me to be continue to be myself, rather than ‘fall into confluence’ as Mouravieff would have put it.

Thanks for sharing the video, Laura.

Back
Top Bottom