Iodine and Potassium Iodide

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned but Hakala Labs sell lugol type stuff including pill form in various strengths as well as self-test kits to check your levels. I find them quite good. Pricing seems fair for what they offer. Billy Joe Bob sez, check ‘em out!
Cool! I'll have a look, thank you! I wonder if they ship to Brazil (edit: just checked, and they don't :cry:). However, I did find this Lugol solution on a Brazilian website. Is that the same as taking iodine tablets?

Ok, this weird thing happened to me a couple of nights ago. I was meditating, as I do every night, and then when I was about to end the session and roll up the mat, a past life appeared to me and offered me some insight. There were attempts to block the info (via psychic attack), but I focused extra hard and it finally came through. And the information was that I should taking iodine.

Now, I never even knew that was a thing. I kinda wanted to dismiss the advice, as it didn't seem that important. I do consume a lot of sea/Himalayan salt, so I though there was no need and this past life was crazy lol. But then after the meditation session, I went back to reading the C transcripts... I've read all of 1994-2002 ones and am now in the process of reading the newer ones, from 2022 backwards. And the night this iodine info came through, the next sessions waiting on my queue were from 2016/2015. And a couple of them mentioned iodine and salt water. So, I was like, "ok, maybe I should pay attention to this".

I did some research and apparently iodine can help treat hemorrhoids. And I've been losing some blood lately because of that. So, I guess that's why my subconscious mind chose to guide me in this direction.

So, I went looking for iodine supplements at all the local drugstores (I live in a small town in Brazil, not many drugstores around). I was only able to find these iodine tablets for pregnant women. 200 mcg/tablet. I took one today and am feeling very energized. It's weird, but definitely not bad. Does anyone here know if that's a good dose? Too strong/weak? My intuition tells me it's ok, that I should try it for at least a month and see if the bleeding stops... But maybe someone here has better info/sources?

Thank you! <3

You may or may not have read this article written by our own Dr Gaby.

Iodine - Suppressed knowledge that can change your life -- Sott.net

It outlines the protocol used by many here on the forum, including the cofactors used, dosages and possible side effects and risks of using iodine. Some are very sensitive to iodine, while others can tolerate greater amounts.

This entire thread is a long read, but is recommended for anyone wanting to try iodine. It details the experiences of many forum members and their results using iodine.

Not sure what is available in your country, but I used 5% Lugol's solution, which is a combination of 5% iodine and 10% potassium iodide.

Best of luck and hope this helps.

I do consume a lot of sea/Himalayan salt, so I thought there was no need and this past life was crazy lol.

@jg86,

I had heard that Himalayan salt has no iodine and it seems that may be the case.

From Wikipedia:
Himalayan Salt
Himalayan salt is a table salt. Analysis of a range of Khewra salt samples showed them to be between 96% and 99% sodium chloride, with trace presence of calcium, iron, zinc, chromium, magnesium, and sulfate, all at varying safe levels below 1%.[1][9][10][11] Some salts mined in Pakistan are not suitable for food or industrial use without purification due to impurities.[1] Some salt crystals from this region have an off-white to transparent color, while the trace minerals in some veins of salt give it a pink, reddish, or beet-red color.[12][13]

Nutritionally, Himalayan salt is similar to common table salt.[11][14] Though a study of pink salts commercially available in Australia showed Himalayan salt to contain higher levels of a range of elements, including calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, aluminum, barium, silicon, and sulfur, and reduced levels of sodium, compared to table salt, the authors concluded that "exceedingly high intake" (a level in excess of the recommended daily salt intake by almost 600%) would be required for the differences to be clinically significant, levels at which any potential nutritional benefit would be outweighed by the risks of elevated sodium consumption such an intake would entail.[15] One notable exception regards the essential mineral iodine. Commercial table salt in many countries is supplemented with iodine, and this has significantly reduced disorders of iodine deficiency.[16] Himalayan salt lacks these beneficial effects of iodine supplementation.[17][18]

I have been taking Lugols iodine supplement drops since 2015 after the Cs mentioned it. Along with a Paleo/Keto diet change and I feel it has been very beneficial.

@jg86,

I had heard that Himalayan salt has no iodine and it seems that may be the case.

From Wikipedia:
Himalayan Salt

I have been taking Lugols iodine supplement drops since 2015 after the Cs mentioned it. Along with a Paleo/Keto diet change and I feel it has been very beneficial.
Thank you! I'll continue taking the iodine tablets and observing how my body reacts. As for Himalayan salt not containing iodine, the one I consume does contain it, according the label. It's probably added to the salt (which the label says does come from Pakisthan).

Again, thank you for replying! (:

You may or may not have read this article written by our own Dr Gaby.

Iodine - Suppressed knowledge that can change your life -- Sott.net

It outlines the protocol used by many here on the forum, including the cofactors used, dosages and possible side effects and risks of using iodine. Some are very sensitive to iodine, while others can tolerate greater amounts.

This entire thread is a long read, but is recommended for anyone wanting to try iodine. It details the experiences of many forum members and their results using iodine.

Not sure what is available in your country, but I used 5% Lugol's solution, which is a combination of 5% iodine and 10% potassium iodide.

Best of luck and hope this helps.
Beautiful, thank you! I'll keep researching and maybe try to Lugol solution :-D

Hello,

yesterday while researching the subject on the web, I stumbled upon this iodine dose calculator that may be useful for some of you :

This service is provided by the author of this website, which looks like an interesting source of infos :

The author described some of his journey towards health in this page :

Both of these sites have not yet been cited in this thread, to my knowledge.

Is there a structured protocol that everyone in the group is following for detoxification with iodine supplementation, and detoxification in general? I’ve been cycling keto/paleo for a year now but barely discovered this iodine treatment for removal of heavy metals/supporting glands. I’m pretty sure I have adhd of some degree because I seem to want the whole cake and the neighbor’s too and please tell me if I am appearing needy.

What I’m trying to say is, should I read through all the pages of this thread and all threads, which would take a massive amount of time (which is fine, there’s literally god knows how many years of painful work done by so many here) , or should I ask for recommendations based off experienced trial/error analysis from the forum members? Is there a efficient way to “catch up” to the marathon that’s been being ran for decades?

Since I just found a way to improve my blue iodine recipe, I might as well give an update on my experience with blue iodine.

The good news is that I had no bad experience with blue iodine made with potato starch whatsoever. So I think it's safe to recommend it to other people. Just remember to not make it with corn starch. With corn starch you get what I call a purple iodine and I don't recommend it. For some reason it's very caustic on the stomach.

What is the difference between taking the blue iodine and ordinary Lugol? It's hard to say, but there is a subtle difference. It gives me a reiki like energy in my palms. I wasn't able to feel that with the Lugol's iodine. Lugol would give me more physical energy, and this is different.

Anyway, the improvement in the recipe consists of mixing the 1ml of Lugol's iodine with the 50ml of water prior to adding it to gelatinized potato starch. In my old recipe I would add Lugol's iodine directly to gelatinized starch. What this new method does is that removes the flakes in the mixture, so it has a perfectly homogenized mixture of starch and iodine.

Here is the original advice that I found on YT (translated from Russian):

Many write that iodine does not completely dissolve, it turns out in flakes, in order to get a homogeneous mass, do not pour iodine immediately into the jelly, first dissolve the iodine in a small amount of water at room temperature, 20-30g, then just pour it into the jelly and mix well, it will turn out great, homogeneous.

Some people in the comments complain that they still have flakes. It could be that they are using the corn starch, instead of potato, or that they are using too small amount of water to mix with Lugol, or that they wait for the mixture to cool. I just pour it into the warm mixture. Some amount of iodine might escape into the air, but the mixture is perfectly homogenized this way.

And here is the video presentation of how it works. You can use the YT to translate the subtitles. In my recipe for a small batch I am using a 200ml of water mixed with 1 teaspoon of potato starch, together with a little citric acid and a teaspoon of sugar, and additional 50ml of water with the 1ml of Lugol's 5% iodine dissolved in it.

In the video they say that this iodine mixture can be preserved for 20 days. Well, I just finished my last batch that was preserved for 6 months that I left in my closet during the hot summer temperatures and I couldn't find a single trace of bacteria or mold. The smell was unchanged too. I decided to take it and I had no problems with it. So I would say that this mixture definitely preserves the antimicrobial properties of iodine.

Just to clarify, the droppers from JCROW and also the sott article refer to a certain mg of iodine per “drop” depending on the concentration of the container purchased of course. When they say a “drop” does it mean .25 mL mark drop? Or an actual drop from the dropper? I cannot seem to actually find a clear answer to this.

Just to clarify, the droppers from JCROW and also the sott article refer to a certain mg of iodine per “drop” depending on the concentration of the container purchased of course. When they say a “drop” does it mean .25 mL mark drop? Or an actual drop from the dropper? I cannot seem to actually find a clear answer to this.
It is an actual drop from the dropper, held vertically rather than on an angle.
1 drop of lugols 5% is 6.25 mg
i drop of lugols 2% is 2.5 mg

Since I have read a lot about Hashimoto's here, but am still new to the business, I would like to ask @Gaby and/or @Keyhole what you think about these values. (I hope it's ok to ask :-[)

I got my blood results from my doctor on Thursday and she suspects that it is Hashimoto's, but she wants me to have a sonography of the thyroid gland. Unfortunately, this can take a few months before an appointment. I'll post the results here:

IMG_2476.jpg
She has prescribed me vitamin D, selenium, omega 3 fish oil and L-thyroxine Henning 50 (here I should start with half a tablet). If I understood the thread correctly, this artificial hormone is not so good.
I am now wondering what is right, should I take it until the final diagnosis by ultrasound or leave it out? My own research has shown that, from a dietary point of view, gluten-free (we already know that), sugar-free, milk products and intermittent fasting are good. What about meat in this context? My blood results showed that my blood sample was lipaemic (as far as I understand, blood fat is present), so do I need to worry about eating meat/fat? :huh: (you know I loooooove Bacon, sausage and so on :-P)

Back
Top Bottom